PDA

View Full Version : Shyting themselves?

rolymiller
22-03-2021, 11:41 AM
Let's beat Millwall and really send some under kecks to the cleaners.

https://www.coventrytelegraph.net/sport/football/football-news/coventry-city-mark-robins-relegation-20228116

flourbasher
22-03-2021, 01:33 PM
It's virtually the same article in the local Derby press
Let's let them dwell on it and fret for a couple of weeks

Andrex at the ready

Stovicmiller
22-03-2021, 01:58 PM
It will be good for the rest of the teams around us to dwell on the situation for a couple of weeks. There will be ups and downs for us all before the end of the season.

Grist_To_The_Mill
22-03-2021, 02:56 PM
A couple of good ( or lucky) wins for us and it will be wrist slashing time

flourbasher
22-03-2021, 03:51 PM
A couple of good ( or lucky) wins for us and it will be wrist slashing time

I think some of our fans have got bipolar disorder though and live the season based on the latest result

A win at Hillsborough and we can catch Forest and Derby

Lose to Watford and Brum win and I'm afraid it's curtains with more than 50 points still to play for

Beat Bristol and safety is on again

If we get an unusual draw at Millwall then some fans will be mightily confused and won't know what to think

MillersTime
22-03-2021, 04:00 PM
I think some of our fans have got bipolar disorder though and live the season based on the latest result

Lose to Watford and Brum win and I'm afraid it's curtains with more than 50 points still to play for

If we get an unusual draw at Millwall then some fans will be mightily confused and won't know what to think

When was the last time we actually drew a game? I honestly can't remember. Something we don't do.

flourbasher
22-03-2021, 04:06 PM
When was the last time we actually drew a game? I honestly can't remember. Something we don't do.

True MT
As others have pointed out before it's better to win one lose one

MillersTime
22-03-2021, 04:14 PM
True MT

Absolutely!

If anyone is interested I have looked and we drew 3 games back in October (Birmingham, Huddersfield, Forest, all 1-1), drew once in November (Bournemouth 2-2) and once in January (Stoke 3-3). Two draws since November, blimey

Grist_To_The_Mill
22-03-2021, 04:20 PM

That roller coaster comparison has been used before

XD

clarkey1974
22-03-2021, 04:36 PM

It’s football fans and we are fickle,and also football is full of passion and emotions so it comes naturally with the up and down thoughts..

rolymiller
22-03-2021, 05:01 PM
True MT

True and yet if we were to draw every one of our last 12 games i would wager we would have a good chance of staying up ie 47 points and still maintaining a good GD which would give us the equivalent of 48 points.

Win one lose one though would give us 53 points admittedly. Surely we wunt go down with that.

Gainsbro_Miller
22-03-2021, 05:06 PM
True and yet if we were to draw every one of our last 12 games i would wager we would have a good chance of staying up ie 47 points and still maintaining a good GD which would give us the equivalent of 48 points.

Win one lose one though would give us 53 points admittedly. Surely we wunt go down with that.

Who would take 4 wins, 4 draws and 4 defeats???

That would give us 51 points which should be enough

rolymiller
22-03-2021, 05:07 PM
Yes count me in for that gbro, You would think the equal nature of those scorelines would mean our GD would remain pretty good so 52 points in effect...

MillersTime
22-03-2021, 09:06 PM
Who would take 4 wins, 4 draws and 4 defeats???

That would give us 51 points which should be enough

I think the correct phrase for this is 'they would snap your hands off'. We would definitely take that