PDA

View Full Version : Club takes up option of extra year for Mowatt

EastStandRed
18-05-2020, 09:04 AM
The Club can confirm that we have activated the option to extend Alex Mowatt’s contract until 2021.

The 25-year-old, who arrived from Leeds United in January of 2017 was an ever-present during our promotion from League One last season and as current Club captain, Mowatt has become a central figure within the first team squad.

Having already made 101 appearances for us, Chief Executive, Dane Murphy, is looking forward to the midfielder adding to that tally.

Speaking on the news, Murphy said: “Alex Mowatt is a key member of Gerhard’s squad. The club have been clear in its intent to keep Alex at Oakwell longer than his current deal permits. Retaining his services for at least another season is significant.

“Despite the Club’s position and the uncertainties that cloud the future of the 2019/20 season, we remain positive and competitive on all fronts. Having Alex lead our team is key to this mentality.”

With the first team squad set to return to training on 25 May, our current attention is centred on following EFL guidelines and providing a safe and practical resumption to action for players and supporters alike.

This week we will continue to make announcements to supporters and provide clarity on a path forward.

Please continue to stay safe.

Ponte_Steve24
18-05-2020, 09:11 AM
Good news. Here until January at least.

EastStandRed
18-05-2020, 11:19 AM
Possibly the case that he wouldn’t sign a new deal so they’ve activated the extra year so they can sell him for more

bill46
18-05-2020, 03:55 PM
Great news in a time when other clubs are having to release players,managers caused by the financial drought caused by the coronavirus.Well done Reds.

Romared
18-05-2020, 04:57 PM
Off to Forest

animallittle3
18-05-2020, 06:21 PM
Great news in a time when other clubs are having to release players,managers caused by the financial drought caused by the coronavirus.Well done Reds.

We'll need every penny when we go into administration .

The club's in serious financial jeopardy and quite a few haven't worked that out yet .

These owners will not raise capital through their own personal funds , the club lives and dies under it's own steam .

Just another business to them that became a bad investment due to the pandemic , if it goes to the wall so be it .

Don't expect to get the pre pandemic valuation on players leaving the club either .

Nobody's got a cracker to spend , the transfer market will collapse at this level and below .

See how you feel about the ownership when they walk away from the club whilst its burning to the ground carrying all the fire extinguishers .

Ponte_Steve24
19-05-2020, 07:45 AM

The club's in serious financial jeopardy and quite a few haven't worked that out yet .

These owners will not raise capital through their own personal funds , the club lives and dies under it's own steam .

Just another business to them that became a bad investment due to the pandemic , if it goes to the wall so be it .

Don't expect to get the pre pandemic valuation on players leaving the club either .

Nobody's got a cracker to spend , the transfer market will collapse at this level and below .

See how you feel about the ownership when they walk away from the club whilst its burning to the ground carrying all the fire extinguishers .

The way the club stands at the minute I couldn't care less if it folds. It's been stagnating since May 2000. I wouldn't follow anyone else but can't see the point of Barnsley F.C in it's current guise.

League 1, promotion. Championship, penny pinch, struggle, relegation to League 1 and repeat.

pass_and_move
19-05-2020, 08:25 AM
Surely all the bases are covered for the rest of this season financially. Ok they'll miss out on revenue from matchday tickets but I wouldn't imagine that it would amount to a great deal of profit when you factor in the policing costs and stewarding.

If next season doesn't kick off on time then there is real concern because there'll be no season ticket money coming in to help cover the players wages. I would imagine that the owners will take out a bridging loan to cover the shortfall until things resume back to normal. As has been said many times on here, they'll not spend their own money to cover anything.

animallittle3
19-05-2020, 08:49 AM
Surely all the bases are covered for the rest of this season financially. Ok they'll miss out on revenue from matchday tickets but I wouldn't imagine that it would amount to a great deal of profit when you factor in the policing costs and stewarding.

If next season doesn't kick off on time then there is real concern because there'll be no season ticket money coming in to help cover the players wages. I would imagine that the owners will take out a bridging loan to cover the shortfall until things resume back to normal. As has been said many times on here, they'll not spend their own money to cover anything.

The major concern is the likely collapse of the transfer market Pass which appears to be the clubs biggest source of income .

It's highly likely your Woodrow's , Chaplin's , Mowatt and Brown aren't going to be worth anything like they were pre pandemic .

In such times as we are about to witness £5m footballers become £500k ones in the blink of an eye .

The players we signed last summer won't be paid for yet and we will still owe the balance on the majority of those fees , at pre pandemic prices but with post pandemic income to settle on .

ST revenue is zilch , advertising and sponsorship too .

Fans when football does return are going to be more interested in their own finances and ability to earn a living .

The business community who support the club with advertising and sponsorship aren't exactly going to be flush with cash either as they fight for survival and bills to settle with the government after taking payment holidays .

With a consortium of owners whose personal investment was minimal as a collective the writing could be on the wall .

Ponte_Steve24
19-05-2020, 09:01 AM
The major concern is the likely collapse of the transfer market Pass which appears to be the clubs biggest source of income .

It's highly likely your Woodrow's , Chaplin's , Mowatt and Brown aren't going to be worth anything like they were pre pandemic .

In such times as we are about to witness £5m footballers become £500k ones in the blink of an eye .

The players we signed last summer won't be paid for yet and we will still owe the balance on the majority of those fees , at pre pandemic prices but with post pandemic income to settle on .

ST revenue is zilch , advertising and sponsorship too .

Fans when football does return are going to be more interested in their own finances and ability to earn a living .

The business community who support the club with advertising and sponsorship aren't exactly going to be flush with cash either as they fight for survival and bills to settle with the governments after taking payment holidays .

With a consortium of owners whose personal investment was minimal as a collective the writing could be on the wall .

Football might even become a sport. I'm glad it's finally being seen as a "nice to have". People are rightly saying take it or leave it and not missing it.

animallittle3
19-05-2020, 09:24 AM
The shenanigans of Philip Green and BHS shows what these kind of people are capable of when the businesses they own become a monkey on their backs .

Their personal fortune doesn't come in to it and these owners have already demonstrated what they are capable of at OGC Nice and why they are in football .

As I say I believe the clubs in great jeopardy right now .

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-36139828

Ponte_Steve24
19-05-2020, 09:55 AM
The shenanigans of Philip Green and BHS shows what these kind of people are capable of when the businesses they own become a monkey on their backs .

Their personal fortune doesn't come in to it and these owners have already demonstrated what they are capable of at OGC Nice and why they are in football .

As I say I believe the clubs in great jeopardy right now .

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-36139828

I dreamt Laura was Cara Delevigne last night. What a weird coincidence? (Not in a ***ual way.)

bill46
19-05-2020, 10:44 AM

God you've got me worried now.Can you spill the beans to where you've got your info. from.

Ponte_Steve24
19-05-2020, 12:04 PM
Prophet of doom. Too much time on his hands. Watering those geraniums has gone to his head.

Jules88
19-05-2020, 12:26 PM
I have to agree with Animal. When the brown stuff hits the fan the club will be closed, run down, or priced out of the market so that it goes bankrupt. The owners will have already got their original investment back, and more. No evidence from me...These type of people won’t have any qualms about shutting it down, and as seen at Bury, the eEFL just won’t care.

Hodger1957
19-05-2020, 12:56 PM
Players will be going to Oakwell on the bus with the fans.
Back to the good old days.
There'll just be the Premier League and the WSL.
They'll not dare let the women's game suffer.

Exiletyke
19-05-2020, 02:35 PM
I have to agree with Animal. When the brown stuff hits the fan the club will be closed, run down, or priced out of the market so that it goes bankrupt. The owners will have already got their original investment back, and more. No evidence from me...These type of people won’t have any qualms about shutting it down, and as seen at Bury, the eEFL just won’t care.

I agree

Ponte_Steve24
19-05-2020, 02:40 PM
I've got a lovely bunch of cocunuts...

animallittle3
19-05-2020, 04:08 PM
God you've got me worried now.Can you spill the beans to where you've got your info. from.

It would appear you are looking at it with BFC eyes on Bill and I'm afraid our dear owners do not have anything like that kind of emotional bond towards the club .

Happy enough to wear a silly red n white hat and take a open top bus ride when the club is successful but that's about as far as it extends .

We are living in unprecedented times and the economy is going to take the biggest hit the vast majority of us have ever seen .

The transfer market is the sole reason they bought the club and once it collapses as it will then there's very little for them here because then it will require capital outside of the transfer market , there's isn't enough money outside of the transfer market to run the club to any satisfaction .

It then becomes a monkey on their backs , the market they identified as a means to future profit and to self sustain the club no longer exists .

It's not particularly difficult to join the dots Bill if you accept the fact the ownership are here to make money on investment and haven't bought the club for love .

bill46
19-05-2020, 04:28 PM
It would appear you are looking at it with BFC eyes on Bill and I'm afraid our dear owners do not have anything like that kind of emotional bond towards the club .

Happy enough to wear a silly red n white hat and take a open top bus ride when the club is successful but that's about as far as it extends .

We are living in unprecedented times and the economy is going to take the biggest hit the vast majority of us have ever seen .

The transfer market is the sole reason they bought the club and once it collapses as it will then there's very little for them here because then it will require capital outside of the transfer market , there's isn't enough money outside of the transfer market to run the club to any satisfaction .

It then becomes a monkey on their backs , the market they identified as a means to future profit and to self sustain the club no longer exists .

It's not particularly difficult to join the dots Bill if you accept the fact the ownership are here to make money on investment and haven't bought the club for love .

Thanks for the reply.I only said I was pleased that Mowett had signed the extended contract.I was a bit concerned what you put about administration .I take that now as your personal view and not something you had been told.
My view on any football owners is that they don't want to make a loss.If you go back a few years back P.C signed players like Lita,Treacy and the like.The result was over the hill players on big wages who turned out to be poor deals financially and on the playing side.He then fetched in buying younger players who would have a resale so the club could progress.Now looking at the league table we can all argue that because the owners have carried on P.C brain child we find our selves at the bottom of the Championship and theres no doubting some of the transfer policy hasn't work.For any club the way to make money is to try and find a formula that will bring success.At the moment we haven't achieved that but theres no way on Gods earth the owners have made a round coin yet.I understand peoples scepticism on owners that are not from the Uk and are here to make a fortune but they can only achieve that with long term success,you don't get paid for failure.
Personally I don't think the owners will bale out but that's just my opinion.
If when we get back to normal football ie playing in grounds with crowds etc and the owners are still here would accept that your views were wrong.If they walk away I will give the biggest apology ever and supply free beers to the members of Tykesmad.

animallittle3
19-05-2020, 05:18 PM
Thanks for the reply.I only said I was pleased that Mowett had signed the extended contract.I was a bit concerned what you put about administration .I take that now as your personal view and not something you had been told.
My view on any football owners is that they don't want to make a loss.If you go back a few years back P.C signed players like Lita,Treacy and the like.The result was over the hill players on big wages who turned out to be poor deals financially and on the playing side.He then fetched in buying younger players who would have a resale so the club could progress.Now looking at the league table we can all argue that because the owners have carried on P.C brain child we find our selves at the bottom of the Championship and theres no doubting some of the transfer policy hasn't work.For any club the way to make money is to try and find a formula that will bring success.At the moment we haven't achieved that but theres no way on Gods earth the owners have made a round coin yet.I understand peoples scepticism on owners that are not from the Uk and are here to make a fortune but they can only achieve that with long term success,you don't get paid for failure.
Personally I don't think the owners will bale out but that's just my opinion.
If when we get back to normal football ie playing in grounds with crowds etc and the owners are still here would accept that your views were wrong.If they walk away I will give the biggest apology ever and supply free beers to the members of Tykesmad.

Well that's where you and I differ when you say " when we get back to normal "

Personally I don't envisage that happening within the EFL .

For several years now clubs have chanced their arm and have become up to their nacker in debt and I feel this pandemic will be the reason it finally goes over the cliff .

Once the transfer market collapses within the EFL we don't have anybody to buy our players from us , generally speaking our top talent that is sold is generally sold to Championship clubs .

The saleable talent within the squad at present would only go to Championship clubs , it's difficult to make a case for anyone who is good enough for the PL .

I'm not suggesting the owner's have had a profit out of the club at this moment in time but with what's coming down the road economically it will be a case of dumping the toxic stock and clearing off before they do get severely burned .

The reality is the clubs model no longer exists without a transfer market to operate in .

animallittle3
19-05-2020, 05:23 PM
Prophet of doom. Too much time on his hands. Watering those geraniums has gone to his head.

Steve , some of us are old enough to have lived through tough economic times and how that plays out at Oakwell .

In 1982 we averaged just over 15k for second division football , by 1984 it was down to 5k because of the effects of the miners strike on the club .

Bear in mind too that football at that time was still a relatively cheap afternoon out .

Unlike today .

animallittle3
19-05-2020, 05:29 PM

The glimmer of light Jules is that James Cryne still holds a 20% stake and is a big fan of the club .

If James has the financial means and will it maybe possible that he could purchase from the existing owners an extra 31% giving him 51% .

It would then be a case of attracting other investors to purchase the remaining 49% .

No easy task but not impossible either .

Exiletyke
19-05-2020, 06:02 PM
I've got a lovely bunch of cocunuts...

Thas got two just like the rest of us
[how ***ist is that?]

pass_and_move
19-05-2020, 06:17 PM
Assuming that the consortium took out a £20million loan to purchase the club then I'd suggest that the likelihood of having paid off even the interest on that loan over the last 30 months is remote. How would they be able to walk away from that with their other business investments intact or unscathed if BFC went to the wall?

animallittle3
19-05-2020, 06:39 PM
Assuming that the consortium took out a £20million loan to purchase the club then I'd suggest that the likelihood of having paid off even the interest on that loan over the last 30 months is remote. How would they be able to walk away from that with their other business investments intact or unscathed if BFC went to the wall?

I don't think they paid £20m Pass although that's the number that was rumoured at the time .

It appears from what I've read on bbs and again its open to debate the figure was probably half that .

bill46
19-05-2020, 06:39 PM
Well that's where you and I differ when you say " when we get back to normal "

Personally I don't envisage that happening within the EFL .

For several years now clubs have chanced their arm and have become up to their nacker in debt and I feel this pandemic will be the reason it finally goes over the cliff .

Once the transfer market collapses within the EFL we don't have anybody to buy our players from us , generally speaking our top talent that is sold is generally sold to Championship clubs .

The saleable talent within the squad at present would only go to Championship clubs , it's difficult to make a case for anyone who is good enough for the PL .

I'm not suggesting the owner's have had a profit out of the club at this moment in time but with what's coming down the road economically it will be a case of dumping the toxic stock and clearing off before they do get severely burned .

The reality is the clubs model no longer exists without a transfer market to operate in .

I agree about the normal bit I don't know what normal is anymore.As for the finances as far as I know we had no debt but obviously due to the virus and no income streams the money used for the running of the club will be eaten into.I fear more for other clubs who were in massive debt and this situation have left them teetering on the edge.
On the clubs model part I don't know of many clubs that don't sell to keep the wheels turning.The transfer market as always lept our club afloat and even paid for the ground changes at Oakwell. Lets hope we come out of this lean spell with our heads above water.The clubs who have gambled by trying to cheat there way to the Premiership are the ones on a cliff edge.

animallittle3
19-05-2020, 07:26 PM
I agree about the normal bit I don't know what normal is anymore.As for the finances as far as I know we had no debt but obviously due to the virus and no income streams the money used for the running of the club will be eaten into.I fear more for other clubs who were in massive debt and this situation have left them teetering on the edge.
On the clubs model part I don't know of many clubs that don't sell to keep the wheels turning.The transfer market as always lept our club afloat and even paid for the ground changes at Oakwell. Lets hope we come out of this lean spell with our heads above water.The clubs who have gambled by trying to cheat there way to the Premiership are the ones on a cliff edge.

The worry is the money we still owe to other clubs from last summers recruitment and the valuation of our own top talent significantly nose diving .

At this moment in time as you say we have absolutely no revenue coming in at all but still have the costs to bear .

The club is heavily reliant on doing substantial business in the transfer market to remain debt free and operational .

The collapse of the transfer market would have the same impact at Oakwell as Derby County , Nottingham Forest and WBA surviving on gates of 8k but with the same overheads as today .

We are far more vulnerable with this model as things stand right now because the ownership haven't shown any enthusiasm for providing capital from their own funds .

It will remain to be seen how much the owners of other clubs are prepared to fill in the financial holes but we seem to know the answer to that on Grove Street , thus far .

That's what is most concerning right now , the commitment of the ownership in the toughest of financial times .

I'm not convinced they have the stomach for this kind of commitment because the emotional attachment you need in troubled times such as these just doesn't exist other than James Cryne's 20% stake .

Exiletyke
19-05-2020, 08:32 PM
I'm not convinced they have the stomach for this kind of commitment because the emotional attachment you need in troubled times such as these just doesn't exist other than James Cryne's 20% stake . [/quote]

Not living in Barnsley I may be light on BFC news but I cannot see any evidence of James ever saying owt let alone his stake of 20% being owt other than a meal ticket & a handsome one at that
Can anyone point to anything JC has done in the last 3 years which would improve my faith

animallittle3
19-05-2020, 08:50 PM
I'm not convinced they have the stomach for this kind of commitment because the emotional attachment you need in troubled times such as these just doesn't exist other than James Cryne's 20% stake .

Not living in Barnsley I may be light on BFC news but I cannot see any evidence of James ever saying owt let alone his stake of 20% being owt other than a meal ticket & a handsome one at that
Can anyone point to anything JC has done in the last 3 years which would improve my faith[/QUOTE]

There isn't Exile other than he's a fan and goes to every game home and away .

Unfortunately that's as good as it gets I'm afraid but at least it's a link .

DOOALI
19-05-2020, 09:03 PM

Can anyone point to anything JC has done in the last 3 years which would improve my faith[/QUOTE]
Exactly Exile I always remember that JC said he wasn't interested in talking over the club that just speaks for itself why should he,a big money earner for cryne family selling to these Rsoles and him getting his bread buttered on both sides with his 20%

Exiletyke
19-05-2020, 09:34 PM
Can anyone point to anything JC has done in the last 3 years which would improve my faith

Unfortunately that's as good as it gets I'm afraid but at least it's a link .[/QUOTE]

That puts him on a par with probably over 1000 fans who do likewise
Difference being they pay to watch the Reds
Mind you he could reach out seeing as he's not got a lot to do at the moment to our over 70's [as referred to by SB]
But we shall see

Jules88
19-05-2020, 11:54 PM
The glimmer of light Jules is that James Cryne still holds a 20% stake and is a big fan of the club .

If James has the financial means and will it maybe possible that he could purchase from the existing owners an extra 31% giving him 51% .

It would then be a case of attracting other investors to purchase the remaining 49% .

No easy task but not impossible either .

Do we think he has Grown the “Will” He wasn’t up for it before? I would hope he has, but I think that Messrs Conway, Lee and her will want a lot more than James will be prepared to gamble on his own skill to run this club. I hope I’m wrong, yet I can’t see it.

Jules88
19-05-2020, 11:55 PM
I don't think they paid £20m Pass although that's the number that was rumoured at the time .

It appears from what I've read on bbs and again its open to debate the figure was probably half that .

Probably borrowed from a company they own too ( allegedly)

bill46
20-05-2020, 11:50 AM
Probably borrowed from a company they own too ( allegedly)

So if they borrowed money from a company they own its there money or have I missed summet.

DOOALI
20-05-2020, 12:20 PM

Unfortunately that's as good as it gets I'm afraid but at least it's a link .

That puts him on a par with probably over 1000 fans who do likewise
Difference being they pay to watch the Reds
Mind you he could reach out seeing as he's not got a lot to do at the moment to our over 70's [as referred to by SB]
But we shall see[/QUOTE]

Every H and A game? well he hasn't anything else to do

Exiletyke
20-05-2020, 12:32 PM
So if they borrowed money from a company they own its there money or have I missed summet.

You see bill if you borrow money from "yourself" you can set the terms & conditions & vary them seeing as you are in control of both ends

Jules88
20-05-2020, 12:44 PM
You see bill if you borrow money from "yourself" you can set the terms & conditions & vary them seeing as you are in control of both ends

And you can set the interest and default payments too.

bill46
20-05-2020, 02:17 PM
The problem is some think that media Pacific are a 2 man team and getting by through live by ducking and diving.From what I read the group that they are part of is a very wealthy media,sporting,and leisure company.
I'm not too bothered about the fact they own a few other football clubs.If it was up to me I would say one owner one club but until the laws are changed they aren't doing owt wrong.Lots of English football club owners own more than one club.
I think the suspicion comes from why did they buy Barnsley?.Again you could ask any of the foreign and indeed English owners the same question.I'm still of the firm believe that the only way they can make us a viable club both on and off the pitch is by getting success.
I would say there purchase of Nice was a success story.The only people who compl;ained about there motives were some supporters groups who like some here were sceptical of there motives without ever finding any wrong doings.The fact they bought a club for 30m and sold it for 90m is a success story for the company they own.I know they said they were there for the long term but lets be fair they'd have been stupid and incompetent to turn that kind of profit down.If I were a Nice fan I'd be more concerned as to why Mr Raddcliffe as spent so much taking over because theres no way his company will triple there investment in under 3 years.

Jules88
20-05-2020, 05:44 PM
Wow. Nice one Bill..... ( see what I did there)..... They bought a club. Ruined it. And still made £30m
I can see that happening here....NOT!

I give up now if I were you !

bill46
20-05-2020, 06:15 PM
Wow. Nice one Bill..... ( see what I did there)..... They bought a club. Ruined it. And still made £30m
I can see that happening here....NOT!

I give up now if I were you !

How did they ruin Nice? Serious question.If Nice was ruined why did Radcliffe pay 90m for it.
No disrespect but why should I give up now.I haven't told any lies just my opinion on how I see things.I thought boards like thi s were to give opinions and balanced views not just follow like sheep who have a dig at the board without substance.I give my opinion and try and back my views up,if that's so wrong the boards in danger of drying up.

animallittle3
20-05-2020, 07:13 PM
The problem is some think that media Pacific are a 2 man team and getting by through live by ducking and diving.From what I read the group that they are part of is a very wealthy media,sporting,and leisure company.
I'm not too bothered about the fact they own a few other football clubs.If it was up to me I would say one owner one club but until the laws are changed they aren't doing owt wrong.Lots of English football club owners own more than one club.
I think the suspicion comes from why did they buy Barnsley?.Again you could ask any of the foreign and indeed English owners the same question.I'm still of the firm believe that the only way they can make us a viable club both on and off the pitch is by getting success.
I would say there purchase of Nice was a success story.The only people who compl;ained about there motives were some supporters groups who like some here were sceptical of there motives without ever finding any wrong doings.The fact they bought a club for 30m and sold it for 90m is a success story for the company they own.I know they said they were there for the long term but lets be fair they'd have been stupid and incompetent to turn that kind of profit down.If I were a Nice fan I'd be more concerned as to why Mr Raddcliffe as spent so much taking over because theres no way his company will triple there investment in under 3 years.

Wow , making a colossal profit and selling your best players so the team slips from the champions league to mid table is the new success .

Who knew !!!

bill46
21-05-2020, 10:23 AM
Nice are in the same position now under Radcliffe as they were under Media Pacific.I don't remember NIce being in the Champions league prior to there involvement .I don't know all there transfer dealings I know they got rid of Ballotelli who evidently was on about 150k a week.You can't run a club with sustainability paying those kind of wages on the crowds Nice get.
Our owners have made mistakes that's a fact and I'm quite sure if we were mid table these kind of conversations wouldn't even be taking place.What I do know is when PC was selling the club I can't recall a queue of English owners wanting to take over with all the pit falls running a football club can bring.PC said these were the people who shared his ethics on running a club and to be fair to them they told people from day one they would carry on in the same way as PC helping the club sustainable and not getting into debt but slowing tr
y and bring success.
Just think we could have had somebody like our mates at S6.Mr Chansari has run the club into debts they can't service,he's cheated the EFL with his underhand dealings and on top of that he charges his own supporters over £600 for the pleasure of his company.
In a nutshell are our owners perfect the answer is no but we could have been a lot worse off than some other clubs.
As the old saying goes Be Careful What you Wish For.

Ponte_Steve24
21-05-2020, 12:01 PM
Nice are in the same position now under Radcliffe as they were under Media Pacific.I don't remember NIce being in the Champions league prior to there involvement .I don't know all there transfer dealings I know they got rid of Ballotelli who evidently was on about 150k a week.You can't run a club with sustainability paying those kind of wages on the crowds Nice get.
Our owners have made mistakes that's a fact and I'm quite sure if we were mid table these kind of conversations wouldn't even be taking place.What I do know is when PC was selling the club I can't recall a queue of English owners wanting to take over with all the pit falls running a football club can bring.PC said these were the people who shared his ethics on running a club and to be fair to them they told people from day one they would carry on in the same way as PC helping the club sustainable and not getting into debt but slowing tr
y and bring success.
Just think we could have had somebody like our mates at S6.Mr Chansari has run the club into debts they can't service,he's cheated the EFL with his underhand dealings and on top of that he charges his own supporters over £600 for the pleasure of his company.
In a nutshell are our owners perfect the answer is no but we could have been a lot worse off than some other clubs.

I agree. I think they're running the club as badly as Cryne did before them. In fact I can't tell the difference it's utterly butterly.

pass_and_move
21-05-2020, 12:12 PM
y and bring success.

I'd say most supporters are more than content for the club to be run debt free. I've absolutely no qualms with that myself, it'd be foolish to think otherwise. The issue for me is selling the spine of our team last summer and replacing them with a flurry of signings who aren't going to match up to championship football overnight. It's clearly not the way forward and has all but relegated us twice now from this division.

Rather than steady progress on the pitch, the emphasis is clearly on hoping to unearth a gem worth a few million rather than what was for the better of the team in their bid for survival. Add to that the refusal to bring in any Championship experience and we are proper in the deep stuff.

The board are clever business people who will be desperate not to run at a loss. In that respect we are in pretty safe hands financially I would say. Unfortunately, in terms of establishing ourselves in the Championship, it will continue to prove elusive whilever they adopt the approach of selling all our key players.

Ponte_Steve24
21-05-2020, 12:29 PM
I'd say most supporters are more than content for the club to be run debt free. I've absolutely no qualms with that myself, it'd be foolish to think otherwise. The issue for me is selling the spine of our team last summer and replacing them with a flurry of signings who aren't going to match up to championship football overnight. It's clearly not the way forward and has all but relegated us twice now from this division.

Rather than steady progress on the pitch, the emphasis is clearly on hoping to unearth a gem worth a few million rather than what was for the better of the team in their bid for survival. Add to that the refusal to bring in any Championship experience and we are proper in the deep stuff.

The board are clever business people who will be desperate not to run at a loss. In that respect we are in pretty safe hands financially I would say. Unfortunately, in terms of establishing ourselves in the Championship, it will continue to prove elusive whilever they adopt the approach of selling all our key players.

I just think the goal should be the Premier League. Until the club is taken over by somebody willing to pump some money in it will remain a festering turd.

pass_and_move
21-05-2020, 01:35 PM
I just think the goal should be the Premier League. Until the club is taken over by somebody willing to pump some money in it will remain a festering turd.

I've nothing against setting your sights high but you've got to respect the fact that we've spent only 1 season in the top flight in our entire history. Pumping money in certainly isn't a sure fire way to success. Many have tried and failed miserably. Sustainable Championship football has to be our aim over the next few seasons and try and build from that.

DOOALI
21-05-2020, 07:35 PM
I've nothing against setting your sights high but you've got to respect the fact that we've spent only 1 season in the top flight in our entire history. Pumping money in certainly isn't a sure fire way to success. Many have tried and failed miserably. Sustainable Championship football has to be our aim over the next few seasons and try and build from that.
I totally agree pass but it's never going to happen with these Rsoles who are non ambitious football wise
and I still can't grasp why they're here

KINDERSCOUT
22-05-2020, 02:46 PM
Wow , making a colossal profit and selling your best players so the team slips from the champions league to mid table is the new success .

Who knew !!!
I think supporters and owners have a different view of what success means. We supporters want to see a winning team playing attractive football. Owners are running a business and the aim of the exercise is to make a profit not subsidise an unprofitable organisation.

Jules88
22-05-2020, 11:09 PM

Yes, as an example, My neighbours at the John Smiths are wishing they’d never been promoted. They know what’s coming. Tasted success recently and what’s coming now, especially with situation as it is, won’t be a big enough draw to sustain their club.
I agree it’s Better to be a strong middle feeding fish, than an occasional top feeder whose shimmer in the sun makes you an easy target for the sharks!
If ONLY we had the ambition and backing behind the club to give us a chance to shimmer for a decent period!

pass_and_move
23-05-2020, 12:35 AM
Yes, as an example, My neighbours at the John Smiths are wishing they’d never been promoted. They know what’s coming. Tasted success recently and what’s coming now, especially with situation as it is, won’t be a big enough draw to sustain their club.
I agree it’s Better to be a strong middle feeding fish, than an occasional top feeder whose shimmer in the sun makes you an easy target for the sharks!
If ONLY we had the ambition and backing behind the club to give us a chance to shimmer for a decent period!

Wid ev a whale of a time! AGMC