PDA

View Full Version : King Lynn live stream

HAPPYMAGPIEHAPPY
15-02-2021, 02:32 PM
Heads up for anyone thinking of buying the live stream tomorrow, their chairman has publicly appealed for someone to come and film it for free on twitter, yes they are still taking £12 bookings from Notts fans but as of yet they seem to have nobody to film it.
I wanted to let warn people as I was one of those that got stung by the Dover Athletic debacle.
Pay your money take your chance.

TSANHO
15-02-2021, 02:37 PM
Heads up for anyone thinking of buying the live stream tomorrow, their chairman has publicly appealed for someone to come and film it for free on twitter, yes they are still taking £12 bookings from Notts fans but as of yet they seem to have nobody to film it.
I wanted to let warn people as I was one of those that got stung by the Dover Athletic debacle.

Thanks for the heads up, think I’ll give this one a miss.

HAPPYMAGPIEHAPPY
15-02-2021, 02:44 PM
Slater & Stallard for me & I will put my stream money towards Saturday at home.

SwalePie
15-02-2021, 02:52 PM
It might make a lot of sense for Notts to offer to cover it as we did at Morpeth I think.

HAPPYMAGPIEHAPPY
15-02-2021, 02:53 PM
Great idea but they have left it until the day before the game to appeal for camera men, surely to short notice ?

OP67
15-02-2021, 04:22 PM
It might make a lot of sense for Notts to offer to cover it as we did at Morpeth I think.

That would certainly be the best option for both clubs.

CamPie
15-02-2021, 04:24 PM

Where did you see this? They are still advertising streaming passes on their official Twitter site and club website as of this morning.

CamPie
15-02-2021, 04:31 PM
Where did you see this? They are still advertising streaming passes on their official Twitter site and club website as of this morning.

Found it now - https://mobile.twitter.com/stephencleeve?prefetchtimestamp=1613406364543 - he is suggesting they have one camera operator and normally run three cameras, their camera team didn’t register the re-arranged date. So it looks like at best a reduced service so I may go with others on here and listen to Charlie and Stall.

Glad2BeAPie
15-02-2021, 06:29 PM
This will be Dover all over again. Won't be bothering

Elite_Pie
15-02-2021, 06:39 PM
I don't particularly enjoy watching games online (except the D&R game, that was bloody brilliant), but I've purchased all the home streams as a way to support the club financially. I haven't bought any away games apart from Morpeth, and that was only because it was provided by Notts who (I think) got 50% of the revenue. This one will be the same - if the stream is provided by King's Lynn I'll give it a miss, if Notts step in and supply coverage and get half the cash I'll sign up.

caj85
15-02-2021, 07:20 PM
Slater & Stallard for me & I will put my stream money towards Saturday at home.

Are they allowed to travel? Hasn't it been regional bbc commentators that supply both home and away coverage recently?

Glad2BeAPie
15-02-2021, 10:16 PM
Are they allowed to travel? Hasn't it been regional bbc commentators that supply both home and away coverage recently?

Radio Red pay for away stream, Charlie & Mark watch it in a room at BBC studios and commentate from that

ALPIECINO
15-02-2021, 11:28 PM
Bugger!! Wish I'd seen this earlier, I parted with 12 quid earlier this afternoon.
What a numpty!!

CamPie
16-02-2021, 08:44 AM
Bugger!! Wish I'd seen this earlier, I parted with 12 quid earlier this afternoon.
What a numpty!!

I will probably pay for it too. Having not been able to get to many games for a lot of years I’m enjoying watching Notts “live” this year and have bought streams for most matches home and away regardless of quality. It helps supports Notts and also the other NL clubs who are all in dire need of some income, I am lucky to be able to support in this way, I just hope they’ve found a cameraman or two.

magpie_mania
16-02-2021, 09:26 AM
I will probably pay for it too. Having not been able to get to many games for a lot of years I’m enjoying watching Notts “live” this year and have bought streams for most matches home and away regardless of quality. It helps supports Notts and also the other NL clubs who are all in dire need of some income, I am lucky to be able to support in this way, I just hope they’ve found a cameraman or two.

Sums up my thoughts.

Watched more Notts this season than for a long time living away. Not really had many problems with the streaming - Dover was by far the worst game (in many respects!).

£12 for 2 of us to watch compared to £40 for a game at ML plus travelling costs is very acceptable, even if quality dips at times a bit.

TSANHO
16-02-2021, 10:38 AM
Sums up my thoughts.

Watched more Notts this season than for a long time living away. Not really had many problems with the streaming - Dover was by far the worst game (in many respects!).

£12 for 2 of us to watch compared to £40 for a game at ML plus travelling costs is very acceptable, even if quality dips at times a bit.

I’m the same actually, ironically I’ve seen Notts more this year than I have for ages...no matter what I say come 7pm I’ll be buying the stream, what else is there to do 🤷*♂️

ncfcog
16-02-2021, 11:30 AM
Having missed the dagenham stream due to work i still have £12 burning a hole in my pocket so will give it a go. Will have Slater and Stall on the Sounds app and just sync it to the action but will also dip into the home commentary as that is usually good for a laugh.

MAD_MAGPIE
16-02-2021, 12:48 PM
I've watched all the home league games and all the away league games. The Notts stream is a cut above the rest in my opinion overall so it would be prudent for those who have watched home streams who may be thinking of purchasing away streams to bare that in mind.

The Dover stream was a farce but overall the others have been acceptable. Some have been a bit dodgy in terms of camera angles, and zooming and less professional than the Notts one at times. The commentaries at away games offer a different insight but my preference is like others to have Slater and Stallard sync'd if possible.

For me what I don't like is if it cuts out or buffers and you miss game time as that is incredibly frustrating. I can put up with a bit of dodgy camera work or it not being crystal clear all the time as long as watching does not make you nauseous, and that's doesn't mean the quality of the match either. XD

51Magpie
16-02-2021, 01:27 PM
Having seen the posts above by CamPie, MM and TSANHO, I'm hoping there are enough of us to ensure that streaming is kept going when normality resumes. It would be a simple enough poll for the club to undertake. They may find they've discovered a sustainable extra income stream. There must be loads of people here and abroad who simply can't get to home games on a regular basis. For years, I've mostly attended away games that are 'within range'.

Elite_Pie
16-02-2021, 02:05 PM
Having seen the posts above by CamPie, MM and TSANHO, I'm hoping there are enough of us to ensure that streaming is kept going when normality resumes. It would be a simple enough poll for the club to undertake. They may find they've discovered a sustainable extra income stream. There must be loads of people here and abroad who simply can't get to home games on a regular basis. For years, I've mostly attended away games that are 'within range'.

I realise it would be great for those who don't live locally, but what impact would it have on attendances? I would still be at the ground for home games, but some might opt for the telly. If four mates usually go to Meadow Lane they would spend around £80, would they be tempted to spend £12 on the stream and watch it together at one of their houses instead?

countygump
16-02-2021, 02:11 PM
I realise it would be great for those who don't live locally, but what impact would it have on attendances? I would still be at the ground for home games, but some might opt for the telly. If four mates usually go to Meadow Lane they would spend around £80, would they be tempted to spend £12 on the stream and watch it together at one of their houses instead?

Wonder if it would be worthwhile doing it for 'overseas fans' only? Would be nice for them but probably not viable. Would the NL allow it?

magpie_mania
16-02-2021, 03:17 PM

There's zero chance for the reasons Elite has said. Fully understand that.

When we are in the Premiership we'll have all our games on TV. Wouldn't surprise me if that is where they are heading.

51Magpie
16-02-2021, 09:27 PM
There's zero chance for the reasons Elite has said. Fully understand that.

You and Elite are right, of course. I was thinking selfishly and hadn't thought it through properly. I'll just have to make the most of it for now, as a silver lining on the COVID cloud.