PDA

View Full Version : potential outcome

renno
10-06-2020, 08:30 AM
After the announcement about the EFL curtailing League 1, is this a dangerous precedent?

The 'overwhelming majority' then followed by (more than 51%!- which if it was 51/49 or 52/48 is hardly an 'overwhelming majority'). So we decided to leave the EU by an 'overwhelming majority'

What I am finding is that I am very Underwhelmed by the EFL and borderline disillusioned by the decision makers at the EFL.

Now that clubs in the Championship know what the stance is from the EFL, that promotion / relegation will stand should the championship season not be able to conclude, what are the odds that some of the sides with absolutely jeff all to play for or those under the threat of relegation, now have a few positive covid cases which means they are unable to fulfil their fixtures? The end product being safety. I'm not for one minute saying we will stop up or be wronged, but Charlton could be on the wrong end of it, yet they have only been in the relegation zone for 20 minutes!

I have already emailed the EFL to take action against FFP rule breakers by simply demoting the teams, as we are now seeing who is swimming naked now the tide has gone out-and who are to blame? Simply put, the EFL for soft touch regulation.

DOOALI
10-06-2020, 09:33 AM
After the announcement about the EFL curtailing League 1, is this a dangerous precedent?

The 'overwhelming majority' then followed by (more than 51%!- which if it was 51/49 or 52/48 is hardly an 'overwhelming majority'). So we decided to leave the EU by an 'overwhelming majority'

What I am finding is that I am very Underwhelmed by the EFL and borderline disillusioned by the decision makers at the EFL.

Now that clubs in the Championship know what the stance is from the EFL, that promotion / relegation will stand should the championship season not be able to conclude, what are the odds that some of the sides with absolutely jeff all to play for or those under the threat of relegation, now have a few positive covid cases which means they are unable to fulfil their fixtures? The end product being safety. I'm not for one minute saying we will stop up or be wronged, but Charlton could be on the wrong end of it, yet they have only been in the relegation zone for 20 minutes!

I have already emailed the EFL to take action against FFP rule breakers by simply demoting the teams, as we are now seeing who is swimming naked now the tide has gone out-and who are to blame? Simply put, the EFL for soft touch regulation.
Exactly rennò how this has been handled by non footballing buffoons sums up why a lot of people and myself included have no faith with these highly paid faulty tossers, it's made a lot of people loose interest in football because of how money has completely destroyed the game and these suit wearing Rsoles are happy with it

animallittle3
10-06-2020, 09:53 AM

To be honest renno and no disrespect to you but I've gone past caring .

The game in this country is eating its self alive with fans left open mouthed and bewildered with its governing bodies , tv companies and I dare say the players themselves to a certain extent .

My personal view is they are about to receive the biggest wake up call they've had in modern times .

I'm not convinced fans have missed football quite as much as the hierarchy think they have and in any case when football returns to the screens they haven't a product either .

The lack of fans in the stadium reduces the game right down to grass roots level as a spectacle or a training session .

Quite how many are going to be tuning in for Brighton v Burnley or Watford v Southampton is anyone's guess .

Other than playing because they haven't the balls to end the season as it stands there seems little point .

With the mother of all recessions about to hit with fans in many cases struggling to survive , the corporate side of the game reducing costs which will be reflected in sponsorship and advertising something is going to give .

The kind of domino effect you saw in 2008 when the financial industry collapsed I suspect .

The football industry itself is now corrupted with owners who will run for the hills when reality strikes and the money is no longer there .

Why are they involved anyway ?

Football hasn't a product , money won't be there , fans have bigger issues to contend with .

Joining the dots isn't that difficult .

animallittle3
10-06-2020, 10:08 AM
If you look at our position and accept at least financially it's a stable club you can see that with relegation looming and a massive hit on tv revenue alone it's significant .

Now factor in the loss of match day revenue , advertising and sponsorship and the likely affects of a collapse in the transfer market .

Just how good does our position look as a financially stable club now with what's coming down the road ?

https://financialfootballnews.com/category/barnsley/

Jules88
10-06-2020, 10:28 AM
Interesting that the interest charges raised by 54% in 2018?

Ponte_Steve24
10-06-2020, 10:28 AM
Alex Mowatt coming round cleaning your windows.

animallittle3
10-06-2020, 12:32 PM
Alex Mowatt coming round cleaning your windows.

It's to be hoped he's quicker going around our estate than he is on a football pitch , two houses a day won't earn him much of a crust .

Wand of a left hand with a shammy leather mind ??? .

SBRed48
10-06-2020, 12:41 PM
Dog Lee will be singing (in the style of George Formby)--

"Mr Mo's a window cleaner now".