View Full Version : Wilder to leave Sheffield United

abbobrom
12-03-2021, 12:34 PM
Strong reports that Wilder to leave Sheffield United after five years. If true, not the best time to put some one in with their current league position. They are still in the FA Cup as well.

WOODLANDSWOLF
12-03-2021, 03:51 PM
Not a surprise really I guess. Although it seems like it is to some extent his own decision due to poor backing from the owners in terms of investment and training conditions. I think they were just found out this season, teams have just adjusted to their, what was very successful, direct and robust style of play.

Maybe that's one of our problems, we have been found out!

theplater
12-03-2021, 06:30 PM
Gobsmacked. Huge mistake if it was the clubs decision as he is just the man to get them back up!

nortonwolf
13-03-2021, 08:37 AM
I agree with Woody that it’s probably his decision... He’s done a phenomenal job though. Strange how the same group of players can turn from a side bordering on a Place in Europe to relegation fodder one season to the next.

MichiganWolf
13-03-2021, 02:52 PM
He’ll land on his feet somewhere. Did a good job.

9 o their losses have been 1-0 this year. 4-2-14 in goals decided by a goal. Felt they were a bit snakebit this year but when you can’t score goals (only 16 on the season for them), you will lose most of your games.