PDA

View Full Version : Complaint to BBC

jimsilver
28-12-2020, 05:03 PM
I have logged a complaint with BBc Sport regarding inappropriate language used in the article about United winning the league
I referred to the description of Ralph Milne as

The bloated and bitter figure that Milne became before his alcohol-hastened death

In the context of the article I felt this was wholly inappropriate

ARAbCHNID
28-12-2020, 05:12 PM
Good on you Jim. It is actually a very good article but for that statement, the writer lets himself down badly.

TangerineDream
28-12-2020, 05:25 PM
It is indeed a great article, really enjoyed it, great stories.

However that comment stood out as completely inappropriate I agree. No need for it whatsoever.

Henrys Hall
28-12-2020, 05:54 PM
My bet is he has “banged” into Ralphie at the 4 Js and caught him on a bad day and asked him a few questions and got told to gettae or, maybe he wanted to do his book and got a knockback? Something irks him for sure, no need to print stuff like that about someone no longer here.

Yeats 62
28-12-2020, 06:21 PM
I have logged a complaint with BBc Sport regarding inappropriate language used in the article about United winning the league
I referred to the description of Ralph Milne as

The bloated and bitter figure that Milne became before his alcohol-hastened death

In the context of the article I felt this was wholly inappropriate

Bloated? cruel choice of word. Bitter? Never ever, saw him be bitter, even when being asked about a "where did it all go wrong George" type of question. As for "alcohol-hastened death" That is a true statement, but.. if the so-called writer was being impartial (as he should be) the word "unfortunate" would have been a nice touch and would have came over a lot more professionally.

Good on yi Jim, hope to see that sentence removed ASAP !!!

GUNBOAT
28-12-2020, 06:32 PM
I have just fired aff a salvo to the Beeb as well,FN shocking choice of words for a Scottish Premier League Champion.