PDA

View Full Version : No restaurants left?

The Bedlington Terrier
03-07-2020, 06:54 AM
The Tories have managed to finally squeeze the life out of the UK restaurant industry.

Ye Gods what a phooking mess...

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2020/jul/02/bella-italia-owner-falls-into-administration-with-loss-of-1900-jobs?utm_term=RWRpdG9yaWFsX0d1YXJkaWFuVG9kYXlVS19X ZWVrZGF5cy0yMDA3MDM%3D&utm_source=esp&utm_medium=Email&CMP=GTUK_email&utm_campaign=GuardianTodayUK

army88
03-07-2020, 07:28 AM
The Tories have managed to finally squeeze the life out of the UK restaurant industry.

Ye Gods what a phooking mess...

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2020/jul/02/bella-italia-owner-falls-into-administration-with-loss-of-1900-jobs?utm_term=RWRpdG9yaWFsX0d1YXJkaWFuVG9kYXlVS19X ZWVrZGF5cy0yMDA3MDM%3D&utm_source=esp&utm_medium=Email&CMP=GTUK_email&utm_campaign=GuardianTodayUK

Thing is BT if you could pin Covid 19 on the Tories you would

Devil you do devil you don’t for Boris —— sadly he and the others were always on a hiding to nothing.

One thing I do know is if they opened all restaurants and it was different and there was a major spike in this disease the first people. To criticise would be labour.

There is no answer wrong or right for what’s gone on in my opinion

outwoodclaret
03-07-2020, 07:35 AM
China who are now an Imperialist power and engaged in territorial disputes in the South China Sea and on the Indian sub continent as well as imposing their will on Hong Kong may very well be looking at taking over our food industry and restaurants not to mention Burnley FC.

alfinyalcabo
03-07-2020, 08:08 AM
Sooner Wetherspoons is open the sooner the second wave will come..

sinkov
03-07-2020, 08:08 AM
It's not just the Tories, the SNP in Scotland are even more imbecilic, Nippy says she won't be allowing any restaurants in Scotland to open before July 15th. Boris is quite sane in comparison.

Balanbam00
03-07-2020, 08:11 AM
China who are now an Imperialist power and engaged in territorial disputes in the South China Sea and on the Indian sub continent as well as imposing their will on Hong Kong may very well be looking at taking over our food industry and restaurants not to mention Burnley FC.

That may not be all outwood ! Certainly they want 'EXPANSION'. What next Taiwan ?Then a disputed border(s) in the south? If they want to be the world's next BIG SUPER power, they can not have a disputed border ,or they take it, all of it what they claim as theirs,and install military installations etc ? ( just like they claimed all of the South China Sea ). But India will not let they simply just take it so expect the worst !! So why fret? Yes, just that in any conflict,people flee! Where could then the largest migration of people on earth go? Most of them would seek to go to the west! Because of the vastness of both countries ,this is not going to be a Six Day war!

The Bedlington Terrier
03-07-2020, 09:39 AM
Thing is BT if you could pin Covid 19 on the Tories you would

Devil you do devil you don’t for Boris —— sadly he and the others were always on a hiding to nothing.

One thing I do know is if they opened all restaurants and it was different and there was a major spike in this disease the first people. To criticise would be labour.

There is no answer wrong or right for what’s gone on in my opinion

Track and trace.
Stay home.
Stay alert.
Schools shut, schools open.
Local lockdown.
Quarantine YES/NO?
Flip - flop.
Nightingale hospitals.
Wishy washy rubbish.
Care home deaths.
Highest death toll in Europe etc. etc.
Mass protests allowed.
Mass gatherings allowed.
Asian communities allowed to breach the lockdown regulations.
Drive to Barnard Castle to test your eyesight.

It's a pathetic performance, it's so bad Starmer is overtaking Blow Job in the polls, opening us all to the risk of Blair Mk2...

sinkov
03-07-2020, 10:23 AM
"Drive to Barnard Castle to test your eyesight."

Shocking, scandalous, how many innocent people have died because of this reckless trip to Barnard Castle, how many children are now orphans, quite possibly this is why we have 50,000 plus dead and the economy total wreckage ? Why is this man not in prison ?

army88
03-07-2020, 11:53 AM
Track and trace.
Stay home.
Stay alert.
Schools shut, schools open.
Local lockdown.
Quarantine YES/NO?
Flip - flop.
Nightingale hospitals.
Wishy washy rubbish.
Care home deaths.
Highest death toll in Europe etc. etc.
Mass protests allowed.
Mass gatherings allowed.
Asian communities allowed to breach the lockdown regulations.
Drive to Barnard Castle to test your eyesight.

It's a pathetic performance, it's so bad Starmer is overtaking Blow Job in the polls, opening us all to the risk of Blair Mk2...

I didn’t say it was all right Bt or all good what I said was that whoever was in charge it would have been as bad , learning on the job basically.

army88
03-07-2020, 11:57 AM
Come on BT you were all for the BLM protests being allowed when I said they were selfish people to which you replied well if Cummings can do it,

The point is he didn’t do it - he didn’t organise rally’s and mix with thousands of people nor did loot shop
Beat the police , de- face memorials .

Can’t make my mind up if you just like the banter or if you forget what you said initially.

The Bedlington Terrier
03-07-2020, 04:12 PM
"Drive to Barnard Castle to test your eyesight."

Shocking, scandalous, how many innocent people have died because of this reckless trip to Barnard Castle, how many children are now orphans, quite possibly this is why we have 50,000 plus dead and the economy total wreckage ? Why is this man not in prison ?

No idea sinkov. Email Boris?

The Bedlington Terrier
03-07-2020, 04:14 PM
Come on BT you were all for the BLM protests being allowed when I said they were selfish people to which you replied well if Cummings can do it,

The point is he didn’t do it - he didn’t organise rally’s and mix with thousands of people nor did loot shop
Beat the police , de- face memorials .

Can’t make my mind up if you just like the banter or if you forget what you said initially.

Winding people up is my raison d'être - ask sinkov? >;)

sinkov
03-07-2020, 09:07 PM

You're right on both counts army, BT loves his banter, and the old duffer has usually forgotten what he's said within five minutes of posting it. >;)

sinkov
03-07-2020, 09:12 PM
No idea sinkov. Email Boris?

I already have BT, I've proposed a knighthood for services to winding up the loony left. And now he's got rid of Sedwell and the Lobby briefings will be televised from 9 Downing Street. That should have more than a few of the lefty press pack squealing, he's the gift that keeps on giving. B)

The Bedlington Terrier
04-07-2020, 09:34 AM
The Lobby Briefings really are better comedy than watching Hancock's Half Hour and when Hancock actually puts in a guest appearance it's better than Peter Kay Live!

The two sidekicks are worth the entrance money alone. Dumber and dumber does not quite cover it! :D

sinkov
04-07-2020, 09:51 AM
The Lobby Briefings really are better comedy than watching Hancock's Half Hour and when Hancock actually puts in a guest appearance it's better than Peter Kay Live!

The two sidekicks are worth the entrance money alone. Dumber and dumber does not quite cover it! :D

Amazingly BT, I'm reading that they think these briefings have been a success. If they think that success is giving your enemies in the lefty media 20 minutes a day to try to show you up and pour scorn and ridicule on your every idea, while Hancock and his hapless colleagues stand there grinning and responding politely to all the **** thrown at them, then god help the Tory party. I detest the woman, but Nippy up in Scotland wouldn't, didn't, and won't stand for such nonsense from the media, she's a far more astute politician than anyone the Tories possess.

The Bedlington Terrier
04-07-2020, 02:55 PM
Been up to Garstang to see a customer this morning, on the return journey i listened to a publican in Hinkley. He knows a lot of this morning's customers in the pub are born and bred Leicester folk and live on the "wrong side" of the lockdown.

He told the journo his job is to sell ale, not police a phooking lockdown!

I expect his pub to be shut by teatime. :blue:

sinkov
04-07-2020, 04:52 PM
I was reading the Official Report on the Leicester lockdown BT, I can't be arsed to find a link but it's out there if anyone's interested. At the end there are 3 conclusions, the 2nd one is that the 'outbreak' might be due to the extra testing they've been doing, the 3rd begins, 'If there is an outbreak......'

'If' says it all, nevertheless into lockdown they go.