PDA

View Full Version : Hands Up Those Who Are Wearing Face Masks?

The Bedlington Terrier
24-12-2020, 01:49 PM
They irritate the f*uck out of me, they are giving me a nasty face rash and sores behind my ears.

That's it for me, I am claiming medical exemption, but to try and put an articulate argument together for not wearing one, I have come up with this.

As far as I can establish, there is still no compelling evidence that non-medical face masks or other face covers are an effective means of respiratory protection for the wearer of the mask.

I will concede however, there is evidence wearing a face covering may lessen the transmission of viruses, but in any event social distancing covers that.

Surely if a person suspects they may be carrying the virus, it’s best to stay home and act like you would if you have the ‘flu?

I'm witnessing people multiple wearing those cheap bloody blue paper ones and then chucking them in the street, or worse still wearing cloth ones that have not seen a washing machine for a month.

Best bet for me is to keep away from the nappy face mask wearers, social distance and stay home whenever possible.

Stay safe everyone and enjoy tomorrow, because after that it's Tier 4. :blue:

oldcolner
24-12-2020, 03:44 PM
Oh god not another thread for Sinkov and I to debate, though I think he’s probably doing the same as I.

I think you should use a handkerchief or wear a scarf and pull it over your nose and mouth when needed. I do carry a mask at all times but only wear it in shops or in the car if carrying someone eg grandsons. My glasses steam up with the mask which is irritating, but I don’t wear them long enough to get rashes or irritation. I have to careful I don’t pull my hearing aids out when taking them off. It you’re in meetings a mask is probably essential.

Common sense says wearing something should cut down what you receive and what you pass on, nothing is 100% protective apart from Zoot suits. Asian countries use masks routinely even outdoors they certainly have lower incidence of death. The BBC recently featured a study looking at levels of droplets with and without in a Synagogue and unsurprisingly masks cut the droplets and the distance they travel down. By how much, we have to wait for analysis.

Altobelli
24-12-2020, 05:07 PM
Only when entering shops BT, as they don't let me in without one..

Supersub6
24-12-2020, 05:16 PM
Oh god not another thread for Sinkov and I to debate, though I think he’s probably doing the same as I.

I think you should use a handkerchief or wear a scarf and pull it over your nose and mouth when needed. I do carry a mask at all times but only wear it in shops or in the car if carrying someone eg grandsons. My glasses steam up with the mask which is irritating, but I don’t wear them long enough to get rashes or irritation. I have to careful I don’t pull my hearing aids out when taking them off. It you’re in meetings a mask is probably essential.

Common sense says wearing something should cut down what you receive and what you pass on, nothing is 100% protective apart from Zoot suits. Asian countries use masks routinely even outdoors they certainly have lower incidence of death. The BBC recently featured a study looking at levels of droplets with and without in a Synagogue and unsurprisingly masks cut the droplets and the distance they travel down. By how much, we have to wait for analysis.

Thanks OC, I think that I will be OK because I'm not going to Asia and I won't be going into a Synagogue or any other religious establishment in the near future.

Just one question ---I know that they routinely wear masks outdoors in Asian countries and that they have a lower incidence of death, however, do they all live longer because they wear masks or do they die anyway? Just asking.

1959_60
24-12-2020, 05:19 PM
Yes, I only wear them in shops (I don't use public transport)

If I don't put it on correctly then it steams my glasses up, but this is easily sorted out.

Norder
24-12-2020, 06:12 PM

We don't - but from time to time....because its a monstrous thing to see folk wearing ugly pointless face nappy petri dish rags on their faces - I purchased half a dozen masks - interesting and fun - animal masks....the kids love the monkey...But I like the Lion.

;D

outwoodclaret
24-12-2020, 07:07 PM
Yes in shops and on buses.

sinkov
24-12-2020, 07:10 PM
I've made my views on face masks known often enough, so no doubt to OC's great relief, I'll leave this thread well alone. ;D

The Bedlington Terrier
25-12-2020, 04:49 AM
I've made my views on face masks known often enough, so no doubt to OC's great relief, I'll leave this thread well alone. ;D

Phew! XD