PDA

View Full Version : NCM Player of the season

Elite_Pie
03-08-2020, 07:23 PM
Now it's done and dusted, who do you think deserves the accolade of Notts County player of the season 2019/20? Unfortunately these polls are limited to ten options, so the list is based on the players who have spent most minutes on the pitch combined with those I think are most likely to get votes. Comments on who you pick and why are welcome, but not compulsory.

I can only add the candidates after posting the topic, so if nothing appears give it a few minutes because I type slowly!

jackal2
03-08-2020, 07:36 PM
Connell Rawlinson for me, for his consistency throughout the season. I get a similar feeling of assurance from Connell's defending that I used to get from "Steady Eddie" in his prime.

Freeman25
03-08-2020, 07:44 PM
Enzio, Rawlinson and Slocombe would all be solid choices imo, people moan about Enzio but he had double figures in goals and assists and scored some goals worthy of the entrance fee a few times. Rawlinson was solid at the back and played with his heart on his sleeve and Slocombe looked like the best keeper we've had since Bialkowski, he earned us a few points on his own with fantastic saves at important times in games and was unlucky to get injured when he did.

If Roberts had been here longer I'd imagine he would have walked it, hopefully he continues next season and he'll probably manage double figures in goals and assists too

the_anticlough
03-08-2020, 08:02 PM
Rawlinson

magpie_mania
03-08-2020, 08:10 PM
Rawlinson with Dennis a close second (based on the number of goals and assists for the minutes on the pitch).

Elite_Pie
03-08-2020, 08:16 PM
A quick reminder that you have to click one of the options at the top to register a vote.

It's just that with me included Rawlinson has been chosen four times, but only has two votes!"

Ben the Pie
03-08-2020, 09:11 PM
Rawlinson for me, the seasons success other than yesterday was built on the second best defence in the league, Rawlo was at the heart of that.

60YearsAPie
03-08-2020, 09:49 PM
Connell Rawlinson for me as well.

I'd have played Rawlinson and Kelly-Evans instead of Turner and Bagan yesterday.

optipez
03-08-2020, 11:12 PM
Wooton. Only player we haven't got cover for, led the line brilliantly for us in his first full season. Strong, decent touch, plenty of movement, good attitude and scores his share of goals.

ncfcog
04-08-2020, 05:58 AM
Was between Wootton and Rawlinson for me but Wootton just pipped it. Rawlinson came good at the end of the season but it took him a while to get there. Wootton has been our most consistent player all season.

TheBlackHorse
04-08-2020, 06:53 AM
... equal Wootton and Rawlinson

HAPPYMAGPIEHAPPY
04-08-2020, 07:45 AM
Was between Wootton and Rawlinson for me but Wootton just pipped it. Rawlinson came good at the end of the season but it took him a while to get there. Wootton has been our most consistent player all season.

Neither of them performed in the play offs though oggy !

irish_pie
04-08-2020, 10:53 AM
Rawlinson and Wootton were excellent this season but it's Lacey for me, outstanding defender and I'll be shocked if we have him for the new season

slack_pie
04-08-2020, 11:22 AM
Connell Rawlinson for me, for his consistency throughout the season. I get a similar feeling of assurance from Connell's defending that I used to get from "Steady Eddie" in his prime.

Plus, he's one of those that clearly cares. His passion alone makes him likeable. Great first season for the club. If we can get Lacey to sign a new contract, that's a great CB pairing for this level. And if Doyle goes, make Connell captain.

slack_pie
04-08-2020, 11:24 AM
Connell Rawlinson for me as well.

I'd have played Rawlinson and Kelly-Evans instead of Turner and Bagan yesterday.

Me too.

ncfcog
04-08-2020, 12:28 PM
Neither of them performed in the play offs though oggy !

Well one of them certainly didn't!

eastwoodmagpie
04-08-2020, 12:59 PM
Me too.

Rawlinson for me, should not have been dropped and replace by a slower player in Turner, Big mistake by Ardley who still had the option to bring him at half time when you could see that Turner was struggling and seemed unfit.

i961pie
04-08-2020, 02:14 PM
Rawlinson and Wootton were excellent this season but it's Lacey for me, outstanding defender and I'll be shocked if we have him for the new season

Ditto