PDA

View Full Version : Are these last 3 games really beyond us?

pass_and_move
14-07-2020, 05:58 PM
Against the top sides we've played well on the whole. We've done the double over Fulham, drew twice with WBA and were the better side in both games imo. We were unlucky against Leeds at Oakwell and the same deal at the City ground going down 0-1 against Forest. Brentford ripped us a new one at Oakwell to be fair and are a top footballing side.

However, the way I see it is this- Should Forest win tonight then they're in the play offs guaranteed and may well rest aif their team for the remaining two games. Automatic promotion may be beyond Brentford come the final day and I'm sure that they'll be resting players if that is the case. Leeds away on Thursday is of course a different proposition. Probably as tough a fixture as they come. However, the pressure is all on them, there's no crowd present and we gave them a game in the reverse fixture. Also bear in mind that Luton went there a couple of weeks ago and got a point.

Maybe I'm reaching for shyte but certain styles of teams seem to suit us. Being a betting man I won't be rushing to the bookies to put money on us surviving but it's not totally out of the question...... is it?

animallittle3
14-07-2020, 06:13 PM
Against the top sides we've played well on the whole. We've done the double over Fulham, drew twice with WBA and were the better side in both games imo. We were unlucky against Leeds at Oakwell and the same deal at the City ground going down 0-1 against Forest. Brentford ripped us a new one at Oakwell to be fair and are a top footballing side.

However, the way I see it is this- Should Forest win tonight then they're in the play offs guaranteed and may well rest aif their team for the remaining two games. Automatic promotion may be beyond Brentford come the final day and I'm sure that they'll be resting players if that is the case. Leeds away on Thursday is of course a different proposition. Probably as tough a fixture as they come. However, the pressure is all on them, there's no crowd present and we gave them a game in the reverse fixture. Also bear in mind that Luton went there a couple of weeks ago and got a point.

Maybe I'm reaching for shyte but certain styles of teams seem to suit us. Being a betting man I won't be rushing to the bookies to put money on us surviving but it's not totally out of the question...... is it?

There's one thing that nobody's mentioned to my knowing and that it's Brentford's final ever game at Griffin Park and I'm sure they'll want to end that bit of history with a win .

Exiletyke
14-07-2020, 06:25 PM
There's one thing that nobody's mentioned to my knowing and that it's Brentford's final ever game at Griffin Park and I'm sure they'll want to end that bit of history with a win .

Or could we end their occupancy with a win?

DOOALI
14-07-2020, 07:44 PM
We shouldn't have been in this position in first place thanks gob shYte conway

pass_and_move
14-07-2020, 08:18 PM
We shouldn't have been in this position in first place thanks gob shYte conway

Tha reight Dools.

Romared
14-07-2020, 08:19 PM
Or could we end their occupancy with a win?
Yes

SBRed48
14-07-2020, 08:45 PM
Wi gooin darn.

perkytyke
14-07-2020, 08:55 PM
I personally think we are doomed however we do play better against the better sides!
Think about it this way, we can spoil Leeds promotion party, we can stop Florist from getting into the play off's and we can put a dampener on Brentford's last ever game at Griffin park!!!! We have something at stake in every game to motivate them and hopefully drag us out of the mire at the same time.

SBRed48
14-07-2020, 09:02 PM
It's the hope that is the killer.

pass_and_move
14-07-2020, 10:22 PM
It's the hope that is the killer.

While ever there's life there's hope. To quote the ending of the Shawshank Redemption "I hope I can make it across the border, I hope to see my friend and shake his hand, I hope the Pacific is as blue as in my dreams, I hope......"

animallittle3
14-07-2020, 10:48 PM
While ever there's life there's hope. To quote the ending of the Shawshank Redemption "I hope I can make it across the border, I hope to see my friend and shake his hand, I hope the Pacific is as blue as in my dreams, I hope......"

To be fair Red did do a 50 stretch Pass .

pass_and_move
15-07-2020, 02:54 AM

XD

Jules88
15-07-2020, 07:26 AM

Feels like a fifty stretch this season , doesnt it,

SBRed48
15-07-2020, 07:42 AM
In the old films when the army troop was in trouble sumdi like John Wayne would mekka quiet but rousing and emotional speech with men sat round hanging on his every word. The men would slowly stand one by one and determinedly say, "Ya know what, he's right" and they would go off and win the remaining battles with a rousing musical score in the background. Film goers weep with emotion as John stands on a hillock and says. "We did it guys".

Step forward Paul Conway.

TheRiddler
15-07-2020, 08:09 AM
Not a prayer of getting anything against Leeds.
Forest we have a decent chance of getting something, at times they look impressive, but other times they look woeful.
Brentford all depends on what the game means for them, only play offs? Chance of automatic?

animallittle3
15-07-2020, 08:23 AM
In the old films when the army troop was in trouble sumdi like John Wayne would mekka quiet but rousing and emotional speech with men sat round hanging on his every word. The men would slowly stand one by one and determinedly say, "Ya know what, he's right" and they would go off and win the remaining battles with a rousing musical score in the background. Film goers weep with emotion as John stands on a hillock and says. "We did it guys".

Step forward Paul Conway.

Med mi chuckle did that SB .

Romared
15-07-2020, 08:49 AM

Step forward Paul Conway. " still sheckkin the tree Hoss "