PDA

View Full Version : Video Message to Notts fans from Neil Warnock...

SwalePie
24-05-2020, 06:15 PM
From the club's Facebook page...

https://www.facebook.com/nottscountyfootballclub/videos/171657847594764/

upthemaggies
24-05-2020, 06:23 PM

https://www.facebook.com/nottscountyfootballclub/videos/171657847594764/

Filling up now, that was lovely.

Thank you Neil for everything.

jackal2
24-05-2020, 06:41 PM
Great man. Great football manager. Memories that last a lifetime.

60YearsAPie
24-05-2020, 07:18 PM
Those two play-off finals are high on my list of memorable moments as a Notts supporter. I never thought I'd see Notts at Wembley in my lifetime, so that first visit in particular was surreal.

Neil Warnock's a bit like marmite. You love him or hate him. I love marmite and I've always had time for Neil. He turned down the Chelsea job and then got the sack at Notts, I seem to remember.

upthemaggies
24-05-2020, 07:55 PM
Those two play-off finals are high on my list of memorable moments as a Notts supporter. I never thought I'd see Notts at Wembley in my lifetime, so that first visit in particular was surreal.

Neil Warnock's a bit like marmite. You love him or hate him. I love marmite and I've always had time for Neil. He turned down the Chelsea job and then got the sack at Notts, I seem to remember.

He did, yes, but Chelsea with Ken Bates? No guarantee that combination wouldn't have damaged Neil's career more than it did being sacked by Notts. It worked out pretty well for him in the end. Not so for us, but as he says, we have the memories.

A real shame the relationship ended as it did, I think both he and Notts were a victim of our own success, we got promoted to the top flight too quickly. It's very hard for a club our size to pick themselves up again after climbing over the metaphorical school yard wall to play on the full sized senior school pitch, only to get pushed to the floor and kicked into touch by the big kids. We needed another season or two in the 2nd tier to grow up a bit, to be ready for that.

magpie_mania
24-05-2020, 09:01 PM
I've always wondered if we would have survived if we had kept Paul Rideout.

I really like Neil Warnock. Top manager imo.

irish_pie
24-05-2020, 09:02 PM
How nice was that... a brilliant lower league manager who deserves all the plaudits he has ever been given, the way he speaks about Notts is heartwarming... will go down as one of our best ever managers... thank you for everything you did for this great club Mr Warnock.

BigFatPie
24-05-2020, 09:05 PM
I've always wondered if we would have survived if we had kept Paul Rideout.

I really like Neil Warnock. Top manager imo.

We would have done. Great message from Warnock, and great times.

legs77
24-05-2020, 09:17 PM
Don’t use this word lightly but he is a legend of Notts County he isn’t marmite to me like him and always will do.

Notts78
24-05-2020, 09:24 PM
How nice was that... a brilliant lower league manager who deserves all the plaudits he has ever been given, the way he speaks about Notts is heartwarming... will go down as one of our best ever managers... thank you for everything you did for this great club Mr Warnock.

He’s better than a brilliant lower league manager. He took several teams in to the top flight which is the only Division he seems to have struggled in during what has been a very good career. It’s hardly surprising that the top flight has always seemed a step too far given the clubs he managed in that League.

crazyfists
24-05-2020, 09:42 PM
Notts legend, my time watching his team as a lad was the best time as a Notts fan. I've been waiting for us to get back to that level ever since ha ha.

Woodypie
24-05-2020, 11:13 PM

https://www.facebook.com/nottscountyfootballclub/videos/171657847594764/ If I do ever get another dog , I'm going to call it Neil. Unless it's a girl. The best time in my football supporting life was the Warnock years. And that includes seeing my home town reds winning the European Cup for the first time in Rome, aged 17!

ncfcog
25-05-2020, 07:03 AM
What a time to be a Notts fan. The 70’s, 80’s and early 90’s were pretty awesome for me personally as a Notts fan and NW’s rein as manager played a big part in that.

cher1
25-05-2020, 12:54 PM
Those days were just brilliant weren't they. That first Wembley play off final was the last match my Dad went to. It was bloody awful losing him so young, but remembering walking into Wembley Stadium together and then us winning made everything a bit more bearable.

Sorry, I didn't mean to go all soppy then, but football is very intertwined with our lives isn't it.

Mark_Ross
25-05-2020, 09:23 PM
Those days were just brilliant weren't they. That first Wembley play off final was the last match my Dad went to. It was bloody awful losing him so young, but remembering walking into Wembley Stadium together and then us winning made everything a bit more bearable.

Sorry, I didn't mean to go all soppy then, but football is very intertwined with our lives isn't it.

Top Man!

If playoffs go ahead & when (if) we make the final it'd be great to have NW as GoH.