PDA

View Full Version : O/T:- "My Lad"

navypie
24-05-2020, 04:18 PM
Nearly 15 years ago, "my lad " joined me on a Notts County journey and I thought it would be fun to include him when posting on here. On another thread , Elite decided to use "my lad" against me , something I did not appricaite at all. If we have a future, I won't be using "my lad" in any future posts. Thank you for listening.

Elite_Pie
24-05-2020, 05:12 PM
You decided to include him in posts on here, and I only included him in exactly the sense that you always have, that sense being a simple reference to "my lad and me". I couldn't agree more that your lad is the future of the club, and the fact that he is still fanatical after the heartache of recent seasons has my complete and utter respect. But before you get on your high horse, allow me to mention this. I organised a Grand National competition on here, which you happened to win. The prize was a free bet, but between us we decided instead to change it to a crowdfunding package that the club were offering where you get your name in the matchday programme and flashed up on the scoreboards. I thought it might be something your lad might enjoy, so I purchased it. You then decided in one of your hormonal tantrums that you didn't want the prize, because you don't like me.

As I have said before, if you want to put your lad above messageboard bickering the prize is still available for him. The rest is up to you.

sidders
24-05-2020, 06:31 PM
Please tell me how Elite 'used my lad against me' in a way you didn't appreciate then I can form my own judgement.

navypie
24-05-2020, 06:33 PM
I thought I'd get at least one reply.

maddogslater
24-05-2020, 06:38 PM
Reminds me how I miss old Vladimir.

navypie
24-05-2020, 06:40 PM
Reminds me how I miss old Vladimir.

Who?

sidders
24-05-2020, 06:48 PM
I thought I'd get at least one reply.

I'm still waiting.

Elite_Pie
24-05-2020, 07:10 PM
I'm still waiting.

I'll wait with you. While he's trying to explain how I used "his lad against him", he can also explain to everyone why he was happy to deny "his lad" a small treat simply because he dislikes me. This discussion doesn't even need to go to the handbags room, because the replies are all relating to the topic that he himself started. Seeing as he decided to start it, the least he can do is give a few answers.

upthemaggies
24-05-2020, 07:14 PM
I'll wait with you. While he's trying to explain how I used "his lad against him", he can also explain to everyone why he was happy to deny "his lad" a small treat simply because he dislikes me. This discussion doesn't even need to go to the handbags room, because the replies are all relating to the topic that he himself started. Seeing as he decided to start it, the least he can do is give a few answers.

He's probably just being over sensitive, let's not put him on trial over it.

Elite_Pie
24-05-2020, 07:34 PM
He's probably just being over sensitive, let's not put him on trial over it.

The reason he's on trial is that he decided to start the topic. Over to him.

upthemaggies
24-05-2020, 07:46 PM
The reason he's on trial is that he decided to start the topic. Over to him.

I'd imagine this is a particularly difficult time for him right now, his wife works in a hospital, right? I think we should cut him some slack.

Elite_Pie
24-05-2020, 07:56 PM
I'd imagine this is a particularly difficult time for him right now, his wife works in a hospital, right? I think we should cut him some slack.

I have two daughters who are working in hospitals. It's a difficult time for anyone with people close to them working in higher risk situations, but it still doesn't excuse starting pathetic topics on messageboards.

upthemaggies
24-05-2020, 08:08 PM
I have two daughters who are working in hospitals. It's a difficult time for anyone with people close to them working in higher risk situations, but it still doesn't excuse starting pathetic topics on messageboards.

Some will handle it better than others, I think you've called him out for posting under the influence a few times, maybe it's that. I don't drink, it doesn't bear thinking about how embarrassing my posts would become if I did, they're bad enough with me being sober.

Elite_Pie
24-05-2020, 08:14 PM
Some will handle it better than others, I think you've called him out for posting under the influence a few times, maybe it's that. I don't drink, it doesn't bear thinking about how embarrassing my posts would become if I did, they're bad enough with me being sober.

You could be right, he doesn't seem to hold his drink very well.

sidders
24-05-2020, 09:41 PM
I'm still waiting, Navel, and I'm prepared to be ultra sympatico

maddogslater
25-05-2020, 06:40 AM
Well that went well, navy posts hoping the righteous will rise up and finally destroy elite and navy Will finally have his revenge for some warped reason against elite. Time for reflection.

Woodypie
25-05-2020, 10:11 AM
Well that went well, navy posts hoping the righteous will rise up and finally destroy elite and navy Will finally have his revenge for some warped reason against elite. Time for reflection. The trouble is, sometimes people lose it for whatever reason and this made worse by a regular poster or two that indulge themselves with a forensic analysis of every post posted, just to make the original poster look stupid. Sometimes people post cr#p. It doesn't matter.

Observerpie
25-05-2020, 11:53 AM
The trouble is, sometimes people lose it for whatever reason and this made worse by a regular poster or two that indulge themselves with a forensic analysis of every post posted, just to make the original poster look stupid. Sometimes people post cr#p. It doesn't matter.

This.

i961pie
25-05-2020, 12:25 PM
The trouble is, sometimes people lose it for whatever reason and this made worse by a regular poster or two that indulge themselves with a forensic analysis of every post posted, just to make the original poster look stupid. Sometimes people post cr#p. It doesn't matter.

I wonder who you mean??

the_anticlough
25-05-2020, 12:29 PM

And sometimes a poster wants to call out the 'cr#p', also OK and doesn't matter, it's not 'trouble' as you say

Bartlett's Dust
25-05-2020, 01:16 PM
Nearly 15 years ago, "my lad " joined me on a Notts County journey and I thought it would be fun to include him when posting on here. On another thread , Elite decided to use "my lad" against me , something I did not appricaite at all. If we have a future, I won't be using "my lad" in any future posts. Thank you for listening.

Thanks for that update, this really makes a difference in my continued use of this forum. Much appricaited.

Elite_Pie
25-05-2020, 01:49 PM
I wonder who you mean??

Just a thought, but if he didn't keep starting these pointless topics mentioning me by name then I wouldn't have anything to respond to.

queenslandpie
26-05-2020, 02:08 AM
Just a thought, but if he didn't keep starting these pointless topics mentioning me by name then I wouldn't have anything to respond to.

Not that you probably care, but you would go up in the estimations of a lot of posters if you just didn't respond to the goading including me and in time it would also mean that the posts would probably not occur. Which benefits the whole board!

cher1
26-05-2020, 11:15 AM
Isn't it time this squabbling stopped? When you can't see the other person, it's much easier to take the argument further than anyone ever would in real life. There's a few posters on here who dislike me, some going back as far as the trust days; someone (no idea who as I really don't care) bought up me enjoying a goal at Torquay 10 years ago recently XD It really is of no consequence.

The sometimes heated debates on actual topics can be really interesting to get involved in if it's a subject that engages you. But sniping backwards and forwards for bloody ages is a bit dull isn't it. Elite, can be really funny, and Navy's posts can be interesting. Sometimes though it's like blokes endlessly taking their shirts off (why do men do that?) in preparation for a fight that never happens.

Old_pie
26-05-2020, 11:30 AM
Isn't it time this squabbling stopped? When you can't see the other person, it's much easier to take the argument further than anyone ever would in real life. There's a few posters on here who dislike me, some going back as far as the trust days; someone (no idea who as I really don't care) bought up me enjoying a goal at Torquay 10 years ago recently XD It really is of no consequence.

The sometimes heated debates on actual topics can be really interesting to get involved in if it's a subject that engages you. But sniping backwards and forwards for bloody ages is a bit dull isn't it. Elite, can be really funny, and Navy's posts can be interesting. Sometimes though it's like blokes endlessly taking their shirts off (why do men do that?) in preparation for a fight that never happens.

I thought we'd miss Tricky but some have more than adequately made up for his absence. :s

upthemaggies
26-05-2020, 11:36 AM
The OP was directed directly at Elite, so he was right to respond. Navy didn't come back at him with anything much more than a shrug of the shoulders, so it should have been left at that.

Elite_Pie
26-05-2020, 11:39 AM

I get that navypie strongly dislikes me, what I don't get is why he is so desperate to get everyone else to dislike me as well. I'm sure everyone is perfectly capable of making their own mind up. In recent weeks he has started topics saying "Elite doesn't care about poor Cubans", "Elite exploits young girls", and now "Elite used my lad against me". Is there anyone who actually cares about topics like these or finds them interesting?
I would be very surprised if there is.

upthemaggies
26-05-2020, 11:45 AM
I get that navypie strongly dislikes me, what I don't get is why he is so desperate to get everyone else to dislike me as well. I'm sure everyone is perfectly capable of making their own mind up. In recent weeks he has started topics saying "Elite doesn't care about poor Cubans", "Elite exploits young girls", and now "Elite used my lad against me". Is there anyone who actually cares about topics like these or finds them interesting?

He's out of order, but I get the impression that he is struggling - which isn't an excuse - I'd just say it's probably not the best of course of action to goad him in return. Your first reply was very reasonable, he's effectively backed down, so I don't see the point of carrying it on.

cher1
26-05-2020, 12:05 PM

I doubt anyone find them remotely interesting. Wasn't aware of the multiple threads - maybe they could be locked or removed¿ If perhaps we could all ignore them (guess I'm just as bad for keeping this one going by responding, thinking about it!) maybe it'll settle. There's are way too many squabbles on here. And a few who like to poke the ants nest to see what happens.

TheBlackHorse
26-05-2020, 12:26 PM
... " never wrestle with a pig. You both get dirty and the pig likes it" GBS

Old_pie
26-05-2020, 02:11 PM
I doubt anyone find them remotely interesting. Wasn't aware of the multiple threads - maybe they could be locked or removed¿ If perhaps we could all ignore them (guess I'm just as bad for keeping this one going by responding, thinking about it!) maybe it'll settle. There's are way too many squabbles on here. And a few who like to poke the ants nest to see what happens.

Swale setup a "handbag" thread not long ago. I'm tempted to volunteer to move any (ir)relevant posts to it and take them out of general threads, but when it is a 1 to 1 issue I don't see why PMs can't be used.

Though of course this thread is easy to ignore from its title.

Right or wrong Elite always seems to be involved in these squabbles - a common denominator of some sort.

Elite_Pie
26-05-2020, 02:23 PM
Swale setup a "handbag" thread not long ago. I'm tempted to volunteer to move any (ir)relevant posts to it and take them out of general threads, but when it is a 1 to 1 issue I don't see why PMs can't be used.

Though of course this thread is easy to ignore from its title.

Right or wrong Elite always seems to be involved in these squabbles - a common denominator of some sort.

Are you trying to start an argument?

cher1
26-05-2020, 02:46 PM
Are you trying to start an argument?

XD

That thread has got to be renamed man bags surely...