PDA

View Full Version : Pulis fired - Eddie to Sheffield Weds?

oldcolner
29-12-2020, 01:57 PM
Former Burnley manager Eddie Howe is among the list of names being touted to replace Tony Pulis as Sheffield Wednesday boss with the bookies.

Howe, who is out of work having left Bournemouth in the summer, is a 9/1 shot to replace Pulis after the Owls pulled the trigger on the Welshman just 10 games into his tenure at Hillsborough.

oldcolner
29-12-2020, 04:25 PM
Pulis joined Wednesday in November but had to wait until 19 December to record his first victory. A statement on Monday night confirmed that the 62-year-old has left his post with immediate effect.

“The performances and results have not been of the level expected since Tony Pulis was appointed. There are also other issues which have had a bearing on this decision,” said the chairman, Dejphon Chansiri.

“On the pitch, seven points from a possible 30 is not acceptable. It is v ital we maintain our Championship status and I feel I must make a change now with over half of the season remaining to give us the best possible chance of doing so.”

oldcolner
29-12-2020, 04:27 PM
Gus Poyet is currently the 9/4 favourite to take over as the next Sheffield Wednesday manager, following the sacking of Tony Pulis. Former Vissel Kobe manager Thorsten Fink is also short in the market, at a best price of 5/2.

Not aiming high then?.

Next Sheffield Wednesday manager odds:
Thorsten Fink 5/2
Gus Poyet 13/5
Jose Morais 13/5
Mark Bowen 4/1
Paul Cook 8/1
Ryan Lowe 10/1
Danny Cowley 11/1

barrie_burn
29-12-2020, 04:34 PM
From an inside source I have been told Pulis is not easy to deal with.