PDA

View Full Version : Gibson calls for Ogren U-turn

Retired Arab
04-05-2020, 01:00 AM
Interesting article in Monday's Tully.

John Gibson could well be perceived to be begging Mark Ogren to do a U-turn about negotiating with DUSF.

In my opinion it should be other way round. DUSF Steering Group need to perform the U-turn instead and end the disharmony. Perhaps they should make a recommendation to ballot all their members immediately and enable the generous donation, without all the terms and conditions attached, to finally be paid with the minimal assurances as required by company law?

Note that it's nothing to do with Federation 😂 (Incorrect headline)

https://www.eveningtelegraph.co.uk/fp/dundee-united-fc-supporters-federation-mark-ogren/#

offshore_arab83
04-05-2020, 07:39 AM
I take it this is being resurrected now Brannigan has gone? is there disharmony? apart from the press release that no one really thinks Ogren penned, can anyone say it's disharmonious? Scott Ogren spoke well of the foundation not too long ago...

Why don't you join them and suggest this?

Shedboy1971
04-05-2020, 07:53 AM
sounds like there could be negotiation now Mel has gone? I have no idea btw just thinking aloud

Retired Arab
04-05-2020, 08:08 AM
I take it this is being resurrected now Brannigan has gone? is there disharmony? apart from the press release that no one really thinks Ogren penned, can anyone say it's disharmonious? Scott Ogren spoke well of the foundation not too long ago...

Why don't you join them and suggest this?

I definitely reckon Ogren was well aware of content in the explosive statemen.

DUSF isn't open to all free minded and independent thinking Arabs like us ��

GFLower
04-05-2020, 08:10 AM
Why should Mr Ogren negotiate with DUSF? They represent at best a small minority of United fans and many others like me are sick and tired of their jumping up and down attention seeking. Give us a break.

Typical DFC Thompsons at it again. Front page news my arse.

Retired Arab
04-05-2020, 08:13 AM
sounds like there could be negotiation now Mel has gone? I have no idea btw just thinking aloud

I doubt very much if Mal Brannigan's departure has anything to do with DUSF statement. If that was reason then he'd have left weeks ago.

DUSF clutching at straws now. That's why Gibson is grovelling in media today.

offshore_arab83
04-05-2020, 08:42 AM
I definitely reckon Ogren was well aware of content in the explosive statemen.

DUSF isn't open to all free minded and independent thinking Arabs like us ��

Suppose we'll need to wait and see what happens, olive branch offered? end of the day its a shame that there's supporters money in a pot that potentially wont be utilised for the good of the club, especially just now when clubs have zero income.

Interesting to see how all this pans out.

offshore_arab83
04-05-2020, 08:57 AM
Typical DFC Thompsons at it again. Front page news my arse. just stirs things up eh, nae need

Retired Arab
04-05-2020, 09:26 AM
Suppose we'll need to wait and see what happens, olive branch offered? end of the day its a shame that there's supporters money in a pot that potentially wont be utilised for the good of the club, especially just now when clubs have zero income.

Interesting to see how all this pans out.

Would be ideal if individual fans who can afford it donated hard earned cash into the new, ring fenced Youth Development Board. Then it’s a win:win for all of us 😊

offshore_arab83
04-05-2020, 11:48 AM
is that the £25k investment through the club?

Retired Arab
04-05-2020, 01:01 PM
is that the £25k investment through the club?

No don’t think so

Jim_Jam
04-05-2020, 01:24 PM
I doubt very much if Mal Brannigan's departure has anything to do with DUSF statement. If that was reason then he'd have left weeks ago.

I think it does. Why else would he leave. Got a better job? Why surround it in secrecy? Then why does DUSF return with attempt at reconciliation this week? It would be great if indeed Brannigan did write or over egg the message and had a heated debate about it and left. So we can get back to harmony with all the genuine DUSF investors happy their money is going to helping their beloved football club.

ps Keep up the very good work Mr Ogren.

offshore_arab83
04-05-2020, 01:30 PM
No don’t think so

whats the £25k investment again?

TerryTheTerror
04-05-2020, 03:27 PM
I think it does. Why else would he leave. Got a better job? Why surround it in secrecy? Then why does DUSF return with attempt at reconciliation this week? It would be great if indeed Brannigan did write or over egg the message and had a heated debate about it and left. So we can get back to harmony with all the genuine DUSF investors happy their money is going to helping their beloved football club.

Or it could be you are adding 2 and 2 to get 5. :)

pertharab
04-05-2020, 03:44 PM
Why should Mr Ogren negotiate with DUSF? They represent at best a small minority of United fans and many others like me are sick and tired of their jumping up and down attention seeking. Give us a break.

Typical DFC Thompsons at it again. Front page news my arse.

I can't stand DCTs. They are hopeless and it takes a unique brand of incompetence to be hated by both clubs in the city. We think DCTs favour Dundee and are biased against us but looking at the Dundee boards they think the exact opposite and that they are biased against them. Quite how a once respected newspaper business (remember the Sporting Post on a saturday evening!) could make such an @rse of things is beyond belief.

offshore_arab83
04-05-2020, 04:38 PM
Good point PA.

LSArab
04-05-2020, 07:48 PM
I can't stand DCTs. They are hopeless and it takes a unique brand of incompetence to be hated by both clubs in the city. We think DCTs favour Dundee and are biased against us but looking at the Dundee boards they think the exact opposite and that they are biased against them. Quite how a once respected newspaper business (remember the Sporting Post on a saturday evening!) could make such an @rse of things is beyond belief.

TBF I do really believe they are all DEEs

Jim Spence a notable exception - a lot of the time he speaks his mind and I like him.

Rab Douglas good for a bit of comedy stating the obvious. He doesn’t like United but comfortable with that where he doesn’t try to hide it 😂

Re the OP. It’s all a bit peoples front of Judea.

At the moment happy to let the Ogrens get on with running the club. They have done a great job so far

Also respect the coaching staff and Robbie who will not shirk giving them their views and knowledge of Scottish scene

offshore_arab83
23-05-2020, 11:45 AM
And Ogren has just done that!

Great news for all involved, especially in these difficult times

Some may well be a wee touch bitter aboot it though lol