PDA

View Full Version : Clutching at straws

Barrera
13-04-2021, 05:42 AM
Very unlikely we are going to stay up ...... but looking at the fixtures the team under most pressure could be Burnley. In s*** form and their up and coming fixtures include Man U (a). Wolves (a), W Ham (h), Fulham (a), Leeds (h), LPool (h), Shef U (a). A difficult run and cannot see many points there .... unless Shef U capitulate in the final game.

On saying that our run in looks tough .... but at least we are playing well and starting to win games. BS may have a point when he says winning 4 out of 7 .... and it is a big if ... could give us a chance.

It’s the hope which kills you.

DaveP67 is back!
13-04-2021, 07:25 AM
Very unlikely we are going to stay up ...... but looking at the fixtures the team under most pressure could be Burnley. In s*** form and their up and coming fixtures include Man U (a). Wolves (a), W Ham (h), Fulham (a), Leeds (h), LPool (h), Shef U (a). A difficult run and cannot see many points there .... unless Shef U capitulate in the final game.

On saying that our run in looks tough .... but at least we are playing well and starting to win games. BS may have a point when he says winning 4 out of 7 .... and it is a big if ... could give us a chance.

It is the hope that kills you, but we do have that forlorn hope to provide us some interesting games..

WBA123
13-04-2021, 08:18 AM

Newcastle have got a pretty hard run in too.

We have 7 games left, realistically, we need to win at least 4 and perhaps 5 to stay up.

I can't see it myself, but its nice to win a couple of games at least.

DaveP67 is back!
13-04-2021, 09:38 AM
Also going down with positive momentum will really help, that is if we don’t get raped by Lai...

Q165
13-04-2021, 10:10 AM
Maybe, maybe not. I definitely think the latter but come what may I just think it is so satisfying seeing us play with a bit of style, score goals and win games. Up the Baggies.

boingy
13-04-2021, 03:48 PM
Who knows. Hardly likely but we have a momentum. Won 3 of our last 6, and 1 draw. That's 4 good results from 6. If we start games like the last two, pushing the opposition on the back foot who knows what could happen?. A win at Leicester and we really can start wondering.