PDA

View Full Version : Memories of our visits to Swillsboro ,,

Romared
10-12-2020, 05:35 PM
Not had many good one's have we , Why though ? Allus a poxy goal , sumdi sent off etc etc , I think I've seen us win theer 4 times in god knows how many visits , it's not a ground I ever want to visit again , it's old and delapelated , still a death trap the away end >:) , and it takes far too long to get home after the game , no decent parking , far too overated by many , Fans ev earrds like buckets MASSIVE

Ponte_Steve24
10-12-2020, 05:41 PM
Just remember us not turning up in 2004 and being cheated in 2006. Brunt scoring in 112th minute. I was there when we beat em' in 2009 though. Spent my dole money at that match.

SBRed48
10-12-2020, 05:41 PM
Av gorra picture of JCR's goal as it hit the top corner framed on the wall next to front dooar.

Allus leave that grarnd early as that away end concourse is a death trap at the end of the game.

animallittle3
10-12-2020, 05:49 PM
First ever visit to that hovel for our third division clash in 1979 .

About 8k reds on Lepping Lane that afternoon and we weren't to be disappointed in a 2-0 win avenging the 3-0 hammering they gave us at Oakwell on the opening day of the season .

Went on one of the two special trains , Wadsley Bridge station was still open in those days and it was proper kicking off as we walked back after the match , all hell brok loose .

Goals in the link , listen to the noise coming off Leppings Lane when we score .

One of the great days was that as we were struggling a bit in the higher level following promotion the previous year .

https://youtu.be/a2FKaO82Xuw

Romared
10-12-2020, 06:58 PM
Not sure now iffit wa Earsta Monday , Hunter in charge :heart: luvved his teearms , 0 -0 sent sub Glavin on , they litteraly sh it therrsens , result 1 -0 to us , a worron corner bit of the death shed , made a few bob that day from the porkies throwing coins , thank you snorters , ivvry littul elps thanose ;D

animallittle3
10-12-2020, 07:47 PM
The 2-2 draw in 1981 , the first half was one of the best 45 minutes I've ever seen from a Barnsley team that night .

We must have hit the woodwork four times and had a couple of goals disallowed .

Dek Parker eventually put us 1-0 up .

Wendy came out in the second half a different team and went 2-1 up .

Glav equalised near the end but Dek Parker got injured in the build up to the goal and was out for the rest of the season and in my opinion our promotion hopes to the top flight went with that injury .

Still remains one of the best games I've ever seen .

Young_Nudger
10-12-2020, 09:14 PM
Horrible ground.
In a horrible location.
Stuck at the bottom of a swilly with no chance of a pub crawl.

pass_and_move
10-12-2020, 10:35 PM
A like Hillsborough. Although old and in need of modernisation it has character and it remains one of the big football grounds that actually reminds me of the football I knew and love.

Hate going though. Only seen us win once when JCR scooard. Rest o time wiv bin shafted- Di canio, Sibon free kick, Brunt, Flicker season, list guz on. Feckin hate the place. Actually a tek it back, it's the biggest feckin sh1teoyle in South Yorkshire.

They've ed mooar than their fair share o luck against us the pox ridden 2hats. It's high time tables wo turned, wi due a touch. Come on Valerie and his boys. Wednesday will laik like Wycombe and mek this a non footballing event. All abart 3 points just like it wo last neet.

Romared
11-12-2020, 08:39 AM
Did anybody gu theer on train " football specials " it went allover place afoor eventually arriving at Wadsley Bridge Station , we wa herded up an darn to grarnd wi some nasty bobbies , passing plenty of pubs with the grunters throwing abuse etc, bloody long walk anorl >:)

Acido
11-12-2020, 01:23 PM
Who went there for the Zenith cup match in '90 ?. We drew 3-3 aet, and went through on pens. :)
David Hirst might have got a hat trick against us that night, Im not sure.

Romared
11-12-2020, 01:44 PM
Who went there for the Zenith cup match in '90 ?. We drew 3-3 aet, and went through on pens. :)
David Hirst might have got a hat trick against us that night, Im not sure.
Talking of Hirst , ez Albert been banned ? A gorra strange PM tutha day asking who Mods wa onneer :?

Acido
11-12-2020, 05:30 PM
Talking of Hirst , ez Albert been banned ? A gorra strange PM tutha day asking who Mods wa onneer :?

No idea what happened to uncle Alberto lol, has he been banned ?. :O