PDA

View Full Version : O/T the elephant in the room: Astra Zeneca

the_idiotb_stardson
16-03-2021, 09:19 AM
Anybody any thoughts about 11 EU countries suspending the jab?

Politically motivated?

Has the tax been rushed through too quickly ?

Has it changed anyone's mind about having the jab?

Final question: can we expect the British or European press to cover the story objectively?

great_fire
16-03-2021, 09:36 AM
I don't think it's about Brexit as it was Norway who first suspended the roll-out and they're not in the EU.

There have been cases of blood clots with the Pfizer vaccine as well though.

I can see the point of vaccinating the old and vulnerable but not the young and healthy, that was never done with the flu vaccine and that's a well-tested vaccine.

Grist_To_The_Mill
16-03-2021, 09:42 AM
Personally I think it’s just a massive smokescreen to hide the supply and roll out issues that these countries have experienced

By raising these doubts they are just kicking the can down the road whilst they get their act together

Buying time, that’s all it is

clarkey1974
16-03-2021, 09:52 AM
If they want to put the fires out by turning off the water hoses that’s up to them..

Scum-Triumphant
16-03-2021, 09:58 AM
All the more for us

gm_gm
16-03-2021, 10:12 AM
An idiot German MEP this morning defended the suspension decision and then in the next breath slagged us off for not sending more AZ to them...

great_fire
16-03-2021, 10:14 AM
Even Sweden have suspended it and Astra-Zeneca is a British-Swedish company.

If there is something wrong with it our government is going to look very bad for allowing the vaccinations to continue here.

Ericsladkilnhurst
16-03-2021, 10:17 AM
I don't think it's about Brexit as it was Norway who first suspended the roll-out and they're not in the EU.

There have been cases of blood clots with the Pfizer vaccine as well though.

I can see the point of vaccinating the old and vulnerable but not the young and healthy, that was never done with the flu vaccine and that's a well-tested vaccine.

Our surgery giving flu jabs to younger people last week, when I went to pick up some paperwork, they open the doors, nurse was giving jabs just inside the door way, like she did with us over 60's last year.

MillersTime
16-03-2021, 10:23 AM
If they want to put the fires out by turning off the water hoses that’s up to them..

^ This 100%

Why haven't we had such issues? Or are the British built differently to the rest of Europe somehow? We seem to be medically unique from the effects. Smokescreens.

crashbang
16-03-2021, 10:25 AM
they gave an e.g on tv.
if 10 million vaccinated, 50 people with clots

10 million not vaccinated, probably same amount getting blood clots.
same with heart attacks etc

clarkey1974
16-03-2021, 10:28 AM
Our surgery giving flu jabs to younger people last week, when I went to pick up some paperwork, they open the doors, nurse was giving jabs just inside the door way, like she did with us over 60's last year.

because we have had all these measures in place over the winter months.there’s been hardly nothing of flu cases...and they suspect that when that comes back this winter some immunity will have been lost and possible heavy mutations of it which will effect younger people as well as the old..and modifications of flu jab will be needed and required..

MillerBill
16-03-2021, 10:48 AM
The leaders of Ireland.Germany,France and Italy should hold their heads in shame,sacrificing human lives to save the EU.There will be wide reprisals from the people of these countries because lives are being lost.All the medical proof is there that this vaccine is safe but the "more knowlegable" idiots like Macron will try to devalue what we've done ,purely through jealousy.They will have many questions to answer through their disastrous handling of the vaccine output.

the_idiotb_stardson
16-03-2021, 10:58 AM
Anyone think our government will play this with a straight bat and report stats for the blood clots accurately ?

It is not as thought they haven't got previous.

Didn't they 'up-diddle' the number of covid cases?

millertop
16-03-2021, 11:00 AM
If you don’t want the vaccine then don’t

great_fire
16-03-2021, 11:00 AM
Anyone think our government will play this with a straight bat and report stats for the blood clots accurately ?

Out government is one of the worst for suppressing information, they regularly slap D-notices on the press.

the_idiotb_stardson
16-03-2021, 11:07 AM
Out government is one of the worst for suppressing information, they regularly slap D-notices on the press.

Previous.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/health-53722711

frogmiller
16-03-2021, 11:54 AM
Anybody any thoughts about 11 EU countries suspending the jab?

Politically motivated?

Has the tax been rushed through too quickly ?

Has it changed anyone's mind about having the jab?

Final question: can we expect the British or European press to cover the story objectively?

It's pissed me right off! It means another delay for us in Europe for nothing other than politic gains!

MillerBill
16-03-2021, 01:04 PM
It's pissed me right off! It means another delay for us in Europe for nothing other than politic gains!

Frog,I really do sympathise with you and all others who are suffering across the continent who havebeen badly let down by the Brussels dictatorship.I spoke to an Irish friend who lives in Cork and they are absolutely disgusted by the leader of the Irish parliament.There are people dying in large numbers and this will get worse with the shambles approach from the EU.Thank God we are out of it!!!!

Galley On
16-03-2021, 02:26 PM

Ever heard the term propaganda. All governments do it. However, naïve that I am, I tend to believe Chris Smith the virologist from Cambridge when he says that its safe and blood clots do happen in a very small amount of people anyway. Why leave the house if you are afraid of what will happen? Had my first AZ jab, will have the second, and any boosters in the future. Macron started the politicking with unsubstantiated claims about the effect of AZ on over 65's.

LincsMiller
16-03-2021, 02:39 PM
Ever heard the term propaganda. All governments do it. However, naïve that I am, I tend to believe Chris Smith the virologist from Cambridge when he says that its safe and blood clots do happen in a very small amount of people anyway. Why leave the house if you are afraid of what will happen? Had my first AZ jab, will have the second, and any boosters in the future. Macron started the politicking with unsubstantiated claims about the effect of AZ on over 65's.

Totally agree. My first jab was Phizer but if i could have 2nd one tomorrow, Astra Zeneca, then I would jump at the chance.

Grist_To_The_Mill
16-03-2021, 02:41 PM
Totally agree. My first jab was Phizer but if i could have 2nd one tomorrow, Astra Zeneca, then I would jump at the chance.

Statistically you're probably more likely to get injured going for the jab rather from the jab itself

the_idiotb_stardson
16-03-2021, 04:09 PM

"Ever heard the term propaganda. All governments do it"

Of course I have.

WMD

Birmingham 6
Guildford 4
Orgreave (reverse the tape)
Hillsbro
Diddling covid stats

Etc

I think the question should be why trust our government?

Grist_To_The_Mill
16-03-2021, 04:11 PM
Plus the faked moon landings

great_fire
16-03-2021, 05:42 PM
I think there's big difference between people who watch the TV news every day and those who don't.

crashbang
16-03-2021, 05:47 PM
seriously, I you don't believe what the papers say, or news on tv and radio.
where do you get your . I know fkn everything from ?

great_fire
16-03-2021, 05:52 PM
seriously, I you don't believe what the papers say, or news on tv and radio.
where do you get your . I know fkn everything from ?

I don't now if you're talking to me or OP but I tend to do my own research, look at ONS stats etc

crashbang
16-03-2021, 06:11 PM
"my own research" must take heed from you in future then Oracle.

gm_gm
16-03-2021, 06:14 PM
Statistically you're probably more likely to get injured going for the jab rather from the jab itself

AZ share price is surprisingly up 3.64% today perhaps this suggests the EU could be wrong again

crashbang
16-03-2021, 06:48 PM

Frog some more frogs pissed off today having their appointments cancelled.
absolutely diabolical. make vaccinations available, and if you don't want it , don't have it. simple
Don't waste vaccines.
we'll have them .

Galley On
16-03-2021, 06:49 PM
"Ever heard the term propaganda. All governments do it"

Of course I have.

WMD

Birmingham 6
Guildford 4
Orgreave (reverse the tape)
Hillsbro
Diddling covid stats

Etc

I think the question should be why trust our government?

I think the answer is, we are a democratic country where the government is subject to scrutiny and a vote every 4/5 years. If you want to believe social media and other views then fine. Despite the UK having many problems I thank goodness that I was born in a democracy. Would you rather live in Myanmar, China, Russia, Iran or Saudi Arabia?

the_idiotb_stardson
16-03-2021, 06:56 PM
I think the answer is, we are a democratic country where the government is subject to scrutiny and a vote every 4/5 years. If you want to believe social media and other views then fine. Despite the UK having many problems I thank goodness that I was born in a democracy. Would you rather live in Myanmar, China, Russia, Iran or Saudi Arabia?

Not sure what those countries you have listed have to do with this?

None of them have suspended AZ. The countries which have are all democratic European countries.

I wonderful UK government approve of the countries in your list as they openly do business with them still. Observe how they fawn over the Saudi's next time they come to number 10.

For the record there is one country on your list which I would gladly exchange for the UK as it stands at the moment.

Grist_To_The_Mill
16-03-2021, 07:03 PM
Not sure what those countries you have listed have to do with this?

None of them have suspended AZ. The countries which have are all democratic European countries.

I wonderful UK government approve of the countries in your list as they openly do business with them still. Observe how they fawn over the Saudi's next time they come to number 10.

For the record there is one country on your list which I would gladly exchange for the UK as it stands at the moment.

Here’s a democratic country where the sitting party is experiencing difficulties due to covid

https://www.euronews.com/2021/03/14/germany-kicks-off-super-election-year-with-two-state-polls-with-tough-test-for-merkel-part

great_fire
17-03-2021, 08:52 AM
"my own research" must take heed from you in future then Oracle.

I would recommend doing your own research rather than automatically believing everything the BBC says.

Even Clarkson doesn't believe them anymore and he worked for them for about 40 years.

great_fire
17-03-2021, 08:55 AM
AZ share price is surprisingly up 3.64% today perhaps this suggests the EU could be wrong again

More to do with making a big profit on a sale and their proprietary Covid medicine getting prescribed more in the U.S.

CAMiller
18-03-2021, 09:17 PM
Contrary to animal rights it would appear that the elephant in the room has been shot!

Grist_To_The_Mill
18-03-2021, 09:45 PM
Science says it doesn’t cause clots

So they give it to Boris XD

A sort of no coals to Newcastle

the_idiotb_stardson
18-03-2021, 10:41 PM
Because the govt says it is safe
Then it must be safe!

When has a government ever lied?

Grist_To_The_Mill
18-03-2021, 10:54 PM
Because the govt says it is safe
Then it must be safe!

When has a government ever lied?

Well, there’s always the Darwin Award for the doubters

gm_gm
18-03-2021, 10:59 PM
More to do with making a big profit on a sale and their proprietary Covid medicine getting prescribed more in the U.S.

Thought that was GSK