PDA

View Full Version : Phoning Tannadice

jjaflup22
25-03-2021, 11:46 AM
Has anyone tried to phone the club recently? I have been trying for ages today and the phone is just ringing out and there isn't even a 'press 1 for...' menu. My issue isn't season ticket related but surely if the STs are on sale somebody should be there...

offshore_arab83
25-03-2021, 12:08 PM
They no still working fae home mate? sure its reduced staff

jjaflup22
25-03-2021, 12:14 PM
Yeah I thought that but should the phones not be getting redirected, like if you phone the council etc? I phoned the council the other day and couldn't hear the woman because her dog was barking so much in the background 😂

Arabknight
25-03-2021, 02:29 PM
Yeah working remotely. Had to email my query the other day regarding ST’s. Quick response. 👍

offshore_arab83
25-03-2021, 03:31 PM
Yeah I thought that but should the phones not be getting redirected, like if you phone the council etc? I phoned the council the other day and couldn't hear the woman because her dog was barking so much in the background ��

ha ha ha ha, aye thats true should be getting redirected defo!

GUNBOAT
25-03-2021, 03:50 PM
There is no doubt that a fair bit of skiving is going on with the working from home brigade,it took me 3 weeks to pay an £858.00 bill to Angus Council whereas when they were in Angus House it took 5 minutes.

BackRowArab
25-03-2021, 03:53 PM
There is no doubt that a fair bit of skiving is going on with the working from home brigade,it took me 3 weeks to pay an £858.00 bill to Angus Council whereas when they were in Angus House it took 5 minutes.

Took me 30 seconds to pay them something here https://www.angus.gov.uk/do_it_online what are you doing for 3 weeks?

GUNBOAT
25-03-2021, 04:04 PM
Took me 30 seconds to pay them something here https://www.angus.gov.uk/do_it_online what are you doing for 3 weeks?

I am older and do not trust making payments of that amount online,i prefer to deal with a human over the phone and that's easier said than done these days.

GUNBOAT
25-03-2021, 04:33 PM
I also got a solicitors letter through Angus Council threatening to take me to court for refusing to pay for a relatives meals on wheels and community alarm when they were in Ninewells hospital and then transferred directly to respite.
The community alarm had been removed from the property on my instruction and the meals had been cancelled but they still bombarded me with invoices and solicitor's letters and imo this was all down to them working from home and failing to liaise with each other.
Sorry for going O/T JJ.Can anyone who lives in Angus tell me who run's it?.

offshore_arab83
25-03-2021, 04:43 PM
I moved to DD5 last year (sorry TTT) and we're angus and the council are proper sh1t to deal with. Tried charging me extra on council tax etc. Their recycling philosophy is a total head scratcher moving from DCC. Glass, paper, plastics, cans anything at all in the one bin whereas we had separate bins for that.

I really don't like the Angus council.

Sorry to go off topic here JJ

BackRowArab
25-03-2021, 06:10 PM
Angus Council is really really badly run (again sorry for going off topic)

GUNBOAT
25-03-2021, 06:38 PM
Angus Council is really really badly run (again sorry for going off topic)

It was a Dundee solicitors office they used to threaten me with court proceedings.The only thing i know about the governance of Angus Council is my auld Black Watch RSM is/was the Provost and he was an evil little barsteward.

scottie43
25-03-2021, 08:47 PM
Angus council were ok when run by SNP. Now conservative and they are absolutely hopeless.

ran it

GUNBOAT
25-03-2021, 10:18 PM
Angus council were ok when run by SNP. Now conservative and they are absolutely hopeless.

ran it

I never knew that mate but i agree with you they are FN hopeless,i pay them £858 for respite care for ONE FN MONTH yet they send me a solicitors letter for failing to pay bills relating to the person in care for a period they were not in their usual residence.
I have never even received an apology from them for their error,all they told me was their system is so antiquated they cannot adjust a bill to a lower amount.
God only know's how much tax payers money was wasted trying to pursue me through the courts for an incorrect bill,the people who deal with Angus council finance in Arbroath accepted the bill was incorrect but informed me if i did not pay it their superiors in Forfar would take me and an 81 year old to court.

jjaflup22
25-03-2021, 10:44 PM
I am older and do not trust making payments of that amount online,i prefer to deal with a human over the phone and that's easier said than done these days.

Yeah I work for the council (not Angus) and I agree it's older folk who really take the brunt of all this stuff being online. I don't have anything to do with finance but we get older customers who are in tears because they are worried about not being able to contact anyone and not being able to pay bills.

GUNBOAT
25-03-2021, 10:55 PM
Yeah I work for the council (not Angus) and I agree it's older folk who really take the brunt of all this stuff being online. I don't have anything to do with finance but we get older customers who are in tears because they are worried about not being able to contact anyone and not being able to pay bills.

Sorry again JJ for going off your topic but i think it is important to highlight the pitfalls of the new normal of working from home.I'm sure the nightmare the Tory led Angus council have dragged me through would never have happened without the work from home rule.
Maybe perhaps they know my credentials and just decided to put me through a living hell trying to help out my elderly relative who BTW votes for them,FACT.

Chick A Saw
25-03-2021, 11:13 PM

ran it

Is that right? I remember being told that Angus was not a Tory stronghold!

On topic, i would email your query as that seems the best way to get things done these days. Had deal with my motor insurers recently and although there was far too much sending messages back n forward, the end result slashed my premium!

jjaflup22
25-03-2021, 11:20 PM

On topic, i would email your query as that seems the best way to get things done these days. Had deal with my motor insurers recently and although there was far too much sending messages back n forward, the end result slashed my premium!

Thanks mate, yeah sent an email this afternoon so hopefully I'll hear back soon.

AraBrian
26-03-2021, 07:41 AM

Taking it that is a dig at me ?Maybe better checking you'r facts before having a dig at people chick.Angus council leader is independent and council is split with 9 snp 9 independent 8 tory and 2 lib.But lets not let the facts get in the way you can pretend it's a tory stronghold as much as you like XD

Shedboy1971
26-03-2021, 07:50 AM
Taking it that is a dig at me ?Maybe better checking you'r facts before having a dig at people chick.Angus council leader is independent and council is split with 9 snp 9 independent 8 tory and 2 lib.But lets not let the facts get in the way you can pretend it's a tory stronghold as much as you like XD

Im still in shock that people still call companies 😂 tbf utd should have setup a chat function as well but email response has been brilliant during lockdown.

AraBrian
26-03-2021, 07:55 AM
Sorry again JJ for going off your topic but i think it is important to highlight the pitfalls of the new normal of working from home.I'm sure the nightmare the Tory led Angus council have dragged me through would never have happened without the work from home rule.
Maybe perhaps they know my credentials and just decided to put me through a living hell trying to help out my elderly relative who BTW votes for them,FACT.

GB I am p..h on computer but took me seconds to find out that angus council is not tory run best not to believe everything that is posted on forums you are far better at finding out stuff on computer than me would take you no time to find the truth.

TerryTheTerror
26-03-2021, 08:07 AM

I've lived in Angus now for about 13 years and my wife works for the council. They have been fkn useless for that entire time. Through the wife I see the huge waste of money that goes on. She used to work where I do now and used to moan about it. When she got the job at the council I warned her she'll encounter wasters at an entirely different level (in previous jobs I'd worked with other councils before) which she was skeptical about. Totally agrees with me now, it's cultural and I think you are right, a lot of folk are ripping the piss out of working from home in there. This does not surprise me in the slightest.

BackRowArab
26-03-2021, 09:05 AM

This is one of the main issues with Angus Council, having a split leadership. I hate the Tories, but even a split leadership is worse than them. There are no consistent decisions or plan able to be made

AraBrian
26-03-2021, 09:14 AM
This is one of the main issues with Angus Council, having a split leadership. I hate the Tories, but even a split leadership is worse than them. There are no consistent decisions or plan able to be made

Yeah you are probably right with snp and independent having 9 each and tory's 8 think will be hard to get any sort of an agreement .

GUNBOAT
26-03-2021, 10:01 AM
GB I am p..h on computer but took me seconds to find out that angus council is not tory run best not to believe everything that is posted on forums you are far better at finding out stuff on computer than me would take you no time to find the truth.

I had never done it mate honest but here it is.

https://www.angus.gov.uk/council_and_democracy/councillors/political_make_up_of_the_council#:~:text=A%20coali tion%20administration%20was%20formed,is%20Leader%2 0of%20the%20Council.

Its a coalition made up of Tories,Independent's and a Liberal.I knew the SNP had no power as i complained to THEM about my treatment but they said it was not down to them,i thought it was mate.

jjaflup22
26-03-2021, 10:09 AM
Im still in shock that people still call companies 😂 tbf utd should have setup a chat function as well but email response has been brilliant during lockdown.

As GB pointed out earlier many older folk aren't computer literate and even those that are, like him, don't feel comfortable with transferring money etc. online. Personally I just prefer to speak to people but I realise nowadays this makes me seem as if I've just come off the Ark.

GUNBOAT
26-03-2021, 10:12 AM
To be fair though it probably would not matter anyway,the post by Terence shows me i would probably have been in the same position regardless of the council make up.

GUNBOAT
26-03-2021, 10:15 AM
As GB pointed out earlier many older folk aren't computer literate and even those that are, like him, don't feel comfortable with transferring money etc. online. Personally I just prefer to speak to people but I realise nowadays this makes me seem as if I've just come off the Ark.

Good post mate and setting up accounts etc online for my elderly relative is never happening as a younger relative of mine did this and nearly ended up being charged with fraud.
I had to close them all down.

AraBrian
26-03-2021, 10:50 AM
I had never done it mate honest but here it is.

https://www.angus.gov.uk/council_and_democracy/councillors/political_make_up_of_the_council#:~:text=A%20coali tion%20administration%20was%20formed,is%20Leader%2 0of%20the%20Council.

Its a coalition made up of Tories,Independent's and a Liberal.I knew the SNP had no power as i complained to THEM about my treatment but they said it was not down to them,i thought it was mate.

No bother not a problem was just that chick reackons angus is a tory stronghold for some reason and had a dig at me after reading u and the guy scotties posts saying was tory run because I disagreed with him before about it not being a tory stronghold.XD

AraBrian
26-03-2021, 10:53 AM

I agree with you and GB hate paying for stuff over computer and am hopeless at getting anything done on it.Lot of people older than me just don't have computers or phones to do it on either.

GUNBOAT
26-03-2021, 12:37 PM
Anyway back on topic troops,sorry.I will be renewing and do not want any credits back will i phone Tannadice?. B)

jjaflup22
26-03-2021, 01:27 PM
Anyway back on topic troops,sorry.I will be renewing and do not want any credits back will i phone Tannadice?. B)

No point mate, they don't answer. I have received a reply to my email that I sent yesterday.

Shedboy1971
26-03-2021, 01:54 PM

aye good point and i hope brian didnt think i was having a laugh - its more to do with the fact im a total insociable pr!ck who rather use email, messaging, internet or pigeon carrier than actually talk to someone :P

Shedboy1971
26-03-2021, 01:56 PM
I agree with you and GB hate paying for stuff over computer and am hopeless at getting anything done on it.Lot of people older than me just don't have computers or phones to do it on either.

fair enough Brian and i get that totally - as per my post above apologies if my post sounds condescending - wasnt meant to be im just a bit of a geek and shouldnt be let lose on real people :)

Shedboy1971
26-03-2021, 01:57 PM

renewed mine but had a bit of hassle and was asked to move seats??? im bang on halfway line upper GF so think they are using them for hospo now? I said no fvck off lol

offshore_arab83
26-03-2021, 02:03 PM
oh in the posh seats SB71 :O

tHeArAb
26-03-2021, 02:13 PM
aye good point and i hope brian didnt think i was having a laugh - its more to do with the fact im a total insociable pr!ck who rather use email, messaging, internet or pigeon carrier than actually talk to someone :P

I'm the same. I'll try every avenue before I phone some c*nt. 😂

AraBrian
26-03-2021, 02:37 PM
fair enough Brian and i get that totally - as per my post above apologies if my post sounds condescending - wasnt meant to be im just a bit of a geek and shouldnt be let lose on real people :)

No problem I'm just a bit of a technophobe and bit untrusting of internet do buy utd badges on ebay through paypal though:)

TerryTheTerror
26-03-2021, 07:49 PM
renewed mine but had a bit of hassle and was asked to move seats??? im bang on halfway line upper GF so think they are using them for hospo now? I said no fvck off lol

This happened to me years ago in the ETU and I got my season ticket at a vastly reduced price as way of compensation.

TerryTheTerror
26-03-2021, 07:51 PM

The wife's just off the phone to Sky. Fk me. 20 minute wait to talk with someone then another 40 sorting out a new deal. :)

JamesMcClean
26-03-2021, 08:14 PM
The wife's just off the phone to Sky. Fk me. 20 minute wait to talk with someone then another 40 sorting out a new deal. :)

Once the Overgate and the Wellgate are open again you’re much better getting that done at the sales booths there TTT. You can actually speak to someone face to face and then they, not you, make the arranging phone calls to the call centre to chat with ‘David’ from ‘Manchester’.:DXD

Shedboy1971
27-03-2021, 12:18 PM
oh in the posh seats SB71 :O

not with my foul mouth it ain but aye same seats since it was built right at the back too

Shedboy1971
27-03-2021, 12:19 PM

haha think its because im a network engineer programmer IT type - not a people person XD unless in the boozer

Shedboy1971
27-03-2021, 12:20 PM
No problem I'm just a bit of a technophobe and bit untrusting of internet do buy utd badges on ebay through paypal though:)

Thanks bud things can come across wrong so i just wanted to check - paypal ffs you are so woke mate :)

Shedboy1971
27-03-2021, 12:20 PM
This happened to me years ago in the ETU and I got my season ticket at a vastly reduced price as way of compensation.

might try that terry :)