PDA

View Full Version : Warne to miss two games due to covid

Brin
15-03-2021, 12:11 PM
Rotherham boss Paul Warne will miss the games against Watford and Bristol City because he has to self isolate after the club's recent Covid-19 outbreak.

The Millers postponed three matches because of three positive test results.

Assistant Richie Barker and goalkeeping coach Andy Warrington will temporarily take charge, with first-team coach Matt Hamshaw also forced to self isolate.

"It's gone through the camp and we've had a significant number isolating, including myself now," said Warne.

"The lads' first day back in will be today, as I do this interview on Monday.

"They won't have myself, Richie or Hammy there, but fortunately we've got Andy Warrington to oversee training.

"Richie will be able to take a session with the lads on Tuesday morning to take them through some work to prepare them as well as we can technically."

The club's Roundwood training ground has now reopened to players and staff after it was closed following the outbreak.

gm_gm
15-03-2021, 12:49 PM
Perhaps now Karanka will make a long awaited public apology

Ericsladkilnhurst
15-03-2021, 12:51 PM
The Covid bug is going around our players & coaching staff, hopefully Barker or Warrington won't get the symptoms.
The question is, why are the Millers getting hit with the virus, where other teams are staying clear.

Brin
15-03-2021, 12:59 PM
The Covid bug is going around our players & coaching staff, hopefully Barker or Warrington won't get the symptoms.
The question is, why are the Millers getting hit with the virus, where other teams are staying clear.

Probably due to the fact they were all training together and one was the carrier. This in effect can take up to two weeks or more to break out, meanwhile it's being passed around without anyone realising it. Now boom! It's rife throughout the camp management/team everyone involved.

gm_gm
15-03-2021, 01:23 PM

The same could be said about anyone who catches it, if you catch it you catch it

WanChaiMiller
15-03-2021, 01:23 PM

There will be some answer to it.

Our training ground is not private so maybe less covid secure than others? Maybe our facilities get the players closer together? Or our gym being in a porta cabin.

I dont know.

flourbasher
15-03-2021, 01:29 PM
PW will probably be in his garden shed again.
Perhaps a couple of cans of special brew to keep him company

I think he said it was a nightmare last time as there is about a 2 minute delay.
So when he's talking to Grandad Warrington on the phone the game is actually ahead of the pictures on his TV screen
The late Norwich penalty caught him out although he may have celebrated that one

Grist_To_The_Mill
15-03-2021, 01:45 PM
There will be some answer to it.

Our training ground is not private so maybe less covid secure than others? Maybe our facilities get the players closer together? Or our gym being in a porta cabin.

I dont know.

Might this be a factor?

https://www.health.com/condition/infectious-diseases/coronavirus/can-air-conditioning-spread-covid-19

MillersTime
15-03-2021, 01:51 PM
Hopefully PW isn't affected medically and it's more of a logistical nuisance. I'm sure the lads will do him proud and get that shed rocking. Tomorrow will definitely be interesting as to team selection. Any ideas on how many will be out due to isolation? I haven't seen anything.

WanChaiMiller
15-03-2021, 01:57 PM
Might this be a factor?

https://www.health.com/condition/infectious-diseases/coronavirus/can-air-conditioning-spread-covid-19

Could be. You dont have ventilation when the AC is on.

Didnt sound like Warne had it, just isolating.

Brin
15-03-2021, 02:01 PM
Might this be a factor?

Very similar to all the coughs and colds I use to experience at work, as I sat very near to the air con coming out of the ceilings. You'd see folk arrive coughing and spluttering and thinking, I hope I don't catch that. I'll have to check all visitors to my home in the summer then, before I allow them in to my air conditioned home. Better to be safe than sorry.

Slimchance
15-03-2021, 03:54 PM

It is a question that needs to be asked, are the players getting advise from the medical staff ?
Have the players had jabs yet ?
This could be very serious for us if we have another outbreak in the final weeks of the season, as I don't think EFL will want to extend the season.

Grist_To_The_Mill
15-03-2021, 06:36 PM
Very similar to all the coughs and colds I use to experience at work, as I sat very near to the air con coming out of the ceilings. You'd see folk arrive coughing and spluttering and thinking, I hope I don't catch that. I'll have to check all visitors to my home in the summer then, before I allow them in to my air conditioned home. Better to be safe than sorry.

It’s quite a well known risk factor for sailors on submarines

On the nuclear fleet the crew have an extensive medical before going on patrol

caytonmiller
15-03-2021, 08:11 PM
If the EFL aren't happy then let them play with covid. Let's see if the opposition are happy to play the games.

clarkey1974
16-03-2021, 09:57 AM
I am sure warne said he was self isolating from last Friday...not sure why that is if things had been shut down ...unless that’s from a personal angle...

Grist_To_The_Mill
16-03-2021, 10:07 AM
I am sure warne said he was self isolating from last Friday...not sure why that is if things had been shut down ...unless that’s from a personal angle...

So reading between the lines it suggests one of PW’s family has been tested positive, not him.

millertop
16-03-2021, 01:07 PM
Hopefully PW isn't affected medically and it's more of a logistical nuisance. I'm sure the lads will do him proud and get that shed rocking. Tomorrow will definitely be interesting as to team selection. Any ideas on how many will be out due to isolation? I haven't seen anything.

How’s he sound/look to you? It could just be a cold or lack of sleep but...

https://t.co/V3dOjl8kqy?amp=1

Let’s hope there’s no long term effects in any who have had it