PDA

View Full Version : We all hate Leeds...

The Bedlington Terrier
21-12-2020, 04:47 PM
Read this and weep. The last time we played ManUre at Old Trafford we won 2-0. Fecking Tyke morons!

https://www.lancs.live/sport/football/football-news/burnley-leeds-united-dyche-bielsa-19498084

warminsterclaret
21-12-2020, 08:25 PM
Well, we've closed the gap on the white shirted w@nk3rs to 4 points with a game in hand.

oldcolner
24-12-2020, 01:38 AM
Sky Sports take

The most gung-ho team in Premier League history meet the grisliest one. You couldn't get two more different styles of playing the art of football.

The purist in me wants the Bielsa-ball to come out on top here but the markets have completely underestimated Burnley's strengths for this match-up. At 7/2 it's hard to ignore an away win.

Leeds have the worst defence in Premier League, conceding 30 goals, including 13 in their last four Premier League games. But the killer statistic that tips me in the favour of a Burnley win is the fact Leeds have conceded the most Premier League goals from set-pieces this season (14).

Sean Dyche has got his boys back to a performance level more akin to previous seasons with their defensive axis of Ben Mee and James Tarkowski still vastly underrated. For all Leeds' eye-catching and free-flowing attacking football, Burnley's defence is a thing of beauty when it comes to keeping out goals.

They also possess relentless energy in midfield with Josh Brownhill and Ashley Westwood and now have a strike pairing in Ashley Barnes and Chris Wood that are back amongst the goals. Away win.

JONES KNOWS PREDICTS: 1-2

That’ll do me.

The Bedlington Terrier
24-12-2020, 02:42 AM
And me. :D

oldcolner
24-12-2020, 08:06 PM
Bamford spills the beans

Me and the boys got on fine but me and Sean Dyche just clashed," he told the Daily Mail in 2017.

"I could sit down and talk to him now and be civil but we had different ideas of football. I didn't get a chance. His team has done great, mind. I can't argue with that.

"There were a few comments. Dyche said that because I had come through at Chelsea, and because of the way I had been brought up, I had never had to work for anything.

"My background is irrelevant and I didn't even come through at Chelsea. I started at Nottingham Forest cleaning toilets and scrubbing the shower floors.

"So saying I didn't want it enough was upsetting. I went home every night wondering how to get in the Burnley team. It was: 'You've been brought up nicely, had everything handed to you'. Is that what people think just because I went to private school and played instruments?

https://www.lancs.live/sport/football/patrick-bamford-leeds-united-burnley-19511655

Sounds a bit too clever to me. Didnt his father demand we pay his games subscriptions??

sinkov
24-12-2020, 08:21 PM
Bamford spills the beans

Me and the boys got on fine but me and Sean Dyche just clashed," he told the Daily Mail in 2017.

"I could sit down and talk to him now and be civil but we had different ideas of football. I didn't get a chance. His team has done great, mind. I can't argue with that.

"There were a few comments. Dyche said that because I had come through at Chelsea, and because of the way I had been brought up, I had never had to work for anything.

"My background is irrelevant and I didn't even come through at Chelsea. I started at Nottingham Forest cleaning toilets and scrubbing the shower floors.

"So saying I didn't want it enough was upsetting. I went home every night wondering how to get in the Burnley team. It was: 'You've been brought up nicely, had everything handed to you'. Is that what people think just because I went to private school and played instruments?

https://www.lancs.live/sport/football/patrick-bamford-leeds-united-burnley-19511655

Sounds a bit too clever to me. Didnt his father demand we pay his games subscriptions??

You wonder why, if Dyche had so little time for him, why he signed him, or at least sanctioned the loan deal. Or if Dyche didn't sign him, or sanction the deal, then who the feck did ? And if I'm not mistaken, we had exactly the same pantomime with Chalobah.

outwoodclaret
24-12-2020, 10:54 PM
I have no beef with Bamford. He is proving himself a top player. It just never happened at Burnley.

The Bedlington Terrier
25-12-2020, 04:57 AM
You wonder why, if Dyche had so little time for him, why he signed him, or at least sanctioned the loan deal. Or if Dyche didn't sign him, or sanction the deal, then who the feck did ? And if I'm not mistaken, we had exactly the same pantomime with Chalobah.

Add Wells, Hart, the Chelsea thug and a few others to that list sinkov. It baffles me, because Dyche does not appear to take sh!t!:confused:

oldcolner
25-12-2020, 07:44 AM
Add Wells, Hart, the Chelsea thug and a few others to that list sinkov. It baffles me, because Dyche does not appear to take sh!t!:confused:

Flsnnagan even Defour who made friends after 9 months.
Funny but of the.loanees the only ones to prove Sean wrong eventually is Bamford.

Supersub6
25-12-2020, 12:22 PM
Flsnnagan even Defour who made friends after 9 months.
Funny but of the.loanees the only ones to prove Sean wrong eventually is Bamford.

He has started well this season in the PL with Leeds, however, it remains to be seen whether or not he will prove Sean wrong. When he was with us we have Vokes, Barnes and Gray all doing OK, therefore, he was well down the pecking order.
When he left mid-season to go to Middlesbrough, who were then also in the PL, he only started 2 games at the end of the season.

He is now 27 years old and his overall PL record is 41 appearances with 10 goals and 1 assist.
Chris Wood, who is now 29 years old has made a total of 117 appearances and scored 38 goals with 4 assists. Of these, 107 appearances have been for the Clarets and he has scored 37 PL goals for us.