PDA

View Full Version : Are we oot o' the League Cup

Jim_Jam
12-11-2020, 12:03 AM
The eight group winners and four best runners-up progress into the second round, where they are joined by the four clubs participating in UEFA competitions

Dundee United gd4 8pts

So two Second positioned teams already have 9 points.

Raith are going to beat Cowdenbeath and will be better off than us on 8 points if they win by 5 Probably won't

St Mirren have to beat Queens Park to progress, but in that group Partick and Morton both have to win by 3 clear goals or more to be above usProbably won't

this leaves Arbroath to lose to Elgin by one goal or two but not 3 or draw

Alloa have to beat Stenhousemuir which is likely

So we will be still in cup if either Arbroath or Alloa fail to win.

GUNBOAT
12-11-2020, 06:17 AM
Following the USA election last week was easier than the above but i think we are trumped.We could still declare ourselves winners of course and demand a by hand recount of Peterhead.

If they need any help i am willing to work on our shots on target/goals for and against desk.

tHeArAb
12-11-2020, 06:23 AM
The eight group winners and four best runners-up progress into the second round, where they are joined by the four clubs participating in UEFA competitions

Dundee United gd4 8pts

So two Second positioned teams already have 9 points.

Raith are going to beat Cowdenbeath and will be better off than us on 8 points if they win by 5 Probably won't

St Mirren have to beat Queens Park to progress, but in that group Partick and Morton both have to win by 3 clear goals or more to be above usProbably won't

this leaves Arbroath to lose to Elgin by one goal or two but not 3 or draw

Alloa have to beat Stenhousemuir which is likely

So we will be still in cup if either Arbroath or Alloa fail to win.

Surely if Arbroath lose to Elgin by whatever scoreline we go below Elgin? They will be on 9 points, us 8.

TerryTheTerror
12-11-2020, 07:40 AM
Surely if Arbroath lose to Elgin by whatever scoreline we go below Elgin? They will be on 9 points, us 8.

Yes.

JamesMcClean
12-11-2020, 07:49 AM
The defeat to Peterhead done for us in terms of qualifying. Based on the level of opposition and of performance that day we are rightly going out.

TerryTheTerror
12-11-2020, 08:10 AM
The defeat to Peterhead done for us in terms of qualifying. Based on the level of opposition and of performance that day we are rightly going out.

Actually I agree, we were abject that day and not much better against Kelty Hearts...

Shedboy1971
12-11-2020, 09:41 AM
Following the USA election last week was easier than the above but i think we are trumped.We could still declare ourselves winners of course and demand a by hand recount of Peterhead.

If they need any help i am willing to work on our shots on target/goals for and against desk.

XD

AraBrian
12-11-2020, 10:13 AM

Arbroath draw against elgin would suit us just fine.

Shedboy1971
12-11-2020, 11:12 AM
I never thought id see the day (yet again!!!) when we talk of our rivals the mighty Peterhead, Arbroath, Kelty Hearts and Elgin keeping us from next round of the cup. Sometimes i wonder of the 80s were just a fantasy dream lol

FTFun
12-11-2020, 11:32 AM
It's the hope that kills you. same as Scotland tonight.

TerryTheTerror
12-11-2020, 11:53 AM
It's the hope that kills you. same as Scotland tonight.

Does anyone have any confidence Scotland will do it tonight? :)

stokearab
12-11-2020, 12:11 PM

Confidence, no. But it's a possible/could be/maybe, if all the beaks go our way. Fraser will be a miss. Not having their scummyfans in the stadium helps a bit. 25% chance imo

jjaflup22
12-11-2020, 12:52 PM

Yes

I think... 😂

GUNBOAT
14-11-2020, 04:49 PM
Alloa who were 0-2 down after an hour have come back to lead 4-2 in the dying minutes and that seals our fate i think.

petermackie
14-11-2020, 07:46 PM
Alloa who were 0-2 down after an hour have come back to lead 4-2 in the dying minutes and that seals our fate i think.

Happy to confirm GB that is now a FACT...treble aff for another season 😀

GUNBOAT
14-11-2020, 08:52 PM
Happy to confirm GB that is now a FACT...treble aff for another season ��

It was Peter head Peter.

petermackie
14-11-2020, 08:53 PM
It was Peter head Peter.

😃😃😃