PDA

View Full Version : Playoffs

Orgoner
24-07-2020, 07:15 PM
Obviously we can watch (or not bother) without really caring, but how do we think the Playoff cookie will crumble?

All South Wales final?

All West Laandaan final?

A mixture?

Then, which team will blag its way in via the proverbial tradesman’s entrance?

Brentford would’ve been nailed-on a week or so ago.

Now? Could be Welsh?

Ozwhites
24-07-2020, 08:58 PM
Very intriguing one now Orgs. Brentford looked short odds to win through with the football they were playing. If it was the pressure that brought them undone at the final hurdles, then the mindset isn't going to be great for the playoffs! If they can sort their heads out, they would be too good. But as someone said previously, there are already enough London sides in the PL, so I'm hoping for one of the Welsh clubs. Cardiff were the ones to bring us undone, so I'll tip them! ;D

Silentman
24-07-2020, 09:17 PM
Will be interesting to see how Brentford hold up, coming so close and then falling at the final fence, against Swansea who must feel like competition winners - just pleased to be here.

Ozwhites
24-07-2020, 09:22 PM
Will be interesting to see how Brentford hold up, coming so close and then falling at the final fence, against Swansea who must feel like competition winners - just pleased to be here.

Yeah how good is it not having to give a s#it about for once? Bliss......:D

WTF11
24-07-2020, 09:40 PM
Yeah how good is it not having to give a s#it about for once? Bliss......:D

Indeed it is

Billyni
24-07-2020, 10:52 PM
Don’t want Brentford (Pontus)
Don’t want Fulham (mitro&hit)
Don’t want Cardiff (all of them cnuts)

Rev72
24-07-2020, 11:05 PM
Be interesting to see who bottles it >:)

Rev72
24-07-2020, 11:06 PM
By the way just spare a thought for the florists..that was one hell of a bottle job :)

WTF11
25-07-2020, 12:06 AM
By the way just spare a thought for the florists..that was one hell of a bottle job :)

Oh I'm so sorry for them....."snigger"

Orgoner
25-07-2020, 12:16 AM
Oh I'm so sorry for them....."snigger"

They could even have got in by losing a little less badly! Numpties.

cherrypie7
25-07-2020, 01:04 AM
Tough to predict. I am going to stick my neck out and say:
Cardiff over Fulham
Brentford over Swansea
Won't be surprised if I get this totally wrong.

Orgoner
25-07-2020, 01:08 AM
Tough to predict. I am going to stick my neck out and say:
Cardiff over Fulham
Brentford over Swansea
Won't be surprised if I get this totally wrong.

That's pretty much what I was thinking too, but anything can happen?

cherrypie7
25-07-2020, 01:36 AM
That's pretty much what I was thinking too, but anything can happen?
Yeah. Anything. 1 thing I have learned though, is that it's very hard for 1 team to beat another relatively equal team 3 or more times in a season. Like what happened to us and Derby last season. I looked but it didnt happen with these teams. So no help there.

WTF11
25-07-2020, 02:15 AM
Zzzzzzzzzzzz..........

norfolk white
25-07-2020, 07:26 AM
Swansea for me, can't think of a reason to hate them, although I'm sure some can, also the connection of Brian flynn and Alan Curtis is there, although that's a long while ago, Brentford (smarmy manager, pontus), Fulham (another smarmy manager, mitrovic), Cardiff (fa Cup defeat, vile crowd, never beat them, Neil Harris)....swansea (can't think of anything).

Jezleeds
25-07-2020, 08:21 AM

And Swansea next season would be 6 points guaranteed....

alfinyalcabo
25-07-2020, 08:50 AM
Cardiff v Swansea final with Swansea winning..

cherrypie7
25-07-2020, 09:45 AM
Yeah. Anything. 1 thing I have learned though, is that it's very hard for 1 team to beat another relatively equal team 3 or more times in a season. Like what happened to us and Derby last season. I looked but it didnt happen with these teams. So no help there.
Oops. Brentford Has beaten Swansea twice this season. So might be tough to beat them again. I'll just stick with the Bees over 2 legs. Possibly completely wrong.

spaldy
25-07-2020, 11:54 AM
Swansea please

They will also probably struggle more than the others to beat us in the prem . Chadwick and fulham will get the london ref advantage and Cardiff is kind of a bogie team for us . If Fulham got a real coach they could be a handful.

Swansea would be an up and back down team

Rev72
25-07-2020, 11:56 AM
Looking at it from a 'Champions' point of view :) I also would prefer the Swans to go up.

pete1967b
25-07-2020, 12:23 PM

This suits me also...

george_kaplan
25-07-2020, 03:21 PM
This suits me also...

Yeah me too. Swansea with the great John Charles connection.

Silentman
25-07-2020, 04:44 PM

I think we can use that to finally shed the "doing a Leeds" tag and replace it with "doing a Forest".

joellufcprice
25-07-2020, 05:14 PM
Swansea or Cardiff because they're both **** and its 6 points for us next season. Also find it bloody hilarious for Brentford to bottle it after all the crap they were talking about us. Wouldn't mind Watkins or Benrahama as well so them not going up would boost our chances of getting them if Bielsa is even interested.

Fulham could go up, wouldn't care because Parker is a donkey of a manager anyway and they'd spend big on crap and go back down.

If I had to pick one would have to be Cardiff, they're woeful and between them and Swansea I can't stand their manager after he claimed his gameplan worked vs us in 1st game of season against them where we battered them for 90 minutes but couldnt score then they scored with their 1 effort on target. Clown.

cherrypie7
29-07-2020, 10:19 PM
Brentford go into playoff final.

Ozwhites
29-07-2020, 10:40 PM
After watching this 2nd leg this morning, I have probably found a reason to cheer against Brentford in the final. It's their smug egotistical manager! What a w#nker he is. Swansea player should have decked him when he dropped that ball behind him. And I wish someone could teach him how to chew gum with his mouth closed! :s

Rev72
30-07-2020, 10:27 AM
Watched the game last night and Brentford deserved the win but there was a few nasty moments from them.One that stood out was the most blatant stamp on Ayew's arm//wrist area.Not sure who it was but you could clearly tell it was meant,could have done Ayew some serious damage.IF the EFL have any b0ll0cks at all they should look at it and ban the Brentford player for the final!

As for their manager he reminds me a lot of Fat Lumplard..he's just got one of those faces you wanna slap!

Hope Fulham go up now.

norfolk white
30-07-2020, 04:48 PM
Looks like a Fulham v Brentford final, not sure who's got the smarmiest manager, think Frank just wins that one, if it wasn't for Parker or mitrovic I don't mind Fulham, so maybe I'll plump for them, as watkins is a diving cheat, pontus is....well pontus, and Frank is a t##t.

Ozwhites
30-07-2020, 08:47 PM
Cardiff really took it to them 2nd half. Really enjoyable to watch with good chances shared. What a nice feeling to be able to relax and let other clubs go through some tension! :)

cherrypie7
30-07-2020, 08:48 PM
Brentford Fulham final. I have to go with Brentford. Recovered some of their form.

Billyni
30-07-2020, 09:36 PM
Thank fk chipmunk head Harris ain’t gonna be in the prem anyway.
Looking for Fulham to win now with Parker sacked by Christmas and them relegated by Easter.

Oh, and 6pts for us in our quest for stability.

norfolk white
31-07-2020, 04:34 PM
Yeah, and then if Brentford fail we can buy benhrama