;)

Jeekay56
29-06-2020, 11:43 AM
;)

Don't tease us! Please provide a link.

SwalePie
29-06-2020, 11:47 AM
Don't tease us! Please provide a link.

Sorry, just getting fed up with having to trawl through endless political posts I don't particularly want to read. ;)

countygump
29-06-2020, 11:54 AM
I shall make an attempt to combine current affairs with NCFC.

frenchmagpie
29-06-2020, 11:57 AM
I keep getting tempted to jump in on the latest swivel-eyed lunacy posted on here but I'm really trying not to as it's depressing. I want football news and comments. The historical stuff and stats are great and even stuff about other clubs. I don't have a lot of knowledge about most of this but love reading it.
Even pics of old Nottingham fascinate me. I left in 1964 from the 'slums' of a terrace off Bunbury Street and love seeing where my family came from.
Oh well, not long now hopefully and we'll have real footie.

countygump
29-06-2020, 12:04 PM

https://www.nottinghampost.com/news/history/gallery/see-photos-long-lost-pubs-1809306

Elite_Pie
29-06-2020, 12:11 PM
Of the 20 most recent topics on the main page, 15 are about football, 4 are political and 1 is about handbags. So it seems the footy topics are there if people want to comment on them, but the political ones seem to get more posts.

LaxtonLad
29-06-2020, 12:23 PM
I shall make an attempt to combine current affairs with NCFC.

Is that your posing pouch, gumpy?

i961pie
29-06-2020, 12:30 PM
Of the 20 most recent topics on the main page, 15 are about football, 4 are political and 1 is about handbags. So it seems the footy topics are there if people want to comment on them, but the political ones seem to get more posts.

Usually with the same group of people going over the same old arguments.

frenchmagpie
29-06-2020, 12:32 PM

https://www.nottinghampost.com/news/history/gallery/see-photos-long-lost-pubs-1809306

Fantastic, thanks. I guess the Plumptre will be where my grandma used to fetch her jug of beer. When we went back to visit she saved thruppences in a box for us kids and I still have the little black and gold box with a lock on it and a few bronze 12-sided (?) coins.
My family were reds but I always argued that Meadow Lane was where we should be so adopted a contrary stance.

Glad2BeAPie
29-06-2020, 12:51 PM
I keep getting tempted to jump in on the latest swivel-eyed lunacy posted on here but I'm really trying not to as it's depressing. I want football news and comments. The historical stuff and stats are great and even stuff about other clubs. I don't have a lot of knowledge about most of this but love reading it.
Even pics of old Nottingham fascinate me. I left in 1964 from the 'slums' of a terrace off Bunbury Street and love seeing where my family came from.
Oh well, not long now hopefully and we'll have real footie.

Join this Facebook Group for Nottingham in the past photos, it's really a good source

https://www.facebook.com/groups/304093506435867/?ref=share

SwalePie
29-06-2020, 12:58 PM
Join this Facebook Group for Nottingham in the past photos, it's really a good source

Nottingham Way Back When is another https://www.facebook.com/groups/304093506435867/ (https://www.facebook.com/groups/304093506435867/)

navypie
29-06-2020, 01:06 PM
;)

Be careful what you wish for.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51828943

Glad2BeAPie
29-06-2020, 01:29 PM
Nottingham Way Back When is another https://www.facebook.com/groups/304093506435867/ (https://www.facebook.com/groups/304093506435867/)

Same one

upthemaggies
29-06-2020, 01:30 PM
Football, or is it?
Matt Le Tissier who works for SKy.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EboLBBpXQAIi0ko?format=jpg&name=medium

Glad2BeAPie
29-06-2020, 01:32 PM
Be careful what you wish for.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51828943

The Cowley Brothers are doing a great job,

ancientpie
29-06-2020, 01:37 PM
Sorry, just getting fed up with having to trawl through endless political posts I don't particularly want to read. ;)

Sooner you than me mate, as I have posted before this has now become a mainly political forum, most of the "football only" posters have been driven away and have been replaced by "politics/arguments only" posters, there remains a few that are into both subjects but they have now picked sides & react to who has posted rather than what has been posted even on footie threads, all very boring to those of us who bother still looking in.

ncfcog
29-06-2020, 01:42 PM
https://www.nottscountystats.com/forum/all-notts Feel free to contribute here . . . sick of talking to myself!

Elite_Pie
29-06-2020, 01:45 PM
Sooner you than me mate, as I have posted before this has now become a mainly political forum, most of the "football only" posters have been driven away and have been replaced by "politics/arguments only" posters, there remains a few that are into both subjects but they have now picked sides & react to who has posted rather than what has been posted even on footie threads, all very boring to those of us who bother still looking in.

I can't see what your problem is. Any non-footy topic is clearly marked as such so you never have to waste your time reading them. If those who only want to talk football talked a bit more often, political stuff would soon be pushed out of the way.

frenchmagpie
29-06-2020, 01:49 PM

Done. Thank you both. There will be a few quiet evenings in looking at that waiting for the playoffs. :)

BigFatPie
29-06-2020, 01:53 PM
Not for the first time I agree with Elite. There’s a lot of politics going on at the moment, and not much football, not football which is relevant to fans of a 5th tier club anyway. Links to libellous tweets should probably be kept to a minimum though.

If we’re looking for non political stuff, this guy tweets colorised and restored photos and videos from up to 170 years ago and it’s absolutely fascinating.

https://twitter.com/stuarthumphryes/status/1030236577891594241?s=21

upthemaggies
29-06-2020, 01:56 PM
I can't see what your problem is. Any non-footy topic is clearly marked as such so you never have to waste your time reading them. If those who only want to talk football talked a bit more often, political stuff would soon be pushed out of the way.

Sadly, politics and football are not separate issues at the moment, they're very much intertwined.

countygump
29-06-2020, 02:06 PM
Is that your posing pouch, gumpy?

Nah, nowhere near big enuff, Lax. Tis my new mask, which as a responsible citizen, Ize wear when I go out of the doors.

Braddpie
29-06-2020, 02:17 PM
Fantastic, thanks. I guess the Plumptre will be where my grandma used to fetch her jug of beer. When we went back to visit she saved thruppences in a box for us kids and I still have the little black and gold box with a lock on it and a few bronze 12-sided (?) coins.
My family were reds but I always argued that Meadow Lane was where we should be so adopted a contrary stance.

They are three penny pieces or we called them trepneebits

ancientpie
29-06-2020, 02:41 PM

You miss the point Eli, most of the posters who only want to talk football have been driven out, they have moved elsewhere or just stopped looking in, believe it or not there is a whole world out there & people do not have to put up with your childish spats. The problem is that these spats cross over into football threads & some posters are chased until the lose it or walk away just because they have different views, ask Tricky,Tarks,Vlad & many more (I suspect Navy will be next) I have honestly lost count of the number of posters that you & your gang have hounded off this site, some I liked, some i didn't but I'm sure it was a better forum with them, I do realise that I am wasting my time arguing with you, you are an expert who thrives on it & obviously gets his enjoyment from it, I'm not & I don't, I am beyond caring what happens on mad & hardly bother looking in nowadays but instead of blaming footie minded ex posters for the demise of this board you shoul try looking closer to home imo.

sidders
29-06-2020, 03:13 PM
How can we have a vigorous debate about football when the game is in the doldrums at the moment generally and at Notts' levell it's stagnant. We're not even sure that we have playoffs or what they will mean.
What's there to talk about in that?
As for the goodbye posters cited by Ancient, it's goodbye and good riddance to toxic posters like Vlad.
Occasionally, Swale also contributes to political points; I suspect that what actually p i s s e s him off is the backbiting and sheer nastiness rather than the debate.
Like Elite says, if you see OT and you are turned off by it, just don't go there.
I suspect that if 'the usual posters' who 'hounded' people off were to withdraw from Notts MAD for a few weeks, it would make no difference whatever to the football content. The problem is the current state of football. However, I'll play ball. July coming up - there won't be a single OT post from me now until August.

drillerpie
29-06-2020, 03:32 PM
Tricky,Tarks,Vlad

It strikes me as strange that you don't like political threads but miss three of the most active starters of/posters on political threads.

Anyway I'm happy to take a break from writing on the politics threads too.

i961pie
29-06-2020, 03:46 PM

Ditto

i961pie
29-06-2020, 03:49 PM
How can we have a vigorous debate about football when the game is in the doldrums at the moment generally and at Notts' levell it's stagnant. We're not even sure that we have playoffs or what they will mean.
What's there to talk about in that?
As for the goodbye posters cited by Ancient, it's goodbye and good riddance to toxic posters like Vlad.
Occasionally, Swale also contributes to political points; I suspect that what actually p i s s e s him off is the backbiting and sheer nastiness rather than the debate.
Like Elite says, if you see OT and you are turned off by it, just don't go there.
I suspect that if 'the usual posters' who 'hounded' people off were to withdraw from Notts MAD for a few weeks, it would make no difference whatever to the football content. The problem is the current state of football. However, I'll play ball. July coming up - there won't be a single OT post from me now until August.

Never stopped you putting on numerous political posts before the lockdown.

Elite_Pie
29-06-2020, 04:02 PM
You miss the point Eli, most of the posters who only want to talk football have been driven out, they have moved elsewhere or just stopped looking in, believe it or not there is a whole world out there & people do not have to put up with your childish spats. The problem is that these spats cross over into football threads & some posters are chased until the lose it or walk away just because they have different views, ask Tricky,Tarks,Vlad & many more (I suspect Navy will be next) I have honestly lost count of the number of posters that you & your gang have hounded off this site, some I liked, some i didn't but I'm sure it was a better forum with them, I do realise that I am wasting my time arguing with you, you are an expert who thrives on it & obviously gets his enjoyment from it, I'm not & I don't, I am beyond caring what happens on mad & hardly bother looking in nowadays but instead of blaming footie minded ex posters for the demise of this board you shoul try looking closer to home imo.

The so-called 'demise of this board' is only your opinion, my opinion is that considering the lack of games it's still surprisingly busy. I think the notion of "posters being hounded out by me and my gang" is beyond pathetic, you have obviously been listening to tarquin far too much. There is no gang (nobody would ever let me join theirs). How exactly do you "hound someone off of the board" anyway? It's an exchange of opinions on a two-bob footy messageboard ffs, not a matter of life and death. Tricky disappeared because he got caught out trying to get this site closed down, as far as I know tarquin has decided to take break because he gets too wound up about things, and Vlad was banned for breaking the rules. None of them were "hounded off" by me or anyone else. What navypie does is up to him, but whatever he decides I'm sure it won't be because of me. You must class him as a real wimp if you think a few words from me will upset him that much!

ps Of the 20 most recent topics, two of them were started by me. Both about football and Notts County.

i961pie
29-06-2020, 04:42 PM
[QUOTE=BigFatPie;39520518]Not for the first time I agree with Elite.

>;)>;)>;)

BigFatPie
29-06-2020, 05:15 PM
[QUOTE=BigFatPie;39520518]Not for the first time I agree with Elite.

>;)>;)>;)

I sometimes forget we’re the same person.

Elite_Pie
29-06-2020, 05:20 PM
Not for the first time I agree with Elite.

>;)>;)>;)

Is it really surprising that those with left of centre views tend to agree with each other on political topics and those with right of centre views tend to agree with each other on political topics? It's when people start talking about 'bullying gangs' that it all gets a bit silly.

SwalePie
29-06-2020, 05:55 PM
Same one

Ah sorry. I read your post wrongly.

SwalePie
29-06-2020, 05:59 PM
They are three penny pieces or we called them trepneebits

My first pocket money was a 'threckence' as I apparently mispronounced it :)

SwalePie
29-06-2020, 06:02 PM

Yep that's spot on.

BigFatPie
29-06-2020, 06:16 PM
Is it really surprising that those with left of centre views tend to agree with each other on political topics and those with right of centre views tend to agree with each other on political topics? It's when people start talking about 'bullying gangs' that it all gets a bit silly.

‘Left of centre’?? I was accused of being a Marxist yesterday!

Mind you, that’s a common accusation when all you want is a bit less inequality or racism.

Another one
29-06-2020, 06:39 PM
I blame Thatcher.