PDA

View Full Version : No Tarko

sinkov
29-08-2020, 09:56 PM
Conor Coady added to the England squad, nothing against Coady, decent player, but you have to wonder what Tarko has done to upset Gareth, he's way down the pecking order now.

The Bedlington Terrier
30-08-2020, 04:39 AM
Southgate clearly does not rate Tarkowski. :(

sinkov
30-08-2020, 07:42 AM

Yet he's previously put him in the England team, Gareth has clearly seen a lot of Tarko and has seen something that's caused him to downgrade his previous high opinion of him. To me he seems just as good, or even better, than he was a couple of years ago, but Gareth has been seeing something he doesn't like, I just wonder what it is.

The Bedlington Terrier
30-08-2020, 07:49 AM
Yet he's previously put him in the England team, Gareth has clearly seen a lot of Tarko and has seen something that's caused him to downgrade his previous high opinion of him. To me he seems just as good, or even better, than he was a couple of years ago, but Gareth has been seeing something he doesn't like, I just wonder what it is.

The length of his todger?

sinkov
30-08-2020, 12:39 PM
The length of his todger?

Sometimes BT you can be a very silly boy, but putting your serious head on for a minute, you watch as much football as anyone, what is it you think Gareth doesn't like ? I can see it with Pope, I can see why Gareth might not want to play him, it's why I've said all summer he won't be going to Chelsea, but not Tarko, I really can't work out why he's fallen out with him.

The Bedlington Terrier
30-08-2020, 03:38 PM
Sometimes BT you can be a very silly boy, but putting your serious head on for a minute, you watch as much football as anyone, what is it you think Gareth doesn't like ? I can see it with Pope, I can see why Gareth might not want to play him, it's why I've said all summer he won't be going to Chelsea, but not Tarko, I really can't work out why he's fallen out with him.

I feel humiliated and needlessly reprimanded sinkov. :blue:

The stats clearly show Tarkowski is the best English born centre half from last season's showing. He has had a couple of international games and done better than OKAY, the week in week out media reports are usually rave reviews, he's won more Man of the Match awards than you can shake a stick at.

He's the first outfield player on SD's team sheet I reckon, he's injury free, does not accumulate a lot of needless yellow cards, he's always fully fit and from all accounts is a model professional football player.

Southgate has obviously seen Tarkowski in the shower and jealousy has undoubtedly got the better of old penalty miss. The length of Tarkowski's todger can be the only reason Southgate refuses to pick him and have the Oldham lad anywhere near his missus. "Very silly boy" my arse! XD

bfcjon
30-08-2020, 05:37 PM
To many silly yellow cards,..and He could/should have had reds.,...just my opinion

Deadlydave
30-08-2020, 05:46 PM
He plays for a "small" northern club!!! If he was sold to UTD he'd be in every squad in the future. Is that too cynical!?? I don't think so.

alfinyalcabo
30-08-2020, 06:12 PM
Southgate looks a bit like Freddie Mercury in his final days to me.. Time he retired..

army88
31-08-2020, 05:47 AM
I’ll bite sinkov
He’s the wrong colour

sinkov
31-08-2020, 07:39 AM
I’ll bite sinkov
He’s the wrong colour

To be honest army, I don't think that bothers Gareth at all. bfcjon comes up with an interesting one, too many cards, and he does rack up a lot of them. Does Gareth think he's at too much risk of getting sent off, who knows, I don't. On the cards though, he does play for the team that probably does more defending than any in the division, so has to make more tackles and blocks than say someone like Maguire would playing for United, so he is going to pick up more cards than most.

The Bedlington Terrier
31-08-2020, 08:17 AM
I’ll bite sinkov
He’s the wrong colour

Makes you wonder doesn't it?

sinkov
31-08-2020, 09:12 AM
I’ll bite sinkov
He’s the wrong colour

Sorry army, I'm half asleep this morning, that went right over my head, I wasn't fishing, honestly.

Supersub6
31-08-2020, 12:30 PM
To be honest army, I don't think that bothers Gareth at all. bfcjon comes up with an interesting one, too many cards, and he does rack up a lot of them. Does Gareth think he's at too much risk of getting sent off, who knows, I don't. On the cards though, he does play for the team that probably does more defending than any in the division, so has to make more tackles and blocks than say someone like Maguire would playing for United, so he is going to pick up more cards than most.

Tarks, since joining the Clarets has played in 123 PL games and has received 24 cautions. He has also been cautioned once in an FA Cup game.
Maguire in the same period has played 138 PL games and has received 24 cautions and 1 dismissal. He has also received further 5 cautions if FA and EFL cup games.

sinkov
31-08-2020, 11:39 PM
PL Yellow cards last season,

Tarkowski...10
Mings...7
Maguire...6
Coady...5
Keane...3

Claret_Matelot
01-09-2020, 12:25 PM

It's because his distribution of the ball is not good enough. Southgate is following the same model as most of the top clubs who play out from the back. This will also hurt Popes chances as a fair percentage of his clearances go out for a throw in.

The Bedlington Terrier
01-09-2020, 12:44 PM
It's because his distribution of the ball is not good enough. Southgate is following the same model as most of the top clubs who play out from the back. This will also hurt Popes chances as a fair percentage of his clearances go out for a throw in.

Tarkowski's stats sort of indicate just what a good defender he is. I thought a centre-back's first job is to defend? :P

https://www.premierleague.com/players/8143/James-Tarkowski/stats

Claret_Matelot
02-09-2020, 06:14 AM
Tarkowski's stats sort of indicate just what a good defender he is. I thought a centre-back's first job is to defend? :P

https://www.premierleague.com/players/8143/James-Tarkowski/stats

It is.. But to get in to Southgates team you need to be able to defend AND play out from the back. Thats what makes the difference between a good defender and a great defender. There is a reason why they are referred to as 'Centre Backs' now and not just 'Defenders'.

The Bedlington Terrier
02-09-2020, 06:27 AM
It is.. But to get in to Southgates team you need to be able to defend AND play out from the back. Thats what makes the difference between a good defender and a great defender. There is a reason why they are referred to as 'Centre Backs' now and not just 'Defenders'.

If Ray Deakin was still with us he would be a "shoe-in" then! XD

Claret_Matelot
02-09-2020, 09:10 AM
If Ray Deakin was still with us he would be a "shoe-in" then! XD

Or Chris Brass.....

The Bedlington Terrier
02-09-2020, 10:02 AM
Or Chris Brass.....

If I had my choice to play anyone alongside Ben Mee it would not be any pick from Mings, Maguire, Coady or Keane.

It would be this dude and it's because we can't defend properly, we always get beat when the BIG moment comes...

sinkov
02-09-2020, 10:29 AM

No idea what the stats say but I'd have more confidence in Tarko bringing the ball out of defence than Michael Keane, to my eyes at least he looks like a rabbit caught in headlights if someone doesn't show for the ball within 5 seconds of him getting it.

army88
03-09-2020, 05:23 AM

Maguire can’t defend - he’s ok carrying the ball and coming onto headers but is woeful at pucking up runners in behind him in fact ( schoolboy ).

I have a feeling that at Leicester Kante did a lot of this for him , hence as I said he carries the ball well and meets headers looks good to the outsider but in reality he’s not as good a defender as England seem to think.

I know that’s a rant but I can’t see how Maguire - mings get in front of Tarky