View Full Version : Is this Hodgson’s last season ?

malwayne
16-07-2020, 09:31 PM
Just watched the game from South East London and the body language coming from Roy said it all for me. He can feel a little hard done by with tonight’s home defeat, and it probably sums up the way it’s been going , both for him and his team. He probably felt his side were denied a penalty( I’ve seen them given) and you could tell by the exasperated look on his face, during the second half drinks interval , that he wasn’t exactly enamoured with the refereeing tonight. At one stage he seemed to be venting his frustration at the referee ,and the strain of everything appeared to be getting to him. I like Roy Hodgson, he’s well respected, has a lot of experience at all levels, one of the game’s gentlemen. This season it’s been a constant battle for his team to get the points on board especially of late. The Clarets didn’t help him either. I wouldn’t be surprised if he called it a day ., especially at the age of 71 I think. If that is the case, please don’t knock on the door of the Premier Leagues best Manager. He’s not going anywhere if we can help it.

sinkov
16-07-2020, 10:01 PM
You're right to be a bit worried Mal, Roy out, Sean in, Zaha out, McNeill in, is by no means impossible this summer. It all fits very nicely, too bloody nicely.

The Bedlington Terrier
17-07-2020, 08:32 AM
You're right to be a bit worried Mal, Roy out, Sean in, Zaha out, McNeill in, is by no means impossible this summer. It all fits very nicely, too bloody nicely.

My thoughts exactly gentlemen. And Parrish is no shrinking violet when it comes to getting done what needs to be done...

sinkov
17-07-2020, 08:55 AM
On the other hand, the Liverpool Echo (yes, I know>;)) is saying that Everton fancy their chances of taking McNeill off our hands this summer.

malwayne
17-07-2020, 10:14 AM
Why would he want to go there apart from the money. ? I don’t see their trophy cabinet filling up any time soon. He could do better than that. In any case , Ancellotti hasn’t exactly got off to a great start has he ? They are a club going nowhere.

The Bedlington Terrier
17-07-2020, 10:48 AM
Kettering to Burnley?

Kettering to Croydon?

Depends entirely on where SD wants to be.

barrie_burn
17-07-2020, 11:47 AM
Roy Hodgson is 73 next month and I agree he is looking fed up.

However,my big fear is Villa.Potentially big club who very much look like they are going down.Grealish will go for big money and a rebuilding job to do,that's a nice challenge for somebody.How far is Villa from Kettering?

sinkov
17-07-2020, 03:41 PM
However,my big fear is Villa.Potentially big club who very much look like they are going down.Grealish will go for big money and a rebuilding job to do,that's a nice challenge for somebody.How far is Villa from Kettering?

54.7 miles, 56 minutes by car.

Nice, even I could manage that.XD

Altobelli
17-07-2020, 08:40 PM
I Could be wrong but I thought I heard a commentator saying the other week that Roy Hodgson would be the Palarse manager for next season.

sinkov
17-07-2020, 09:04 PM
I Could be wrong but I thought I heard a commentator saying the other week that Roy Hodgson would be the Palarse manager for next season.

He's signed a one year contract extension, but the 'rumours' are he's thinking of packing it in. Don't do it Roy, take the money for another year.

outwoodclaret
20-07-2020, 10:53 PM
Seven straight defeats for Palace since the resumption failing to score in 6 of them. Only 30 goals scored all season- only Norwich have scored fewer- and a major rebuilding exercise necessary. I think the Palace chairman will be having a quiet word with Roy sooner rather than later that it is time for him to stand down. He looks exhausted and bereft of ideas. If Roy does not step aside he may well be pushed and Sean Dyche will very probably be their number one target to replace him.

alfinyalcabo
20-07-2020, 11:05 PM
Why would Sean want to go to Palarse.. .? It would be another club that just relys on survival,he's far better off staying at Burnley until a top 6 club comes for him.. Which thy won't do.

outwoodclaret
20-07-2020, 11:27 PM
Why would Sean want to go to Palarse.. .? It would be another club that just relys on survival,he's far better off staying at Burnley until a top 6 club comes for him.. Which thy won't do.

Palace are historically something of a Yo-Yo club but 7 straight PL seasons suggests a little more stability these days. If Villa go down and vacancies appear both there and at Selhurst why wouldn’t Sean be tempted by the Palace job? No worries about having to fight another promotion campaign and probably more serious money than he will get at Burnley.

The Bedlington Terrier
21-07-2020, 06:30 AM
He's signed a one year contract extension, but the 'rumours' are he's thinking of packing it in. Don't do it Roy, take the money for another year.

He's just lost seven on the bounce. It's over for Woy.

outwoodclaret
21-07-2020, 07:50 AM
He's just lost seven on the bounce. It's over for Woy.

A real gentleman but it is time now to bow out gracefully. Farewell Roy.

outwoodclaret
21-07-2020, 07:56 AM
How many of us on this board are the same age as Roy and thinking bugg*r this for a game of soldiers I fancy taking the wife on a world cruise.

The Bedlington Terrier
21-07-2020, 08:08 AM
Covid cruises are not for me outwood. I'll stick to my new regime; a couple of days work, a couple of days spent in the garden and another couple spoiling a walk on the golf course. :o

barrie_burn
21-07-2020, 11:27 AM
How many of us on this board are the same age as Roy and thinking bugg*r this for a game of soldiers I fancy taking the wife on a world cruise.

I'm just slightly older than Woy.Not sure about taking the wife on a world cruise though,I think you're getting carried away there,plenty of time for that when I'm old.

outwoodclaret
21-07-2020, 08:18 PM
I'm just slightly older than Woy.Not sure about taking the wife on a world cruise though,I think you're getting carried away there,plenty of time for that when I'm old.

Roy will be 73 in August. He must have made a pile of money in the game and speaks several languages fluently. You’d think he would be better off going on a world cruise and enjoying himself rather than spending another season of struggle in the Premier League.

barrie_burn
21-07-2020, 10:47 PM
Perhaps he gets seasick.