PDA

View Full Version : Sean for England?

oldcolner
15-10-2020, 07:22 PM
Sean Dyche has been installed as the clear favourite to take over from Gareth Southgate as next permanent
England national team manager.

https://www.burnleyexpress.net/sport/football/burnley-boss-sean-dyche-installed-favourite-england-job-3004969

alfinyalcabo
15-10-2020, 07:35 PM
Garlic would be happy with that,get him out of his hair.

Supersub6
15-10-2020, 08:56 PM
I can't see Sean ever becoming England manager because 'they' want Engalnd to play a different type of football to the old English way and Sean would revert to doing what we were always best at. You need to be able to pass it 20 times before getting out of your third of the pitch before putting it out of play. Alternatively you have to include your keeper in at least 10 of those passes ---not for Sean!

oldcolner
15-10-2020, 09:34 PM
I can't see Sean ever becoming England manager because 'they' want Engalnd to play a different type of football to the old English way and Sean would revert to doing what we were always best at. You need to be able to pass it 20 times before getting out of your third of the pitch before putting it out of play. Alternatively you have to include your keeper in at least 10 of those passes ---not for Sean!

Bookies only reflect what punters put their money on. The post isn’t even vacant ..... though the manager is!!
I agree with you super sub. Not a man that likes big egos, he’d have a dressing room full.
Jumping in the river for bonding fines would work well in the Thames😀

Norder
15-10-2020, 09:35 PM

perhaps not a good idea to inflict his Burnley game on the rest of the planet - there's absolutely no justification to advocate that internationally.

https://media.tenor.com/images/dfd5463012520de18fbcbb9f9d86ebc8/tenor.gif

XD

sinkov
15-10-2020, 09:46 PM
Bookies trying to part mugs from their money, like they do. There is no vacancy and there isn't likely to be one for a year or two yet.

Supersub6
15-10-2020, 10:32 PM

perhaps not a good idea to inflict his Burnley game on the rest of the planet - there's absolutely no justification to advocate that internationally.

https://media.tenor.com/images/dfd5463012520de18fbcbb9f9d86ebc8/tenor.gif

XD

norder ---I am not talking about the Burnley way, I am talking about the old Engalnd way, you know the way that the Danes beat us last night. Instead of passing sideways and backwards they were very efficient in looking to move forward at every opportunity and it worked because they realised that they score goals in the opponents goal which is achieved by going forward ---not sideways and backwards. It isn't rocket science.

Norder
16-10-2020, 12:21 AM

norder ---I am not talking about the Burnley way, I am talking about the old Engalnd way, you know the way that the Danes beat us last night. Instead of passing sideways and backwards they were very efficient in looking to move forward at every opportunity and it worked because they realised that they score goals in the opponents goal which is achieved by going forward ---not sideways and backwards. It isn't rocket science.

only seen the highlights so I cant really comment - Sub....but from what you say, it seems Denmark we're more direct, England were dilly-dallying - even then, the game was won against 10 men with a dubious pen - but if England lack creativity, then W-L-D, there'd be little to be joyful about anyway....seems par for the course across the modern game, its impeded .....with players so far up their overpaid shampood ars@ - steered by ego stuffed managers who "Never" get it wrong, imo.

;D

The Bedlington Terrier
16-10-2020, 06:40 AM
Bookies trying to part mugs from their money, like they do. There is no vacancy and there isn't likely to be one for a year or two yet.

Either Gerrard or Lampard are nailed on anyway. :(

sinkov
16-10-2020, 02:45 PM
Either Gerrard or Lampard are nailed on anyway. :(

I suppose Gerrard might be bored with the two horse race in Scotland, but why Frank would leave Chelsea for a part time job like England manager I've no idea. And Sean would have one big selling point for the FA, he'd come cheap.

The Bedlington Terrier
16-10-2020, 03:00 PM
Garlic would be happy with that,get him out of his hair.

There is not a single strand of evidence to suggest that Garlick wants Dyche out. Personally I think that speculation is just bollox.

barrie_burn
16-10-2020, 03:14 PM
Probably one of the few jobs that Sean would leave us for if it was offered.Some of the players wouldn't be too keen,mess about and you're out.
Tarkowski centre half,Tripps full back,Pope in goal - and he's good at talking for 10 minutes without saying anything.Stroke your chin Sean and say it's a learning curve,you'll get £6K a year for a part time job,can;t be all bad.

Supersub6
16-10-2020, 03:15 PM
Probably one of the few jobs that Sean would leave us for if it was offered.Some of the players wouldn't be too keen,mess about and you're out.
Tarkowski centre half,Tripps full back,Pope in goal - and he's good at talking for 10 minutes without saying anything.Stroke your chin Sean and say it's a learning curve,you'll get £6K a year for a part time job,can;t be all bad.

barrie --I hope that they would be paying more than £6K a year to do that thankless task!

barrie_burn
16-10-2020, 03:18 PM
Sorry should have been £6 million,mind you I'd do it for £6k plus expenses.

Supersub6
16-10-2020, 03:20 PM

barrie ---I didn't realise that you were a masochist!

barrie_burn
16-10-2020, 04:58 PM
I'm not but my expenses would be eye watering,I'd be eating and drinking in all the best places with guests (Sorry media who I had to deal with).

sinkov
16-10-2020, 10:27 PM

Barrie, you can't be England manager with a name like barrie_burn, it won't do mate, you sound far too much like you're a Scottish poet or something. ;D

barrie_burn
17-10-2020, 12:24 PM
Barrie, you can't be England manager with a name like barrie_burn, it won't do mate, you sound far too much like you're a Scottish poet or something. ;D

Scottish poet?

You have obviously not been on the Maes and are unaware of the Cystadleuaeth that I won and seen me at the Gorsedd of the Bards at the National Eisteddfod of Wales,not a bad achievement for a Lancashire boy.

I could be the Manager of England or Wales - no problem.

army88
17-10-2020, 01:21 PM
There is not a single strand of evidence to suggest that Garlick wants Dyche out. Personally I think that speculation is just bollox.

Except that they as a board refuse to back him , have publicly humiliated him , and said we’re not afraid if he moves on

Other than that not a sniff of them trying to force him out.

The Bedlington Terrier
17-10-2020, 02:03 PM
I think if either as individuals or as a collective our Board of Directors "publicly humiliated him", each and every one would get a proper smack in the mouth before SD headed off home - don't you? :mad:

malwayne
17-10-2020, 09:13 PM
Scottish poet?

You have obviously not been on the Maes and are unaware of the Cystadleuaeth that I won and seen me at the Gorsedd of the Bards at the National Eisteddfod of Wales,not a bad achievement for a Lancashire boy.

I could be the Manager of England or Wales - no problem.
Barrie. The only Maes they know in Lancashire , is associated with a piece of cheese or a mouse trap !