PDA

View Full Version : Fans at grounds, is it time?

TerryTheTerror
28-09-2020, 10:49 AM
Down south this has been reported:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54322650

The question I have is this:

Is it time to let folk who wan to go to matches go and take the risk? By this I mean accepting medical care won't be available to you should the worst happen and decisions need to be made about who to treat. Obviously, folk like myself who just wouldn't do it, should be able to steam on-line as long as it takes...

Arabdownsouth
28-09-2020, 10:57 AM
Down south this has been reported:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54322650

The question I have is this:

Is it time to let folk who wan to go to matches go and take the risk? By this I mean accepting medical care won't be available to you should the worst happen and decisions need to be made about who to treat. Obviously, folk like myself who just wouldn't do it, should be able to steam on-line as long as it takes...

Much as we all want to see fans back in the grounds, I just don't think that's a viable option. It's not just those people that say yes I'll take the risk, what about the risk they then pose to the general public?

As in the report, it absolutely needs the Government in both England and Scotland to put together a rescue package to save the national game from wholesale collapse.

cybershed
28-09-2020, 11:40 AM
We were getting close to beating the virus with the lockdown. But the govt caved in to pressure from the airline and holiday industry.

We can beat this domestically with the likes of lockdown etc, but only when we realise that international travel has to stop completely will we defeat it and things can begin to return to normal.

Regarding that article, surely professional football counts as a 'cultural institution' and should get a chunk of that £1.5b.

offshore_arab83
28-09-2020, 11:41 AM
Yes, let people go about their business

Wont happen though...

Shedboy1971
28-09-2020, 12:37 PM
wont happen - but needs to

JUSTaway
28-09-2020, 02:48 PM
I assume, with limited numbers - all existing season ticket holders, and no pay at the gate fans, and with no catering in place/or allowed, it will actually cost clubs to allow some form of fans into ground with stewarding etc...

JUSTaway
28-09-2020, 02:50 PM
I'd be surprised if anything happened in October, with possibility of stricter lockdown during School holidays to try get the numbers down.

Chick A Saw
03-10-2020, 10:45 AM
Oh dear!

It appears that Fife Council have been allowing the stock car racing to run at Cowdenbeath, for a number of weeks! I do not think anyone should be hauled over the coals for this, and think this should be embraced as an experiment to see if anyone has actually contracted the virus through attending this, and if there is any footage available, see how distancing rules were being followed.

A. J
03-10-2020, 10:55 AM
Think most of the team would have run home to mammy yday if fans were in

tHeArAb
03-10-2020, 10:56 AM
Oh dear!

It appears that Fife Council have been allowing the stock car racing to run at Cowdenbeath, for a number of weeks! I do not think anyone should be hauled over the coals for this, and think this should be embraced as an experiment to see if anyone has actually contracted the virus through attending this, and if there is any footage available, see how distancing rules were being followed.

They have, since 21st Sept, but it's been behind closed doors.

Chick A Saw
03-10-2020, 11:31 AM
They have, since 21st Sept, but it's been behind closed doors.

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/news/local/fife/1622749/council-misunderstanding-as-crowds-wrongly-allowed-at-fife-stock-car-races-breaking-coronavirus-rules/

tHeArAb
03-10-2020, 11:37 AM
Ffs.

That's Lochgelly though, not Cowdenbeath. Different tracks. Cowdenbeath haven't been letting fans in.

Chick A Saw
03-10-2020, 11:45 AM
Ffs.

That's Lochgelly though, not Cowdenbeath. Different tracks. Cowdenbeath haven't been letting fans in.

Yeah, didnt know there was more than one through that way. Still an opportunity there to see if transmission has occurred.

jjaflup22
03-10-2020, 12:19 PM
Think most of the team would have run home to mammy yday if fans were in

Haha, you're right. That bunch are probably glad there are no fans there.

Henrys Hall
03-10-2020, 02:21 PM
English lower leagues need bail out cash? Said right at the start this will pandemic will be a good leveller, futba players and owners need to get in the real world when it comes to earnings. Lets close the libraries though.

offshore_arab83
04-10-2020, 08:29 AM
Leading Scottish footballing figures have joined forces to condemn the Scottish Government 's refusal to allow fans back into football stadia.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/celtic-rangers-face-competitive-disadvantage-22786668

jjaflup22
04-10-2020, 09:20 AM
Leading Scottish footballing figures have joined forces to condemn the Scottish Government 's refusal to allow fans back into football stadia.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/celtic-rangers-face-competitive-disadvantage-22786668

You know you're losing an argument when you have to quote the Daily Rangers and Neil Doncaster. 😂

cybershed
04-10-2020, 09:34 AM

Doncaster goes on about Sevco and Ceptic being at a competitive disadvantage in Europe.

Aw didums.

Ive never ever heard him moaning about the fact that every other club in Scotland is constantly at a competitive disadvantage compared with the gruesome twosome.

Surely the biggest threat to Scottish football is the very survival of numerous clubs. Not the competitive disadvantage of the erse cheeks in Europe.

What I take from Doncaster's comments is that only two clubs in Scotland matter.

SNAFU.

offshore_arab83
04-10-2020, 09:38 AM
You know you're losing an argument when you have to quote the Daily Rangers and Neil Doncaster. 😂
If I was in an argument I wouldn’t be using them just purely posting the link for info