PDA

View Full Version : Swansea City Post Match Thoughts

CAMiller
21-11-2020, 05:01 PM
Well the pack was shuffled again, and then again and still to no avail. Match stats and result suggests it was a close game and we threw the kitchen sink at them in the end but still no goal from our 'strikeforce'. Results below us went our way so still 19th and there's still only 3pts between us and 14th. As Barnsley have shown a couple of wins and the world looks a different place. Question is, can we do the same?

Thoughts?

Brin
21-11-2020, 05:08 PM
Thought today was poor in the first half but we rallied and took the game to Swansea in the second half. The commentators on TV both praised us for our display and admitted at times how much we had broke up their play and turned the game around. Praise indeed.

The thing is we need goals and I simply cannot see who is going to deliver them? Say what you like but Hurst brings nothing to our forward line, there I've said it, time for Smith to also move on, f.uck the tin hat let me have it.

Nice to see Clarke get a run out. Blackman pulled off some good saves. Errr.....errrrr.....errrrrr......all huff and puff with nothing to show for it. It's going to be a very tough season and I hope Warne is ready to move some players on come January and bring Kayode back in to the fold.

rileyev.the.third
21-11-2020, 05:12 PM
Well the pack was shuffled again, and then again and still to no avail. Match stats and result suggests it was a close game and we threw the kitchen sink at them in the end but still no goal from our 'strikeforce'. Results below us went our way so still 19th and there's still only 3pts between us and 14th. As Barnsley have shown a couple of wins and the world looks a different place. Question is, can we do the same?

Thoughts?

Tbh I was proud of how we stuck at it and really put them under the cosh that last 15 minutes. Lady Luck wasn’t kind but we can’t get away from the fact we just don’t have anyone who can take those half and even good chances in the side. I do think we are good enough to stop up and I think we will. However without a few players with that cutting edge all we will ever do at this level is struggle.

Harding is a great player, our best signing by an absolute mile.

avondalemiller
21-11-2020, 05:14 PM
...certainly played better 2nd half. Felt sorry for Hirst being asked to play on his own up top, looked lost. Blackman still looks dodgy as hell, Vassel???? still don't know about him, doesn't seem to do anything right. That shot with a minute to go???
1st half Icky couldn'y kick it right, out for a throw in every time.
MOM, Clarke when he came on, showed lots going forwards, not seen enough when he has to defend.
With all the pacey full back, not Mattock, could 352 be the answer ???

rileyev.the.third
21-11-2020, 05:15 PM
Thought today was poor in the first half but we rallied and took the game to Swansea in the second half. The commentators on TV both praised us for our display and admitted at times how much we had broke up their play and turned the game around. Praise indeed.

The thing is we need goals and I simply cannot see who is going to deliver them? Say what you like but Hurst brings nothing to our forward line, there I've said it, time for Smith to also move on, f.uck the tin hat let me have it.

Nice to see Clarke get a run out. Blackman pulled off some good saves. Errr.....errrrr.....errrrrr......all huff and puff with nothing to show for it. It's going to be a very tough season and I hope Warne is ready to move some players on come January and bring Kayode back in to the fold.

Thought Clarke did really well Brin. Agree with your post pal in the main. How Vassel didn’t get a touch to force the ball over the line when their keeper dropped it I’ll never know!!

MillersTime
21-11-2020, 05:15 PM
First half, abysmal. Absolutely no intensity to our play whatsoever, complete lack of belief.

Second half we harried and actually closed them down higher up the pitch, won quite a bit back and then we didn't have to go the length of the pitch like we would first half.

Looked at those we should have had a pen and then millers millimetres away from a tap in on the line when the keeper drops it. Apart from those we never truly looked like scoring, they were comfortable from set pieces with their keeper catching nearly all crosses.

Honestly think about sending Hurst back in Jan if we can and try someone else for 6 months. Usual striking issues, huffed and puffed but that break didn't go our way.

Play like we did second half for 90 mins at QPR and it should be a different story, fingers crossed

CASPER-64-FRANK
21-11-2020, 05:17 PM
Agree Brin, poor to average first half and picked it up second half after the changes off the bench.
We gave them far too much room out wide on both sides, tightened it up second half yet still come away with nil goals and nil points.
Disappointing yet not too disheartened, we could actually have been 4 down at one stage of the game.
The miss on 88 mins sums us up, half a yard out !
I thought Clarke had a decent second half considering he's not played much.
QPR Tuesday night........7pm kick-off.

MillersTime
21-11-2020, 05:19 PM
Thought Clarke did really well Brin. Agree with your post pal in the main. How Vassel didn’t get a touch to force the ball over the line when their keeper dropped it I’ll never know!!

Agree about Clarke

mygiddypant
21-11-2020, 05:22 PM
Have just listened to Paul on P or G. Congratulations to the man who has made a career out of being miserable - 10/10. His solution is to sign a Championship striker and, hey presto, everything will be hunky-dory. Give me strength!

Nardendee
21-11-2020, 05:24 PM
The problem is that Blackman can play as well as he likes but his howler cost us. 6’6” and flaps.Toothless in attack. Too little too late. Cant understand how Hurst gets in the side. Cant rely on ref giving a pen to save us, particularly away from home. Encouraging finish but must start Vassell and Freddie (if fit) on Tuesday.
Swansea were there to be taken today but tactics cost us again.

millertop
21-11-2020, 05:29 PM
It was like they had an extra man in 1st half, well they probably did actually
How did Cullen get away without a booking?
2nd half well better, better players on probably 😂
Good to See Trev on pitch and had a good game, think I’ll give him motm because I can’t think of any other tbh

Ref was looking straight at the assumed handball but obviously he wasn’t going to give it
It would’ve been a foul on keeper if that ball actually went over line.
Still I’m not arguing over losing 1-0 against a good side

CASPER-64-FRANK
21-11-2020, 05:30 PM
The problem is that Blackman can play as well as he likes but his howler cost us. 6’6” and flaps.Toothless in attack. Too little too late. Cant understand how Hurst gets in the side. Cant rely on ref giving a pen to save us, particularly away from home. Encouraging finish but must start Vassell and Freddie (if fit) on Tuesday.

Bit harsh on Blackman for the goal. He came through a crowd of players and decided to punch rather than try to collect.
Once he's punched it out where is the red shirt to clear it further upfield. Straight to a white shirt and his shot came through a crowd of players.
Not his best performance and certainly not his worse on either.

rolymiller
21-11-2020, 05:30 PM
Should have had a point in the end. We were better when tricky trev came on. If ladapo had been on the pitch the one the goalie dropped would have been his. The ref neshed it for the handball because he knew he would have to send the player off as well if he had given the pen. Goose should have scored as well.

The ref was wa nk as usual. How cullen escaped getting a booking for constant fouling I will never know but the minute Barlaser debatably fouled him he got a yellow card straightaway. There is no reason to believe that the refs in this league are being any more fair to us this season. Its always like playing against 12 men.

Hirst is not the answer. Even I was hoping smith would come on for him.

Nothing again from corners and free kicks.

Why is it we only had 7 subs today? We have 2 weeks to get players fit for this and 2 players were out Wood and Ladapo who were ok when we finished our game against Preston. Why do we knacker our own players up in training? It is feckin criminal.

The rest of the results were very good for us so we can't afford to slip up at QPR. And at least we weren't hammered which we would have been a couple of seasons ago.

MOM: Harding, Tricky Trev apart from one slip up in defence.

Edinburghmiller
21-11-2020, 05:32 PM
Have just listened to Paul on P or G. Congratulations to the man who has made a career out of being miserable - 10/10. His solution is to sign a Championship striker and, hey presto, everything will be hunky-dory. Give me strength!You beat me to it. Unbelievable comments! We have 12 points from 12 games and unlucky not to have more. We are doing ok, could do with a decent striker and I'm sure Warney knows that.

mygiddypant
21-11-2020, 05:37 PM
Tactics? Really?

ronniesboots
21-11-2020, 05:41 PM
Yet again Blackman cost us a goal. Useless, slow, uninterested, crap passer of the ball upfield, wrong decisions when the ball is in his box, his negativity seeps thru the team. Mark my words - this kid will almost single handedly get us relegated.

mygiddypant
21-11-2020, 05:42 PM
Yet again Blackman cost us a goal. Useless, slow, uninterested, crap passer of the ball upfield, wrong decisions when the ball is in his box, his negativity seeps thru the team. Mark my words - this kid will almost single handedly get us relegated.

Is this comedy hour?

rolymiller
21-11-2020, 05:42 PM
If thats not a pen I don't know what is?
I wunt mind but what would have happened if Icky or Goose had done that at the other end?

Feckin shocking...

jakethemiller
21-11-2020, 05:47 PM
Poor first half, better second, yes I know they had their chances in the second but so did we. How couldn't the ref see the handball on the line. Bennett shouldn't have been on the pitch anyway should have had second booking before then. The subs livened it up a bit but the quality isn't there.
Blackman. Yes perhaps he was unsighted for the shot but the punch out was poor, I've been defending him but at his height he has to do better at crosses.
Harding. Love him best summer signing for me did well either side.
Olosunde. Needed taking off poor display for me, looked as though he couldn't wait to get rid of the ball.
Ihiekwe. His usual steady game,
McDonald. Looked to be back in the groove, should have done better with the shot late on.
Barlaser. Only player in midfield in second half, butcorners were atrocious.
Lindsay. Not his usual effective self good shot in first half, if hed caught it better would have scored.
Crooks. What has happened to him, doesn't seem bothered to me, I like him but not like he is now, should have let him go to Forest.
Wiles. Disappeared when brought inside then got more involved again when he went back wide.
Josefzoon. Never really got going today, but not on his own.
Hirst. He should be handy, big enough and plenty of speed but looks out of his depth.
Clarke. I thought he did ok apart from that one mix up in the box, why are we mixing and matching and not playing him.
Smith. Mixed it up a bit but where is the lad from season before last.
Vassell. Waste of a shirt, however Warne thinks he can add anything in this league let alone come on and change a game. Suggest we off load to help finance a new forward
Disappointed.

MILLERSTALE
21-11-2020, 05:48 PM
You beat me to it. Unbelievable comments! We have 12 points from 12 games and unlucky not to have more. We are doing ok, could do with a decent striker and I'm sure Warney knows that.

There’s no coincidence that the lack of confidence comes with a keeper who is for too inconsistent I’ve never seen him manage a good punch out and he often drops the crosses he attempts to catch, Warne needs to make a big,big decision which has all sorts of possible repercussions both emotionally and financially but it needs making quickly.

I’ve always said that the players we have suits three at the back and two wing backs ! We have the ideal players for this system because our full backs are better going forward than defending ?

Then we just have to sort a strike force out !

Jimmy Badfellow
21-11-2020, 05:48 PM
When I saw the starting line up and formation I knew then that even a point was too much to hope for. We were really poor first half and I even started to wonder whether the QPR game had been given the priority over the two games with all the rested players with 'little niggles'. Second half was better, mainly down to the energy and courage brought in by Clarke who, if he maintains that level, will be like a new signing.
Too much to ask of Hirst all alone up front but I think all the absentees are worth mentioning ;
Robertson
Tilt
Mattock
Wood
Ogbene
Ladapo
Sadlier
Shaun Macdonald
Thats a huge hole in any squad ,never mind the Millers in the Championship!

mellowmiller
21-11-2020, 05:52 PM
Let's be honest, we got what we deserved. You can't play like a poor League 2 side for 70 minutes and hope to snatch something by improving slightly in the last 20.
Swansea were far superior, comfortable on the ball and should really have been 3 or 4 up before we rallied a bit.
Errors at the back are compounded by the lack of any credible threat up front. Hirst looks like a lower league player at best, Vassell still traps it further than he can kick it, Smith rarely looks like scoring.
I expected us to lose today but I also expected us to compete and for 70 minutes we simply didn't. So bloody frustrating 😡

mygiddypant
21-11-2020, 05:58 PM
Realistic assessment from Warney on P or G. Apparently the ref thought the defender who handled the ball had his arm in a "natural position".

Yes, it is natural if you intend deflecting it!

rileyev.the.third
21-11-2020, 05:59 PM
If thats not a pen I don't know what is?
I wunt mind but what would have happened if Icky or Goose had done that at the other end?

Feckin shocking...

Bloody hell Roly, not many.

Grist_To_The_Mill
21-11-2020, 06:00 PM
Well, I thought we were poor. A team selection, formation and tactics setup to scrape a draw.

Blackman looked like a new signing that had no idea what his defence was doing.

We looked sluggish and tired particularly in the first half.

Better in second half but that begs the question could we have had two “better halves” with a more adventurous attitude?

In the end a 1-0 defeat looks respectable, when really it wasn’t

Cue PW “ proud of the lads” well worn quote

flourbasher
21-11-2020, 06:03 PM
Not really one of the games we would have expected to got even a point from.
They had about four key players out too due to injuries and covid isolation

We need to pick our games to get something from and Tuesday is one of those
It,s an earlier 7pm KO.

mygiddypant
21-11-2020, 06:07 PM
Well, I thought we were poor. A team selection, formation and tactics setup to scrape a draw.

Blackman looked like a new signing that had no idea what his defence was doing.

We looked sluggish and tired particularly in the first half.

Better in second half but that begs the question could we have had two “better halves” with a more adventurous attitude?

In the end a 1-0 defeat looks respectable, when really it wasn’t

Cue PW “ proud of the lads” well worn quote

Why don't you try listening to him before you drag up the quote?

Grist_To_The_Mill
21-11-2020, 06:10 PM
Why don't you try listening to him before you drag up the quote?

It’s a sort of “prediction league” type fun

Grist_To_The_Mill
21-11-2020, 06:15 PM

Thoughts?

Is Barnsley’s squad that much better than ours on paper?

Lolmorgan
21-11-2020, 06:20 PM
To be honest we are not quite good enough,we are short on a goal scorer (Obvious) but also short of the good experienced Championship players.Again we played well for 45mins you don’t get away with it in this league.On now to Tuesday QPR 3 points please.

harpo88
21-11-2020, 06:24 PM
Swansea are a really good side and we did pretty well to keep them restricted as much as we did. They will hammer a few sides far better than us this year. We lack composure upfront and that will hold us back.

jocksgloves
21-11-2020, 06:27 PM
When you consider the relative size and wealth of the two teams perhaps this result is the best we could hope for. Sadly, we don't do undeserved late equalizers, only concede them.
We really do have to hold any lead we obtain. Not all doom and gloom. We are still competing.

redhouse
21-11-2020, 06:32 PM
Poor first half mainly due to getting overrun on our right hand side both Olosunde and Zoon not really at the races . Good substitutions at half time Harding strengthened the right and Clarke did well on the left . Slowly got more into it I thought first 15 minutes or so in second half we was on top . they came back at us for 10 minutes where a good save from Blackman from a free kick and a brilliant save from Harding kept us in it . Last twenty minutes or so we were on top and pushing which coincided with Vass coming on . Some have criticised him again but for me he looked more dangerous than Miller who had a quiet game . Definite penalty and the corner their goalkeeper fumbled looked very close to going over the line to me ? . Still battling well and still plenty of time to go hopefully we can keep picking points up here and there

Pocket rocket
21-11-2020, 06:33 PM
Should have had a point in the end. We were better when tricky trev came on. If ladapo had been on the pitch the one the goalie dropped would have been his. The ref neshed it for the handball because he knew he would have to send the player off as well if he had given the pen. Goose should have scored as well.

The ref was wa nk as usual. How cullen escaped getting a booking for constant fouling I will never know but the minute Barlaser debatably fouled him he got a yellow card straightaway. There is no reason to believe that the refs in this league are being any more fair to us this season. Its always like playing against 12 men.

Hirst is not the answer. Even I was hoping smith would come on for him.

Nothing again from corners and free kicks.

Why is it we only had 7 subs today? We have 2 weeks to get players fit for this and 2 players were out Wood and Ladapo who were ok when we finished our game against Preston. Why do we knacker our own players up in training? It is feckin criminal.

The rest of the results were very good for us so we can't afford to slip up at QPR. And at least we weren't hammered which we would have been a couple of seasons ago.

MOM: Harding, Tricky Trev apart from one slip up in defence.

Roly
There you go again accusing us of knackering our own players.
Calling it criminal.
You’ve got no ****ing proof of this and you need to stop with the accusations it’s slanderous against the manager.

You are worse than Guru with the repeated opinions that you claim are facts.

Grist_To_The_Mill
21-11-2020, 06:35 PM
Poor first half mainly due to getting overrun on our right hand side both Olosunde and Zoon not really at the races . Good substitutions at half time Harding strengthened the right and Clarke did well on the left . Slowly got more into it I thought first 15 minutes or so in second half we was on top . they came back at us for 10 minutes where a good save from Blackman from a free kick and a brilliant save from Harding kept us in it . Last twenty minutes or so we were on top and pushing which coincided with Vass coming on . Some have criticised him again but for me he looked more dangerous than Miller who had a quiet game . Definite penalty and the corner their goalkeeper fumbled looked very close to going over the line to me ? . Still battling well and still plenty of time to go hopefully we can keep picking points up here and there

“Good substitutions at half time”

Yes but why not start the match with that team selection?

CAMiller
21-11-2020, 06:38 PM

Isn't that like saying "Why didn't PW ask the Swansea manager how they were going to play today" or "Why didn't PW ask his players how well they were going to play today" before kick off?

redhouse
21-11-2020, 06:38 PM
Roly
Calling it criminal.
You’ve got no ****ing proof of this and you need to stop with the accusations it’s slanderous against the manager.

What's even more ridiculous than saying it is he actually believes it

redhouse
21-11-2020, 06:39 PM

You don't really understand this football lark do you XD

Grist_To_The_Mill
21-11-2020, 06:41 PM
You don't really understand this football lark do you XD

Seems like I’m not alone

Grist_To_The_Mill
21-11-2020, 06:42 PM
Isn't that like saying "Why didn't PW ask the Swansea manager how they were going to play today" or "Why didn't PW ask his players how well they were going to play today" before kick off?

Really, seems like starting on the back foot rather than the front foot.

The changes were forced not selected

rolymiller
21-11-2020, 06:43 PM
Roly
Calling it criminal.

Ok . So why did we have 7 subs today and they had 9? And I would like to bet that the majority of champ teams had 9 subs today if not all. Maybe it is not Warnes fault but how can you explain statistics like that. Persuade me. Is it just bad luck or what? who or what is to blame?

I wunt mind but we have had 2 weeks to rest up players for this game and as far as I'm aware WooD and Ladapo were not injured at the end of the Preston game. What else can I reasonably think?

I'm willing to be persuaded. You tell me...You are not providing me with anything that might change my mind.

Nardendee
21-11-2020, 06:44 PM
Swansea also had a number of key players out. We are not getting hammered but we are handing the game to the opposition. One error is all it takes.
Hurst is absolutely not the answer. Accept it was a bad miss at the end but at least we were getting in some decent positions and also it should have been a pen, but it wasn’t given. I bet it would’ve been at the other end.
Luck is not on our side as I feel we should have had 6 points more than we have but, like Millwall and Stoke before, didn’t you think that once Swansea scored that was it?

rolymiller
21-11-2020, 06:49 PM
Yes they did yet still managed 9 subs. We only have the same squad size as them ie 25 but can only muster 7.

... and no Im not a gwru pocket Im a warney boy >;) Dunt mean to say I dont think he is beyond criticism tho. THere is only one person beyond criticism on this planet...our lass!

Ericsladkilnhurst
21-11-2020, 06:49 PM

How Barnsley are playing, I think their manager must be giving them a raw Barnsley chop to gnaw on, before kick off to get them to go for the juglar. >:)

Pocket rocket
21-11-2020, 06:51 PM
Ok . So why did we have 7 subs today and they had 9? And I would like to bet that the majority of champ teams had 9 subs today if not all. Maybe it is not Warnes fault but how can you explain statistics like that. Persuade me. Is it just bad luck or what? who or what is to blame?

I wunt mind but we have had 2 weeks to rest up players for this game and as far as I'm aware WooD and Ladapo were not injured at the end of the Preston game. What else can I reasonably think?

I'm willing to be persuaded. You tell me...You are not providing me with anything that might change my mind.

I haven’t got a clue but unlike you I’m not guessing just to serve a narrative.

You have as much idea as me but you believe your correct I don’t know but I wouldn’t come on here blaming the manager over and over again without clear evidence that’s just silly and displays a lack of clear thinking.

Maybe just bad luck

Ericsladkilnhurst
21-11-2020, 06:53 PM
Did well to keep Swansea down to 1 goal today, so kept the goals against down. I think that Warne has to be brave and go for a 3-5-2 we will at least have a go, instead of playing 1 upfront, not even giving a whimper to opposing teams.

rolymiller
21-11-2020, 06:57 PM
Maybe it is pocket. i can understand also the argument where Warne has to get them to peak fitness in order to compete in this league and that is maybe too much for lower league players like a lot of ours. It could be that.

Wunt you agree that it is summat that needs looking at at least?

Worrever it is its very frustrating because we have a lot of games now till the next transfer window to rectify the situation. If we get a couple more key players out long term injured in the next few weeks we will be buggered. No?

You say I think I am right gwru style. I don't I just want somebody to answer my questions and put my mind at rest that we will not continue have players falling like flies.

flourbasher
21-11-2020, 06:57 PM

Not sure if their squad is but they have a significant advantage over us in that they do have a cship quality striker and he,s scoring too.
They signed Cauley Woodrow when they were in div one and we were in the cship and he's a player we should have gone for.
Fulham used to play him against us and invariably scored so he would have been well known to us.

A Barnsley fan at work was thanking me after we'd beaten the Wendy and I asked him whether Barnsley had enough to stop up. He was very doubtful because they only had one striker of the standard required. I just sat there thinking....if only.

rolymiller
21-11-2020, 06:58 PM
Did well to keep Swansea down to 1 goal today, so kept the goals against down. I think that Warne has to be brave and go for a 3-5-2 we will at least have a go, instead of playing 1 upfront, not even giving a whimper to opposing teams.

Not against 3 5 2. But do we have 3 fit centre halves who can do that?

flourbasher
21-11-2020, 07:01 PM
Woody, s available for Tuesday and Thommo was on the bench

welovebooth
21-11-2020, 07:09 PM
One of them games were anything but a defeat would of been welcome.

One of them didn't play well didn't play that bad.

Couldn't tell by the angle about ut been a pen but been told there a picture that confirms it.

What a clearance from harding

Unlucky when there gk dropped it straight onto the toes on one of our players but it went wide from the goal another day it was in.

Move onto the next game and take encouragement we only lost by one away at a top championship team.

millertop
21-11-2020, 07:11 PM
So will owt be done about the ref that thinks putting your arm out to stop a goal is having it in natural position? No

Can’t wait for him to ref our next game against a “bigger” club

flourbasher
21-11-2020, 07:11 PM
Kayode scored today.
Just a thought

We would have to make space for him in the squad though

welovebooth
21-11-2020, 07:12 PM
I don't understand why jamal is still getting hate.

He is getting better by the game and his sweeping play is exceptional.

Johansson went to peices when he conceded. Looks a good gk for next season even more so if in league one.

Yak
21-11-2020, 07:19 PM
It’s what we’re going to have to accept this season.
Plenty of errors moments of quality and moment-of bad luck.

Hopefully we can have enough to stay up.

millertop
21-11-2020, 07:20 PM
One of them games were anything but a defeat would of been welcome.

One of them didn't play well didn't play that bad.

Couldn't tell by the angle about ut been a pen but been told there a picture that confirms it.

What a clearance from harding

Unlucky when there gk dropped it straight onto the toes on one of our players but it went wide from the goal another day it was in.

Move onto the next game and take encouragement we only lost by one away at a top championship team.

If you read the thread you’ll see the pic and what the ref thought

rileyev.the.third
21-11-2020, 07:22 PM
I don't understand why jamal is still getting hate.

He is getting better by the game and his sweeping play is exceptional.

Johansson went to peices when he conceded. Looks a good gk for next season even more so if in league one.

I agree boothy. Scapegoat springs to mind, he had a good game today overall. One always gets singled out and unfortunately for Jamal he’s the chosen one this season so far.

flourbasher
21-11-2020, 07:29 PM
He,ll do ok on Tuesday as it's near his home club
Plenty of representatives from Chelsea to impress

Grist_To_The_Mill
21-11-2020, 07:34 PM
I agree boothy. Scapegoat springs to mind, he had a good game today overall. One always gets singled out and unfortunately for Jamal he’s the chosen one this season so far.

He’s not a scapegoat, he's just a very ordinary keeper.

Mind you his mistakes will be highlighted because of the way we invite the opposition to attack us.

millertop
21-11-2020, 07:38 PM
If he keeps making mistakes then obviously he’ll get spoke about, like Crooks did/is so maybe we now have two scapegoats XD

flourbasher
21-11-2020, 07:44 PM
Anyone who has connection to SWFC can be fair game.

Pricey,s left but might make an appearance in the coaches area next Saturday
Obviously Woody is beyond any criticism.....ever
Hirst has made numerous digs at his ex employers so he gets a bit of immunity
Mattock is always injured so we don't see enough of him to denegrate his performances

flourbasher
21-11-2020, 07:50 PM
If fit we Should have played Woody as a substitute but as a striker for the last 15 mins
He would have got on the end of one of those chances.

Not joking, it's a serious suggestion

CAMiller
21-11-2020, 07:56 PM
If fit we Should have played Woody as a substitute but as a striker for the last 15 mins

It's a good suggestion IMHO. The one thing I'm worried about is when one of our 'goal scorers' eventually finds the net they will celebrate so hard they'll pick up an injury and then Roly will be apoplectic XD Happened recently here in the NFL, guy got injured doing his touchdown celebration and is out for 6 weeks.

Lolmorgan
21-11-2020, 07:58 PM

Not joking, it's a serious suggestion And
That’s called scrapping the barrel

MILLERSTALE
21-11-2020, 08:01 PM
Maybe it is pocket. i can understand also the argument where Warne has to get them to peak fitness in order to compete in this league and that is maybe too much for lower league players like a lot of ours. It could be that.

Wunt you agree that it is summat that needs looking at at least?

Worrever it is its very frustrating because we have a lot of games now till the next transfer window to rectify the situation. If we get a couple more key players out long term injured in the next few weeks we will be buggered. No?

You say I think I am right gwru style. I don't I just want somebody to answer my questions and put my mind at rest that we will not continue have players falling like flies.

What the fxxx as lower league players got to do with getting more injuries ??

Do you think higher league players have a greater resistance to injuries than ours, if so why is Man City have over trained Aguero “knackering him up “

Why do you think you know more than Warne Barker Hamshaw and Warrington who have about 120 years experience in the professional game between them ? They have trained and played every day,they understand the game ! They understand how players react to training and physical efforts ! We have sports science coaches as well with the latest knowledge and techniques in sports injuries.
It’s grossly condescending of you to keep slipping this out slating our club ,management and staff.
You can’t accept the fact that at the moment we have injuries but maybe come March/ April when we are in the run in other clubs might have a lot more injuries than us.

Ericsladkilnhurst
21-11-2020, 08:08 PM

Said that about Semi Ajayi, he caused havoc in the Millers penalty area, why not move him forward and let him create havoc in the opposing team area, he did get some goals.

gru
21-11-2020, 08:11 PM
Can somebody answer me a question how many wingers have we tried to replace Lamy? Still not found one

Godsend.F.C.
21-11-2020, 08:13 PM
I haven’t got a clue but unlike you I’m not guessing just to serve a narrative.
You have as much idea as me but you believe your correct I don’t know but I wouldn’t come on here blaming the manager over and over again without clear evidence that’s just silly and displays a lack of clear thinking.
Maybe just bad luck

It's not just down to bad luck pal. It's many contributing factors not just over training either. The condition of the training pitch / matchday pitch has to be taken into consideration. A cold climate affects injury, a wet, muddy, heavy pitch makes it difficult for players to turn and stop as quickly as they would like or changing direction quickly can all lead to muscle injury.
RUFC recently as last week advertised for a sports scientist which could suggest Ross Bearberry is moving on / or maybe not.
We don't train any differently to other clubs.
Didn't see the game so can't really comment, apart from we're doing as well as I expected but there's plenty of room for improvement.

QPR should be a good test, 7pm kick off don't forget.

Archiemiller
21-11-2020, 08:16 PM
can somebody answer me a question how many wingers have we tried to replace lamy? Still not found one

who

gru
21-11-2020, 08:22 PM
who
Lamy forgot L

Archiemiller
21-11-2020, 08:22 PM
He’s not a scapegoat, he's just a very ordinary keeper.

Mind you his mistakes will be highlighted because of the way we invite the opposition to attack us.

Think the swansea commentator hit the nail ont head "blackman is in his 8th season on loan from chelsea and if he carries on performing like that (first half) chelsea will be looking for No9".

Grist_To_The_Mill
21-11-2020, 08:25 PM
Can somebody answer me a question how many wingers have we tried to replace Lamy? Still not found one

They are wingers in paper but our system means they spend more time in midfield rather than on the wings in the final third of the pitch

rileyev.the.third
21-11-2020, 08:30 PM

Looking at Antonio Towerner from Lions FC. Apparently a very tricky little winger who might be just what we need. Fingers crossed Gru

rolymiller
21-11-2020, 08:37 PM
Also after another forrud Ronnio mooro from Cardiff 😂

LincsMiller
21-11-2020, 08:38 PM
Also after another forrud Ronnio mooro from Cardiff ��

Jonny May ?

Masbroughstreet
21-11-2020, 08:40 PM

Replace what exactly? His massive contribution of sometimes being on the bench?

Ericsladkilnhurst
21-11-2020, 08:45 PM
Riley & Roly letting the cat out of the bag, Shhhhhh Barnsley might be listening. :P

Godsend.F.C.
21-11-2020, 08:59 PM
Jonny May ?

Try's too hard :D

Godsend.F.C.
21-11-2020, 09:02 PM
replace what exactly? His massive contribution of sometimes being on the bench?

pmsl,. XD

mellowmiller
21-11-2020, 09:06 PM

Which league is Lamy tearing up at the moment?.......oh.

gru
21-11-2020, 09:24 PM
Which league is Lamy tearing up at the moment?.......oh.

Never got a chance here. Two wingers today too lightweight. Next 4 months be heavy going need heavy ground players.

Grist_To_The_Mill
21-11-2020, 09:45 PM
Never got a chance here. Two wingers today too lightweight. Next 4 months be heavy going need heavy ground players.

Well we need a bit of an upswing

12 points from 12 games equates to 46 points for the season, which is borderline for stopping up.

We are scoring less than a goal a game and conceding more than a goal a game

Going to be a close run thing

Masbroughstreet
21-11-2020, 09:49 PM

Depends how you look at it. Only one manager has been willing to take a chance on him and give him a pro contract, Paul Warne. He got more of a chance here than he has before or since.

Godsend.F.C.
21-11-2020, 10:16 PM
Kayode scored today.
Just a thought

So did Jerry Yates and Kieffer Moore, just a thought.

rolymiller will be happy, Woody ( hamstring ), Mattock ( hamstring ) and Ladapo ( hip ) should be available for QPR Tuesday night, 7pm.

Godsend.F.C.
21-11-2020, 10:19 PM
Depends how you look at it. Only one manager has been willing to take a chance on him and give him a pro contract, Paul Warne. He got more of a chance here than he has before or since.

You're forgetting the two games at AFC Wimbledon Masboroughstreet, zero goals, zero assists and one yellow card.

Grist_To_The_Mill
21-11-2020, 10:19 PM
So did Jerry Yates and Kieffer Moore, just a thought.

rolymiller will be happy, Woody ( hamstring ), Mattock ( hamstring ) and Ladapo ( hip ) should be available for QPR Tuesday night, 7pm.

Sounds like a 1960s pop song

Not the hippy hippy shake, the hammy hammy, hip

Mattock injured on active duty, but Wood and Ladapo?

Godsend.F.C.
21-11-2020, 10:29 PM
Sounds like a 1960s pop song

Not the hippy hippy shake, the hammy hammy, hip

Mattock injured on active duty, but Wood and Ladapo?

To be fair Grist Paul Warne has admitted it was his mistake on picking the starting eleven, can't be more honest than that.

Grist_To_The_Mill
21-11-2020, 11:05 PM
To be fair Grist Paul Warne has admitted it was his mistake on picking the starting eleven, can't be more honest than that.

True, but I never thought it was anybody else’s fault

The important thing though is has he learned from the mistake?

rolymiller
21-11-2020, 11:30 PM
Yep it will be great if we can name 9 subs on tues

BigLadonOS
22-11-2020, 03:14 AM
Left it till now so I could read through the comments and see who was wise enough to mention our injury list as part of our display today.

So many players out of a squad our size is always going to cause a problem. I think Paul set the side up not to lose yesterday and in his place I would have done the same thing.

In the end I think we were a little unlucky not to get a point.

UTM!

Grumpy King of the West
22-11-2020, 06:52 AM
Left it till now so I could read through the comments and see who was wise enough to mention our injury list as part of our display today.

So many players out of a squad our size is always going to cause a problem. I think Paul set the side up not to lose yesterday and in his place I would have done the same thing.

In the end I think we were a little unlucky not to get a point.

UTM!

When you say "a squad our size" BigLad, I was under the impression every club had exactly the same squad size, I.e. 25 players. Or have I misunderstood that?

How does it work with U23 squads, etc? Can youth players be drafted in, in addition to the 25 man squad?

gm_gm
22-11-2020, 07:54 AM

The sub malarki isnt hard to explain ...Rilets only had a 30 seater coach available for the team bus

millertop
22-11-2020, 08:00 AM
Might be saving on hotel bill seeing that we are away again on Tuesday to QPR

WanChaiMiller
22-11-2020, 08:06 AM
Its all relative I suppose. Forest Derby and the mighty Wednesday lost. Wycombe and Cov drew. If anyone thought it would be easy they are supporting the wrong club. Maybe they should switch to Man U.

Im with Warne on this to an extent. There are games where we will compete. Others where we need to stay in the game as long as possible and hope we can nick something.

WanChaiMiller
22-11-2020, 08:07 AM
So will owt be done about the ref that thinks putting your arm out to stop a goal is having it in natural position? No

Can’t wait for him to ref our next game against a “bigger” club

Need VAR Millertop.

WanChaiMiller
22-11-2020, 08:13 AM

Do you think higher league players have a greater resistance to injuries than ours, if so why is Man City have over trained Aguero “knackering him up “

Why do you think you know more than Warne Barker Hamshaw and Warrington who have about 120 years experience in the professional game between them ? They have trained and played every day,they understand the game ! They understand how players react to training and physical efforts ! We have sports science coaches as well with the latest knowledge and techniques in sports injuries.
It’s grossly condescending of you to keep slipping this out slating our club ,management and staff.
You can’t accept the fact that at the moment we have injuries but maybe come March/ April when we are in the run in other clubs might have a lot more injuries than us.

100% Millertale.

rolymiller
22-11-2020, 11:08 AM

Its just an opinion so put the titty lip back in. Disagree by all means. I don't doubt Warne etc are qualified to train players but nobody is perfect.

Does it not worry you the amount of injuries we seem to get compared to other clubs or aint you bothered,? Don't you think we need to have a rethink about what is happening or we should just carry on as we are? Can we sustain anymore serious injuries? I hope you are right by the way that other clubs may end up with more later on.

I'm not asking for any major change. I KNOW players have to be fit but maybe it needs a little tweak do you think?

By the way this is the polite bit of the board knob head...;D

I will say it AGAIN. I love warne to bits but he is not beyond criticism as is nobody not even our lass(but don't tell her that!) :P

WanChaiMiller
22-11-2020, 11:40 AM
Its just an opinion so put the titty lip back in. Disagree by all means. I don't doubt Warne etc are qualified to train players but nobody is perfect.

Does it not worry you the amount of injuries we seem to get compared to other clubs or aint you bothered,? Don't you think we need to have a rethink about what is happening or we should just carry on as we are? Can we sustain anymore serious injuries? I hope you are right by the way that other clubs may end up with more later on.

I'm not asking for any major change. I KNOW players have to be fit but maybe it needs a little tweak do you think?

By the way this is the polite bit of the board knob head...;D

I will say it AGAIN. I love warne to bits but he is not beyond criticism as is nobody not even our lass(but don't tell her that!) :P

I suspect you are wrong and said as much on another thread.

You need to show us your research and the comparison between us and all other clubs. Also an analysis of each injury and how they occured and demostrate that those injuries have been caused by 'over training'.

This isnt an opinion based subject. You can only have a valued view based on research. If you cant show the researsh I dont think you can be taken seriously.

rolymiller
22-11-2020, 11:49 AM
I suspect you are wrong and said as much on another thread.

You need to show us your research and the comparison between us and all other clubs. Also an analysis of each injury and how they occured and demostrate that those injuries have been caused by 'over training'.

This isnt an opinion based subject. You can only have a valued view based on research. If you cant show the researsh I dont think you can be taken seriously.

Fair enough.

At what point at least hypothetically would you think we may need to look at training methods as a club Wanchai? 12 players out? 20 players out with long term injuries?

Irrespective of training methods, how may more players can we have injured long term if we seriously want to stay up this season? How many can any club?

Its a question for discussion

I will assume we are just an unlucky club if i accept it is not down to how players are trained.

WanChaiMiller
22-11-2020, 12:07 PM
Fair enough.

At what point at least hypothetically would you think we may need to look at training methods as a club Wanchai? 12 players out? 20 players out with long term injuries?

I will assume we are just an unlucky club.

As a coaching staff they will look at fatigue every day - morning to afternoon. All players work with heart rate monitors. They will access fatigue from one hour to the next; each and every day in training and matches and alter training plans accordingly.

What you describe as 'over training' (or, conversely, recovery periods) is a real simple basic concept in modern sport training. If its overlooked at our club, it will be negligent to an extreme (when I say modern I mean the last 15 to 20 years).

rolymiller
22-11-2020, 12:18 PM
Bad luck then?

WanChaiMiller
22-11-2020, 12:39 PM
Bad luck then?

When once games start we dont get much time for training.

2 games a week mean 2 rest days after games and the day before games is light training consisting mainly shape and tactics - thats 6 days a week.

rolymiller
22-11-2020, 12:59 PM

2 games a week mean 2 rest days after games and the day before games is light training consisting mainly shape and tactics - thats 6 days a week.

Other clubs the same? So we can expect similar injury probs then as a sort of average?

Grist_To_The_Mill
22-11-2020, 01:34 PM
Paul Warne and his starting lineups and halftime changes reminds me of Eric Morecambe’s reply to Andre Previn.

“ wrong notes?...........”. etc

WanChaiMiller
22-11-2020, 01:44 PM
Other clubs the same? So we can expect similar injury probs then as a sort of average?

This is my point. You cant tell without an assessment of each player and each injury.

millertop
22-11-2020, 03:16 PM
I think we should put a complaint in about the ref
Natural position and also said that he couldn’t have sent the player off because there was another behind him.
Bennett was already on a yellow so is that why he didn’t give it?

CAMiller
22-11-2020, 04:20 PM
Natural position and also said that he couldn’t have sent the player off because there was another behind him.

I thought the double jeopardy rule related to straight reds and penalties e.g. if a penalty is the result of a foul then the team isn't punished twice with a straight red but the player receives a yellow. If that yellow results in a red then it's bye, bye player surely?

Masbroughstreet
22-11-2020, 04:26 PM
I thought the double jeopardy rule related to straight reds and penalties e.g. if a penalty is the result of a foul then the team isn't punished twice with a straight red but the player receives a yellow. If that yellow results in a red then it's bye, bye player surely?

The double jeopardy thing doesn't count if it's a handball on the line, it's still a straight red and a penalty.

CAMiller
22-11-2020, 04:53 PM
The double jeopardy thing doesn't count if it's a handball on the line, it's still a straight red and a penalty.

Thanks.

WanChaiMiller
22-11-2020, 05:02 PM

Lol. I said it earlier, VAR would have sorted it.

But, I suspect, the more complaints the EFL get about refs the quicker we'll have VAR in our league.

Ericsladkilnhurst
22-11-2020, 05:34 PM
Not forgetting their is a EFL assessor at the game, who makes a report on the officials performance in running a game, plus each manager does a assessment of the officials. Thinking of a manager who gives a bad assessment of a referee, doe's the referee hold a grudge, then when the referee officiates a game again for the managers team, he doesn't give a fair deal on decisions to the managers team.
To me the ref made a bad decision on the Millers penalty appeal.

Grist_To_The_Mill
22-11-2020, 06:11 PM

Yet on 14th November Richard Wood is fit enough to go on a 100 km charity bike ride, then on 21st he’s unfit with a “hammy”

Coincidence?