PDA

View Full Version : O/T Rotherham children alert

millertop
01-10-2020, 09:20 AM
Cars trying to pick kids up, one who tried it in Herringthorpe (silver car) has been arrested

There’s now one trying it in Wickersley, black bmw

Just tell your kids to be alert and if possible don’t walk alone

Police/Schools informed

Grist_To_The_Mill
01-10-2020, 12:46 PM
Well there will be quite a few black beemers about, any description of the driver?

millertop
01-10-2020, 02:07 PM
Well there will be quite a few black beemers about, any description of the driver?

Yes, I left it out on a purpose because of certain posters who will jump all over it

Gainsbro_Miller
01-10-2020, 02:45 PM
Yes, I left it out on a purpose because of certain posters who will jump all over it

I shouldn't worry too much about that.

There would be an equal (at least) number of posters who would spring their defence......even if you posted a description of Pol Pot, or similar!!!

sota
01-10-2020, 04:46 PM
Well done for posting the warning Top.

gm_gm
01-10-2020, 05:27 PM
MT where has this been reported? Can’t see it on any newsfeeds

Nothingcomeseasy
01-10-2020, 05:37 PM
I’ve received emails from both school and the dance studio at The Brecks making me aware.
It won’t be reported for the same reasons as things haven’t been reported before.

Brin
01-10-2020, 05:47 PM
Soon would if they were cornered dragged out of their car and beaten to within an inch of their lives, which incidentally is what it needs. The danger there is, you’ve got the right scumbag and not an innocent person.

Grist_To_The_Mill
01-10-2020, 05:48 PM
Soon would if they were cornered dragged out of their car and beaten to within an inch of their lives, which incidentally is what it needs.

But how would you know you've got the right person if there is no description?

rolymiller
01-10-2020, 06:08 PM
Well done cam, back on track again and well done MTop for highlighting this threat to kids.

Grist: yes a full description is needed. All I've heard is a bald man!

Stovicmiller
01-10-2020, 06:35 PM
Have the thought police struck again?. Also quite correct in saying these scumbags need a good kicking.

rolymiller
01-10-2020, 06:38 PM
Of course they do Stovic. Not sure what you mean by the other comment...I think Cam has given us a second chance to keep this on topic without whooshing it over so lets keep it on topic eh?

Brin
01-10-2020, 06:46 PM
But how would you know you've got the right person if there is no description?

Like I said make sure you've got the right person, that would have to come from the kids approached. Actually that's a recipe for disaster.

Grist - scenario. Said scumbag takes a wrong turn in trying to flee and ends up down a dead end road. Cornered by adults of the kids and approached. Do they rag him from the car and give him the hiding he deserves or.......call the police who by sheer action, turn up in 5 minutes?

rolymiller
01-10-2020, 06:50 PM
I dunno Brin, kids tend to say it how it is. Obviously the older the kid the better the description will be. You would also think some adults may be partly witness to it as well.

CAMiller
01-10-2020, 06:53 PM
A bald man driving a BMW. That should narrow it down XD

rolymiller
01-10-2020, 06:54 PM
I'm glad I don't drive a BMW so that rules me out!>;)

millertop
01-10-2020, 07:25 PM
Yes a description would be useful but some are more interested in starting arguments than thinking of the kids

Police have been patrolling today

Brin
01-10-2020, 07:42 PM
Shared this issue with my mate who is a facebook nut. Apparently this story was also on the Sheffield area last week, is this just a scaremongering exercise?

Grist_To_The_Mill
01-10-2020, 07:54 PM
I'm glad I don't drive a BMW so that rules me out!>;)

Maybe not but the police do drive an unmarked black BMW.

millertop
01-10-2020, 07:56 PM
Shared this issue with my mate who is a facebook nut. Apparently this story was also on the Sheffield area last week, is this just a scaremongering exercise?

The one at Herringthorpe was arrested and will appear at court.

Grist_To_The_Mill
01-10-2020, 07:59 PM

Charged and released I assume?

Brin
01-10-2020, 08:00 PM

Where's the proof of all this MT?

millertop
01-10-2020, 08:04 PM

It was on Rotherham north NHP

Man charged with attempted kidnap offences
A 30-year-old man has been charged in connection with multiple incidents reported in the Herringthorpe area of Rotherham earlier this week.
Shamaz Ali, of Clough Road, has been charged with six counts of attempted kidnap, one count of assault with intent to resist lawful apprehension, one count of criminal damage and one count of driving over the prescribed limit.
He appeared before Sheffield Magistrates’ Court today (Saturday 26 September) where he was remanded in custody. He will appear before Sheffield Crown Court on Friday 23 October.
The charges relate to multiple reports of concern received by members of the public in Herringthorpe on Thursday 24 September.

Brin
01-10-2020, 08:19 PM
'He appeared before Sheffield Magistrates’ Court today (Saturday 26 September) '

This is old news not new. Your opening post made it sound like it was the latest news. Still serious enough though to highlight.

Grist_To_The_Mill
Was also reported in ‘Tiser on 24th Sept

A 30-YEAR-old man has been arrested on suspicion of attempted abduction after reportedly approaching a number of people, including students, in his car.

Police said they had received reports from the public from at 8.50am today onwards of a man in a car approaching and speaking to people in the Herringthorpe area.

It was reported some of them were students at local schools, said a police spokeswoman.

"Officers arrested a 30-year-old man on suspicion of attempted abduction, possession of a knife, assault of an emergency worker, escape from lawful custody and criminal damage," added the spokeswoman.

"He remains in police custody."

An investigation is currently underway.

Unless this is a separate incident?

Lolmorgan

Shamaz Ali,Clough Rd will appear at Sheffield Crown Court 23rd Oct 6 counts of attempted kidnap.You sound like raginpup Brin. ;D

millertop
01-10-2020, 08:22 PM
'He appeared before Sheffield Magistrates’ Court today (Saturday 26 September) '

This is old news not new. Your opening post made it sound like it was the latest news. Still serious enough though to highlight.

Old news last week? Luckily he was spotted straight away and was found within a couple of days
The latest one is the black car which was yesterday, let’s hope this one is found just as quick

Grist_To_The_Mill
01-10-2020, 08:29 PM
So there we are, night of December 24th and there are reports of a flying object being pulled by animals bouncing off the roofs of Rawmarsh

Police give warnings out about sleighs but with no description of the “driver”

Brin
01-10-2020, 08:35 PM
Shamaz Ali,Clough Rd will appear at Sheffield Crown Court 23rd Oct 6 counts of attempted kidnap.You sound like raginpup Brin. ;D

F.uckin likely!

sota
02-10-2020, 12:21 AM
Sorry for being drawn in on such an important thread CA, I should know better and will stick to footy and music from now on.

Grist_To_The_Mill
02-10-2020, 12:23 AM
Sorry for being drawn in on such an important thread CA, I should know better and will stick to footy and music from now on.

Something else you know nowt about XD

(Only kidding)

sota
02-10-2020, 12:48 AM
Ha ha Grist, so true. I notice that your avatar is the Rotherham United plaque similar to the one I have. Mine is made of solid brass and takes pride of place in Sota Towers. I really don't know much about it, only that my mate in the Mature Millers got it for me and that it's a representation of the old Football Class locos. Any idea how they came about and how many were made? Sorry for wandering off topic.

Shark27
02-10-2020, 06:48 AM
There has been a recent case. Someone on Sycamore Avenue, Wickersley tried to persuade a ****ager to get into the car. Local school sent a text message to parents on Wednesday of this week and a reminder to inform children of "stranger danger" yesterday.

I have no description of the person involved.

millertop
02-10-2020, 10:29 AM
I don’t know what went off but I’ve noticed there is some deleted posts.
Sad sad people.

I won’t be posting warnings on here again so I suggest if you have kids then learn them to be alert.

Grist_To_The_Mill
02-10-2020, 10:44 AM
I don’t know what went off but I’ve noticed there is some deleted posts.
Sad sad people.

I won’t be posting warnings on here again so I suggest if you have kids then learn them to be alert.

Agree, one of mine was deleted

I only asked if there was a description of the BMW driver.

Not much point just telling my granddaughter to avoid black BMWs considering the police themselves have at least 1 in their fleet of unmarked cars.

Stovicmiller
02-10-2020, 11:15 AM
I mentioned yesterday that the thought police had been at it again. I noticed same posts had been deleted. This site will be poorer for it.

ragingpup
02-10-2020, 11:28 AM
I don't think there would be a problem with anyone sharing an official news link containing the description. From what I saw it was just people speculating - how would that help anyone identify the criminal?

I think the OP was enough unless anyone had clear and official info as to what people should be looking out for. Otherwise it just becomes yet another thread for people to air their usual views

Stovicmiller
02-10-2020, 11:49 AM
Wild guess but it's only my opinion but the fella in the black car will be Asian,Eastern Europeon or African. If he's not then ill say sorry now and get it out of the way.

ragingpup
02-10-2020, 12:20 PM
Wild guess but it's only my opinion but the fella in the black car will be Asian,Eastern Europeon or African. If he's not then ill say sorry now and get it out of the way.

Yep, just like that...

Think if you woz a copper though that some offenders would slip through your net:

https://www.thestar.co.uk/news/these-are-some-***-offenders-sentenced-south-yorkshire-over-last-year-115284

Think this post, a very valid one wanting to notify us of a real danger has denigrated into the usual *******s and should be moved to the other board.

millertop
02-10-2020, 12:43 PM
Or you both could move to the other page and start a thread.

This was to alert

Stovicmiller
02-10-2020, 12:44 PM
Yep, just like that...

Think if you woz a copper though that some offenders would slip through your net:

https://www.thestar.co.uk/news/these-are-some-***-offenders-sentenced-south-yorkshire-over-last-year-115284

Think this post, a very valid one wanting to notify us of a real danger has denigrated into the usual *******s and should be moved to the other board. 😂😂😂

rolymiller
02-10-2020, 01:08 PM

Bur why guess? Wait for the facts. Its simple enough. What would happen if someone read your post and then they have their eye out for that type of person and ignore potential white criminals then it actually turns our to be someone who IS white. There are *****philes of all races/ colours...

There is just no need to speculate is there?

Stovicmiller
02-10-2020, 01:15 PM
Seems like I've upset the usual suspects. Ask me if I'm bothered.

rolymiller
02-10-2020, 01:19 PM
Not upset at all Stovic. What would you say if someone said "I would guess that the guy in the car looked like Stovicmiller!"

you may be right in what you are saying but until we know for sure it is pointless speculating. Time will tell...

The point is children are potentially in danger from a potential *****phile. That is the most important thing surely...the colour of his skin does not make him any less a *****phile...

For me Stovic its dead simple. If you think something you are going to post on here is likely to be contested just put it straight on the political thread site.

I know myself when I put stuff on which is about Boris or Brexit for example that somebody will disagree with me eg you. So I put it straight on the political thread page. Its pointless putting it on here and it would get whooshed off and rightly so.

Stovicmiller
02-10-2020, 01:59 PM
I'll go and sit on the naughty step now.

rolymiller
02-10-2020, 02:42 PM
Tha not naughty. Just put your views in the correct bit.

Camiller is trying to make this part of the site more friendly while at the same time allowing folks to vent their spleen if they want on the other part.

I think that's fair and I am trying to do my bit by keeping my political views off this bit as are others.

I think it is working well so far and would thank Camiller for this idea and all posters for trying to follow the new rules. I think this will encourage fans to return on here particularly those who don't want politics ramming down their throats when they want to talk about the millers instead.

No one is being silenced for their political views, and rightly so, but it is only fair that as a footie site that should get priority for those who only want to talk about just that. I think it gives us the best of both worlds.

So if you want to call me a currant, as many do, do it on the politics site, feel free as I'm sure you will...XD

Grist_To_The_Mill
02-10-2020, 03:37 PM
Tha not naughty. Just put your views in the correct bit.

Camiller is trying to make this part of the site more friendly while at the same time allowing folks to vent their spleen if they want on the other part.

I think that's fair and I am trying to do my bit by keeping my political views off this bit as are others.

I think it is working well so far and would thank Camiller for this idea and all posters for trying to follow the new rules. I think this will encourage fans to return on here particularly those who don't want politics ramming down their throats when they want to talk about the millers instead.

No one is being silenced for their political views, and rightly so, but it is only fair that as a footie site that should get priority for those who only want to talk about just that. I think it gives us the best of both worlds.

So if you want to call me a currant, as many do, do it on the politics site, feel free as I'm sure you will...XD

Still can't see why this is political

rolymiller
02-10-2020, 04:09 PM
As a thread it is not but some comments are to do with the politics of race. Pop over to the politics site and I will explain. I don't want to discuss it here because that would mean I am being political

Grist_To_The_Mill
02-10-2020, 04:18 PM
As a thread it is not but some comments are to do with the politics of race. Pop over to the politics site and I will explain. I don't want to discuss it here because that would mean I am being political

No, won't bother

Brainwashing to think a certain way doesn't float my boat

CAMiller
02-10-2020, 04:28 PM
Bur why guess? Wait for the facts. Its simple enough. What would happen if someone read your post and then they have their eye out for that type of person and ignore potential white criminals then it actually turns our to be someone who IS white. There are *****philes of all races/ colours...

There is just no need to speculate is there?

Just a point to note Roly. Last time I looked Eastern Europeans were white and there are many white Asians so specific colour wasn't mentioned.

rolymiller
02-10-2020, 04:29 PM
No, won't bother

Brainwashing to think a certain way doesn't float my boat

Who will be brainwashing? I give my opinion, you give yours. I could argue that you are trying to brain wash me with your views. If you don't want to discuss it that's up to you of course

The thing is this is the "lets talk footie and be nice to each other bit of the board" which by the way you yourself endorsed. So far I think it is working well because generally folks who might argue about other things are finding summat they have in common eg the millers- even me and thee I hasten to add.

Shark27
02-10-2020, 05:43 PM
I think this thread has a place on the Rotherham Utd forum just to remind us to tell our children to be careful.

Like I said earlier, local school(s) in wickersley (probably Bramley etc. too) texted parents to remind their children about the dangers. There was no description of the perpetrator.

Everyone should be reminded of this. Not just people who talk about politics.

ragingpup
02-10-2020, 06:27 PM
I think this thread has a place on the Rotherham Utd forum just to remind us to tell our children to be careful.

Like I said earlier, local school(s) in wickersley (probably Bramley etc. too) texted parents to remind their children about the dangers. There was no description of the perpetrator.

I agree Sharky but it turned into a round of rather nasty assumptions of the race of the criminal, which turned it political. This happened before any counter arguments - it was these assumptions that made this another boring political post that we can do without, or at least one that we can live with but away from the footy board. CAM/Frog were right to move it. The race obsessive are always going to try and shoehorn race politics into posts. You could see it was going to happen but sad to see it happen anyway. Shame that it couldn't just be left as the warning it was intended to be, only added to when we got reliable news footage or any leads to criminal identity.

CAMiller
02-10-2020, 06:43 PM
Agree, one of mine was deleted

I only asked if there was a description of the BMW driver.

Not much point just telling my granddaughter to avoid black BMWs considering the police themselves have at least 1 in their fleet of unmarked cars.

My apologies Grist. That was my mistake.

rolymiller
02-10-2020, 06:44 PM
Agree it is a shame that an important thread cannot be discussed without bringing up race. Surely the priority is to protect kids from *****philes whoever they may be...

CAMiller
02-10-2020, 06:45 PM

I totally agree and I tried to steer it that way but by the time I got online today there was too much on the thread to try and clean it up so as I stated last week I'm going to move threads once they turn the way it did.

Shark27
02-10-2020, 07:09 PM
I totally agree and I tried to steer it that way but by the time I got online today there was too much on the thread to try and clean it up so as I stated last week I'm going to move threads once they turn the way it did.

Yep, I can see why you wanted to clean it up. Threads like this should have one purpose and that is to keep our community vigilant.

millertop
09-10-2020, 06:35 PM
UPDATE: A 28-year-old man from Rotherham has been arrested in relation to this investigation and bailed while enquiries continue.

At this time, we do not believe that these incidents are connected to any previous incidents of suspicious activity in the town and we ask the public not to speculate while proceedings are active.

rolymiller
10-10-2020, 03:02 PM
"we ask the public not to speculate while proceedings are active".

Exactly the point...

great_fire
24-10-2020, 09:37 AM
"Man denies trying to kidnap six females in one day in Rotherham"

Two were school girls.

https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/news/local-news/rotherham-attempted-kidnappings-sheffield-court-19154185