PDA

View Full Version : We are tinpot, an embarrassment!

TheRiddler
03-10-2020, 03:28 PM
No ambition, so what’s the point!? The point of the game is to win as much as possible against the best possible teams. But not in Barnsley’s world, no yo yoing between league 1 & the championship seems to be the remit. Anything higher & it’s nosebleed territory. Forget about trying to consolidate, forget about trying to build year on year, forget about trying to replicate the 96/97 season, forget trying to play in the Premier league! Surely that should be the ultimate goal for any team? Especially teams of our stature. Look at Burnley & Huddersfield for example. But no, these pathetic owners won’t show any sort of ambition, & look where we’re heading now, another relegation battle, another management appointment to make! It sickens me even more that the happy clappers over on that useless BBS site stick up for em!
Anyway I’m done. Until we start showing some fcuking ambition!

donny tyke
03-10-2020, 03:49 PM
No ambition, so what’s the point!? The point of the game is to win as much as possible against the best possible teams. But not in Barnsley’s world, no yo yoing between league 1 & the championship seems to be the remit. Anything higher & it’s nosebleed territory. Forget about trying to consolidate, forget about trying to build year on year, forget about trying to replicate the 96/97 season, forget trying to play in the Premier league! Surely that should be the ultimate goal for any team? Especially teams of our stature. Look at Burnley & Huddersfield for example. But no, these pathetic owners won’t show any sort of ambition, & look where we’re heading now, another relegation battle, another management appointment to make! It sickens me even more that the happy clappers over on that useless BBS site stick up for em!
Anyway I’m done. Until we start showing some fcuking ambition!

Dont think there will be any battle from barnsley. More of relegation whimper

SBRed48
03-10-2020, 04:25 PM
The lack of reaction and comment on here tells thi all tha needs to know.

These owners have killed our club.

Nowt else to say.

EastStandRed
03-10-2020, 04:53 PM
A mix of COVID and this ownership have created total apathy amongst the vast majority of fans

Romared
03-10-2020, 05:09 PM
That Statement from Conman " nothing crazy " ? how CRAZY has it got ? Turn Leets OFF , OUR CLUB HAS BEEN RUINED BY YOUR GREED ,

Exiletyke
03-10-2020, 05:54 PM
Can someone define "tinpot"

POGGYWELL
03-10-2020, 05:59 PM
Can someone define "tinpot"

A pot made of tin apparently I think there’s a few under the old West Stand.

Barnsley Chop
03-10-2020, 06:03 PM
tinpot. adjective (Brit. informal) second-rate, second-class, paltry, miserable, pathetic, inferior,

POGGYWELL
03-10-2020, 06:40 PM
tinpot. adjective (Brit. informal) second-rate, second-class, paltry, miserable, pathetic, inferior,

Well that’s not BFC surely.

Exiletyke
03-10-2020, 07:05 PM

Thanks BC we are tinpot

Acido
04-10-2020, 12:22 AM
Have we even got a wee tin pot to pee in, or does Chien & co own them and even earns money on us having to 'spend a penny' ?. :P
Im joking of course, but it's getting to that sarcy and couldn't care less time again for me, and this was the case for the first half of last season.