PDA

View Full Version : What Do You Want For Xmas?

mickd1961
23-12-2020, 01:26 AM
I’ve requested and am receiving nothing from my wife this year.

I find there’s nothing I need, I’d rather spend on others so I’m sending wife and eldest daughter for an overnight stay and afternoon tea at Claridges as it’s something my wife has always wanted to do ( not my scene at all! )

I can’t forgive him for that 35 yarder from the wing over Stuart Naylor’s Head in that 2-4 home defeat to Blues in the early 90’s so there’s no way I’m staying at his guest house!

What are you lot receiving and giving?

Baggiemadguern
23-12-2020, 07:56 AM

I find there’s nothing I need, I’d rather spend on others so I’m sending wife and eldest daughter for an overnight stay and afternoon tea at Claridges as it’s something my wife has always wanted to do ( not my scene at all! )

I can’t forgive him for that 35 yarder from the wing over Stuart Naylor’s Head in that 2-4 home defeat to Blues in the early 90’s so there’s no way I’m staying at his guest house!

Nothing for me also and nothing for her either. After years of swapping presents like jewellery, cameras and the likes, the Lady of the house does not wish for any more. I have tried to tempt her with a Mercedes or Audi convertible for the last few years (perhaps that is more for me than her tbh), but alas with our small roads and flying to most holiday destinations she would likely kill me if I did buy her/me that

We buy what we want when we want, so generally we want for nothing and so that is what we do, we get each other nothing we just enjoy the holiday for what it is, a break from the norm. Christmas Day will be spent with our kids their husbands/partners and and of course grandkids and then Boxing Day will be just the two of us.

Titchfieldbaggie
23-12-2020, 11:24 AM

Super Stevie Claridge! Titchfield born and bred. Lovely fella.

Joy_Division
23-12-2020, 12:11 PM
A bloody football club I can be proud of again with a team that plays entertaining football and that when it comes round to match day you feel that the game can be won as opposed to expecting to lose every game.

kettering_baggie
23-12-2020, 02:41 PM
A decent owner for our club would be an ideal present, at Christmas or any other time. Takeaway time for the Chinese runt.

Baggie Sharon
23-12-2020, 04:17 PM
I had a grandson yesterday - best present!

soulman101
23-12-2020, 04:30 PM
I had a grandson yesterday - best present!
Big congratulations, great to have some good news.

Baggie Sharon
23-12-2020, 04:57 PM
Thank you, Soulman. Merry Christmas to you, yours and all Baggies. x

Bombers right foot
23-12-2020, 05:27 PM
A bloody football club I can be proud of again with a team that plays entertaining football and that when it comes round to match day you feel that the game can be won as opposed to expecting to lose every game.

Unfortunately you’ll have a long wait with the Allardyceosaurus in charge

Baggienat77
23-12-2020, 08:58 PM
Lovely to have some nice news congratulations! A junior baggies I hope

TipperaryBaggie
23-12-2020, 10:34 PM
An end to this virus would be the most welcome present of all.

DaveP67 is back!
23-12-2020, 10:56 PM
World peace and to see the Albion lift a trophy!

kettering_baggie
23-12-2020, 11:05 PM
World peace and to see the Albion lift a trophy!

League Two in a few seasons time? That should increase Lai’s investment value a bit!

9goals2hattricks3pen
24-12-2020, 10:39 AM
I've booked a cottage (Coved permitting) for the whole family at Easter in Es*** a part of the country I know little about. Kids know it will be a surprise for my wife.

She has made me a waistcoat. She loves her sewing but I think the Genie misheard when he granted me my one wish. I didn't ask for 'a seamstress who is good with a needle and thread' I asked for 'a mistress who gives good head'