PDA

View Full Version : Stevenage v Swansea (FA Cup 3rd Round)

jackaway
09-01-2021, 09:49 AM
It’s FA Cup weekend and we’re away again to a lower league side, Stevenage of League Two. Having already had our nose bloodied at Newport in the League Cup earlier in the season, surely there’s the temptation to put out a stronger side this time if we want to progress.
Even Steve Cooper agrees with that - “I think there’ll be some changes. I don’t think it’ll be wholesale. We’re planning on taking all of the squad because I think we're in good momentum, and regardless of it being a league or cup game, we just want to keep going”
Stevenage haven’t been doing so well this season but have won their last two games and have just signed three players.
We know the Cup is a great leveller and there will be upsets, so expect a tough game. I don’t really care for the Cup competitions, especially as were riding high in the league this season, and I’ll be happy if we come through the match without any injuries, win or lose.
No replays, so there’s extra time and penalties if needed.
The match is on BBC iPlayer and the BBC Sport App live and is a welcome break for some fans and players alike, from the intense match scheduling of the Championship this season.

Estoban
09-01-2021, 02:20 PM
The teams -

Stevenage: Jamie Cumming, Luther James-Wildin, Ben Coker, Scott Cuthbert (captain), Charlie Carter, Danny Newton, Terence Vanccoten, Arthur Read, Jack Smith, Tom Pett, Chris Lines.

Substitutes: Billy Johnson, Romain Vincelot, Luke Prosser, Tyrone Marsh, Elliott List, Ross Marshall, Jack Aitchison, Luke Norris, Aramide Oteh.

Swansea City: Freddie Woodman; Kyle Naughton, Ben Cabango, Cameron Evans; Jordon Garrick, George Byers, Jay Fulton, Ryan Manning; Yan Dhanda; Wayne Routledge (captain), Viktor Gyokeres.

Substitutes: Lewis Webb, Marc Guehi, Korey Smith, Matt Grimes, Jamal Lowe, Liam Cullen, Jake Bidwell, Oli Cooper, Dan Williams.

Estoban
09-01-2021, 02:28 PM
Seven changes to the side that beat Watford.
Cam Evans makes his debut in defence. Benda injured so no rest for Woodman.
No Ayew but our other joint top scorer Lowe is on the bench. Cooper, just returned from Newport, is also on the bench.

Estoban
09-01-2021, 03:20 PM
0-1 Routledge 7 mins, assist from Dhanda

Estoban
09-01-2021, 04:02 PM
HT 0-1
No further goals. We dominated the first quarter but took our foot off the pedal and weak defending gave Boro a few corners and free kicks which they weren’t able to capitalise on.

Estoban
09-01-2021, 04:19 PM
0-2 Gyokeres header from a Garrick cross

Estoban
09-01-2021, 05:14 PM
FT 0-2 Routledge 7’, Gyokeres 50’
Woodman saved a penalty and Stevenage had plenty of other chances to score.

Iolo
10-01-2021, 09:15 AM
Woodman MOM for me with some excellent saves and the penalty stop.
Here’s the match report -
https://www.swanseacity.com/news/report-stevenage-0-swansea-city-2

Iolo
10-01-2021, 09:33 AM
Highlights -

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=k4XhmocSJIo