PDA

View Full Version : Managers.

ROMA84
10-10-2020, 11:00 PM
We have had 23 managers since Wee Jim ( wiki), as a club we cant just sack managers every time results are not going our way. Yes todays result was shambolic even though we fielded a younger team. MM needs to get it sorted this week and the rest of the season or we will be back playing Championship derbies up the road next season.

GUNBOAT
11-10-2020, 07:10 AM
We have had 23 managers since Wee Jim ( wiki), as a club we cant just sack managers every time results are not going our way. Yes todays result was shambolic even though we fielded a younger team. MM needs to get it sorted this week and the rest of the season or we will be back playing Championship derbies up the road next season.

A tradesman is only as good as the tools in his box and Micky is now finding out that some of the tools need to be replaced.Its just a pity that the League Cup didn't start first as normal because the transfer window would still have been open.

GUNBOAT
11-10-2020, 07:20 AM
I think whoever took over from Neilson must have been told by the owner that most of this season's budget was spent last season on LOA etc to get us up and keep us up.
Its easy for us to say we needed 5 players better than we already have but i suspect even if Micky agrees with our sentiments the owner and his sporting director clearly do not.
I stand by what i posted a couple of weeks ago,the ambition shown by the owner is for first season survival rather than top 6,i base that purely on our business done in the transfer window.

TerryTheTerror
11-10-2020, 07:42 AM
I think whoever took over from Neilson must have been told by the owner that most of this season's budget was spent last season on LOA etc to get us up and keep us up.
Its easy for us to say we needed 5 players better than we already have but i suspect even if Micky agrees with our sentiments the owner and his sporting director clearly do not.
I stand by what i posted a couple of weeks ago,the ambition shown by the owner is for first season survival rather than top 6,i base that purely on our business done in the transfer window.

The global pandemic and it's affect on, not just sport, but probably our owners businesses can't just be forgotten about.

GUNBOAT
11-10-2020, 08:49 AM
The global pandemic and it's affect on, not just sport, but probably our owners businesses can't just be forgotten about.

I agree 100% Terence and was not being critical in my observation's.

GUNBOAT
11-10-2020, 08:53 AM
Just to add to that,i really don't think some posters realise how difficult it is to get rid of players you do not want especially now when other club's either don't rate them or can't afford them..

Utd83
11-10-2020, 10:31 AM
I agree we need new players however I think if players can not give 100% while we are in this pandemic and can not fight in every game for utd then we should get rid. If I turned up at work and put in 50% I'd get pulled up and told buck up or find a new job. I can take losing a game if we played 100% but we were outplayed by a well organised team who wanted to win. We were on a Sunday walk. I want to see fight and passion . We have time to improve and hopefully we will see a reaction

ianharab
11-10-2020, 02:05 PM
That team yesterday should have been good enough to win the game , the manager has come in and as many would have done has given the guys that won promotion a chance , he is now finding out , after a decent start , some are just not good enough , he said himself after the game , some got a chance and didn't take it , it will take more than one transfer window to clear the decks