PDA

View Full Version : O/T Which One Would You Give Up?

phild
01-04-2021, 08:33 PM
Well I suppose it can be more than one if you wish but for me I would defo ditch the black pudding as its just filthy pig blood stuff and tastes nasty and would swap the tea for coffee, cor stand tea

Q165
01-04-2021, 09:02 PM
The artery blocking special! I too would give the elbow to the black pudding and introduce some more fried bread

kettering_baggie
01-04-2021, 09:18 PM
Definitely ditch the black pudding. With a fry up, it should always be fried bread, not toast.

I’ve has spells of going vegetarian and still do eat a lot of ‘veggie’ stuff but with regard to breakfasts, fry ups in particular, veggie sausages and bacon just don’t taste that good. I’m back on the bacon sarnies!

WBA1955
01-04-2021, 09:19 PM
I like bacon and egg but that is obscene, whoever is going to eat that must have more than one arsehole.

viaductbaggies
01-04-2021, 09:23 PM
Where’s the brown sauce ? 🤷*♂️

kettering_baggie
01-04-2021, 09:26 PM
Actually, I have found a particularly tasty variation on the bacon sandwich; a bacon and marmalade sandwich. Must be streaky bacon and don’t use cheap marmalade, it must be the top end ‘bittersweet’ stuff with big chunks of orange peel in it. Yum yum!

phild
01-04-2021, 09:26 PM
Where’s the brown sauce ? ��*♂️

You mean tomato sauce XD

kettering_baggie
01-04-2021, 09:27 PM
Wash it down with a glass of calvados.

mickd1961
01-04-2021, 09:45 PM
All of it with my gastric issues.

Haven’t been able to do fry ups for years now but if I could the black pud would have to go and I always worry what’s in a sausage.

TipperaryBaggie
01-04-2021, 09:55 PM
I'd probably ditch one of the beans!

Albionic68
01-04-2021, 09:57 PM
I like a full English breakfast but it's rare that I have one. The last one I remember having was on my birthday when we played Charlton away in the FA Cup last season. The one before that was probably Millwall away, April 2019.

Of the items pictured I'd ditch the fried bread, hash brown (or whatever that is in the middle of the plate) and possibly the tomatoes.

I love black pudding and would happily eat it cold. As for the sauce it should always be brown, accompanied with fresh cracked black pepper.

Most days I have Skyr yoghurt with blueberries, raspberries and dry porridge oats for breakfast. If I'm in a rush then just an apple or a banana. A full English is a once in a while yet very welcome indulgence for me.

kettering_baggie
01-04-2021, 10:16 PM
I never do the ‘full English’ at home, it’s a treat when on holiday in the UK.

I remember having the ‘full English’ fry up in a greasy spoon on West Bromwich High Street some years back, there was a crowd of us off this board, including Donny Valdo; we started off in the Sportsman for a couple of pints, off to the greasy spoon, then up to the training ground to watch a youth team match. After that, back to the Sportsman before going to the Hawthorns. I’ve no idea who we played!

viaductbaggies
02-04-2021, 09:18 AM
You mean tomato sauce XD

No brown

Barrera
02-04-2021, 09:40 AM
Would go against the flow and keep the black pudding. Know what’s it in it ..... but always liked it especially fried. Sausages have to be good ones - ideally M&S Cumberlands - and maybe only one. Would also have to insist on the beans being in a separate manikin bowl - hate the beans running all over the place. and would add fried bread. But would cut the portion size in half .....

Joy_Division
02-04-2021, 10:39 AM
i'd ditch the plate the toast is on. Save on the washing up.

albion68
02-04-2021, 01:45 PM
The tomato’s,make sure the black puddings fried.lashings of brown sauce.

TipperaryBaggie
02-04-2021, 02:35 PM
Fry ups don't appeal to me anymore. Probably because I spent 15 years running a B&B in Ireland before returning to the UK four years ago. Mind you, I used to grill everything apart from the fried eggs. The full Irish included everything in the picture plus a white pudding which personally I found tastier than the black pudding.

Leicesterbaggie
02-04-2021, 03:00 PM
If anybody could eat that lot in our age group, well done! I suppose I would ditch the black pudding as well but I'm not a lover of fried tomatoes although I do like them raw in salads etc.