PDA

View Full Version : O/T:- China

navypie
16-04-2020, 05:28 PM
The more this goes on, the more I'm p1ssed off with them.

sidders
16-04-2020, 05:43 PM
Nothing one of your gunboats couldn't put right, Navel.

navypie
16-04-2020, 05:59 PM
Nothing one of your gunboats couldn't put right, Navel.
Fcuk off tw@t.

i961pie
16-04-2020, 07:19 PM
Steady pal

navypie
16-04-2020, 07:28 PM
Steady pal
Not at all buddy. The man jumps on the smallest spelling mistake but can't even change a lightbulb. He's a d1ick.

SwalePie
16-04-2020, 07:50 PM
Not at all buddy. The man jumps on the smallest spelling mistake but can't even change a lightbulb. He's a d1ick.

Steady on with the personal insults please Navy ;)

jackal2
16-04-2020, 08:12 PM
The man jumps on the smallest spelling mistake but can't even change a lightbulb.

I don't know. I reckon if sidders talked to a light bulb for long enough he could change it from being a neutral, inanimate object into being ever so slightly right-wing! >;)

navypie
16-04-2020, 08:12 PM
Steady on with the personal insults please Navy ;)
Noted. Did you ever get another dog mate ? Took me a long time when I lost my last Lab. When this one goes it might kill me.

SwalePie
16-04-2020, 09:17 PM
Noted. Did you ever get another dog mate ? Took me a long time when I lost my last Lab. When this one goes it might kill me.

No not yet. I think about it every day but I can't make that commitment at the moment. One day!

sidders
16-04-2020, 09:25 PM

Well, funnily enough, you have a point. The inset bulbs in our shower room are giving me a hard time. However, it is a long long time on here since I corrected anyone's spelling. In fact I remember complimenting you on yours recently.

navypie
16-04-2020, 09:30 PM
Well, funnily enough, you have a point. The inset bulbs in our shower room are giving me a hard time. However, it is a long long time on here since I corrected anyone's spelling. In fact I remember complimenting you on yours recently.
Well, if you did , I really do not give a fcuk. I can't think of anyone I dislike more than you on this site.

Elite_Pie
16-04-2020, 09:33 PM
Well, if you did , I really do not give a fcuk. I can't think of anyone I dislike more than you on this site.

I think you maybe could!

For your own sake, just take the subtle hint on the thread that was closed and retire for the night.

navypie
16-04-2020, 09:44 PM
I think you maybe could!

For your own sake, just take the subtle hint on the thread that was closed and retire for the night.
Thanks sid.

Bartlett's Dust
17-04-2020, 05:47 PM
I'm seeing a lot of 'boycott China' posts and buy British on Facebook. Mainly from the hard of thinking, posting from their Chinese smartphones or laptops.

SwalePie
17-04-2020, 06:19 PM
I'm seeing a lot of 'boycott China' posts and buy British on Facebook. Mainly from the hard of thinking, posting from their Chinese smartphones or laptops.

:)

countygump
17-04-2020, 07:17 PM

Lost both our 2 within a year of one another, a couple of years back.

Got these two little rascals now. I wanted to call them ''Reggie and Ronnie'' but the wife was having none of it.

BigFatPie
17-04-2020, 07:42 PM

Most of the time from people who 6 months ago were pinning their hopes on getting great trade deals from amongst others, China.

dam617
18-04-2020, 01:32 PM

Hard of thinking are they?
What do you expect from those on Facebook?

Oh, wait..................

navypie
18-04-2020, 02:20 PM

So, how do you know where the "hard of thinking" laptops and smartphones originate from? I haven't got a clue what device you are using or where it came from.

JoePass
18-04-2020, 04:02 PM

Oh yeah, lets have your statistics then clever boy.

Mapperleypie
18-04-2020, 04:30 PM

Here he is!

Bartlett's Dust
18-04-2020, 06:16 PM
So, how do you know where the "hard of thinking" laptops and smartphones originate from? I haven't got a clue what device you are using or where it came from.

Odds are it's China, as they are nearly all manufactured there..

Bartlett's Dust
18-04-2020, 06:19 PM

It's not really a secret that the vast majority of tech is manufactured in China. Are you trying to dispute that, it's not really a secret.

navypie
18-04-2020, 06:29 PM

Odds are it's China, as they are nearly all manufactured there..

Maybe you should have said 'some' then.

Bartlett's Dust
18-04-2020, 06:41 PM
Maybe you should have said 'some' then.

It will be closer to all than 'some' though.

navypie
18-04-2020, 07:00 PM
It will be closer to all than 'some' though.

I have a Samsung phone. Where are they manufactured?

Bartlett's Dust
18-04-2020, 07:04 PM
I have a Samsung phone. Where are they manufactured?

It's pretty easy to find out if you put your mind to it, go on you can do it. Well probably.

Back to the point of the thread, have China responded yet?

Elite_Pie
18-04-2020, 07:10 PM

Wow, I see that the undisputed NCM grand master of evading an answer is now demanding that others give them !!!! The person who always runs away like the coward he is and hides under his stone whenever he's asked a direct question!

OK Soccerman, I'll give you a chance to prove me wrong. A couple of days ago you accused me of posting "the politics of envy". I asked what exactly you thought I was envious of, and as usual you ran away and hid. Any chance of an answer now?

Mapperleypie
18-04-2020, 07:13 PM
It would be great for the human population as a whole (including the Chinese who live in ridiculously polluted and overcrowded cities) to reduce the reliance on Chinese manufactured consumer products, thats a really long road ahead mind.

That's exactly why the response to COVID-19 needs to be both measured and sensible. I think that there will be some form of retaliation against the Chinese government in the form of economic sanctions as the death-toll mounts up around the world.

With Trump in charge of the US, I fear for us all. The best outcome for everyone would be him losing in November.

navypie
18-04-2020, 07:20 PM
It's pretty easy to find out if you put your mind to it, go on you can do it. Well probably.

Back to the point of the thread, have China responded yet?

I asked you, politely I would say. Hands up, something I don't always do.

Mapperleypie
18-04-2020, 07:25 PM
I asked you, politely I would say. Hands up, something I don't always do.

The IMEI number should tell you. If you can locate that and google it. Spoiler alert - it's rare it's not China.

navypie
18-04-2020, 07:25 PM

Wow, I see that the undisputed NCM grand master of evading an answer is now demanding that others give them !!!! The person who always runs away like the coward he is and hides under his stone whenever he's asked a direct question!

OK Soccerman, I'll give you a chance to prove me wrong. A couple of days ago you accused me of posting "the politics of envy". I asked what exactly you thought I was envious of, and as usual you ran away and hid. Any chance of an answer now?

Saw Joe's post earlier and knew you wouldn't be able to help yersen. So, do you think Joe will do more than a one-line reply?
PS......I like Joe

navypie
18-04-2020, 07:28 PM
The IMEI number should tell you. If you can locate that and google it. Spoiler alert - it's rare it's not China.

IMEI number??????????????????

Elite_Pie
18-04-2020, 07:34 PM
Saw Joe's post earlier and knew you wouldn't be able to help yersen. So, do you think Joe will do more than a one-line reply?
PS......I like Joe

Of course you like him, because he doesn't like me. Seeing as you asked what I think, I don't think he'll give any sort of answer to what I asked, not even a one liner. He'll hide away as usual.

How about you? Will you completely embarrass yourself even more after a few drinks like you did on the locked thread you started a couple of days ago, or will you make yourself look a complete tit yet again when you've had one too many?

Bartlett's Dust
18-04-2020, 07:34 PM
A mixture:

Samsung Mobile Phone Manufacturing Locations
As of 2019, Samsung has its mobile phone manufacturing factories at 6 locations – Vietnam, China, India, Brazil, Indonesia, and South Korea. 50% of Samsung mobile phones are made in Vietnam and 8% in Korea. Rest is manufactured in India, Brazil, Indonesia and China.

The major companies in Chinese smartphone industry are Huawei, Apple, Samsung, Xiaomi and Lenovo.

jackal2
18-04-2020, 07:38 PM
It would be great for the human population as a whole (including the Chinese who live in ridiculously polluted and overcrowded cities) to reduce the reliance on Chinese manufactured consumer products, thats a really long road ahead mind.

That's exactly why the response to COVID-19 needs to be both measured and sensible. I think that there will be some form of retaliation against the Chinese government in the form of economic sanctions as the death-toll mounts up around the world.

What would ultimately be great for the human population is far fewer humans. The worldwide death toll from Coronavirus - whatever it eventually turns out to be - will be like p*ssing in the sea compared with the threat to humankind and the planet that is posed by the exponential growth in the world population hour by hour, day by day and year by year. Coronavirus will barely make a dent in that. China introduced a one child birth control policy but relaxed it in 2013. Maybe a better idea would have been to keep it and extend it across pretty much the rest of the world. Or we could just accept that our species was always designed to be finite and enjoy life while it lasts.

navypie
18-04-2020, 07:40 PM
A mixture:

Samsung Mobile Phone Manufacturing Locations
As of 2019, Samsung has its mobile phone manufacturing factories at 6 locations – Vietnam, China, India, Brazil, Indonesia, and South Korea. 50% of Samsung mobile phones are made in Vietnam and 8% in Korea. Rest is manufactured in India, Brazil, Indonesia and China.

The major companies in Chinese smartphone industry are Huawei, Apple, Samsung, Xiaomi and Lenovo.

I stand corrected. If ............you are correct.

navypie
18-04-2020, 07:54 PM
Of course you like him, because he doesn't like me. Seeing as you asked what I think, I don't think he'll give any sort of answer to what I asked, not even a one liner. He'll hide away as usual.

How about you? Will you completely embarrass yourself even more after a few drinks like you did on the locked thread you started a couple of days ago, or will you make yourself look a complete tit yet again when you've had one too many?

Erm, I can see you're struggling mate. Ok, me and fatlads polite exchange on the " Royal Family" thread. Normally,you'd have jumped in. Yeah, she did let me have another beer , but I did manage to finish glossing the hallway

Mapperleypie
18-04-2020, 07:58 PM
What would ultimately be great for the human population is far fewer humans. The worldwide death toll from Coronavirus - whatever it eventually turns out to be - will be like p*ssing in the sea compared with the threat to humankind and the planet that is posed by the exponential growth in the world population hour by hour, day by day and year by year. Coronavirus will barely make a dent in that. China introduced a one child birth control policy but relaxed it in 2013. Maybe a better idea would have been to keep it and extend it across pretty much the rest of the world. Or we could just accept that our species was always designed to be finite and enjoy life while it lasts.

Well I don't disagree. To actually police a one child birth policy though is so ridiculously difficult that it becomes not worthwhile in itself.

It's obvious the human race are going to implode at some point due to over-population. The issue is nobody wants to be alive (nor have their kids or grandkids alive) when that time comes.

Elite_Pie
18-04-2020, 08:04 PM
Erm, I can see you're struggling mate. Ok, me and fatlads polite exchange on the " Royal Family" thread. Normally,you'd have jumped in. Yeah, she did let me have another beer , but I did manage to finish glossing the hallway

I don't think you'll manage to gloss over your embarrassing "Apart from Elite" thread! I'm just glad that the mods decided to lock it rather than delete it, because it shows you up for the pathetic individual you are big time!

I would put money on me drinking you under the table any day of the week, but I do know when to stop.

Elite_Pie
18-04-2020, 08:07 PM

Can't argue with you there jackal, one way or another I think we (the human race) will be the architects of our own destruction.

I'm at the stage where I try to be guided by the last five words of your post!

BigFatPie
18-04-2020, 08:17 PM

Designed? Who by?

navypie
18-04-2020, 08:19 PM
What would ultimately be great for the human population is far fewer humans. The worldwide death toll from Coronavirus - whatever it eventually turns out to be - will be like p*ssing in the sea compared with the threat to humankind and the planet that is posed by the exponential growth in the world population hour by hour, day by day and year by year. Coronavirus will barely make a dent in that. China introduced one child birth control policy but relaxed it in 2013. Maybe a better idea would have been to keep it and extend it across pretty much the rest of the world. Or we could just accept that our species was always designed to be finite and enjoy life while it lasts.

So, when do we think the Navy should start sinking rather than saving lives in the channel to protect our people? The likes of Elite and Lardy will say never but will never take them into their homes. They ain't no difference from the rest of us when push comes to shove.

BigFatPie
18-04-2020, 08:22 PM
So, when do we think the Navy should start sinking rather than saving lives in the channel to protect our people? The likes of Elite and Lardy will say never but will never take them into their homes. They ain't no difference from the rest of us when push comes to shove.

Thankfully you’re right that I wouldn’t approve of drowning people in the Channel. It’s the nicest thing you’ve said about me.

Elite_Pie
18-04-2020, 08:26 PM
So, when do we think the Navy should start sinking rather than saving lives in the channel to protect our people?

When we become callous, uncaring low life vermin. It seems some are already there.

The likes of Elite and Lardy will say never but will never take them into their homes. They ain't no difference from the rest of us when push comes to shove.

So how many homeless ex-servicemen have you taken into your home? If your answer is less than one, you are a pathetic hypocrite.

navypie
18-04-2020, 08:29 PM
I don't think you'll manage to gloss over your embarrassing "Apart from Elite" thread! I'm just glad that the mods decided to lock it rather than delete it, because it shows you up for the pathetic individual you are big time!

I would put money on me drinking you under the table any day of the week, but I do know when to stop.

I'm sure you could. Never been a drinker me.

navypie
18-04-2020, 08:39 PM
When we become callous, uncaring low life vermin. It seems some are already there.

So how many homeless ex-servicemen have you taken into your home? If your answer is less than one, you are a pathetic hypocrite.

A friend of mine knew I had a PCV Licence and asked if I would help taking people from the Pakistani centre on Woodborough Road on day trips. I did and met some amazing people.

jackal2
18-04-2020, 08:46 PM
Designed? Who by?

Nature I meant. Many other species have come and gone over time and I'm sure we will be the same.

I don't know if you were reading some sort of 'designed by God' inference into my comment but I can assure you I'm not at all religious.

Elite_Pie
18-04-2020, 08:50 PM
I'm sure you could. Never been a drinker me.

The important bit was that I know when to stop.

If a single shandy makes you post some of the late night shyte you post, try and avoid the shandy.

jackal2
18-04-2020, 08:50 PM
Can't argue with you there jackal, one way or another I think we (the human race) will be the architects of our own destruction.

I'm at the stage where I try to be guided by the last five words of your post!

We know for a fact that as individuals we have an in-built self-destruct mechanism (if a virus doesn't get us first!) so it isn't too much of a leap of logic that our whole species has a collective one too. Maybe having served whatever purpose we've served in the great scheme of nature, we're supposed to breed ourselves out of existence? :O

navypie
18-04-2020, 08:54 PM
Thankfully you’re right that I wouldn’t approve of drowning people in the Channel. It’s the nicest thing you’ve said about me.

What if the whole of Africa arrived at the channel, what do you do?

navypie
18-04-2020, 08:59 PM
The important bit was that I know when to stop.

If a single shandy makes you post some of the late night shyte you post, try and avoid the shandy.

Erm , sounds like a dressing down.

pingu_pie
18-04-2020, 09:14 PM

I'm not sure we have agreed on anything politically on here, jackal, but I agree with you on this.

Having been watching for years wondering if the human race would work out that population control would be necessary to keep the planet inhabitable (and I mean controlling the birth rate, rather than by mass killings, before this gets scary!), it's been illuminating to see that we can't even manage a few weeks of isolation to save some lives when a global emergency is staring folk in the face.

As Mapperley suggests, the only real hope now is to not be around to witness it.

navypie
18-04-2020, 09:21 PM

So, how many asylum seekers have you taken into your home? If your answer is less than one, you are a pathetic hypocrite.

navypie
18-04-2020, 09:36 PM

So what would you do if Africa was hit bad and millions arrived at the channel. Would you give the Navy orders to sink vessels or let them come?

Elite_Pie
18-04-2020, 09:48 PM
So, how many asylum seekers have you taken into your home? If your answer is less than one, you are a pathetic hypocrite.

Not for the first time, you don't quite seem to understand. It is possible to want the system or government to do something without having to do it yourself to make it credible.

If you really are posting sober, you have a bigger problem than I first thought.

BigFatPie
18-04-2020, 09:52 PM
So what would you do if Africa was hit bad and millions arrived at the channel. Would you give the Navy orders to sink vessels or let them come?

Is that question so good you’ve posted it twice?

If 1.216 billion people suddenly turned up in the channel I’d probably want to know where they got such a big boat.

Bartlett's Dust
18-04-2020, 10:30 PM
Not for the first time, you don't quite seem to understand. It is possible to want the system or government to do something without having to do it yourself to make it credible.

If you really are posting sober, you have a bigger problem than I first thought.

LOL.

The first (and probably the last) time i've posted LOL on a forum...

LaxtonLad
19-04-2020, 06:37 AM

I don't think the Navy would follow my orders so I would sell my house and buy the biggest Channel ferry boat I could afford. I'd charge a fortune for a trip in either direction to immigrants or emigrants until things got ugly then sell that boat, buy another smaller one, and sail self and family to Jersey.

since41
19-04-2020, 08:22 AM

No idea if this is true or not but no social distancing there though.

Seven billion isn't such a space issue, Mo Rocca pointed out. If everyone in the world stood shoulder to shoulder, we could all fit within the city limits of Los Angeles.

https://www.cbsnews.com/pictures/seven-surprising-facts-about-the-earths-7-billion/4/