PDA

View Full Version : Fulham game

oldcolner
29-12-2020, 08:00 PM
Could be in doubt as Spurs match tomorrow is due to Covid at Fulham

Wednesday match against Fulham may face a similar fate after a number of people tested positive for COVID-19 at Fulham.

The Bedlington Terrier
30-12-2020, 08:23 AM
I find it really strange that with the nation at risk from the world's greatest ever pandemic, with virulent strains mutating daily across our nation and the NHS being "overwhelmed and beyond breaking point", we even allow mass transportation of football squads and staff to travel across the country.

Something just does not add up. :confused:

oldcolner
30-12-2020, 08:53 AM
I find it really strange that with the nation at risk from the world's greatest ever pandemic, with virulent strains mutating daily across our nation and the NHS being "overwhelmed and beyond breaking point", we even allow mass transportation of football squads and staff to travel across the country.

Something just does not add up. :confused:

Yes your logic! These steps are to stop spread.
You want the season to shut down then?

and your ability to count deaths

oldcolner
30-12-2020, 08:54 AM
Where was Jay last night? Not down as injured and not even on the bench. I’m guessing he’s isolating.

The Bedlington Terrier
30-12-2020, 09:30 AM
Yes your logic! These steps are to stop spread.
You want the season to shut down then?

and your ability to count deaths

I do think the season should be shut down until the vaccines are rolled out and restarted possibly in April.

sinkov
30-12-2020, 09:35 AM
I think they'll try and keep the PL going, and on live TV, helps take people's minds off what's being done to them. There are precedents.

The Bedlington Terrier
30-12-2020, 09:46 AM
Where was Jay last night? Not down as injured and not even on the bench. I’m guessing he’s isolating.

He is injured, he did his knee on the quagmire known as Elland Road more or less when he entered the field of play as substitute.

oldcolner
30-12-2020, 04:01 PM
He is injured, he did his knee on the quagmire known as Elland Road more or less when he entered the field of play as substitute.

Thanks he’s showing up now as 1 of 6 injured. None near recovery it seems.

Spurs game tonight called off with 4 hours notice, so the odds are our game will go too. The next PL game is Jan 16th at West Ham, so time for some injured to recover and to give the youngsters and recoverers a game in the FA Cup v MKDons on the 9th.

The Bedlington Terrier
30-12-2020, 05:58 PM
Thanks he’s showing up now as 1 of 6 injured. None near recovery it seems.

Spurs game tonight called off with 4 hours notice, so the odds are our game will go too. The next PL game is Jan 16th at West Ham, so time for some injured to recover and to give the youngsters and recoverers a game in the FA Cup v MKDons on the 9th.

I think we could do with a breather OC. :blue:

oldcolner
30-12-2020, 10:22 PM
I think we could do with a breather OC. :blue:

Yes some good news from Barnfield

Winger hits a hat-trick in training-ground win as he edges nearer full fitness

Johann Berg Gudmundsson fired his way into the thoughts of the on-looking Sean Dyche with a hat-trick as the Clarets eased to a 5-1 training ground win against Lancashire neighbours Accrington Stanley.

Gudmundsson is being eased back into contention by Dyche after a tricky time with injuries.

But the Icelander successfully completed a full 90 minutes with the confidence boost of a well-taken treble on a bitterly cold afternoon to confirm his continued move back towards match fitness.

He was joined in the Clarets’ starting line-up by midfielder Jack Cork who added another 60 minutes on his return to full fitness following six months out of Premier League action.

Phil Bardsley also added some game time after asking to be involved to aid his sharpness following a similar run-out a week ago against Blackpool a week ago when Gudmundsson had played for just over an hour.

And Anthony Gomez Mancini, Jimmy Dunne - who picked up an early knock - and Joel Mumbongo, who were unused substitutes in Tuesday night’s win over Sheffield United, also started.

Mumbongo and Richardson got the other two

oldcolner
01-01-2021, 04:10 PM
Scott Parker has admitted he doesn't know if Sunday's Premier League clash with Burnley will go ahead after a coronavirus outbreak at Fulham.

Wednesday's London derby with Tottenham was called off with only three hours notice.

Fulham have returned to training despite the six players understood to have tested positive being forced to self-isolate.

All players and staff have been re-tested today and results should be available in the morning.

Fulham are planning to travel up to Burnley for the Sunday lunchtime kickoff after training tomorrow.

oldcolner
01-01-2021, 04:12 PM
Charlie Taylor is set to miss Burnley's Premier League fixture against Fulham this weekend as the Clarets await to discover the severity of the hamstring injury he sustained against Sheffield United.

The left-back is likely to be sidelined for the coming weeks.

But there is brighter news on the availability front as Dwight McNeil and Matej Vydra - who missed the home victory against Chris Wilder's men - could be in contention for a recall as the club nurse them back to full health.

Jay Rodriguez picked up a knock against Leeds United but may be included after missing midweek but the fixture will come too soon for long-term absentees Jack Cork and Johann Berg Gudmundsson, who have made excellent progress in the final stages of their rehabiliation.

The Bedlington Terrier
01-01-2021, 08:39 PM
Best news for us would be a postponement I reckon.

WillPark
01-01-2021, 09:06 PM
....The next PL game is Jan 16th at West Ham, so time for some injured to recover and to give the youngsters and recoverers a game in the FA Cup v MKDons on the 9th.

We are set to play the postponed match against United at home on the 12th according to sofascore...

oldcolner
01-01-2021, 09:17 PM
We are set to play the postponed match against United at home on the 12th according to sofascore...

Rearranged yesterday Will

Burnley vs Man Utd will be shown live on Sky Sports Premier League on Tuesday, January 12; kick-off 8.15pm.
Man City vs Aston Villa will take place on Wednesday, January 20; kick-off 8.15pm.

kritichris
01-01-2021, 09:46 PM
Best news for us would be a postponement I reckon.

It's debatable, Fulham don't want the match to be played either because of a weakened team.

Altobelli
01-01-2021, 10:02 PM
Hello kritichris, nice to see you here fella (:

The Bedlington Terrier
02-01-2021, 04:32 AM
It's debatable, Fulham don't want the match to be played either because of a weakened team.

Definitely cuts both ways. We are on a roll, so I suppose three points now off this lot really are worth six! ;)

alfinyalcabo
02-01-2021, 12:21 PM
The game is off.. I'm sure there will be loads more called off in the near future.

1959_60
02-01-2021, 12:44 PM
If the reports about Fulham players partying are true then we should be awarded the points. As should Spurs.

Reports that Mitrovic was out partying on NYE as well. If that is true then he should be banned for the season.

The Bedlington Terrier
02-01-2021, 01:39 PM
If the reports about Fulham players partying are true then we should be awarded the points. As should Spurs.

Reports that Mitrovic was out partying on NYE as well. If that is true then he should be banned for the season.

Some EPL footballers seem dead to me from the neck up.

oldcolner
02-01-2021, 03:16 PM

I agree 59 but the PL don’t

The League wishes those with COVID-19 a safe and speedy recovery and will rearrange Fulham’s two postponed games as soon as possible.

They will be wanting TV money whereas clubs lower down seem to get a 3-0 loss. Up here at least.

kritichris
02-01-2021, 05:03 PM
Speaking of TV money, we've just lost some unless the rearranged fixture is covered.

Norder
02-01-2021, 05:25 PM

game cancelled ?....becuase of what - remember Ronaldo, Cov pos, then posts an image of himself looking fit as a fiddle and telling us he's never felt better.

https://static.independent.co.uk/2020/10/28/13/newFile-1.jpg?width=982&height=726

as for this Mitro dance...don't know what the game is there, seems he's been off form and done little this season anyway, so little loss to Fulham him not playing...Personally, I dont care anything if he and a few mates get together, like us all, players across the table are hanging out with or passing by folk everyday, and as ever, perhaps picking up bugs and dealing with them....fact is, as always has, if you don't feel rotten,.thanks to your tip-top Immine systen - then your Not a case - and on you go....it's called common sense, remember that ?

Wow...this looks so - Dangerous !

https://www.thesun.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2021/01/NINTCHDBPICT000628400678.jpg?strip=all&w=431

XD

kritichris
02-01-2021, 06:05 PM
But all his hair dropped out ;-)

The Bedlington Terrier
02-01-2021, 06:52 PM
It is a bit odd that you can do a New Year's Eve party and then get a game postponed because you have all defied the SPIKE! >:(

kritichris
02-01-2021, 07:09 PM
I agree, at best they should have been made to play the games with a weakened squad, we've done that through injuries, but a penalty of some kind does seem appropriate.

Norder
02-01-2021, 07:33 PM

But all his hair dropped out ;-)

no need to be cirumspect - Krit....

make the call bro.... .

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTZJiNKEUz213l7F9-cPW7vIbYoIOlwyX2Oyg&usqp=CAU

XD

outwoodclaret
02-01-2021, 08:32 PM
Well my match preview is delayed then. Can I say Ovid was a great Roman poet but Covid was obviously not a welcome soothsayer? Woe Woe and thrice Woe.

Altobelli
02-01-2021, 11:02 PM
They are all at it, Tottenham's Lamela, Reguilon and Lo Celso at a party with their family's with West Hams Lanzini.

It shows how the Club value their players attitude with "The matter will be dealt with internally", I'm sorry but they blatantly disregarded Government and Club rules, they should be hung out to dry for all the public to see with fines and games missed, its another joke that only poor or average folk have to deal with.

kritichris
02-01-2021, 11:34 PM
It's not just players, anyone with serious income seems to think they can get away with flouting the rules. I presume all those skiers in Switzerland weren't short of a bob or two either.

sinkov
02-01-2021, 11:50 PM
Well my match preview is delayed then. Can I say Ovid was a great Roman poet but Covid was obviously not a welcome soothsayer? Woe Woe and thrice Woe.

Wasn't that Shakespeare, or Frankie Howard ? It certainly wasn't Ovid, or Covid, I don't think. :O

outwoodclaret
03-01-2021, 03:01 AM
It was definitely Up Pompeii sinkov. Soothsayer was usually interrupting Frankie (Lurcio) on his way to the Forum. Londinium clubs need to be sent to the Coliseum for punishment.