PDA

View Full Version : United vs Livi 02/10/20

cybershed
28-09-2020, 12:31 PM
Anyone know why we are playing on Friday evening rather than Sat afternoon?

I though maybe it was due to being live on Alba, but it doesn't appear on their schedule???

Shedboy1971
28-09-2020, 12:36 PM
4 games on Friday for some bizarre reason??

shedka
28-09-2020, 12:38 PM
I think it's a mix of league Cup group games starting Tues/Wed plus Scotland playing next weekend, there are two league games Sunday but those teams are then playing Europe Thurs so won't be involved in league cup...

Shedboy1971
28-09-2020, 12:45 PM
I think it's a mix of league Cup group games starting Tues/Wed plus Scotland playing next weekend, there are two league games Sunday but those teams are then playing Europe Thurs so won't be involved in league cup...

Ah yes we have 3 games in 6 days for betfred cup starting on wednesday

Arabdownsouth
28-09-2020, 12:54 PM
Anyone know why we are playing on Friday evening rather than Sat afternoon?

I though maybe it was due to being live on Alba, but it doesn't appear on their schedule???

I asked this question on Tek yesterday.

It's due to the Scotland game apparently, all games were meant to be on Friday night but as the infirm are still in Europe their games have been put back to the Sunday because they have games on Thursday night.

Kinda makes a mockery of the whole thing though as they probably have more international players than the rest of the teams combined 😂

stokearab
28-09-2020, 01:00 PM
Win v Livi and we push on. It's not a must win by any means but definitely falls into the category of really need to be winning to stay mid table.

FWIW I think we will win it but we need to be converting our chances better, that includes you Nicky....

Will MM bring Connolly back in, I don't think he will, a start on the bench for him I'd have thought. Clark and Shankland showing signs of the good partnership from last season.

Looking like we have reverted to a back 4 since Chalmers has cemented his place on the right flank. Stick with Sporle and Robson on the left, give Harkes some shootie in practice and we're winning 2-0.

shedka
28-09-2020, 02:46 PM
I don't see anyone really pushing on as such just now, think outside the top four it'll remain very tight

Obviously hope we win on Friday but can't see it being anything but close like most of the games so far

A couple signings though will help going forward as we haven't really made any compared to most, like the sound of the Fuchs signing of it happens

stokearab
28-09-2020, 02:55 PM
I meant in terms of building confidence and momentum and I do see us pushing on if we win. We could go above Killie and add 3 points to the gap between us and some of the teams below us.

JUSTaway
28-09-2020, 03:04 PM
Given we are playing Livi on grass this is the sort of games we have to be looking to win if we want to avoid dogfight come the end of the season. Actually thought Edwards did ok on Saturday. I'd probably start Clark given we are at home and should be on front foot, but remain to be convinced their is enough strength or pace in that pairing up top to make the ball stick.

stokearab
28-09-2020, 03:22 PM
Given we are playing Livi on grass this is the sort of games we have to be looking to win if we want to avoid dogfight come the end of the season. Actually thought Edwards did ok on Saturday. I'd probably start Clark given we are at home and should be on front foot, but remain to be convinced their is enough strength or pace in that pairing up top to make the ball stick.

Dont have the stats but I believe we won more with Clark and Shankland together than without, can't see him starting anyone over Clark. Appere can't break in just yet but maybe his time will come. And we do seem to be creating more now that the Clark Shankland partnership has been reestablished.

Unless we have injuries from Saturday I think he'll ask the same 11 to go again.

A. J
28-09-2020, 03:55 PM
Cut out the brainfarts, keep Chalmers and Clark behind at training for a few hours shooting practice and we'll hose this

Shedboy1971
28-09-2020, 05:15 PM
If Chalmers cuts in from right like he has been doing and starts to score goals with his left we have some player here :)

ARAbCHNID
28-09-2020, 06:54 PM
If Chalmers cuts in from right like he has been doing and starts to score goals with his left we have some player here :)

The new Ralphie?

Yeats 62
02-10-2020, 01:22 PM
4 games on Friday for some bizarre reason??

I'd settle for that, would help league positions ;)

Shedboy1971
02-10-2020, 01:45 PM
Mellon quote

"I love football and I really love watching my team perform at the minute," he said.

"I'm loving watching their improvement and how they are attacking. I'm loving their attitude in training every day and their appetite to get better."

"Without wishing my days away - which my old mam used to warn me about, "take your time Michael," she'd say - but I am looking forward to Friday coming around because, and I may be biased being the manager, but I think Dundee United are quite an exciting team to watch."

I love this guy - how could you not want to do the biz if he was your manager? and what a refreshing change from last 6 years or so.

no1arabbelfast
02-10-2020, 03:04 PM
If we can win our home games against our relegation opponents and at least draw away from home, we'll be fine.

petermackie
02-10-2020, 03:11 PM
If we can win our home games against our relegation opponents and at least draw away from home, we'll be fine.

You any relation to Captain Obvious 🙈🙈🙈

Yeats 62
02-10-2020, 04:29 PM
You any relation to Captain Obvious 🙈🙈🙈

Mon now Peter.............. :D

JamesMcClean
02-10-2020, 04:44 PM
Mellon quote

"I love football and I really love watching my team perform at the minute," he said.

"I'm loving watching their improvement and how they are attacking. I'm loving their attitude in training every day and their appetite to get better."

"Without wishing my days away - which my old mam used to warn me about, "take your time Michael," she'd say - but I am looking forward to Friday coming around because, and I may be biased being the manager, but I think Dundee United are quite an exciting team to watch."

I love this guy - how could you not want to do the biz if he was your manager? and what a refreshing change from last 6 years or so.

Phuck that for a game of tennis. I’d far rather have a manager who reminded us just how difficult it is to get something on a plastic pitch on a driech night in Alloa.;D

petermackie
02-10-2020, 05:22 PM

Mon now Peter.............. :D

I know Yeats...but FFS really

Yeats 62
02-10-2020, 05:59 PM
I know Yeats...but FFS really

YIP................... really ! You need reminded :blue:

ranaldarab
02-10-2020, 06:01 PM
Mehmet in goal and Connolly in for Reynolds.

offshore_arab83
02-10-2020, 06:04 PM
Whats happened to Benji?

tHeArAb
02-10-2020, 06:12 PM
Whats happened to Benji?

Injured apparently. Be good to see what Mehmet offers tbh.

ranaldarab
02-10-2020, 06:29 PM
Aye Siegrist injured, Connolly maybe deemed stronger in the air? Or Reynolds slower to recover from plastic pitch?

Henrys Hall
02-10-2020, 06:42 PM
https://www.skysports.com/football/dundee-u-vs-livingston/425620

Jeztheshed
02-10-2020, 06:51 PM
Is this match available to watch on any channel or from the Dundee United website? I assumed cos its Friday night it was but can't access it from anywhere

GUNBOAT
02-10-2020, 07:13 PM
Mellon quote

He is the Scottish Klopp with his positivity.I admire him most for going to a foreign country at 17 and after over 30 years away he still has a broad Scottish accent.
I remember someone from Lawside academy going to work on a cruise ship in the 70's and after 6 months he came hame with an American accent,i kid you not.XD

GUNBOAT
02-10-2020, 07:24 PM
We look dodgy as phuck at the back but what a double save fae Deniz and another one at 35 minutes.

Bannons boots
02-10-2020, 07:37 PM
A horrendous 45 mins of booting the ball up & down the park. Zero football on show.

Whitfieldarab
Is this match available to watch on any channel or from the Dundee United website? I assumed cos its Friday night it was but can't access it from anywhere

It's on Hesgoal.com. I know this because I'm having to watch it on that because DUTV won't let me log in even though I'm using the exact same details as I've used the last half dozen times....fkn hopeless......its Livi commentry on Hesgoal though

stokearab
Shocking stuff imo. One second of quality from Nicky Clark is all we've offered.

Whitfieldarab
02-10-2020, 07:40 PM
A horrendous 45 mins of booting the ball up & down the park. Zero football on show.

Its brutal. Livi the better team. Needs to be better 2nd half,we can't sit in on this 1 goal lead or the equaliser will come just like the last game.

DUFC4EVER
02-10-2020, 07:44 PM
Shocking stuff imo. One second of quality from Nicky Clark is all we've offered.

My eyes are bleeding lol

Off the ball we're doing great. Manager has them working and keeping concentrated.

But on the ball there's nothing. We've got nobody that can play any decent stuff in the middle of the park. It's not even someone creative, just someone who can put their foot on the ball, make a yard of space and play a decent pass.

Yeats 62
02-10-2020, 07:44 PM
It's on Hesgoal.com. I know this because I'm having to watch it on that because DUTV won't let me log in even though I'm using the exact same details as I've used the last half dozen times....fkn hopeless......its Livi commentry on Hesgoal though

Try Dundee United PPV

Henrys Hall
02-10-2020, 07:45 PM
Two livi strikes almost identical. Battled hardened experienced side in this league its what we have to deal with

GUNBOAT
02-10-2020, 07:46 PM
Their worst passes forward have still led to mayhem at the back for us,i think we have had one shot and they have had nine.Sorry but Connolly in for Reynolds albeit the latter has a slight strain is very very worrying.

shedka
02-10-2020, 07:49 PM
And that was shooting towards the east first half

Seems like big improvement needed if we are to take anything from this despite being ahead, its weird to say but stats look terrible

Fairplay to deniz

Whitfieldarab
02-10-2020, 07:50 PM
Try Dundee United PPV

I'm on it now ,worked 1st time on the vstpass site but didn't work on the DUTV link on the fishul:?

GUNBOAT
02-10-2020, 07:54 PM
I really need to ask why a team who are FN awful away from their plastic pitch are free in our last third everytime the ball land's there.Our marking at times has been non- existent.
My one hope is we attack more this half because their achilles heel is in defence too.

GUNBOAT
02-10-2020, 08:00 PM
How much room did he have in the box?.Honestly shocking defending but no more than they deserved.

shedka
02-10-2020, 08:01 PM
They have a solid line up, expected a tough game but that's them equalised and seems more than deserved, change of shape, personnel or tactics needed or we won't be taking anything tonight

DUFC4EVER
02-10-2020, 08:01 PM
Feck me, what did he tell them at half time? Let's see if we can play worse?

Subbies!

Jeztheshed
02-10-2020, 08:02 PM

Cheers mate, appreciate it.

Just managed to tune in via hesgoal as livi scored FFS!

GUNBOAT
02-10-2020, 08:04 PM
I watched some of their game v The Rangers on plastic and they hardly got out of their half but the same team are running FN riot at Tannadice.We have got a long long way to go troops.FACT.

offshore_arab83
02-10-2020, 08:06 PM
We are sh1te

arabiain
02-10-2020, 08:07 PM
Worst game I've seen this season. This is a tough watch.

shedka
02-10-2020, 08:08 PM
I watched some of their game v The Rangers on plastic and they hardly got out of their half but the same team are running FN riot at Tannadice.We have got a long long way to go troops.FACT.

I'm sure they have been in most games recently and a threat in attack

2-2 at Motherwell, lost narrow 2-1 at Aberdeen and 3-2 at Celtic Park, plus beat the fermers at the weekend

offshore_arab83
02-10-2020, 08:09 PM
We’re sitting far too deep, can’t hold the ball, can’t meet a man with a pass, keep punting the ball and as usual creating f uck all

Screaming out for creative midfield yet seemingly a striker is out priority?

Jeztheshed
02-10-2020, 08:11 PM
Our reaction to them scoring has been really poor and we seem to lack composure all over the pitch. Interested to see what MM will to to change this. These are the games we need points from ffs

Bannons boots
02-10-2020, 08:15 PM
We are fkn horrendous tonight.

shedka
02-10-2020, 08:17 PM
Can't understand how Appere and McMullan can't get run outs just now

Dave63
02-10-2020, 08:20 PM
Can't understand how Appere and McMullan can't get run outs just now

Shows what he must think of them if these players get stay on pitch. Apart from booting ball from back we done nothing. Appere now on

Jeztheshed
02-10-2020, 08:20 PM
Appere and Pawlett

GUNBOAT
02-10-2020, 08:21 PM
Ambrose in my opinion is FN awful but he is looking like Beckenbauer tonight because there is no service to Shankland.The latter would have been relishing this game with the level of ability in their defence but we have been overrun all over the park.

weegiearab
02-10-2020, 08:21 PM
double subbie for= inevitable loss of second goal within 5 minutes!

tHeArAb
02-10-2020, 08:22 PM
Woeful stuff. Our midfield are being completely bypassed. Hope to fuch Fuch is some kind of midfield messiah because this isn't pretty viewing. Nothings holding, we have no composure when we get the ball, sitting with pretty much two banks of four on the 18 yarder.

A great example of how difficult this league is going to be. They are bigger, faster & stronger than us all over the park.

Jeztheshed
02-10-2020, 08:26 PM
To be fair I think Livi are playing their socks off. Just as impressed with them as disappointed with united

shedka
02-10-2020, 08:31 PM
Yea didn't expect anything different from them, we haven't been good though.. They are now a streetwise and fairly strong top flight outfit, that's why it's a challenge for us to stay up this season

Need to be on it every game if we want to take something, even at home

Jeztheshed
02-10-2020, 08:37 PM
Couldn't have said truer words Shedka :(

Sande_Man
02-10-2020, 08:37 PM
If this performance was under Neilson we’d be calling for his head. We’ve been utterly disgusting.

I can’t believe I’m still sitting seething that Mark Connolly is playing for my club. Get away to deck you brainless idiot

shedka
02-10-2020, 08:38 PM
Not surprised by that goal alert, it's been coming and got what we deserved from that I reckon

arabiain
02-10-2020, 08:39 PM
Absolutely ****ing woeful. 1shot YES 1 ****ing shot in 90 mins against Livingston. Honeymoon period well and truly OVER for me. Need to do a bit of serious business before Monday or it's a long long season ahead.

Oddsox
02-10-2020, 08:40 PM
Poorest home performance in 5 years😥😥😥

Bannons boots
02-10-2020, 08:40 PM
Utter utter utter ****e.

Noddydog
02-10-2020, 08:41 PM
Very poor. Never had any level of sustained possession. No composure on the ball. Never deserved anything from that game.

moicher
02-10-2020, 08:42 PM
that really showed up our shortcomings. Connolly is losing us a goal a game. Nothing in midfield. Lawrence didn't have anything to work from. A horrible watch.

jjaflup22
02-10-2020, 08:42 PM
Connolly is an absolute clown and should never be near this team again. Finally puts Appere on but puts Pawlett on as well whose contribution is to pass every ball backwards.

shedka
02-10-2020, 08:43 PM
If this performance was under Neilson we’d be calling for his head. We’ve been utterly disgusting.

I can’t believe I’m still sitting seething that Mark Connolly is playing for my club. Get away to deck you brainless idiot

True but no point now hypothetically thinking that way, just like no point saying it the other way, no one knows how we'd have done under Neilson good or bad, plus covid has changed a lot including how we'd have likely done in normal times compared to what's took place as we had the uncertainty no other Prem club had

Mellon has to do better though with regards changing things that aren't working, think that needed changes made much much earlier, not just personnel but the set up

no1arabbelfast
02-10-2020, 08:44 PM
Relegation performance.

Virtually a whole new team needed.

JUSTaway
that was like the kind of pishy performance we got under Neilson in the championship when we would create one chance which Shankland would score, and the other teams would dominate possession but miss chances. Total dire, just hope we have some decent signings lined up because panic signings wont help.

DUFC4EVER
What can you say about that!

MM seems to talk a good game, but any time I've watched us we've been absolutely dire. He's made absolutely no difference from Neilson I'd say. I can't see us being any worse off with any manager our performances have been so poor.

Until we sign a few players it'll be like this all season, no matter what any player or the manager spouts in the press.

The most worrying thing for me to take from the game is Shankland. What is he thinking about this pish? Will he stick around playing for this team, feeding off scraps and long balls?

Just seen the replay of the winner again. Connelly actually tried to take a touch away from the attacker. Brain dead chunt.

weegiearab
02-10-2020, 08:46 PM
Lawrence Shankland.....please find yourself a new club....we will only hold you back. All we have this year is leaks to Scott F#ckin Burns that we might be signing a player. We will not get you a player to set you up....we will not get you a player that will be able to pass you a ball. We love you but we need to let you go! Absolutely toothless display and the body language from the players suggest that they have already settled for just hoping that Shankland will eventually them out sh*t.

Bannons boots
02-10-2020, 08:46 PM
Never fails to amaze me how a while team can be utter ****e at the same time. Not a single positive tonight. Im old enough to remember when managers were able to change things during a game & get something going. But nowadays you just see the same utter **** for the entire game. Absolutely scunnered by that tonight

Whitfieldarab
02-10-2020, 08:47 PM
Well done Deniz, only one tonight to get pass marks,too many anonymous bodies out there and that's as bad as I've seen us for a long long time.

Well done to Livi though,was quite impressed by them tonight and fully deserved the 3 points but if it wasn't for that hopeless fkr Connolly(again) we might have got an undeserved point.

If Shankland spends the whole 90 minutes on the bench for Scotland in their forthcoming game he'll still see more of the ball than he did tonight.

LSArab
02-10-2020, 08:48 PM
Mellon quote

I like Mellon.

Sadly though we didn’t live up to this quote.

It was absolute garbage.

Harkes and the midfield generally unable to find time on the ball whole night.

Connolly now surely has thrown in one gaffe too many

JUSTaway
02-10-2020, 08:50 PM
it was rank defending from Edwards and Connolly.

GUNBOAT
02-10-2020, 08:51 PM
Not really a fair result it should have been even worse,we nearly escaped with a point but they looked like a top flight european side tonight and totally bossed it.
I would like to think that the people running my club will realise that we are still a bit short in the midfield and rectify that before Jim the Hun removes his yellow tie.

Sande_Man
02-10-2020, 08:51 PM
I like Mellon and in no way am I suggesting we get rid but I find it very very worrying his quotes that we are an exciting team to watch.....we’ve been murder in most games. Our possession has been better (tonight aside!) but we have looked pedestrian and boring with it!

If he honestly thinks we’ve been good and or exciting then he’s deluded.....otherwise he’s blatantly lying!

Time for the club to back him and buy some actual premiership quality footballers instead of clowns like Connolly

pertharab
02-10-2020, 08:53 PM
Jeeezus that was f*ckin awful. 11 shots from them to our 1 is a disgrace ar home.

CarlisleArab
02-10-2020, 08:53 PM
Horrendous. Hopeful punt after hopeful punt. Couldn’t play 2 forward passes in a row. So negative as well, everybody back at corners and when we win the ball we still punt it up the field to no-one. I thin Shankland had more touches in our box than theirs. Only one place that team is heading....

offshore_arab83
02-10-2020, 08:54 PM
Sorry but Mellons no impressing me. This persisting with Connolly, these formations that leave us exposed, not changing the game quick enough, reluctance to play appere and McMullan nah I’m sorry I’m not impressed

GUNBOAT
02-10-2020, 08:56 PM
What can you say about that!

MM seems to talk a good game, but any time I've watched us we've been absolutely dire. He's made absolutely no difference from Neilson I'd say. I can't see us being any worse off with any manager our performances have been so poor.

Until we sign a few players it'll be like this all season, no matter what any player or the manager spouts in the press.

The most worrying thing for me to take from the game is Shankland. What is he thinking about this pish? Will he stick around playing for this team, feeding off scraps and long balls?

Just seen the replay of the winner again. Connelly actually tried to take a touch away from the attacker. Brain dead chunt.

I thought we were pretty good away v Motherwell who finished 3rd last season and BATTERED the Sheep at Pittodrie 0-3?.

edinarab
02-10-2020, 08:58 PM
Sorry but Mellons no impressing me. This persisting with Connolly, these formations that leave us exposed, not changing the game quick enough, reluctance to play appere and McMullan nah I’m sorry I’m not impressed

We've seen some scheit in the last few years and that performance tonight was right up there with the worst of them

LSArab
02-10-2020, 08:59 PM
I thought we were pretty good away v Motherwell who finished 3rd last season and BATTERED the Sheep at Pittodrie 0-3?.

Was the pittodrie trip in a dream GB ?

Oddsox
02-10-2020, 09:00 PM
I take it,Paul McMullen is shsgging Mrs Mellon

GUNBOAT
02-10-2020, 09:01 PM
I may be wrong but i actually thought we were half decent(no better) v the team that won the last 9 championships.

stokearab
02-10-2020, 09:01 PM

Also the same group of players that went up to Dingwall and won and competed well against Celtic for 85 odd minutes.

But as many have said that was Czabaesque tonight. Terrible doesn't begin to cover it.

GUNBOAT
02-10-2020, 09:03 PM
Was the pittodrie trip in a dream GB ?

Sorry you have lost me?,read it again mate,it does make sense honest.

Whitfieldarab
02-10-2020, 09:04 PM
Is it no about time MM got Connolly away ti fk and maybe put Butcher(who is clearly out his depth in midfield)back to centre half?

We were miles away from what Livingston are........Livingston FFS

A. J
02-10-2020, 09:05 PM
I'm a positive guy but that was painful, hope I'm wrong but my gut tells me that was Shankland's last game for us.

DUFC4EVER
02-10-2020, 09:06 PM

That probably was a decent performance. Pity the majority of the others have been dire.

Still stand by my points.

MM hasn't made much of a difference
If we don't sign better players it'll be the same pish for the majority of the season
I'm worried about what Shanks will be thinking
Connelly is a brain dead chunt

tHeArAb
02-10-2020, 09:06 PM
We simply have no one, not one f*cking person to put their foot on the ball in the middle of the park and take the game by the scruff of the neck. I'm sick of going on about the two in midfield when some on here can't see past them, but when you see decent central midfielders play, they come deep for the ball, they take the ball of the defence and they look to get things moving. Our two are happy shirking that responsibly. Happy to let the two centre halves punt the ball forward to absolutely no one. Happy to throw their hands in the air when we let a centre half waltz through on goal and tap one in from 6 yards. It's pathetic. We need signings and we have three days to make it happen or we're up sh*t creek because that was a relegation performance.

offshore_arab83
02-10-2020, 09:07 PM
Is it no about time MM got Connolly away ti fk and maybe put Butcher(who is clearly out his depth in midfield)back to centre half?

We were miles away from what Livingston are........Livingston FFS
Mate that to me is our only option. If we sign Fuchs then Butcher has to be at CB and get Connolly so far to f uck

North_Coast_Arab
02-10-2020, 09:07 PM
I take it,Paul McMullen is shsgging Mrs Mellon

McMullan can't cross and has the shot of a six year old girl. Good a running with the ball, good at one on one's with the keeper and better than what was out there tonight.
We seriously need someone to find a killer pass. No creativity in midfield.
Connelly a liability on and off the park.

GUNBOAT
02-10-2020, 09:08 PM
Also the same group of players that went up to Dingwall and won and competed well against Celtic for 85 odd minutes.

But as many have said that was Czabaesque tonight. Terrible doesn't begin to cover it.

Oh i agree with you 100% mate,we were FN awful,FACT.I am only saying we would NEVER have won AWAY v the 3rd best team in Scotland with Neilson in charge,FACT.

bannon_ftd_83
02-10-2020, 09:09 PM
As bad as I've seen us in recent yearsor certainly up there with the worst.

The midfield is non existent and not up to required standard. Connolly is an absolute bombscare. Mcmullen and Appere not playing is bizarre and the subs should have been made after 55 minutes.

Too busy concentrating on our shape or lack of to even think about attacking. No pace. No plan.

Too many red flag performances this season already. Mellon needs to take a good look at himself with the current dross he is serving the fans at the minute.

FAO Robbie Nielson....please please take Connolly from us.

edinarab
02-10-2020, 09:10 PM

We've seen some scheit in the last few years and that performance tonight was right up there with the worst of them

LSArab
Sorry you have lost me?,read it again mate,it does make sense honest.

Sorry GB - I misunderstood thought you meant we had beaten Motherwell away and then beat the sheep

Realise now you mean Motherwell beat the sheep.

All understood now 🙈😂

Arabdownsouth
I'm a positive guy but that was painful, hope I'm wrong but my gut tells me that was Shankland's last game for us.

He didn't exactly put himself in the shop window tonight, I expect him to be in tangerine on Tuesday myself.

Arabdownsouth
02-10-2020, 09:11 PM
He didn't exactly put himself in the shop window tonight, I expect him to be in tangerine on Tuesday myself.

Actually make that dark blue 😂

offshore_arab83
02-10-2020, 09:11 PM
McMullan can't cross and has the shot of a six year old girl. Good a running with the ball, good at one on one's with the keeper and better than what was out there tonight.
We seriously need someone to find a killer pass. No creativity in midfield.
Connelly a liability on and off the park.
I’ve never been a McMullan fan and agree with all your points mate but we need someone who can drive at teams and atleast try move the ball forward, no on else is doing that for us and McMullan will atleast move forward and win us free kicks

JUSTaway
02-10-2020, 09:12 PM
As bad as the service is to Shankland and Clark, neither of them has pace to run in behind, neither of them is going to dominate in the air, so in games like tonight neither of them can relieve the pressure and hold the ball up when we are struggling and punting the ball up. We are crying out for someone with a bit of pace and height to help up front and keep maybe keep the ball up there. Teams often start well when they come up to a new league, and get a bit of a bounce, maybe our real quality is starting to shine through.

We struggle to create and defence seems to have one goal mistake per match. Ambrose had a free header from 5 yards a few mins before the goal. Truly woeful stuff.

GUNBOAT
02-10-2020, 09:12 PM
Mellon has worked FN miracles with a Championship team(a pretty shyte one at that without his best player)anyone having a go at him on here tonight is as brain dead as Connolly,FACT.

offshore_arab83
02-10-2020, 09:13 PM
Mellon has worked FN miracles with a Championship team(a pretty shyte one at that without his best player)anyone having a go at him on here tonight is as brain dead as Connolly,FACT.
What aload of sh1te G

North_Coast_Arab
02-10-2020, 09:18 PM

Championship squad agreed but his insistence to play players that are losing us games means the jury is out. Pawlett and Connelly need a taxi. Face mask or not !!

the_arab
02-10-2020, 09:20 PM

Agree, hes actually worrying me. Makes subs last week when he didnt need to. Made none this week when he should have.

Formations are poor, the way hes handled some players like Appere, Glass and Freeman with the latter looking like a good backup to Smith being farmed out when he should be an option and have Bolton further forward.

Our squad is nowhere near good enough, most of that starting 11 should be nowhere near us after the next couple of transfer windows.

CarlisleArab
02-10-2020, 09:20 PM

i disagree. He has been so negative since he came here. He says all the right things and then we are the complete opposite on the park. We spent most of that game with everybody behind the ball and hopeful punts to no-one. Any decent manager would have at least tried to change it or bring on a sub. Bullied by Livi from the start. I’m sure at one point I saw Gary Holt turn to his assistant and say “how ****e are they?”

Sande_Man
02-10-2020, 09:23 PM
Re-read your last sentence and see if it’s contradictory!

Someone who plays the blatantly brain dead Connolly deserves people to have a go at him! FACT

stokearab
02-10-2020, 09:23 PM
Its perplexing because in some games it's looked like MM's coaching is improving the players. In others it looks like it hasn't and tonight we've gone backwards. But it's been obvious since he got the call to come that he needs better quality to work with in some positions. Tonight reminded me of when Ayr came to Tannadice and gave us a hiding under Neilson. The one thing I don't get at all is why the players feel they have to offload the ball aimlessly and so quickly, it's mental.

If I have a criticism of MM its some of the stuff he's been saying in interviews for United media. Sometimes it's best to keep it short.

Whitfieldarab
02-10-2020, 09:25 PM
As bad as the service is to Shankland and Clark, neither of them has pace to run in behind, neither of them is going to dominate in the air, so in games like tonight neither of them can relieve the pressure and hold the ball up when we are struggling and punting the ball up. We are crying out for someone with a bit of pace and height to help up front and keep maybe keep the ball up there. Teams often start well when they come up to a new league, and get a bit of a bounce, maybe our real quality is starting to shine through.

We struggle to create and defence seems to have one goal mistake per match. Ambrose had a free header from 5 yards a few mins before the goal. Truly woeful stuff.

Brilliant free kick apart Clark was totally anonymous tonight. He's the one that's meant to drop short and involve the midfield but he didn't/doesn't do it.

duke_the_arab
02-10-2020, 09:27 PM
How the phuck did Connolly get a new 3 year contract? No complaints tonight we were schite and Livi dominated from start to finish. Even our goal was lucky as Livi should have been awarded a free kick just before we got ours. We've been saying since the start of the season that we would settle for 10th. So let's not panic yet. Let's see what happens in the next few days regarding transfers.

arab777
02-10-2020, 09:27 PM
The only positive tonight is the transfer window isnt shut yet.

Whitfieldarab
02-10-2020, 09:28 PM
Its perplexing because in some games it's looked like MM's coaching is improving the players. In others it looks like it hasn't and tonight we've gone backwards. But it's been obvious since he got the call to come that he needs better quality to work with in some positions. Tonight reminded me of when Ayr came to Tannadice and gave us a hiding under Neilson. The one thing I don't get at all is why the players feel they have to offload the ball aimlessly and so quickly, it's mental.

If I have a criticism of MM its some of the stuff he's been saying in interviews for United media. Sometimes it's best to keep it short.

He was on North Tonight saying that he loves watching how exciting we are in matches and also in training then we witness that absolute sht show tonight.......FFS MM STFUXD

North_Coast_Arab
02-10-2020, 09:33 PM

Agree with most of this. Don't think he's a bad coach and he does has a championship team to work with but if you dont change things you can expect the same results. His decisions to play youngsters (probably forced on him due to a tightening budget) has to be applauded. His decisions to stick with players who everyone can see are useless will mean he will receive stick.
Youngsters never let us down btw

stokearab
02-10-2020, 09:37 PM
He was on North Tonight saying that he loves watching how exciting we are in matches and also in training then we witness that absolute sht show tonight.......FFS MM STFUXD

Yeah, that's exactly what I mean. He keeps coming up on my FB feed saying all the right things but after you've heard the same thing week after week you stop clicking play...

I like him and I think he'll end up being a really good manager for us but I wonder if he realised that our players can't string 2 passes together a lot of the time and thought he'd transform us in a few weeks. Be interesting to look back on this thread in 12 months.

GUNBOAT
02-10-2020, 09:41 PM
Not one poster on here had a problem with Mellon until tonight and that is a FACT.The team were FN awful v Livi i know that but sometimes in football your team are terrible regardless of how good or bad you are as a manager.
I know we have a good manager with a Championship squad but i do appreciate that others on here know very little about football and will blame our manager when the team plays to their current level.
I am on this board saying that some of our results were miraculous under Mellon and i stand by that,we should be grateful he took on a job with a squad way below Premiership level.

Dave63
02-10-2020, 09:42 PM
Where do you start with that performance. MM beginning to wonder after Hamilton game and tonight about when to put subs on. Defence is s*** Edwards misses ball then Connolly f*** knows about him the 2 backs did not lot. Midfield Harkes useless again Butcher out his depth the other 2 missing. Forwards Clark not good enough Shankland a goal scorer gets no F****** service apart from punts upfield. Hopefully be in better mood next game and have something good to say about our team

offshore_arab83
02-10-2020, 09:43 PM
Nah G there’s been plenty comments on sub timings, poor sub choices, poor formations, holding out for draws. I like the way he talks but he’s yet to walk the walk for me

JUSTaway
02-10-2020, 09:45 PM
first time this season I was actually glad not to be in Tannadice.

I think MM has shown he can be a decent manager, i just hope by getting some of the early performances out the team he has it hasn't deceived him into thinking our players are better than they are, and that we have some quality coming into the team in the right positions, otherwise we are in trouble. He was as guilty as the players tonight though for watching that and doing absolutely nothing to change it, maybe it just shows a complete lack of faith in the bench. Still bemused we extended Connolly's contract too.

Jim_Jam
02-10-2020, 10:07 PM

GUNBOAT
02-10-2020, 10:08 PM
If we are gonna blame anyone,its the virus,the owner,his sporting director,the manager then the players.In my opinion i could not really believe the Connolly contract extension apart from that i have been surprised we are not cut adrift at the bottom with a Championship team.

stokearab
02-10-2020, 10:13 PM
If we are gonna blame anyone,its the virus,the owner,his sporting director,the manager then the players.In my opinion i could not really believe the Connolly contract extension apart from that i have been surprised we are not cut adrift at the bottom with a Championship team.

You forgot Hearts.....I will never forget and I will never forgive.

stokearab
02-10-2020, 10:18 PM

And we were lucky to get 1 😬

GUNBOAT
02-10-2020, 10:28 PM
Sometimes your team are just FN awful.If i witnessed tonight for another 4 games i will join in with the rest of you,if Neilson was still manager i'm positive Paddy Power would be paying out on relegation already.

North_Coast_Arab
02-10-2020, 10:31 PM
Not one poster on here had a problem with Mellon until tonight and that is a FACT.The team were FN awful v Livi i know that but sometimes in football your team are terrible regardless of how good or bad you are as a manager.
I know we have a good manager with a Championship squad but i do appreciate that others on here know very little about football and will blame our manager when the team plays to their current level.
I am on this board saying that some of our results were miraculous under Mellon and i stand by that,we should be grateful he took on a job with a squad way below Premiership level.

Sorry but I grew up watching Legends, So I'm quite critical of most football nowadays but to say everything was ok until tonight is naive. I do believe he is getting the best out of what he has but as I've stated earlier sticking with the players who constantly let him down is doing him no favours

Karls
02-10-2020, 10:38 PM
As bad as Connelly is Edwards is worse.

GUNBOAT
02-10-2020, 10:43 PM
Sorry but I grew up watching Legends, So I'm quite critical of most football nowadays but to say everything was ok until tonight is naive. I do believe he is getting the best out of what he has but as I've stated earlier sticking with the players who constantly let him down is doing him no favours

I never said everything was ok,he is sticking with the same players because there appears to be no help for him by the owners of the club.It can actually be argued that the Funsters have done more business than us yet havnie kicked a ba for 7 months and that is nothing short of disgraceful.
Its worth remembering we sold in excess of 5000 season tickets when the FUN had sold less than a fifth of that,where is the the backing for our manager?.

jjaflup22
02-10-2020, 10:45 PM

Agree with this. There have been improvements and a dire display with a brain fart defender does not negate them completely. At the end of the day we have a Championship squad and not a very good one at that. Most of us have said it from day one, we need better quality in many positions and if we don't get that we will be in trouble.

North_Coast_Arab
02-10-2020, 11:03 PM
I never said everything was ok,he is sticking with the same players because there appears to be no help for him by the owners of the club.It can actually be argued that the Funsters have done more business than us yet havnie kicked a ba for 7 months and that is nothing short of disgraceful.
Its worth remembering we sold in excess of 5000 season tickets when the FUN had sold less than a fifth of that,where is the the backing for our manager?.

Will agree with that. Just think his deployment of personnel could be better thus far. Not calling for his head.
He takes training and is seeing the players day to day so I will respect his decisions so far but he must be seeing the same as us. As I've said I don't mind the youngsters making the odd gaffe but we're taking about the senior players making frequent mistakes but i do see what yer saying.

Dave63
03-10-2020, 12:10 AM
I slated the team tonight but agree with you all way with what you saying. I hope MM gets help from owners and we don't see that s*** performance again. Gonna be ups n downs but that was really bad to be at home 1 shot on goal

japanarab
03-10-2020, 02:14 AM
Couple of folk have said Livi are streetwise/organised etc etc. At the end of the day we've played the same and have the same points.

TerryTheTerror
03-10-2020, 07:13 AM
The defensive balls up was bad but that kind of thing can happen. One shot on goal in a match points to something more fundamentally wrong. :(

Sande_Man
03-10-2020, 07:55 AM

Miraculous results - gees peace!

Winning at Motherwell was a great result - when you see they started with 2 points from their first 6 games it puts it in context. They just had a stinking start that we benefitted from. Hardly miraculous

Winning at County another great result: but hardly miraculous either!

MM brazenly declared we’d be the hardest working team and fittest in the league.....so you’d expect that we’d be better in the latter stages of matches!

2nd half results

Dundee United 0-1 St Johnstone (against 10 men)
Dundee United 1-0 Motherwell
Dundee United 0-1 Hibs
Dundee United 1-1 Ross County
Dundee United 0-1 Celtic
Dundee United 0-2 Kilmarnock
Dundee United 0-2 Rangers
Dundee United 1-1 St Mirren (against 10 men)
Dundee United 0-1 Hamilton
Dundee United 0-2 Livingston

That is utterly abysmal reading for supposedly the fittest team regardless of talent levels.

Our 2 worst players this season (imo) are Connolly and Edwards. One was signed by MM an on early evidence is rubbish but deserves time and the other (who you and I have been biggest critics) has proven for years he’s atrociously bad was given a 3 year extension by MM.

MM also states we have been exciting and good to watch! I haven’t seen that in 1 game (despite there being improvements in some aspects).

If truth be told I’m just sick to the back teeth of managers lying and insulting my intelligence (which is of pretty average proportions) and pretending that it’s my (and everyone else’s) eyes that are deceiving!

There’s no doubt MM has been majorly let down by the board (again it’s not entirely their fault either - Covid & hearts etc etc) but please stop with the Spin

Now that the rant is over......

I like MM and expect he’ll do fairly well but to suggest he’s performed miracles is a huge stretch. Hopefully he’ll get the tools he deserves to have a fair crack at the whip!

GUNBOAT
03-10-2020, 08:36 AM
Its worth remembering that posters on here had Connolly down as our MOTM in some of our early games but i do agree that 3 years was way OTT.We needed a really good centre half coming in and i also agree the jury is very much still out on Edwards.

tHeArAb
03-10-2020, 08:44 AM
The defensive balls up was bad but that kind of thing can happen. One shot on goal in a match points to something more fundamentally wrong. :(

And its been that way more than once this season, only previously Shankland wasn't in the team and certain guys on here were sweeping it under the carpet at the time. He's now back and we still can't muster a shot from open play.

I'm now pinning my hopes on an unknown 22 year old coming in and saving the first half of our season.

Arabknight
03-10-2020, 08:46 AM
Awful game. Not one player worthy of praise. We have been found out, but you could see that coming. St mirren Hamilton and livi were the games that in my opinion wld show where we were in relation to competing in this league, and it has clearly shown that we are no where near capable of doing so. I will continue to back MM but he has to stop putting his positive spin on post match interviews! I dnt want him to berate any players but he has to show us that he knows changes have to be made. One shot at home is no way acceptable. The defence is shocking! The lack of link up play is diabolical! and quite clearly as mentioned earlier there is a fundamental issue here that has to be addressed. Next 2 days are *****ly important on the transfer front. Bt we shld have had new faces in before now. Every other team seemed to have manage to do it.

tHeArAb
03-10-2020, 08:50 AM
But we shld have had new faces in before now. Every other team seemed to have manage to do it.

At least the penny seems to be dropping with some folk.

ArabEcky
03-10-2020, 09:04 AM
There are so many problems with that second goal.

Why is Connolly so deep when the ball is punted forward by them? Our defensive line is non existent at that point! You’ve got Bolton, Butcher and Edwards all on the halfway line while Connolly is 15 yards behind all them
Even if you watch the goal again, when Edwards misses the ball, there’s still 4 United players in the half compared to the 1 livi player yet as soon as Connolly makes the mistake it’s suddenly a 3v1 for livi?? Butcher is walking back and it’s his man (Pittman I think?) who wanders forward unchallenged with the ball. Even Bolton let’s Forrest run past him and he ends up on the wrong side and it’s him who eventually ends up scoring

tHeArAb
03-10-2020, 09:13 AM
There are so many problems with that second goal.

Why is Connolly so deep when the ball is punted forward by them? Our defensive line is non existent at that point! You’ve got Bolton, Butcher and Edwards all on the halfway line while Connolly is 15 yards behind all them
Even if you watch the goal again, when Edwards misses the ball, there’s still 4 United players in the half compared to the 1 livi player yet as soon as Connolly makes the mistake it’s suddenly a 3v1 for livi?? Butcher is walking back and it’s his man (Pittman I think?) who wanders forward unchallenged with the ball. Even Bolton let’s Forrest run past him and he ends up on the wrong side and it’s him who eventually ends up scoring

It's an absolute shocker. We have three boys on the halfway line ball watching. Tbf to Edwards he tries to get back but the other two just stand there while three Livi players charge down Connolly.

As for Connolly, all he had to do was let the ball bounce past him and play it back to the keeper or punt it out but no, he decides to try and chest it back into play. Not the first time this season he's tried to be a footballer when the simple option is to clear your lines.

jjaflup22
03-10-2020, 09:25 AM

But it's happened too often with Connolly. Anyone can make a mistake but he's becoming a liability.

tHeArAb
03-10-2020, 09:33 AM
But it's happened too often with Connolly. Anyone can make a mistake but he's becoming a liability.
Hypothetical of course, but you could argue he has cost us 3 points so far this season with his f*ck up against Saints and now this. Yes, as a team we should be doing better, but he isn't helping with these individual errors. There was also his f*ck up vs Killie pre-season.

the_arab
03-10-2020, 09:42 AM

"becoming" jees, he was "becoming" a liability as far back as the play offs v ICT and has continued to be one ever since then. If you play him, you have to accept he will cost us a lot of points over the course of the season due to unecessary individual errors. The sad part is he is actually a decent defender at our level for 89 mins of a game, but he will always have a brain fart which some will be punished.

spikeontheright
03-10-2020, 09:18 PM
Our defence isn't great but as was mentioned earlier, the biggest problem is our lack of ability to create chances. Our midfielders disappear when they need to be showing for the ball, no one links up defence and attack and the lack of composure throughout the team is frightening.

Our game plan should be built around getting the ball, any kind of ball, into the box for Shankland but we didn't do that under Neilson and we're not doing it now. If I was Shankland, I'd be begging my agent to get me a move ASAP.

TerryTheTerror
03-10-2020, 09:30 PM

I don't disagree with that but a bigger concern for me is the fact we are utterly bereft of ideas on how to attack. 1 shot in 90 minutes, 0 from open play, sorry but that is an utter disgrace.

TangerineDream
03-10-2020, 09:45 PM
Utter ****e.

Passing was feking hopeless the whole game.

Positives - Deniz in the goal, Sean Dillon on commentary. Very slight improvement when Appere came on.

RAM1971
03-10-2020, 10:49 PM
I don't disagree with that but a bigger concern for me is the fact we are utterly bereft of ideas on how to attack. 1 shot in 90 minutes, 0 from open play, sorry but that is an utter disgrace.

I'm not sure how you can put such a positive spin on our performance?

offshore_arab83
04-10-2020, 08:15 AM

totally

darrenshedtastic
04-10-2020, 10:40 AM
Been busy for last few days so not been able to comment.

That was a poor show on Friday. Effort and work rate was there but no quality whatsoever. defensively always looked shaky and going forward just non existent. I thought we struggled to deal with their street wise physicality.

Connolly........ what can we say...... this is getting beyond a joke now. This is why i would take Reynolds over connolly everyday of the week. Reynolds isnt great on the ball but 9/10 he will do nothing stupid (st mirren goal aside has been fairly solid imo) Connolly has too many mistakes in him. He is too inconsistent to be a key part of the defence. one interesting thing about the livi winner is the lack of a reaction from the other players. yeah connolly is taking chances but who is getting closer to the ball to help him? no one. waiting to see what happens compared to livi players who are on the front foot. shocking.
Still not convinced by Edwards either. ball in the air then he is decent (he should be hes about 12ft tall) but position wise hes poor, hes fairly slow and just generally not been impressed so far.

Deniz- Good to know we have a solid 2nd choice
Bolton- once liam smith is back the better. hes not a FB too attack minded for me.
Robson- struggled with physicality but not too bad.
Edwards and connolly - see 2nd paragraph
Butcher- struggles to be effective in the team.
Harkes- lacks quality but will run about so yey
Chalmers- struggled due to being doubled up on.
Sporle- done ok but why does he get hooked all the time?
clark- free kick aside dont think he should be starting much imo
Shankland- not going to do anything if given no service

Appere- cant remember him touching the ball tbh
Pawlett- just pointless really

just need to get a grip. that performance was shocking. if RN was in charge then he would have been getting pelters. MM needs to realise that the fans arent watching the same game he says hes watching. "playing good football" -LIES.

Lets hope we maybe get a surprise signing or two in to give the fans a wee boost.

tHeArAb
04-10-2020, 10:45 AM
Chalmers- struggled due to being doubled up on.

Maybe needs to ask Shedboy for some advice?

offshore_arab83
04-10-2020, 11:19 AM
Maybe needs to ask Shedboy for some advice?

:O

offshore_arab83
04-10-2020, 11:49 AM
Here, how's Cammy Smith no getting a sniff these days?

GUNBOAT
04-10-2020, 05:50 PM
It could be worse troops.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/man-utd-tottenham-live-score-22790078

offshore_arab83
04-10-2020, 05:58 PM
Thats a proper pumping

Whitfieldarab
04-10-2020, 06:12 PM
It could be worse troops.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/man-utd-tottenham-live-score-22790078

Horrible result. Not happy...........should've been moreB)