PDA

View Full Version : How the Fcuk was Knowles goal off side?

Ayeayeskipper
28-12-2020, 04:59 PM
Another one for officials.

irishpete
28-12-2020, 05:06 PM
Another one for officials.

Not seen it Navy, but signs of desperation when moaning about officials & goals. We are simply not good enough

durhampie
28-12-2020, 05:07 PM
It wasn't.

Warnocks Legends
28-12-2020, 05:09 PM
It was clearly on-side, watched several replays. Still doesn't excuse a lacklustre first half performance. Terrible negative tactics from Ardley and leaving our shooting boots at home. Torquay are running away with this league, it's already too late.

Ayeayeskipper
28-12-2020, 05:14 PM
Not seen it Navy, but signs of desperation when moaning about officials & goals. We are simply not good enough

We weren't mate but it was at least a yard onside.

CamPie
28-12-2020, 05:15 PM
It was clearly on-side, watched several replays. Still doesn't excuse a lacklustre first half performance. Terrible negative tactics from Ardley and leaving our shooting boots at home. Torquay are running away with this league, it's already too late.

Negative tactics? We were all over them 2nd half, loads of chances, just needed someone to be a bit more clinical in front of goal. 1st half wasn’t negative just didn’t move the ball quickly enough and got pressed into mistakes, but they still didn’t create many chances but took the one they got really well.

Warnocks Legends
28-12-2020, 05:17 PM
You really must have been watching a different game to me! Playing one upfront at home and two old men in midfield is negative all day long.

BigFatPie
28-12-2020, 05:17 PM
Negative tactics? We were all over them 2nd half, loads of chances, just needed someone to be a bit more clinical in front of goal. 1st half wasn’t negative just didn’t move the ball quickly enough and got pressed into mistakes, but they still didn’t create many chances but took the one they got really well.

The other team were better at scoring goals than us.

CamPie
28-12-2020, 05:18 PM

We were very good second half, frustrating first half. Overall did enough to win but we need a goal scorer - Knowles looks like he’ll develop into one but don’t think he does enough yet to start for us. I hope Thomas is available soon and also we are able to sign another option upfront.

Ayeayeskipper
28-12-2020, 05:20 PM

It was clearly on-side, you are absolutely right about Ardley. Terrible manager.

Observerpie
28-12-2020, 05:21 PM
We were very good second half, frustrating first half. Overall did enough to win but we need a goal scorer - Knowles looks like he’ll develop into one but don’t think he does enough yet to start for us. I hope Thomas is available soon and also we are able to sign another option upfront.

Thomas will miss more than he scores and as for signing another striker, we should've made a real effort to keep Dennis but it appeared Ardley didn't really fancy him.

irishpete
28-12-2020, 05:32 PM

We didn't do enough to win, otherwise we'd have won. You don't get points for playing well second half. Never heard owd Jimmys saying?

i961pie
28-12-2020, 05:40 PM

Not clearly? There was no view along the line except for the lino.

Frigiliana Pie 1
28-12-2020, 05:53 PM
Very frustrating. There used to be, and perhaps still are, two instructions in relation to the offside law. One said that the benefit of any doubt should be given to the attacker. The other said that if the players were level, it was onside.

Obviously these have been ditched in competitions where there is VAR, but shouldn’t they still apply elsewhere? In my opinion, Knowles’ goal should have been allowed and despite the performance not being good enough to win, Notts would have a point which they deserved.

magpie_mania
28-12-2020, 05:58 PM
You really must have been watching a different game to me! Playing one upfront at home and two old men in midfield is negative all day long.

Who were these 2 old men in midfield?

magpie_mania
28-12-2020, 06:00 PM
Very frustrating. There used to be, and perhaps still are, two instructions in relation to the offside law. One said that the benefit of any doubt should be given to the attacker. The other said that if the players were level, it was onside.

Obviously these have been ditched in competitions where there is VAR, but shouldn’t they still apply elsewhere? In my opinion, Knowles’ goal should have been allowed and despite the performance not being good enough to win, Notts would have a point which they deserved.

The offside law is the same whether there is VAR or not, surely. It's just that with it, there isn't any doubt.

ivansneck
28-12-2020, 07:19 PM
The offside law is the same whether there is VAR or not, surely. It's just that with it, there isn't any doubt.

The Law is the same, but underneath the laws are the interpretations that match officials have to follow. They have changed with the introduction of VAR.

Ayeayeskipper
28-12-2020, 08:09 PM
I can take marginals decisions but just like Enzio in the last minute of the first half, Jimmy was well onside.

BigFatPie
28-12-2020, 08:25 PM
If you’re relying on 5th tier linesmen to make the right call on a marginal offside decision to get a point against a team who played 2 days ago then you might as well stay at home.

Freeman25
28-12-2020, 08:27 PM

Classic old man rhetoric. "England will be playing four four f*cking two"...

4231 = 4 attackers, 2 centre mids and 2 attacking full backs

442 = 4 attackers, 2 centre mids and 2 attacking full backs

Just because the formation ends with a 1 doesn't make it a negative formation. We had Wooton, then Rodrigues, Walker and Enzio all in attacking positions, it's the best formation for the players we have by a mile and suits Rodrigues the most, and he is clearly a talented player (who i thought had a good game today and looked threatening most of the time he had the ball) imo so it's worth playing to his strengths, as well as others in attack.

We're clearly missing Roberts imo but other than that today just wasn't our day, we hit the post, had the ball go across the face of goal a couple of times and had a perfectly legitimate goal ruled out. I don't remember Slocombe making a save all game but i did miss the first 10 minutes in fairness.

bouncingoffthewalls
28-12-2020, 08:28 PM
I can take marginals decisions but just like Enzio in the last minute of the first half, Jimmy was well onside.

Surely you can say Jimmy was a marginal decision, it was the wrong decision but it was a close one. Unlike the one that they missed for them in the 1st half from that free kick. He was 5 yards off!

Ayeayeskipper
28-12-2020, 08:33 PM
Surely you can say Jimmy was a marginal decision, it was the wrong decision but it was a close one. Unlike the one that they missed for them in the 1st half from that free kick. He was 5 yards off!

Same lino

Elite_Pie
28-12-2020, 08:41 PM
Just because the formation ends with a 1 doesn't make it a negative formation. We had Wooton, then Rodrigues, Walker and Enzio all in attacking positions.

That's probably Ardley's intention, but until the second half Wootton was isolated up front.

nw6pie
28-12-2020, 08:55 PM
Classic old man rhetoric. "England will be playing four four f*cking two"...

4231 = 4 attackers, 2 centre mids and 2 attacking full backs

442 = 4 attackers, 2 centre mids and 2 attacking full backs

Just because the formation ends with a 1 doesn't make it a negative formation. We had Wooton, then Rodrigues, Walker and Enzio all in attacking positions, it's the best formation for the players we have by a mile and suits Rodrigues the most, and he is clearly a talented player (who i thought had a good game today and looked threatening most of the time he had the ball) imo so it's worth playing to his strengths, as well as others in attack.

We're clearly missing Roberts imo but other than that today just wasn't our day, we hit the post, had the ball go across the face of goal a couple of times and had a perfectly legitimate goal ruled out. I don't remember Slocombe making a save all game but i did miss the first 10 minutes in fairness.

They scored from their one shot on target and defended their box well. We did enough to at least draw in the second half, but we’re incapable of putting in a 90-minute performance. That Wealdstone game where we had 27 efforts on goal feels like a long time ago now.

The player loans are up at the end of the week, I think. Knowles is the only one I’d keep - loanees need to be worthy of a place in the starting XI - Wolfe wasn’t even in the squad again today. What is the point?

BanjoPie
29-12-2020, 09:02 AM
Thomas will miss more than he scores and as for signing another striker, we should've made a real effort to keep Dennis but it appeared Ardley didn't really fancy him.

Boxing Day - Dennis scores for ST Mirren (3.45) https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/football/55468925

laddo
29-12-2020, 09:39 AM
Well done Kristian on scoring your first goal for your new club St Mirren. Maybe that will encourage their manager to give him a starting slot.