PDA

View Full Version : No wonder it's grim up North...

The Bedlington Terrier
08-10-2020, 07:34 AM
Pubs and restaurants in the North of England are ready to be locked down again from Monday, but the South remains open for business.

One rule for the riff-raff and one for the Tory elite... :mad:

https://www.theneweuropean.co.uk/brexit-news/westminster-news/number-of-tory-seats-avoid-lockdown-writes-the-sunday-times-1455322

Supersub6
08-10-2020, 08:05 AM
Pubs and restaurants in the North of England are ready to be locked down again from Monday, but the South remains open for business.

One rule for the riff-raff and one for the Tory elite... :mad:

https://www.theneweuropean.co.uk/brexit-news/westminster-news/number-of-tory-seats-avoid-lockdown-writes-the-sunday-times-1455322

So many errors in that report BT, not least:- "Emails between health officials leaked to the Sunday Times show there is growing pressure to explain why large parts of the Midlands and the North are under local lockdowns while seats such as the prime minster's in Oxbridge and South Ruislip were being "treated differently"." ----and there are plenty of others!

Too many wrong notes as far as I am concerned ---why can they not get it right?

The Bedlington Terrier
08-10-2020, 08:48 AM
One of my colleagues from Hastings is having a week up in Manchester for training purposes.

He openly admits it's a different world up here and actually said, and I kid you not, "It's bloody grim up North!"

I've some bad news for him later this morning, he's got to be back here on Monday lunchtime for some "additional training" from me! :O

Supersub6
08-10-2020, 01:33 PM
One of my colleagues from Hastings is having a week up in Manchester for training purposes.

He openly admits it's a different world up here and actually said, and I kid you not, "It's bloody grim up North!"

I've some bad news for him later this morning, he's got to be back here on Monday lunchtime for some "additional training" from me! :O

BT --make him bloody suffer!
I lived in Germany for 8 years, Weston -super-Mare, North Yorkshire and then the outskirts of London for 12 years before moving up here to the north east in 1988. I loved Germany but, without doubt, Northumberland is definitely the best place to live ---even sinkov ejoys coming up here!

The Bedlington Terrier
08-10-2020, 02:02 PM
I lived in Germany for 8 years, Weston -super-Mare, North Yorkshire and then the outskirts of London for 12 years before moving up here to the north east in 1988. I loved Germany but, without doubt, Northumberland is definitely the best place to live ---even sinkov ejoys coming up here!

I must admit Supersub6 that top right hand corner of England takes some beating, but the folk make it what it is.

I've mentioned this before, but I'll add it again, the Child Bride had never been to Newcastle and I can count 7 or 8 Geordies in the "best mates" category.

She has not stopped since rattling on about what belting people live in your neck of the woods and when can we go again? :?

Supersub6
08-10-2020, 03:03 PM
I must admit Supersub6 that top right hand corner of England takes some beating, but the folk make it what it is.

I've mentioned this before, but I'll add it again, the Child Bride had never been to Newcastle and I can count 7 or 8 Geordies in the "best mates" category.

She has not stopped since rattling on about what belting people live in your neck of the woods and when can we go again? :?

That is great to read BT. I was lucky because I married one of those belting people 53 years ago yesterday and I was welcomed into her family and have since gone on to have lots of friends, many through my involvement with local football. Cracking place ---now you know why I am always happy!

sinkov
08-10-2020, 06:36 PM
Have to agree with Sub and BT, you can shove your airport security and long haul flights right up as far as they'll go, the North East will do for me. And Mrs S says the same. so it must be right. Glorious beaches and the most genuine, friendly people you could wish to meet, even the sun shines sometimes, what more could you want.

Norder
08-10-2020, 07:00 PM

Germany in the 80's Sub ?.....can ok that - a fine place to be, no struggle - the people, the quality of life - blighty was labored by comparison.

Folk should remember - they have a choice - and if enough get together, give them the finger, show them who's the boss - then there's fack all they can do - especially when your livlihood is on the line, and your roof - As before, these goons aren't interested in our well being, would need to have been asleep all your days to believe that.

;D

Supersub6
08-10-2020, 09:52 PM

Germany in the 80's Sub ?.....can ok that - a fine place to be, no struggle - the people, the quality of life - blighty was labored by comparison.

Folk should remember - they have a choice - and if enough get together, give them the finger, show them who's the boss - then there's fack all they can do - especially when your livlihood is on the line, and your roof - As before, these goons aren't interested in our well being, would need to have been asleep all your days to believe that.

;D

I was there 1967-71 and again from 1974 to 1978 so before the halcyon days but it was still great and particularly because I took the trouble to learn the language and see the country and many other parts of Europe where I was allowed to go!

The Bedlington Terrier
10-10-2020, 03:49 AM
Then again you could just join a Tory backed, taxpayer paid for Stag Hunt...

https://www.thelondoneconomic.com/news/over-120-people-meet-for-stag-hunt-that-got-10000-grant-50000-taxpayer-backed-coronavirus-loan/20/09/?fbclid=IwAR3B1gNWV_YOJxFoOTIPp5Yc7-o6b2rHHGPjJ0HXcmnapyFWYNf2frWU2m8

The Bedlington Terrier
10-10-2020, 03:53 AM
Just to clear up the Covid rules...

sinkov
10-10-2020, 10:09 AM
"In news that will shock many The Independent reported that around 130 people met for a stag hunt. The publication reports that almost all none of the attendees were wearing masks which critics have said “made a mockery of the social sacrifices” of others to limit the spread of coronavirus."

Boris and his lunatics are uniting the country, plebs in Bolton and toffs in Devon are telling the cretin to shove his moronic, useless rules up his arse, and are getting on with enjoying their lives as best they can. Tally Ho !!! XD

Balanbam00
10-10-2020, 12:06 PM
Revolution time, Come on!! ''ta da da da da dah di dah dah ( Its celebration time come on!!) get rid of them !!!
_-_-_-_-_-_-_
As Bhishma warns the moralist ruler Yudhishthira in the Mahabharata. The Indian epic

Hear, O King, what the foundation is of sin and vice. Greed alone is a great destroyer (of merit and goodness). From greed proceeds sin or vice. It is from this source that sin and vice and unrighteousness flow, together with great misery. This greed is the spring of also all the cunning and hypocrisy in the world. It is greed that makes men commit sin.

From greed proceeds wrath; from greed flows lust, and it is from greed that loss of judgement, deception, pride, arrogance, and malice, as also vindictiveness, shamelessness, loss of prosperity, loss of virtue, anxiety, and infamy spring, miserliness, cupidity, desire for every kind of improper act, pride of birth, pride of learning, pride of beauty, pride of wealth, pitilessness for all creatures, malevolence towards all, mistrust in respect of all, insincerity towards all, appropriation of other people’s wealth, ravishment of other people’s wives, harshness of speech, anxiety, propensity to speak ill of others, violent craving for the indulgence of lust, gluttony, liability to premature death, violent propensity towards malice, irresistible liking for falsehood, unconquerable appetite for indulging in the passions, insatiable desire for indulging the ear [in slanderous gossip], evil-speaking, boastfulness, arrogance, non-doing of duties, rashness, and perpetration of every kind of evil act,–all these proceed from greed.

In life, men are unable, whether infants or youth or adults, to abandon greed. Such is the nature of greed that it never decays even with the decay of life. Like the ocean that can never be filled by the constant discharge of even innumerable rivers of immeasurable depths, greed is incapable of being gratified by acquisitions to any extent. The greed, however, which is never gratified by acquisitions and satiated by the accomplishment of desires, that which is not known in its real nature by the gods.

Even persons of great learning who bear in their minds all the voluminous scriptures, and who are competent to dispel the doubts of others, show themselves in this respect to be of weak understanding and feel great misery in consequence of this passion.
Greedy men are wedded to envy and anger. They are outside the pale of good behaviour. Of crooked hearts, the speeches they utter are sweet. They resemble, therefore, dark pits whose mouths are covered with grass. Of low minds, they rob the world, setting up (if need be) the standard of religion and virtue. Relying upon the strength of apparent reasons, they create diverse kinds of schisms in religion. Intent upon accomplishing the purposes of cupidity, they destroy the ways of righteousness. When wicked-souled persons under the domination of greed apparently practise the duties of righteousness, the consequence that results is that the desecration committed by them soon become current among men. Pride, anger, arrogance, insensibility, paroxysms of joy and sorrow, and self-importance, all these, are to be seen in persons swayed by greed. Know that they who are always under the influence of greed are wicked.