PDA

View Full Version : History of notts seasons 1969-2000

jackal2
08-05-2020, 02:27 PM
Apologies if everybody else except me already knew about this website and I'm the last to the party, but in the past week or so I've happened upon this website which lists, as accurately as I've ever seen it, the complete history of Notts County results and team selections from 1969 through to 2000. The link below is to the first of those seasons, but you can see any of the seasons up to 1999-00 simply by changing the dates at the end of the link to suit:

http://carousel.royalwebhosting.net/utm/1969-70.html

Like I say, apologies if I'm telling you all about something you've already seen, but somehow I'd missed this until now, and as a football and Notts County anorak I found it fascinating searching through the seasons and seeing how our teams evolved, including many names I'd long since forgotten playing for us.

Major respect to whoever took the time to put this together. A real labour of love!

Jeekay56
08-05-2020, 03:35 PM
Apologies if everybody else except me already knew about this website and I'm the last to the party, but in the past week or so I've happened upon this website which lists, as accurately as I've ever seen it, the complete history of Notts County results and team selections from 1969 through to 2000. The link below is to the first of those seasons, but you can see any of the seasons up to 1999-00 simply by changing the dates at the end of the link to suit:

Like I say, apologies if I'm telling you all about something you've already seen, but somehow I'd missed this until now, and as a football and Notts County anorak I found it fascinating searching through the seasons and seeing how our teams evolved, including many names I'd long since forgotten playing for us.

Major respect to whoever took the time to put this together. A real labour of love!

I have to say I'm surprised you've not come across this website before. It's run/owned by Upthemaggies, and as you say a real labour of love.

upthemaggies
08-05-2020, 04:49 PM
The link below is to the first of those seasons, but you can see any of the seasons up to 1999-00 simply by changing the dates at the end of the link to suit:

Easier to select the season you want from here.....
http://carousel.royalwebhosting.net/utm/maggies11.html

Stopped with season 1999/00 because that's the point where other websites began coming online and you can find team line-ups and reports elsewhere but the basic stats (scorers, attendances, league positions) are up for all seasons from 1888 to the present.

cher1
08-05-2020, 04:57 PM
Can I just say thank you UTM for all the work you put into that site. It's such a great source of information and as someone with the worst memory in the world, it's been really useful and informative over the years.

upthemaggies
08-05-2020, 05:13 PM
Can I just say thank you UTM for all the work you put into that site. It's such a great source of information and as someone with the worst memory in the world, it's been really useful and informative over the years.

Well, I hope it serves to remind people how consistently above average Notts were over a period of 30 years. When you take into account the fact that Fword reached their zenith around the same time, there's no reason why we can't rise to the top for another go if the will and belief is there to do it. It's a great old club, we really shouldn't talk it down, let's hope these new owners can restore it to its' rightful place.

jackal2
08-05-2020, 05:53 PM
Good work UTM!

I'm sorry I've taken so long to find your work, but at least my post might bring it to the attention of a few other Magpie folk too!

ncfcog
08-05-2020, 06:12 PM
As a historical resource relating to Notts County you won’t find a better site!

Old_pie
08-05-2020, 06:27 PM

Shucks. I was getting away with being able to cite players, games and results and now my cover is blown - my first port of call is always UTM's site for such things and memory often plays tricks.

navypie
08-05-2020, 06:43 PM
utm needs to get a life! Great site mate and from one Notts fan to another, thanks for all the hard work you've put in.

ncfcog
08-05-2020, 07:47 PM
utm needs to get a life! Great site mate and from one Notts fan to another, thanks for all the hard work you've put in.

Ditto

jackal2
10-05-2020, 02:34 PM
As a historical resource relating to Notts County you won’t find a better site!

When our resident master of stats ncfcog is saying that, it's a compliment indeed! :star:

60YearsAPie
10-05-2020, 03:13 PM
Shucks. I was getting away with being able to cite players, games and results and now my cover is blown - my first port of call is always UTM's site for such things and memory often plays tricks.

I agree with my fellow Tony Hateley fan. A great site utm and one I've gone to time and time again, when I wanted to check who scored that winning goal or what the attendance was etc. etc. utm mentioned there are other sites these days but this is always the one I go to.