PDA

View Full Version : The Dreaded ‘R’ Word

JamesMcClean
14-03-2021, 08:44 AM
Barring a Funny 2005 style implosion, it’s looking likely that MM and the squad have achieved the minimum target and are going to keep us up. In contrast to when we played them earlier in the season at Tannadice, a barometer of how things have subtly changed is that this time going into play the Sheepies I’m expecting a result as opposed to the damage limitation exercise we were anticipating previously. I reckon we’ll likely finish on circa 42 pts and probably end up around 8th which I’d be comfortable with. However, to stress that is fine for this season as in many ways the even harder work starts now as next season, yes I’ll be looking for top six and genuine improvements and progress. Work for that needs to start now in these final games and that means playing with a view to the future so no McNulty over Appere and now he’s back fit, get game time into Chalmers (and Sporle while we’re at it).

Looking beneath us, it’s looking like 2 from 3, between Killie, Accies and Coonty for 11th and 12th. Seeing as we regularly get phuck all at Rugby Park, I’d be delighted to see the back of Killie particularly as they’ve dodged it two or three times over the last decade and also to get it right up Tommy ‘I Hate United’ Wright. And in order to clear mair of that plastic pitch pish out of the division I’d also be delighted to finally see the back of the turd that winnae flush and get Accies tae phuck through the play offs. However looking at the play off teams in the Championship I’m not seeing it - I don’t think there’s any danger they’d win so regretfully that means another plastic West Coast trip next season.:mad:

GUNBOAT
14-03-2021, 09:02 AM
Hold your horses James,the managerial genius of McPoke has the Groin Stroker firing in crosses from all angles and he now has SIX assists in as many games.
The Dees cannot at this stage be written off and Charlie is now out of quarantine.

JamesMcClean
14-03-2021, 09:13 AM
Hold your horses James,the managerial genius of McPoke has the Groin Stroker firing in crosses from all angles and he now has SIX assists in as many games.
The Dees cannot at this stage be written off and Charlie is now out of quarantine.

SIX - a more than familiar number for the fast dwindling rump of those of a really, really Dark Blue persuasion.:D

offshore_arab83
14-03-2021, 10:33 AM
Barring a Funny 2005 style implosion, it’s looking likely that MM and the squad have achieved the minimum target and are going to keep us up. In contrast to when we played them earlier in the season at Tannadice, a barometer of how things have subtly changed is that this time going into play the Sheepies I’m expecting a result as opposed to the damage limitation exercise we were anticipating previously. I reckon we’ll likely finish on circa 42 pts and probably end up around 8th which I’d be comfortable with. However, to stress that is fine for this season as in many ways the even harder work starts now as next season, yes I’ll be looking for top six and genuine improvements and progress. Work for that needs to start now in these final games and that means playing with a view to the future so no McNulty over Appere and now he’s back fit, get game time into Chalmers (and Sporle while we’re at it).

Looking beneath us, it’s looking like 2 from 3, between Killie, Accies and Coonty for 11th and 12th. Seeing as we regularly get phuck all at Rugby Park, I’d be delighted to see the back of Killie particularly as they’ve dodged it two or three times over the last decade and also to get it right up Tommy ‘I Hate United’ Wright. And in order to clear mair of that plastic pitch pish out of the division I’d also be delighted to finally see the back of the turd that winnae flush and get Accies tae phuck through the play offs. However looking at the play off teams in the Championship I’m not seeing it - I don’t think there’s any danger they’d win so regretfully that means another plastic West Coast trip next season.:mad:

getting rid of Killie and Hamilton would be a dream, less trips to west coast and 2 x plastic pitches to f uck

wont happen though will end up county or something, but least we have another trip to the capital next season with Hearts certs to come up

Dont want Dundee up, canna be bothered with their fans tbh keep them as far away fae us as poss

JamesMcClean
14-03-2021, 11:03 AM
getting rid of Killie and Hamilton would be a dream, less trips to west coast and 2 x plastic pitches to f uck

wont happen though will end up county or something, but least we have another trip to the capital next season with Hearts certs to come up

Dont want Dundee up, canna be bothered with their fans tbh keep them as far away fae us as poss

Yes, it would be nice to correct the current geographical imbalance in the Premier by getting rid of Killie and Accies and replacing them with two east coast teams. Much easier for travelling and frankly a lot more enjoyable going to Dunfermline and Edinburgh than thon schitholes on the other side of the country. I’ll tell you what though if both Killie and Accies went doon and the Funsters fail to get up, that is going to be a pretty brutal division next year with say Killie, Accies, Falkirk and maybe Thistle coming back up too.

offshore_arab83
14-03-2021, 11:15 AM
Yes, it would be nice to correct the current geographical imbalance in the Premier by getting rid of Killie and Accies and replacing them with two east coast teams. Much easier for travelling and frankly a lot more enjoyable going to Dunfermline and Edinburgh than thon schitholes on the other side of the country. I’ll tell you what though if both Killie and Accies went doon and the Funsters fail to get up, that is going to be a pretty brutal division next year with say Killie, Accies, Falkirk and maybe Thistle coming back up too.

its a hard league at the best of times, as we know too well, but eh, thats no gonna be easy with bigger teams in that league.

weegiearab
14-03-2021, 01:44 PM
I am happy to let MM make the team his own and hopefully we can look forward to seeing a more balanced team with no square pegs for round holes. Personally, I don't think we meed the complete overhaul that we have had to do previously. I couple of players let go, a couple of players signed and some of the youngsters breaking through. We want to get survival nailed on this season so we can start the build for next season as soon as possible.

offshore_arab83
14-03-2021, 02:03 PM
I am happy to let MM make the team his own and hopefully we can look forward to seeing a more balanced team with no square pegs for round holes. Personally, I don't think we meed the complete overhaul that we have had to do previously. I couple of players let go, a couple of players signed and some of the youngsters breaking through. We want to get survival nailed on this season so we can start the build for next season as soon as possible.

agreed mate, no overhaul required next season, all about strengthening

I think Benji will be away so will need a keeper and of course screaming for wingers

Shankland will be an interesting one, do we offer him a new deal? will someone come in for him? who knows...

TerryTheTerror
14-03-2021, 03:19 PM
Shankland will be an interesting one, do we offer him a new deal? will someone come in for him? who knows...

We should be offering him a new deal now, I feel the time is right for it from our and his perspective.

shedka
14-03-2021, 04:04 PM
2005 fun implosion would not have mattered if we didn't take 14 pts from our last 7 games, winning at ibrox, beating them at dens, beating hearts, winning in Inverness etc, we drastically picked up form to save ourselves, if we had only picked up slightly we'd have still went down despite their implosion, we were on 22 pts after 31 games and finished on 36, they finished on 33 after having been on 31 after 32 games

We aren't the fun, can't remember Utd ever Imploding from that far ahead to get relegated.. we've been safe for weeks now in my opinion

I felt we were safe once we won at County after that wee dodgy run of three worrying losses, the win over livi just confirmed it

GUNBOAT
14-03-2021, 04:35 PM
You can always and i mean always count on the Fun to at least emulate if not better our failures.EG we get relegated they get relegated,we get a game postponed they slag phuck out of us but then have FOUR in a row postponed.I reckon they will at least emulate our 4 years in oblivion but probably better it,FACT.

arab777
14-03-2021, 07:36 PM

Going to Glasgow or Edinburgh from Dundee nowadays there is very little time difference. Going to Glasgow in the past was a long trip having to drive through Perth, then Auchterarder, then Dunblane, then Stepps and when you got to Glasgow there was no motorway through it. Now it is a straight drive with only 2 roundabouts on the way.

offshore_arab83
14-03-2021, 10:39 PM
Probably isn’t to be fair but it is quicker visiting Edinburgh, that stretch of road on way to Glasgow from broxden to Dunblane always feels long as ****. Especially on a bus. Hate it.

Paisleys a treck that’s a good 2 hours, hate that journey, Motherwell and Hamilton no too bad

Think the fact we’re at the forth bridges in 50 mins help, once you’re there 10 mins later you’re at the boozers in centre so Edinburgh always easier for travel

arab777
15-03-2021, 09:41 AM
10 minutes from Forth Bridge to city centre of Edinburgh? Do you have a special jet pack tied to your back? :O

GUNBOAT
15-03-2021, 07:28 PM
10 minutes from Forth Bridge to city centre of Edinburgh? Do you have a special jet pack tied to your back? :O

I remember one game where we were stuck on a supporters bus in Edinburgh for longer than the journey from Dundee had taken.It was a night match if i remember correctly.

GUNBOAT
15-03-2021, 07:43 PM
Tasty games in the R battle this week troops.The bottom three are all playing teams who need the points just as much as them.

Hamilton v ST FN Mirren who need the points to confirm top 6.

Killie v Motherwell who need the points for safety.

ST Johnstone v Ross County where the home side with a win can make the top 6 IF the other Saints lose.

arab777
15-03-2021, 07:47 PM
I remember one game where we were stuck on a supporters bus in Edinburgh for longer than the journey from Dundee had taken.It was a night match if i remember correctly.

Th worst for me was the first League Cup Final game at Hampden against Aberdeen. The traffic was gridlock after the game and took an hour just to drive past Hampden. The weather had been horrendous that day with heavy flooding on route so my dad decided to go back the Kincardine Bridge route. In Fife the fog was that bad in parts the cars were virtually at a standstill and I had to get out at one point and guide the car. Took about 6 hours to get home. Worth it with the replay though B)

The worst for getting away was a cup game at Brechin. The cars were guided in to a field next to the ground which became a mudbath. Every car had to be pushed out of the mud individually to get away.

JUSTaway
15-03-2021, 09:52 PM
Got stuck in gridlock going to Hampden once going to a league cup semi and missed about first 25-30 mins, got in just to see Nick Colgan save a penalty for Utd, unfortunately we were already 0-2 down to Rangers. Then we mounted a comeback, Jason Scotland scored, we hit the inside of the post, were all over them for about 15-20 mins, and got beat 1-7 :O

TerryTheTerror
15-03-2021, 11:05 PM
Got stuck in gridlock going to Hampden once going to a league cup semi and missed about first 25-30 mins, got in just to see Nick Colgan save a penalty for Utd, unfortunately we were already 0-2 down to Rangers. Then we mounted a comeback, Jason Scotland scored, we hit the inside of the post, were all over them for about 15-20 mins, and got beat 1-7 :O

Was at that game, I think me and my mate were the last Arabs out the ground as we were both determined to stay to the bitter end. And ex-poster here (KiltedArab) was saying he got arrested on the way into the game for being pished. Jammy *******. :D

arab777
16-03-2021, 09:58 AM
Was at that game, I think me and my mate were the last Arabs out the ground as we were both determined to stay to the bitter end. And ex-poster here (KiltedArab) was saying he got arrested on the way into the game for being pished. Jammy *******. :D

I'd forgotten about kilted arab. He should have been pished on that appearance on Off The Ball. It would have been far more entertaining.

offshore_arab83
16-03-2021, 01:00 PM

NigelMansellDUSC