PDA

View Full Version : What this board means to me and following Dundee United Football Club.

GUNBOAT
03-04-2021, 12:00 AM
Absolutely everything,FACT.Over the years i have also learned how to re-spell words i had forgotten to spell and met some of the posters who post.
I have been on my travels with Chips,Sid and many others,had a pint we Affshore and met Terence.Renewed my friendship with posters i was at school with and moaned to J in The Snug that 6 was not enough in the second 6-2 Derby at Tannadice.
Without this board i would never have met other Arabs like Altan or ever knew about those further afield like Stokie Boy ,USA Arab or the man fae Japan.Hospitality is something i do not partake of very often but i did it through this board and after it during the Karaoke in Ferraris pub in the Stobie a Funster got upset at my rewording of a classic song but big ROMA 84 was on hand(A school friend)to reassure him that the Boat would be singing till he was hoarse.
It only seems like yesterday that me and Chips walked through Red square with two Russian beauties after our game v Dynamo Moscow with The Wee Man in tow of course.
Its a FACT that in my life this board has meant and still means everything to me and i have still got to meet up with SB71,his wife and her sister so there is still so much to live for,WASC.

GUNBOAT
03-04-2021, 12:10 AM
I think what i am trying to say troops is,

1 To the Mods,please dinnie ban me. B)

2 To Troon come back mate it was me who made an erse O it,FACT.

3 I wish me or Chips had a camera on our phones cause even the Wee Man said they were hot and he was only 13.

TerryTheTerror
03-04-2021, 05:05 AM
I agree, it's been an amazing community over the years. I remember we had a quiz night at Doc Ferry's (wouldn't have been my choice of venue but sand_dancer knew someone :)) and it was brilliant. Great fun to put names to faces and more than a little competitive. The quiz master even got one of his answers wrong (which 5 United players went to the 1986 World Cup) but he was put right pretty quick. Oh, if anyone is wondering, my team finished with mid-table respectability. :)

GUNBOAT
03-04-2021, 07:44 AM
I agree, it's been an amazing community over the years. I remember we had a quiz night at Doc Ferry's (wouldn't have been my choice of venue but sand_dancer knew someone :)) and it was brilliant. Great fun to put names to faces and more than a little competitive. The quiz master even got one of his answers wrong (which 5 United players went to the 1986 World Cup) but he was put right pretty quick. Oh, if anyone is wondering, my team finished with mid-table respectability. :)

Brilliant Terence,i remember Sand Dancer,great poster.

Shedboy1971
04-04-2021, 01:00 PM
GB - that is a great summing up. Place makes me laugh and i feel like i know a lot of folk. Mods on here are fantastic - some support they gave me when really i should have been banned. And thanks for you personal messages - im proud to be the first to receive a PM from GB :)

ROMA84
04-04-2021, 02:58 PM
Absolutely everything,FACT.Over the years i have also learned how to re-spell words i had forgotten to spell and met some of the posters who post.
I have been on my travels with Chips,Sid and many others,had a pint we Affshore and met Terence.Renewed my friendship with posters i was at school with and moaned to J in The Snug that 6 was not enough in the second 6-2 Derby at Tannadice.
Without this board i would never have met other Arabs like Altan or ever knew about those further afield like Stokie Boy ,USA Arab or the man fae Japan.Hospitality is something i do not partake of very often but i did it through this board and after it during the Karaoke in Ferraris pub in the Stobie a Funster got upset at my rewording of a classic song but big ROMA 84 was on hand(A school friend)to reassure him that the Boat would be singing till he was hoarse.
It only seems like yesterday that me and Chips walked through Red square with two Russian beauties after our game v Dynamo Moscow with The Wee Man in tow of course.
Its a FACT that in my life this board has meant and still means everything to me and i have still got to meet up with SB71,his wife and her sister so there is still so much to live for,WASC.

Hospitality was great that day.I was introduced to Glayva and had more than my fair share. I'm sure Plumber was one of the organisers.
Happy to help if you are keeping the lads happy with your karaoke.

GUNBOAT
04-04-2021, 03:30 PM
Hospitality was great that day.I was introduced to Glayva and had more than my fair share. I'm sure Plumber was one of the organisers.
Happy to help if you are keeping the lads happy with your karaoke.

Cannie really mind what the Funster was annoyed about mate,it may have just been we had won aboot 9 on the bounce. XD