PDA

View Full Version : Go on Raith...

ballumbie_arab
23-01-2021, 04:13 PM
Frn

🤣

JamesMcClean
23-01-2021, 06:05 PM
I see that Jambos Kickback already has an ‘Official Robbie Neilson Out’ thread.

Pleasing.:D:D

stokearab
23-01-2021, 06:09 PM

They can't say we didn't warn them.
Karma.

JamesMcClean
23-01-2021, 06:12 PM
They can't say we didn't warn them.
Karma.

We should be eternally grateful to her, but thon cash that Bride of Chucky incredibly handed us to take RN off our hands will be proving v1tal for our finances currently. All hail the Bride!XDXD

shedka
23-01-2021, 07:05 PM
Very pleasing result, happy for Raith, see GMS played the full game on his return to Scottish football

Good results for us in the prem today, happy with that

offshore_arab83
23-01-2021, 07:39 PM

nae way ha ha

offshore_arab83
23-01-2021, 08:10 PM
Slow, pedestrian football, boring, passy passy football across the back. Then a big lump up the pitch and lose possession. No idea how to change things and turn it round.

This has been coming though, scraping through with poor performances

We should be doing far better than this

Don’t rate Robbie never have just tinkers about to much for me

We scraped past 8 **** teams whilst playing ****e.

Scary how the guys saying it was ok to play poorly because we were still winning aren’t mentioning it now. It was always going to happen sooner rather than later to the first decent team we’ve played away from home.

Didn't even want him back, yet here we are again with the same ****e football.

Nae pace, persistent side ways passing when urgency needed, general lack of basic skills. Professional "FULL TIME" players uninterested.

Disnae matter who we sign or place on longer contracts Neilson will take the football out of them.

Deja Vu from the last time he managed us in the Premiership.....boring, boring, boring.

On the positive side under RN we are great at passing backwards.

Robbie is a poor manager. Poor tactics, poor signings

ffs where have we seen this before, actually scary reading these comments as this was what was posted on here for 2 seasons

jjaflup22
23-01-2021, 08:46 PM
ffs where have we seen this before, actually scary reading these comments as this was what was posted on here for 2 seasons

Like bloody deja vu mate. We're well rid.

offshore_arab83
23-01-2021, 08:50 PM
Defo mate!!! 🧡

scoobydufc
23-01-2021, 09:10 PM
Nae bozzies fae the wee Budge for the minky Neilson tonight

ballumbie_arab
23-01-2021, 09:22 PM

Yep, posted similar so many times last season and before and got into disagreements with Shedka & others (unintentionally of course) because of it, but for me, it was clear, he was holding us back, and glad we got rid. We are still suffering from his sh!te transfer activities FFS!

GUNBOAT
23-01-2021, 09:40 PM
Yep, posted similar so many times last season and before and got into disagreements with Shedka & others (unintentionally of course) because of it, but for me, it was clear, he was holding us back, and glad we got rid. We are still suffering from his sh!te transfer activities FFS!

Somebody on Kickback has done a ballumbie arab copy and paste job mate,FACT.

ballumbie_arab
23-01-2021, 10:10 PM
Somebody on Kickback has done a ballumbie arab copy and paste job mate,FACT.

Ha Ha, nice one GB, and a fact!

shedka
23-01-2021, 11:39 PM

Don't like him for leaving us when he did but...
LOL like jambo kickback is a beacon of knowledge, it's a mixed bag of opinions on a larger scale than here and the knee jerkers will be out in force just now

Its a bit early to be writing him off at Hearts, was a decent penalty away from beating Celtic in a Scottish cup final at Hampden a few weeks ago from 2-0 after extra time and beat hibs in a derby in the semi final, its clear this has affected Hearts league wise, the way they lost that would impact most teams

They'll recover to extend the gap at the top of the league although enjoyed that result today especially as it was Raith and then Neilson will get backed to build for their return to the prem, last time he took them up he led them to 3rd first season back then 2nd middle of the next season

Time will tell who is proved correct and how he does overall but he certainly won't be getting sacked anytime soon

GUNBOAT
24-01-2021, 04:58 AM
LOL like jambo kickback is a beacon of knowledge, it's a mixed bag of opinions on a larger scale than here and the knee jerkers will be out in force just now

Its a bit early to be writing him off at Hearts, was a decent penalty away from beating Celtic in a Scottish cup final at Hampden a few weeks ago from 2-0 after extra time and beat hibs in a derby in the semi final, its clear this has affected Hearts league wise, the way they lost that would impact most teams

They'll recover to extend the gap at the top of the league although enjoyed that result today especially as it was Raith and then Neilson will get backed to build for their return to the prem, last time he took them up he led them to 3rd first season back then 2nd middle of the next season

Time will tell who is proved correct and how he does overall but he certainly won't be getting sacked anytime soon

He has got Raith in Raith again next week,there is every chance they will be dancing in the streets of Raith once more.

offshore_arab83
24-01-2021, 06:47 AM

Don't think anyone on here is claiming its a 'beacon of knowledge' its supporters same as us with alot, a hell of alot of same opinions and comments posted on here about RN. He wont get sacked either.

offshore_arab83
24-01-2021, 06:48 AM

i often wonder how we would have ended the season had it continued and he was playing his favourites which from christmas onwards proved it wasnt working, we were poor.

tHeArAb
24-01-2021, 07:44 AM
i often wonder how we would have ended the season had it continued and he was playing his favourites which from christmas onwards proved it wasnt working, we were poor.

Stumbled over the line most likely. One win in seven and struggling for goals before the league finished. Beaten at home by Arbroath during that spell with a team that had NINE of this seasons first team regulars in it!! As they say, winning breeds confidence and ours was cleary shot. We were turgid, brutal to watch & devoid of ideas, but we had a big enough gap over ICT for them not to catch us imo. They would've had to win almost all of their last nine games to pip us.

Could he be doing the same with the Jambos? He better hope not because they don't have as big a lead over the rest as we did.

offshore_arab83
24-01-2021, 08:27 AM
That's my memories of the last games, struggling like f uck, dropping key players for under performers hoping the lead we had was enough to see us through

Do not miss RN or his back room team at all

A. J
24-01-2021, 09:29 AM
That's my memories of the last games, struggling like f uck, dropping key players for under performers hoping the lead we had was enough to see us through

Do not miss RN or his back room team at all

A bit like this season, awful to watch, anyone would think we are fighting for our lives playing in a higher league against the likes of Celtic and Rangers with pretty much the same players,

Oh wait a minute, just looked, we are, I might give this Mellon fella a few more games then

JamesMcClean
24-01-2021, 09:36 AM
The Championship is not a given right now for Hearts, although you’d think over the stretch they are still likely to emerge on top. But Raith can’t be discounted, Dunfermline are still up there and even the likes of ICT who have loads of games in hand and seem to generally improve in the second half of the season can’t be ruled out.

Struggling to think of any other credible challengers though to be fair.XD

TerryTheTerror
24-01-2021, 09:44 AM
Stumbled over the line most likely. One win in seven and struggling for goals before the league finished. Beaten at home by Arbroath during that spell with a team that had NINE of this seasons first team regulars in it!! As they say, winning breeds confidence and ours was cleary shot. We were turgid, brutal to watch & devoid of ideas, but we had a big enough gap over ICT for them not to catch us imo. They would've had to win almost all of their last nine games to pip us.

Could he be doing the same with the Jambos? He better hope not because they don't have as big a lead over the rest as we did.

World have been great to go to Dens second last game of the season as champions though. :(

offshore_arab83
24-01-2021, 09:52 AM
As much as MM bothers me and his decisions and selections bother me AJ, aye yer totally correct!

A. J
24-01-2021, 10:01 AM
As much as MM bothers me and his decisions and selections bother me AJ, aye yer totally correct!

Don't get me wrong I'll be a bit pi55ed if we don't beat the Midden, but I can see little signs of progress albeit painfully slow.
I remind myself of this especially when reading the Jambos kickback literally against Robbie and thinking back to when he was with us, or even further back to Mixu,
Where would we be now with either at the helm

tHeArAb
24-01-2021, 10:11 AM
A bit like this season, awful to watch, anyone would think we are fighting for our lives playing in a higher league against the likes of Celtic and Rangers with pretty much the same players,

Oh wait a minute, just looked, we are, I might give this Mellon fella a few more games then
Exactly!!!!!!

The team that lined up vs Arbroath that day and got beat 0-1:

Siegrist
Smith Connolly Reynolds Robson
Pawlett Powers Butcher Sporle
Shankland Sow

Bar Sow, every one of them has played a big part this season. Seven or eight of them start every week without fail.

tHeArAb
24-01-2021, 10:23 AM
IMO another factor in all of this is that MM is actually setting his team out to play how they are playing. He is asking them to keep it tight. We aren't boring & defensive because the manager isn't motivating the players or the players aren't believing in the manger as what seemed to be the case with Neilson. MM realises how limited we are from back to front and sees any kind of point as being better than no point. Points = survival and that is all that matters this season. It's pish. We all want to attack, we all want to score goals, but I'd rather we were a Premiership team next season because we kept it tight as opposed to a Championship one that went down because we've attacked teams and opened the floodgates.

BudMill90
24-01-2021, 10:28 AM
Mellon took a Championship team and got a draw at Pittodrie the other week. As much as I wanted us to beat Saints and Hamilton, what would the scores be in those 3 games (especially the away games) with Robbie in the dugout.

darrenshedtastic
24-01-2021, 11:41 AM
Many different opinions on MM so far this season. I think like most, i'm content enough with the way we play if we pick up enough points to survive this season, Anything else is a bonus (although top 6 or even a small cup run would be good) MM knows his limitations with the squad and has looked at ways to make us hard to beat/solid hoping that it would pick up enough of points for us this season and so far it's had us in a decent position in the league (never below 8th i think?!) Being able to get basically the same squad from last year be comfortable enough in the league has shown he is a manager who is good at working with what hes got. (even if it was forced)

I do think however he could maybe be more ambitious with the squad we currently have. We do have players who are capable of causing teams problems but we seem to always resort back to the 5 at the back formation and want to grind results out. We show glimpses of good play but not enough. His happy to draw rather than risk for the win i think frustrates fans. MM's way of thinking will only be accepted if we survive comfortably this year and then there is a big improvement on style next season. He won't be able to play the "just surviving is good because we've just been promoted" card next year.

I do think we are doing better currently with MM than if we had RN but i do think some of the criticism of RN is harsh. yeah we weren't great after the new year last season but we got ourselves into a great position beforehand. yeah RN was helped in his spell at united by getting funded by MO and having shankland but previous managers have been well backed and not managed what he done so I think a bit of credit for him getting us back up and less disrespect imo. the manner he left and some of the football he played wasn't great but i appreciate what hes done for united and i dont have anything bad to say about RN tbh.

A. J
24-01-2021, 12:13 PM
Darren, not sure if you're fishing or it's an early April fools, Robbie built a lead because for a while in Autumn 2019 he played a system that created chances for Shankland

Shankland's goals built the lead, Robbie then signs Sow who gets injured then bloody Bingham who's true level is where he is now.
Too stubborn to revert back to what worked he then continued tinkering.
The amount of tinkering was out of order, the inability to make obvious needed changes during 90 mins was out of order as was the manner in which he left.

Just like Mixu I respect everyone who has been of service to the club but like Bingham Robbie is back at his true level but for how much longer who knows

Whilst wishing him no harm but like most Arabs I'm glad he's gone

JamesMcClean
24-01-2021, 12:26 PM
World have been great to go to Dens second last game of the season as champions though. :(

You wouldn’t be thinking specifically about a certain ‘Guard Of Honour’ per chance Terry?XD;)

GUNBOAT
24-01-2021, 02:05 PM

Me and Wagner were gutted too mate,even had his bed ready if you remember.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/4628596/dundee-bed-aberdeen-pie-kiosk/

tHeArAb
24-01-2021, 05:24 PM
Darren, not sure if you're fishing or it's an early April fools, Robbie built a lead because for a while in Autumn 2019 he played a system that created chances for Shankland

Shankland's goals built the lead, Robbie then signs Sow who gets injured then bloody Bingham who's true level is where he is now.
The amount of tinkering was out of order, the inability to make obvious needed changes during 90 mins was out of order as was the manner in which he left.

Just like Mixu I respect everyone who has been of service to the club but like Bingham Robbie is back at his true level but for how much longer who knows

His team sheet wasn't the Tombola Teamsheet for nothing.

Sow coming back from injury and walking straight into the team, in that same Morton game where he dropped our best defender Watson, was one of his best. I'm sure he played Sow in the no. 9 position that day aswell, dropping Shankland back to no.10 such was his belief in Sow. Absolute buffoon of a manager. He was very, very lucky having the players he had.

offshore_arab83
24-01-2021, 05:42 PM
Shanklands goals got us promoted and Watson being at CB got us promoted IMO

darrenshedtastic
24-01-2021, 06:13 PM

RN had plenty of critics. I totally agree with the stuff you said, he tinkered with the team too much and it showed from jan-march last season when our form dropped off. I was just pointing out that I felt he done a decent job at united. He was brought in to get us up and he done that. He didn't have the greatest of styles and he had help with funding from MO but still done what was required. He built a solid team who managed to get us out of the league where 2 other managers couldn't do while both being backed (definitely not as much but still backed).

I did say that I reckon MM is doing better than what RN would have done in the current situation. Again I was only pointing out that he achieved what was needed and shouldn't be ridiculed or slated as much as he has been. Think it's a modern day thing where everyone has to criticise and can't appreciate what people do with pointing out the flaws.

Anyways. he got us up. hes left now, we move on.