PDA

View Full Version : O/T Scotland tonight

stokearab
25-03-2021, 07:20 PM
Clarke drops Gallagher and starts Jack Hendry in his place. Madness. Massive risk.
And for me, selecting Tierney AND Roberston on the left is going to clog up our left side with Armstrong playing ahead of both.
343, just hope this is inspired from Clarke.

stokearab
25-03-2021, 07:36 PM
James McFadden, asked to comment on Armstrong's inclusion says Armstrong is a good player but he's surprised McGregor doesn't start "because of the level he's playing at"

Eh? Armstrong is facing Liverpool Man City Man U etc etc week in week out and McGregor has been average in a poor Celtic side facing the likes of Ross County and Kilmarnock.

GUNBOAT
25-03-2021, 07:40 PM
The Pundit was purring on Radio Scotland at the inclusion of Jack Hendry because he helped to develop him at The Fun,nae Celtic midfielder deserves a game tonight for Scotland as they have been shyte all season.

Whitfieldarab
25-03-2021, 07:40 PM
.....and Hanley FFS. Berra must be injured XD

Whitfieldarab
25-03-2021, 07:44 PM
The Pundit was purring on Radio Scotland at the inclusion of Jack Hendry because he helped to develop him at The Fun,nae Celtic midfielder deserves a game tonight for Scotland as they have been shyte all season.

I like nae neck when he's fit if I'm being honest but Macgregor is just another Broonie - too average a player to play at a higher level, unlike Armstrong who is having his best season down South.

stokearab
25-03-2021, 07:49 PM
Shelley Kerr thinks Che Adam's should have started instead of Christie

What planet are these pundits on

GUNBOAT
25-03-2021, 08:27 PM
I like nae neck when he's fit if I'm being honest but Macgregor is just another Broonie - too average a player to play at a higher level, unlike Armstrong who is having his best season down South.

Agreed but i was not including him in the Celtic failures Forrest is the best of them but as you say he has been injured but should go to the Euro's.

tHeArAb
25-03-2021, 08:50 PM
Shelley Kerr thinks Che Adam's should have started instead of Christie

What planet are these pundits on

Shelley Kerr is Steven Pressley in disguise.

Whitfieldarab
25-03-2021, 09:00 PM
Bricker of a penalty for Scotland there. WTF is the ref thinking?

stokearab
25-03-2021, 09:06 PM
Surely has to bring on Ryan Fraser

DUFCstokie
25-03-2021, 09:17 PM
James McFadden, asked to comment on Armstrong's inclusion says Armstrong is a good player but he's surprised McGregor doesn't start "because of the level he's playing at"

Eh? Armstrong is facing Liverpool Man City Man U etc etc week in week out and McGregor has been average in a poor Celtic side facing the likes of Ross County and Kilmarnock.

Armstrong is playing in a team who are struggling but he still manages to catch the eye with strong performances at a level McGregor isn't anywhere near. McFadden and Co are the main reason I never listen to the build up, half time and full time jibber jabber.

DUFCstokie
25-03-2021, 09:29 PM
English mates taking delight at Scotland losing and England beating the mighty San Marino. Will be keeping their messages for the next time they bring up the Scots never supporting England in competitions.

P.S Scotland just equalized so 2-2 - just waiting to send the GIRFUY messages if Scotland grab the win.

stokearab
25-03-2021, 09:39 PM
English mates taking delight at Scotland losing and England beating the mighty San Marino. Will be keeping their messages for the next time they bring up the Scots never supporting England in competitions.

P.S Scotland just equalized so 2-2 - just waiting to send the GIRFUY messages if Scotland grab the win.

An opportunity missed imo. They were nothing special.

Whitfieldarab
25-03-2021, 09:41 PM

If they're Villa fans then they'll no be bathered mateXD

DUFCstokie
25-03-2021, 09:43 PM
An opportunity missed imo. They were nothing special.

Agreed. Hard to know what to make of the game. At least we fought back twice but worrying that a not so great team managed to go ahead twice. Not looking forward to the game in Israel.

Whitfieldarab
25-03-2021, 09:43 PM
Ye agree Stokey but I thought we played no bad there,the ref was horrendous at times,a dozen shakey heid moments from me watching him. Some weird decisions.

DUFCstokie
25-03-2021, 09:49 PM
If they're Villa fans then they'll no be bathered mateXD

Ah wouldn't that have shut their pusses but they are mostly premiership mainstream "fans" :rolleyes:

stokearab
25-03-2021, 10:03 PM
How is it possible that an international right back can't cross a ball no matter how many attempts he's offered?

GUNBOAT
25-03-2021, 10:26 PM
Israel on Sunday is now a must win game or we are phucked and must win games in Israel never tend to work out well for us.I give the team credit tonight for never accepting defeat.

stokearab
25-03-2021, 11:38 PM
Meanwhile FIFA have issued a statement

"We have looked again at England's group and we've decided it was unfair. We've now redrawn the group and the new group will comprise England, Antigua, The Solomon Islands, Grenada and the Isle of Man.
Due to the world wide pandemic all matches will be played at Wembley"

stokearab
25-03-2021, 11:43 PM
Israel on Sunday is now a must win game or we are phucked and must win games in Israel never tend to work out well for us.I give the team credit tonight for never accepting defeat.

Tbh I feel we have enough to win over there IF Clarke picks the right players and the right formation. Just for example McGinn was ineffective until moved further up the park.
O'Donnell should be replaced by Palmer and he needs to being Gallacher back in. Play the best 11 every game.

DUFCstokie
26-03-2021, 10:11 AM
Meanwhile FIFA have issued a statement

"We have looked again at England's group and we've decided it was unfair. We've now redrawn the group and the new group will comprise England, Antigua, The Solomon Islands, Grenada and the Isle of Man.
Due to the world wide pandemic all matches will be played at Wembley"

Excellent

GUNBOAT
28-03-2021, 08:12 AM
To have any hope of getting through its a must win in Israel,Denmark won there and its more than likely that Austria will too.

stokearab
28-03-2021, 11:13 AM
To have any hope of getting through its a must win in Israel,Denmark won there and its more than likely that Austria will too.

Would agree, a must win in the second game of the campaign. Jeez. Scary.

I'd go

Marshall
Palmer Gallacher Hanley Tierney
ChristieMcTominayMcGinnArmstrongRobbo
Dykes

But no chance that's what we'll see

GUNBOAT
28-03-2021, 12:35 PM

I'd go

Marshall
Dykes

Dykes is not having a good season but he may well still have credit in the bank with Clarke from the euro's qualifying campaign.

stokearab
28-03-2021, 12:47 PM
Dykes is not having a good season but he may well still have credit in the bank with Clarke from the euro's qualifying campaign.

True, but he scored for QPR last Saturday and I don't see how Adams should be ahead of him at this point.

GUNBOAT
28-03-2021, 12:56 PM
True, but he scored for QPR last Saturday and I don't see how Adams should be ahead of him at this point.

Its the age old Scottish problem of finding a striker who is bang in form,over the years very few Scots have scored more than 30 international goals.
I think that was the first goal Dykes had scored in around 20 games,as for McBurnie well me and you have scored as many goals for Scotland as he has Stokie Boy. XD

stokearab
28-03-2021, 01:09 PM

I'd go

Marshall
Dykes

Maybe better qualify that selection

.................Marshall
Palmer Gallagher Hanley Tierney
..................McTominay...
Christie......McGinn.. .Armstrong.....Robertson
..................Dykes

Palmer isn't as phyically strong as O'Donnell but I think he's better in possession and can cross a ball.
I think Clarke will stick with O'Donnell, drop Armstrong for McGregor and start Adams instead of Dykes.
I never felt Hendry deserved to start ahead of Gallagher at CB, maybe Gallagher is carrying a knock, it'll be interesting to see if Hendry starts again tonight.

NOSCOTCAPS
28-03-2021, 05:31 PM
Its the age old Scottish problem of finding a striker who is bang in form,over the years very few Scots have scored more than 30 international goals.
I think that was the first goal Dykes had scored in around 20 games,as for McBurnie well me and you have scored as many goals for Scotland as he has Stokie Boy. XD

I cannot believe McBurnie gets the nod ahead of Shankland, neither in goal scoring form, but Shanks has to be the better player, despite price tag and league differences. Shanks is more than just goals

GUNBOAT
28-03-2021, 07:19 PM
Israel looking like Brazil against us as per usual,didnie like the stat that Crocker came out with earlier.They have only managed 2 clean sheets from their last 15 games and both of them are v Scotland.

stokearab
28-03-2021, 07:34 PM
Israel looking like Brazil against us as per usual,didnie like the stat that Crocker came out with earlier.They have only managed 2 clean sheets from their last 15 games and both of them are v Scotland.

Tinkerman.
We look stinking

GUNBOAT
28-03-2021, 07:40 PM
You would think it was 40c over there,we are plodding about the pitch and not pressing them at all.Hendry out of his depth phuck knows why he's even in the squad never mind the first 11.

DUFCstokie
28-03-2021, 07:41 PM
Being outplayed especially in midfield. Israel creating chances whilst we seem to be hoping for the best in our infrequent attacks near the box. Lucky we are only 1-0 down. Using the long ball too often and gaining f**k all from them. Am I being harsh - I thought Marshall should have saved the shot for the goal?

GUNBOAT
28-03-2021, 07:44 PM
Being outplayed especially in midfield. Israel creating chances whilst we seem to be hoping for the best in our infrequent attacks near the box. Lucky we are only 1-0 down. Using the long ball too often and gaining f**k all from them. Am I being harsh - I thought Marshall should have saved the shot for the goal?

He should save it,we could be 4 down and its FN shocking.We need to turn this around or our world cup is over and out tonight.

stokearab
28-03-2021, 07:47 PM
He should save it,we could be 4 down and its FN shocking.We need to turn this around or our world cup is over and out tonight.

He has to change it and change it now

ballumbie_arab
28-03-2021, 07:48 PM
Don’t know why he tries to save with two hands, you naturally extend one arm more than the other when diving ffs!

GUNBOAT
28-03-2021, 07:50 PM
The Funster hooked at half time.If you are deemed not good enough to play in that Celtic defence there is no FN way he should be pulling on the dark blue of Scotland.

GUNBOAT
28-03-2021, 07:58 PM
Game on at last 1-1.

GUNBOAT
28-03-2021, 08:06 PM
The boy that scored their goal tonight has two to his credit in international football,you've guessed it both against Scotland.

arabiain
28-03-2021, 08:37 PM
Pathetic. And all but out already.

stokearab
28-03-2021, 08:41 PM

Blew it with his team selection. Trying to be clever and fkd it up big time.

DUFCstokie
28-03-2021, 08:44 PM
Improved in the 2nd half but just not good enough. The Danes will have little problem against us. We are at a level with Israel and the Faroes and even these teams fancy their chances against us.

GUNBOAT
28-03-2021, 08:44 PM

Two games in and its all over for another 4 years.Robertson has forgotton how to cross a ball we should have played Tierney wide he at the moment is much more direct going forward and the better player.

ARAbCHNID
29-03-2021, 08:16 AM
Our last 5 games, most recent first -

Israel 1 Scotland 1
Scotland 2 Austria 2
Israel 1 Scotland 0
Slovakia 1 Scotland 0
Serbia 1 Scotland 1

No sir, I can't boogie....

I reckon I could find 11 Scottish footballers who could do better than that.
There's something not right about the Scottish national set-up.
The SFA have been blamed for a lot of things over the years & our inept National team is one of them.
Qualifying for the WC & the Euros? - waste of time at present.

Whitfieldarab
29-03-2021, 09:18 AM
Affy negative comments there. Two games in and we're out? Austria won't find it easy going to Israel and vice versa. From what I've seen so far there is nothing between Scotland, Israel and Austria so it will be a fight between the 3 for 2nd place.....but that will change of course if we do a Scotland and don't beat the Faroes.

stokearab
29-03-2021, 01:54 PM
I feel Clarke needs to find his best 11 and play them, and keep playing them! Admittedly 3 games in quick succession is asking a lot from 11 players but there are positions where he can tweak it as the games progress.

He's chopping and changing like a Gameboy FIFA 2020 style.
Gallagher was excellent in previous games but he brings in Hendry?? Why??
The boy's had a nightmare and we looked very shaky at the back.
I keep saying this but Robertson and Tierney both on the left completely stifles Robertson if he's playing in front of Tierney but Clarke is trying to shoehorn both into the side. I can understand why but it's not working well.
Hanley has come back in and done well to be fair.
Armstrong wasn't fantastic v Austria but he keeps the ball, has great positional sense, can play a defence splitting pass but he gets dropped v Israel for McGregor who was very average, and wasn't subbed back for Armstrong until the 80th minute. Plus Armstrong PLAYS with Adams so would have a far better understanding with him.
I could go on but tbh I'm fed up with Clarke. I thought we were making progress after McLeish, I suppose we were but from a very low base. But I'm beginning to lose patience.
2 points from these games isn't enough. I wasn't asking for 6, would have been ok with 4, but these are missed opportunities.

tHeArAb
30-03-2021, 06:19 AM
Didn't see the games so can't comment too much but the one surprise for me when seeing the lineups were the omission of McTominay at centre half. I know he's had his critics on here but we have no other confident, ball playing centre halves like him & he was really growing into that position I thought. He was part of the defence that got us to the Euros along with Gallagher so why split that up?