PDA

View Full Version : OT: Black nutters mutter

wendun
26-09-2020, 05:55 PM
I know that my views are controversial and out of touch with many here on MM but I am sick to death of the rewriting of our history. In today's edition of The Times on page six of the review there is a piece by black writer Floella Benjamin. Under a heading The Film I Walked Out On she writes; "Dunkirk. In this 2017 war film there was, disgracefully, no representation of Caribbean, African and Asian servicemen and women."
This is so utterly pathetic and outrageous that it's hard to know where to begin. The film portrays the BEF and the RAF and the RN and the small boats flotilla. They were white ffs!!! It's like criticising a film about the battle of Hastings for not showing blacks, Muslims and women in the frigging shield wall. How much longer are you going to let these people dictate the agenda?

CTMilller
26-09-2020, 06:18 PM
I know that my views are controversial and out of touch with many here on MM but I am sick to death of the rewriting of our history. In today's edition of The Times on page six of the review there is a piece by black writer Floella Benjamin. Under a heading The Film I Walked Out On she writes; "Dunkirk. In this 2017 war film there was, disgracefully, no representation of Caribbean, African and Asian servicemen and women."
This is so utterly pathetic and outrageous that it's hard to know where to begin. The film portrays the BEF and the RAF and the RN and the small boats flotilla. They were white ffs!!! It's like criticising a film about the battle of Hastings for not showing blacks, Muslims and women in the frigging shield wall. How much longer are you going to let these people dictate the agenda?

I may be wrong, Wendun, but there were Indian regiments rescued from Dunkirk. This from Wiki:

"Yasmin Khan, historian and author of The Raj at War: A People's History of India's Second World War, says she has often wondered why there is very little factual data on their role in the battle, which many say cost Germany the war.
What is well known, she told me, is that four companies of the Royal Indian Army Service Corps, including a unit of the Bikaner State forces, served in France during the campaign on the Western Front, and some were evacuated from Dunkirk. Among them were three contingents of the Royal Indian Army Service Corps. One contingent was taken prisoner by German forces."

Whether they needed to be represented in the film is another matter.

Pattylallacks2
26-09-2020, 07:42 PM
Wendun you are both right and wrong

You are right when you say your views are controversial and out of touch

You are wrong when you say that the BEF was exclusively white (see CTMiller's post above). In fact, several Indian soldiers were decorated for acts of bravery at Dunkirk. Notable amongst them was Jamadar Mauler Dad Khan who won the Indian Distinguished Service Medal. His citation reads:

"On 24 May 1940 when approaching Dunkerque, Jemadar Maula Dad Khan showed magnificent courage, coolness and decision. When his troop was shelled from the ground and bombed from the air by the enemy he promptly reorganised his men and animals, got them off the road and under cover under extremely difficult conditions. It was due to this initiative and the confidence he inspired that it was possible to extricate his troop without loss in men or animals."

sawmiller
26-09-2020, 08:09 PM
There are even.......horror of horrors.......Muslim names of those who died fighting for the Allies in WW1 on the Menin Gate

bloody blacks and foreign types ruin everything for the true Anglo Saxon

John2
26-09-2020, 08:16 PM
How much longer are you going to let these people dictate the agenda?

I love this post on so many levels.

I can imagine the steam coming out of your ears.

But, I love how a little read opinion piece behind a paywall in the times in your mind is "dictating the agenda".

You live in a sleepy village, but on a different planet.

Shark27
26-09-2020, 08:16 PM
I am thankful to everyone who fought on our side in the world wars whether they were white, black, Indian, Muslim, Catholic.

My Great Grandfather fought in WW1 and was in the home guard for WW2.

My Great Grandmas brother (Ernest) was killed aged 18 in WW1.

rolymiller
26-09-2020, 08:17 PM

How much longer are we gonna allow you to talk complete unsubstantiated bollax on here. Now that is a good question...

Stovicmiller
26-09-2020, 09:16 PM
Roly you're allowed to talk *******s so why shouldn't anyone else 😊

great_fire
26-09-2020, 09:20 PM
Floella Benjamin is a kids TV presenter from the 70s and 80s.

And there were black French colonial soldiers in Dunkirk (2017).

rolymiller
26-09-2020, 10:18 PM
Glad you agree Monty talks bollax at least Mr stoves

great_fire
26-09-2020, 10:38 PM
Glad you agree Monty talks bollax at least Mr stoves

Not necessarily, I havent googled it.

sota
27-09-2020, 05:07 AM
We need a few more black actors in the TV ads. Only 50% during last night's Corrie breaks.

Pattylallacks2
27-09-2020, 12:30 PM
We need a few more black actors in the TV ads. Only 50% during last night's Corrie breaks.

Need a few more actors in Coronation Street, never mind the ads.

millersrus
27-09-2020, 01:01 PM

Watch the BBC no “ advertising” on there! B)

However there’s probably 50% of BAME presenters/ reporters.

rolymiller
27-09-2020, 01:45 PM

Are tha policing this board again Sota? You said you weren't political .You aren't a multi per chance? My advice to you is get thi sen a life...

rolymiller
27-09-2020, 01:48 PM
Watch the BBC no “ advertising” on there! B)

However there’s probably 50% of BAME presenters/ reporters.

Well get used to it we are a multicultural nation. Theres no turning back now unless you want to tell yourself to bugger off to where you came from...

https://greatbritishmag.co.uk/ask-a-brit/is-the-uk-multicultural/

Stovicmiller
27-09-2020, 01:59 PM
Are tha policing this board again Sota? You said you weren't political .You aren't a multi per chance? My advice to you is get thi sen a life... exile, why not take your own advice.

rolymiller
27-09-2020, 02:14 PM
Call me Roly. I prefer that name Stovers, its sort of cuddly like me...

I would bugger off but I'm not sure about my ancestry. I reckon I might have a bit of Celt in me from my Irish roots but probably more saxon I would think . Chuffin hell I might be german. So its either Dublin or Berlin for me. Before that my genes had a spell in Africa at some point. South Africa might be ok this time of year.

What about you stoves where will you need to bugger off to?

Monty will be ok by the way, his ancestry shows he is pure English from the primordial soup. I would guess that was a pond somewhere near Lancaster millions of years ago.

Blummin ummer Ive just realised I have some of the same genes as Monty ...wheres that chuffin pond again!

wendun
27-09-2020, 04:42 PM
You guys (some of you) just don't get it. Best selling novel by Hilary Mantell reckoned by all the critics to be brilliant not on the Booker Prize shortlist which this year (in frigging England remember) features only two white writers. The BBC are spending millions on a series about "forgotten" black classical composers (forgotten because they were crap but the Beeb reckons Mozart pinched all his stuff from a Kunta Kinti with a didgeridoo - you can't make this crap up) and Talksport tonight start a six part series on black footballers. As Sota pointed out the ethnic mix of the UK according to adverts on TV is 50% black, 30% of relationships are black guys sh*gging white women, 15% are gay and the very small residue are white hetero***ual couples. F8ck it. We've lost. Let the w*nkers take over but please show them how you change a light bulb.

rolymiller
27-09-2020, 04:50 PM
You guys (some of you) just don't get it. Best selling novel by Hilary Mantell reckoned by all the critics to be brilliant not on the Booker Prize shortlist which this year (in frigging England remember) features only two white writers. The BBC are spending millions on a series about "forgotten" black classical composers (forgotten because they were crap but the Beeb reckons Mozart pinched all his stuff from a Kunta Kinti with a didgeridoo - you can't make this crap up) and Talksport tonight start a six part series on black footballers. As Sota pointed out the ethnic mix of the UK according to adverts on TV is 50% black, 30% of relationships are black guys sh*gging white women, 15% are gay and the very small residue are white hetero***ual couples. F8ck it. We've lost. Let the w*nkers take over but please show them how you change a light bulb.

What? They have light bulbs where you live!? I thought they were still living in the stone age where you lived?

Bowl of primordial soup Monty?

By the way I didn't know that your talents stretched to being a music critique. I always though you were an agadoo man mi sen..push that pineapple owd lad...XD

wendun
27-09-2020, 05:29 PM
Let me just tell you a story and frankly I don't care if you believe it or not. Lefty Liberals think they can ride the tiger but they are wrong. The tiger hates them as much as it hates me but at least the tiger knows I'll shoot it without blinking. Twenty odd years ago, working in London, a female coworker criticised my "racist" views of blacks in Notting Hill. I warned her that to them she was just a "prize". Anyway, she ended up being gang raped and the black girls egged the men on. They don't like you. They want what you have. Didn't you learn anything from the child abuse scandals. Wake up and stop being so frigging pathetic. Windrush sails both ways.

rolymiller
27-09-2020, 05:36 PM
Chuffin eck a big game hunter as well monts? There are no end to your talents. Was it you who wrote "The Dangers of tiger hunting "under the name of Claude Balls?XD