PDA

View Full Version : Any surprises so far.

caytonmiller
02-12-2020, 08:29 AM
Since covid has prevented fans going to stadium's. Does it effect how a team is performing and does it relieve the added pressure from away teams visiting the top teams.
Looking at premier Division man u, man c, and arsenal not in the top 6 is a bit out of the ordinary.
In the champ, Derby and forest in the bottom 5.
not sure about leagues 1 and 2. Though I'm sure Wigan and Oxford would expect to be higher

Scum-Triumphant
02-12-2020, 08:43 AM
I think Stoke, Sheffield United and Burnley are missing their fans.
All local fans that get behind their hometown clubs.

millertop
02-12-2020, 10:51 AM
Agree Scum, I think we’ve missed fans in some games and two of players have said they’re missing us

Pattylallacks2
02-12-2020, 01:48 PM
Agree Scum, I think we’ve missed fans in some games and two of players have said they’re missing us

What about the other players?

millertop
02-12-2020, 02:18 PM
What about the other players?

They don’t know they’re missing is >;)

Some players can get motivation by just being in a game, others needs fans to motivate them maybe

CASPER-64-FRANK
02-12-2020, 09:38 PM
Luton Town are my surprise package.
I had them down to finish bottom of the Championship, just shows how wrong I am..
Luton struggled last season and this season worked out how to gain points.

Currently beating top of the table Norwich.
Bet the fans sat at Kenilworth Road enjoyed that result.... 3-1 win.

Ericsladkilnhurst
02-12-2020, 10:00 PM
Got to give Barnsley some respect, they are turning some good results out.

Ericsladkilnhurst
02-12-2020, 10:02 PM
No surprise, our game at Coventry ( Birmingham ) on Saturday is a 6 pointer, so early in the season.

CAMiller
02-12-2020, 10:37 PM
No surprise, our game at Coventry ( Birmingham ) on Saturday is a 6 pointer, so early in the season.

They are on a good run of form at the moment. I'd take a point.

Grist_To_The_Mill
02-12-2020, 10:50 PM
Got to give Barnsley some respect, they are turning some good results out.

Is their squad that much better than ours?

Silly-miller
03-12-2020, 12:21 AM

No but we have a lot injured and fans saying we can’t compete

flourbasher
03-12-2020, 08:08 AM
I remember PW saying that he'd watched Luton a number of times last season and he said they were very good and couldn't understand why they were in a relegation spot.
They ultimately escaped and have obviously tweaked a few things this season to transform into a mid table club
A Change of Manager too during the first lockdown so obviously they've got some momentum from that

Grist_To_The_Mill
03-12-2020, 09:47 AM
I remember PW saying that he'd watched Luton a number of times last season and he said they were very good and couldn't understand why they were in a relegation spot.
They ultimately escaped and have obviously tweaked a few things this season to transform into a mid table club
A Change of Manager too during the first lockdown so obviously they've got some momentum from that

Yes sometimes refreshing the managerial team can give a boost to results even with the same squad of players. Even a short run of success can be just enough to avoid relegation, or to sneak into a play off place.

flourbasher
03-12-2020, 10:25 AM
Barnsley have also changed their Manager recently too and it seems to have had the same effect
I'm not for one minute suggesting we change ours but just highlighting that some clubs find a manager who gets the best out of them and is a good fit

We 've already found ours

Scum-Triumphant
03-12-2020, 10:52 AM

Their experience of a miraculous escape last season has given them impetuous to push on. That’s the difference.
If we can stay up, I believe we will become more competitive the following season.

Romared
03-12-2020, 06:15 PM
Plus we have also got some potentially good players emerging , Styles ( one to watch ) Brittain showing to be a great signing , Woodrow is quality too , personally I think we both will be safe from the drop , apologies for invading your board with my thoughts , I will scuttle back to where I belong !!!

great_fire
03-12-2020, 06:27 PM
Britains, wasn't that the toy shop across from Barnsley library?

Looks like the toys are still available anyway, even if the shop isn't there.

https://britainsfarmtoys.co.uk/history

Acido
04-12-2020, 09:24 AM
Their experience of a miraculous escape last season has given them impetuous to push on. That’s the difference.
If we can stay up, I believe we will become more competitive the following season.

Isn't it the same thing for you lot though ?.
Don't tell me that us staying up meant more impetus than your team going up!. :O

Scum-Triumphant
04-12-2020, 09:34 AM
Isn't it the same thing for you lot though ?.
Don't tell me that us staying up meant more impetus than your team going up!. :O

We were second for most of the season and then was in a bit of loose form before being promoted in PPG.
I think the most honest of Rotherham will admit we were fortunate to get promoted. Peterborough and Sunderland were closing fast.

Acido
04-12-2020, 09:41 AM
We were second for most of the season and then was in a bit of loose form before being promoted in PPG.
I think the most honest of Rotherham will admit we were fortunate to get promoted. Peterborough and Sunderland were closing fast.

I don't know abaart your teams season 'scum', and Im obviously only trying to offer my own opinion based on previous facts. :s

CASPER-64-FRANK
04-12-2020, 09:46 AM
I don't know abaart your teams season 'scum', and Im obviously only trying to offer my own opinion based on previous facts. :s

We're known as a Yo-Yo team for a reason.
Somehow we need to break the trend and finish fourth bottom and then work from there the following season.

Acido
04-12-2020, 10:10 AM
We're known as a Yo-Yo team for a reason.
Somehow we need to break the trend and finish fourth bottom and then work from there the following season.

Hey up Frankie Miller lad. :P
Hey mate we also do the yo-yo stuff and it gets so annoying dun't it.
Cum on Barnsley lol.