PDA

View Full Version : Killie Away Wednesday 21st April

BudMill90
20-04-2021, 02:44 PM
Didn't see a thread on this one so thought I'd start one. Rumoured changes to the team on another forum. With a couple of younger players given their first starts. We will see what type of team he puts out but I'm not going to guess one.

I do hope we give youngsters a chance but I also want to see us go there and put Tommy Wright and his merry men to the sword. Whatever team gives us the best chance of doing that, whilst keeping us fairly fresh for Sunday, is fine by me.

Shedboy1971
20-04-2021, 03:00 PM
Appere in Mcnulty out for a start. Yes ive heard young striker primed to start - from other sources on internet. Def like to see chalmer (is he fit?), appere start in place of clark and mcnulty or even shanks and mcnulty (shock horror)

BackRowArab
20-04-2021, 03:05 PM
I wouldn't mind Kerr Smith getting a couple of starts in defence between now and the end of the season

Dreamsof83
20-04-2021, 04:19 PM
Kerr Smith not involved with under 18s today. Hutchison was another I thought they might look at but he was apparently injured for today. Rickie Foster sure to update us
Agree would like to see Chalmers start again and be given a chance to impress. Would like to see him in behind a front two of Clark and Shankland at some point.
Didn't see Meekison mentioned in under 18 squad either (may be wrong) so wonder if he will be in the squad. Watson played so seems unlikely he is the young striker mentioned.

tHeArAb
20-04-2021, 05:18 PM
Siegrist definitely out (despite having nothing wrong with him according to the specky sheep sh*gging f*ckwit).

Kdyteejay2
20-04-2021, 05:26 PM
Be great to see a couple of young kids playing and I’m also pleased to see Mehmet get another first team chance. Hoping to pick up at least a point and would be delighted with 3.

If asked I’d want 2 teams with artificial pitches relegated.

tHeArAb
20-04-2021, 05:28 PM
Premiership ready Hoti apparently starting.

shedka
20-04-2021, 10:14 PM
Really hope whatever team we put out gets right into them, no pressure on us and can use their need for pts against them if we get it right

geofoxposse
20-04-2021, 11:30 PM
Whoever we put out better try to make a game of it

After a solid days work it midnight before I get to bed and to go to bed negative is never a good thing.......

Shedboy1971
21-04-2021, 12:35 PM
I think we will get hammered. If its the same sh!te team and formation then i wont be happy but if a few differences i would. personally I would play 451. with two wingers. soak it up and fvck it up. But Mellon wont do that. We would win if we gave them a deep lying issue and hit fast. we wont we will be sh!te i reckon.

BackRowArab
21-04-2021, 12:56 PM
I think we will get hammered. If its the same sh!te team and formation then i wont be happy but if a few differences i would. personally I would play 451. with two wingers. soak it up and fvck it up. But Mellon wont do that. We would win if we gave them a deep lying issue and hit fast. we wont we will be sh!te i reckon.

****, you are a cheery ****er aren't you? :D

Shedboy1971
21-04-2021, 01:29 PM
****, you are a cheery ****er aren't you? :D

I am available for motivational public speaking too :)

shedka
21-04-2021, 02:11 PM
We aren't exactly on a run that says we should be lacking confidence tonight, anything but, we've nothing to fear from Killie if we have the correct attitude tonight and no pressure on us

Arabdownsouth
21-04-2021, 02:42 PM
I might be in a minority of one, but I'd like to see Shankland benched tonight. Clark needs an opportunity to play up front imo, he scored most of his goals early in the season when Shankland was out injured, and young Lawrence has hardly set the heather on fire since he came back has he. I think it gives Clark an opportunity to push him for the strikers role on Sunday and also gives Shankland the boot up the arse he needs right now.

It won't happen of course, but if it does then I'm going for 2-1 United.

Arabknight
21-04-2021, 02:46 PM
I might be in a minority of one, but I'd like to see Shankland benched tonight. Clark needs an opportunity to play up front imo, he scored most of his goals early in the season when Shankland was out injured, and young Lawrence has hardly set the heather on fire since he came back has he. I think it gives Clark an opportunity to push him for the strikers role on Sunday and also gives Shankland the boot up the arse he needs right now.

It won't happen of course, but if it does then I'm going for 2-1 United.

Agree with this. Shanks been of the pace for a while and looks almost disinterested at times. A wee push from Nicky might help.

BudMill90
21-04-2021, 02:47 PM
I think every time Louis has played recently he hasnt let us down. I'd like to see him up top. If that means he is beside Shankland, Clark, McNulty or even alone up there, lets give it a go tonight! Shankland should be rested for Sunday imo. Clark up with Appere would make sense to me for tonight.

Shedboy1971
21-04-2021, 02:53 PM
id like appere and clark. shanks should be benched and mcnulty slowly forgotten about.

arab777
21-04-2021, 03:28 PM
3rd game in a row on a plastic pitch and thankfully the last for the season.

Massive game for Killie so difficult to see past them.

On a positive note only 1 goal conceded in 5 games.

DUFCstokie
21-04-2021, 03:30 PM
United to win 2-0 and Tommy Wright can shut his pus up.

Kdyteejay2
21-04-2021, 04:39 PM
Agree with this. Shanks been of the pace for a while and looks almost disinterested at times. A wee push from Nicky might help.

Yeah I agree as well. Might be the motivational kick up the jacksie.

Dave63
21-04-2021, 05:07 PM
id like appere and clark. shanks should be benched and mcnulty slowly forgotten about.

Would like to see this also. Give Appere a go, let Clark push upfront and got Shankland to bring on if needed

Shedboy1971
21-04-2021, 05:09 PM
also is there any free sites to watch this? dont really want to give the ulster man any of my money :)

Shedboy1971
21-04-2021, 05:52 PM
2nd team playing. K Smith, Hoti, Bolton, Connolly...

Shedboy1971
21-04-2021, 05:54 PM
https://twitter.com/dundeeunitedfc/status/1384927418293620737/photo/1

BackRowArab
21-04-2021, 05:56 PM
4-3-3. Glad to see Kerr Smith getting a start. Hopefully Meekieson gets on too. Is that Jake Davidson on the bench too, I thought his season was ended with injury?

ranaldarab
21-04-2021, 05:58 PM
Certainly looks second string. Could be a tough night.

BackRowArab
21-04-2021, 05:59 PM
End of the season, nothing to play for, give some people a chance. I like it.

JUSTaway
21-04-2021, 06:05 PM
End of the season, nothing to play for, give some people a chance. I like it.

Me too, hard to see who will score the goals mind.

Yeats 62
21-04-2021, 06:25 PM
I want my money back :D Kidding of course.

This could be a very hard night.

It will be interesting at least. Best of luck guys, just go for it ..........:cool:

Yeats 62
21-04-2021, 06:31 PM
Lafferty V Connolly ............very interesting indeed. :eek:

Arabdownsouth
21-04-2021, 06:36 PM
also is there any free sites to watch this? dont really want to give the ulster man any of my money :)

Games on hesgoal, but shush don't tell anyone I told you 😂😂😂

BackRowArab
21-04-2021, 06:43 PM
Oh God, its the **** on commentary tonight

BackRowArab
21-04-2021, 06:53 PM
Started quite brightly. Amazing what a lack of pressure does for a team

JJA22flup
21-04-2021, 06:57 PM
Oh God, its the **** on commentary tonight

😂

BackRowArab
21-04-2021, 07:09 PM
Smith looks a big ****er

Noddydog
21-04-2021, 07:16 PM
Seems to have dropped off (Hesgoal)

weegiearab
21-04-2021, 07:19 PM
new goalie....top of the shopping list for me!

arabiain
21-04-2021, 07:19 PM
Deniz nowhere near good enough. Looked shaky from the start and woeful for the goal.

arabiain
21-04-2021, 07:23 PM
Feckin Abysmal. Game turned off and away to bed. This will be about 4 or 5 now.

shedka
21-04-2021, 07:23 PM
Didn't quite think we'd make as many changes as we have... no surprise to see us 2 down and game over already

Deniz not good enough to be any more than a back up.... Big problems Sunday if Benji isn't available

arabiain
21-04-2021, 07:28 PM
And to quote dour Dave "we've given away 2 cheap goals but apart from that our game management has been ok" It's feckin 2 nil you idiot feck the game management it's obviously no working ffs

TangerineDream
21-04-2021, 07:28 PM
Potential humping imminent. Way too many changes, new goalie required. Started no too bad but some of these boys way out their depth.

And now a pen ffs

arabiain
21-04-2021, 07:29 PM
Oh hang on Dave make that 3 nil. How's the feckin game management going now.

BackRowArab
**** me

offshore_arab83
Im all for giving fringe players a game but that line up is absolutely ridic

JUSTaway
21-04-2021, 07:31 PM
Even with our best team I think we'd have lost tonight with plastic pitch and the importance of it to them. We are as well testing some of these untried players for next season. Few heavy defeats might not be the worst thing, means no one at club will kid themselves about the standard of squad and size of rebuild that is needed/was needed last summer.

JUSTaway
21-04-2021, 07:32 PM
embarrassing though

sultan_of_arabia
21-04-2021, 07:35 PM
I hate losing + how is this good preparation for the weekend. Really tough second half to sit through now.

Oh well I suppose the cup is all that matters now but after a week where short-changing the fans has been in the spotlight I'm not delighted by this.

JamesMcClean
21-04-2021, 07:35 PM
Was tempted to cave in and pay the £15 or whatever it was until I saw the starting line up and totally gave it a swerve as this is going exactly how I thought it would. Fair to say it would appear nobody is exactly staking a claim for a starting berth on Sunday.XD

shedka
21-04-2021, 07:36 PM
Yea be interesting to see what happens Sunday, sheep going full strength tonight, can't see anything but a sheep win, think we've made an error making as many changes as that tonight, was thinking more 3/4 max

arab777
21-04-2021, 07:38 PM
At least we know it will back to Edwards/ Reynolds in defence on Sunday .

Tomb
21-04-2021, 07:38 PM
Let's no kid ourselves the quality on the park tonight wearing our colours is woeful at best, hope our first choices are rested enough for Sunday.

Yeats 62
21-04-2021, 07:44 PM
And to quote dour Dave "we've given away 2 cheap goals but apart from that our game management has been ok" It's feckin 2 nil you idiot feck the game management it's obviously no working ffs

"Dour Dave" :D... makes Leonard Cohen sound like Graham Norton on speed.... :D

JUSTaway
baptism of fire for Smith, being thrown up against Connolly.

BackRowArab
Listening to the commentators talking like these players haven't played all season. Only Kerr, Hoti and Deniz are new. Harkes, Appere, Bolton, Connolly have had plenty of games this season.

BackRowArab
21-04-2021, 07:46 PM
Also the pitch is no excuse. The two bottom teams in the league play on an artificial pitch, its not a big advantage or they wouldn't be down there

Yeats 62
21-04-2021, 07:47 PM
baptism of fire for smith, being thrown up against connolly.

:D:D

Whitfieldarab
21-04-2021, 07:48 PM
FFS....make up yir minds!!

What happened to fk the league let's concentrate on the cup game?

I've not even bothered looking for the game on hesgoal but I've been keeping an eye on the score and as bad as it looks we could have played our full strength team tonight and still be down but some would still greet.

#MMCANNYWIN.COM

wolvesarab
21-04-2021, 07:54 PM
That line up is disrespectful as fcuk to Ross County and Hamilton (not to mention the United fans) . I'd be livid if we were down there and a rival team scrapping against relegation got to play a reserve side.

JJA22flup
21-04-2021, 07:58 PM
FFS....make up yir minds!!

What happened to fk the league let's concentrate on the cup game?

I've not even bothered looking for the game on hesgoal but I've been keeping an eye on the score and as bad as it looks we could have played our full strength team tonight and still be down but some would still greet.

#MMCANNYWIN.COM

Exactly, he does exactly what folk have been whinging about and they still moan! #mmcannywin

JJA22flup
21-04-2021, 07:59 PM
That line up is disrespectful as fcuk to Ross County and Hamilton (not to mention the United fans) . I'd be livid if we were down there and a rival team scrapping against relegation got to play a reserve side.

Ach every team does the same, we're no doing anything different from anyone else in our position...

BackRowArab
21-04-2021, 08:01 PM
Deniz injured now

ballumbie_arab
21-04-2021, 08:12 PM
Deniz injured now

Can’t say I’ve ever seen a decent keeper in him, and both the Partick and this game confirm that for me.
As for Mickey, if the penny doesn’t drop now, that he needs wholesale changes for next season, then it never will, but there will be no forgiveness from fans next season, that’s for sure!

BackRowArab
21-04-2021, 08:13 PM
Can’t say I’ve ever seen a decent keeper in him, and both the Partick and this game confirm that for me.
As for Mickey, if the penny doesn’t drop now, that he needs wholesale changes for next season, then it never will, but there will be no forgiveness from fans next season, that’s for sure!

I don't think Mickey has ever thought that the squad doesn't need big changes

wolvesarab
21-04-2021, 08:15 PM
I know what you mean JJ. Just frustrated that we had a chance to put Killie in a very perilous position with the potential to get rid of another plastic pitch. I would have been happy with 2/3 changes (but playing Bolton is pointless imo).

BackRowArab
21-04-2021, 08:15 PM
If we want a positive from tonight, Meekison has looked decent since he came on

Whitfieldarab
21-04-2021, 08:16 PM
Ach every team does the same, we're no doing anything different from anyone else in our position...

Exactly and if Hamilton or Coonty were in our position they'd be doing Exactly the same.

I'm just glad McNulty was rested for Sunday.

ballumbie_arab
21-04-2021, 08:16 PM
I don't think Mickey has ever thought that the squad doesn't need big changes

Giving Connolly a new deal, as early as he did, suggests otherwise, as does continually playing Pawlett, McNulty, Harkes, when they’ve done the square root of feck all, while benching Appere and others.

The changes and balance at Forfar last week, and now this game, are just baffling for me.

TangerineDream
21-04-2021, 08:17 PM
Slightly better this half. Young lad Meekison doing well.

Hope the first team are well rested for the cup gehm, especially Benji.

weegiearab
21-04-2021, 08:22 PM
I would happily take my chances with a one handed Benji on Saturday

BackRowArab
21-04-2021, 08:22 PM
Giving Connolly a new deal, as early as he did, suggests otherwise, as does continually playing Pawlett, McNulty, Harkes, when they’ve done the square root of feck all, while benching Appere and others.

The changes and balance at Forfar last week, and now this game, are just baffling for me.

Pawlett and McNulty have been benched tonight and I think their replacements have shown why they unfortunately have to play more times than not. Appere has had a chance to shine tonight and again just hasn't impressed.

BackRowArab
21-04-2021, 08:24 PM
Well that passage of play just summed up the night for us.

JJA22flup
21-04-2021, 08:30 PM
I would happily take my chances with a one handed Benji on Saturday

😂

JJA22flup
21-04-2021, 08:32 PM
Pawlett and McNulty have been benched tonight and I think their replacements have shown why they unfortunately have to play more times than not. Appere has had a chance to shine tonight and again just hasn't impressed.

Yeah it's a shame, I definitely see a player there but he doesn't seem to be taking his chance to impress when he gets a game.

BackRowArab
21-04-2021, 08:32 PM
Yeah it's a shame, I definitely see a player there but he doesn't seem to be taking his chance to impress when he gets a game.

I do think he is more effective out wide

ballumbie_arab
21-04-2021, 08:36 PM

Yeah, they’ve been benched, but as has Shanks, and why I mentioned balance. We’ve been screaming out for Appere to be on with Shanks (effective last season), but he failed to do that this season. Pawlett has been a waste of a jersey, as has Harkes, and he keeps playing Clark out of position, all to keep McNulty playing nearly every week. As I said, baffling!!
Forgot to say, Bolton has also been very ineffective, and Hoti fecking cold as ice, yet both thrown in tonight? Needed subtle changes, and players in natural positions.

arab777
21-04-2021, 08:39 PM
Aberdeen conceding a goal last kick of the game. A win would have been a big boost for them.

wolvesarab
21-04-2021, 08:45 PM
Exactly and if Hamilton or Coonty were in our position they'd be doing Exactly the same.

I'm just glad McNulty was rested for Sunday.
Yeah be great to see Mcnulty, Bolton and Il capitano Connolly start on Sunday. Seriously though surely Meekinson is in with a shout, looked well tidy when he came on.

When every penny counts, that's us below St Mirren in 8th now with Motherwell breathing down our neck.

Whitfieldarab
21-04-2021, 08:54 PM
Yeah be great to see Mcnulty, Bolton and Il capitano Connolly start on Sunday. Seriously though surely Meekinson is in with a shout, looked well tidy when he came on.

When every penny counts, that's us below St Mirren in 8th now with Motherwell breathing down our neck.

I'm sure a semi final at Hampden will offset a league position financially B)

Dreamsof83
21-04-2021, 08:58 PM
Semi final financial reward is significant too remember. Still in our hands for 7th as well.

Delighted we took a risk tonight. Delighted it has shafted Hamilton.
Delighted we have earned the right to experiment by already securing safety

Disappointed about result obviously but good to see how players do when put into the first team.

Finding a balance between our youth and experience will be interesting for rest of the season. Lessons learned from tonight I'm sure.

Whitfieldarab
21-04-2021, 09:05 PM
[QUOTE=Dreamsof83;39761118]

This is ultimately what it's all about.

Roll on Sunday.

Chick A Saw
21-04-2021, 09:27 PM
Dont really know why i watched that tonight, but i did!

Its actually quite worrying that there is such a gap between team 1, team 2 with 3 strikers up top, and the gaping chasm to the 3rd option. There is work to be done to freshen up the squad where some players have to be let go, and better replacements need to be brought in.

However, 7th place is there to be won with all 3 contenders to play each other, along with the other 2 to play Kilmarnock! I just hope tonight has not been to expensive on the goal keeping front!

Jim_Jam
21-04-2021, 09:51 PM
Dont really know why i watched that tonight, but i did!
!

I did too.

keeper misses first, no marking for second and silly foul for penalty.
Is hard to have a solid defence with different personne I guess.

wolvesarab
21-04-2021, 10:03 PM
Semi final financial reward is significant too remember. Still in our hands for 7th as well.

Delighted we took a risk tonight. Delighted it has shafted Hamilton.

Disappointed about result obviously but good to see how players do when put into the first team.

Finding a balance between our youth and experience will be interesting for rest of the season. Lessons learned from tonight I'm sure.

Fair enough.
Can't disagree with your rational but I just thought the balance between youth and experience was too lop sided tonight.

JamesMcClean
22-04-2021, 05:56 AM
The cup game likely forced MM’s hand. I fully support giving guys a chance with top league game time. After all it’s v1tal for both their development and that of the Club’s. Additionally as mentioned by others, we have earned the right to do that this season through hard work getting us into a decent and safe league position. HOWEVER, away to Kilmarnock, desperate for points and on the plastic I’m not convinced was the game to do it. I would have preferred the youth/reserves tombola to have been introduced for games at Tannadice instead. But, it is what it is and we move on to the undoubtedly more important game on Sunday.

Shedboy1971
22-04-2021, 07:13 AM
James - agree 100% with your post. Just seen dundee fans shouting for a points deduction and sanctions XD surprised the quality DFCT isnt doing it as well. Too many changes at once in my opinion and now Appere is getting abuse from some fans. Him and Clark should have been up front with him wide but hey ho what do i know. Connolly getting a new deal is bizarre so smith in defence did well to help connolly through the game and keep it to 3 :) The game for this was prob RC at home but well its done. Back to square pegs round holes on Sunday and a chance to bore them to sleep and nick a 1-0 win.

ARAbCHNID
22-04-2021, 08:12 AM
You just can not win. Play the kids, don't play the kids, play them at Tannadice, don't play them at places like Killie, play a few of them, only play 2 or 3, rest players for Sunday, don't rest players for Sunday. And then Appere is getting abuse from some fans? Wtf? And 16-y-o Kerr Smith helped our captain thro the game? Kept it down to 3? Wtf? Jesus, we're all so wise, there's so many brilliant head coaches on these forums.

BudMill90
22-04-2021, 08:41 AM
Last night was a strange one. Our youngsters definitely shone brightest. Smith and Meekison both looked miles ahead of most others on the pitch when it came to composure and technical ability on the ball which is extremely encouraging. Appere did his usual bustling performance up top and worked his socks off, if not for Killie's last gasp defending, he gets himself a goal. Totally fine with his performance last night. Hoti had his moments in midfield too, and I'd like to see him given more chances to show what he can do in the last few games. He is cup-tied for Sunday so 2 starts in the league before the season is out would do him good.

Biggest disappointments for me last were L Smith, Robson, Fuchs, Harkes, Bolton, Sporle and Deniz. I could go into more detail but we all watched the game, none of them stepped up to the plate in a game where they should have been able to take control and show what they were all about.

Connolly got some stick but he didn't do too much wrong last night. Won most headers that came in from corners etc and talked K Smith through the game. Go listen to Kerr's interview after the game and he singled out Connolly as someone who he is constantly talking with in training and learning from. Again, Connolly's influence on this squad wont always be ON the pitch, but we talk a lot about the young centre backs we have a the club and it seems clear that Connolly is a bit of a mentor for them. Fine by me.

In terms of 'playing the kids' it didnt help that they had mostly 2nd string around them. If you put Benji in goal and Butcher in front of the back 4 then things would have been different. Also if we had Shanks up top with McNulty around him its a different game. It's done now though and I'm not overly fussed by it. All eyes on Sunday now where we have to put it on one of our best performances of the season to get through to the semi.

offshore_arab83
22-04-2021, 10:25 AM
You just can not win. Play the kids, don't play the kids, play them at Tannadice, don't play them at places like Killie, play a few of them, only play 2 or 3, rest players for Sunday, don't rest players for Sunday. And then Appere is getting abuse from some fans? Wtf? And 16-y-o Kerr Smith helped our captain thro the game? Kept it down to 3? Wtf? Jesus, we're all so wise, there's so many brilliant head coaches on these forums.

abuse?

Shedboy1971
22-04-2021, 10:28 AM

Thank you :) my point is would have been better having someone beside Appere and Smith given all the changes we had made. Say edwards and Clark. But no harm and i wasnt really having a go at MM just saying mu opinion is prob too many changes to be effective. We are safe and hamilton are bottom - happy days :)

Shedboy1971
22-04-2021, 10:30 AM
abuse?

abuse about his performance and being "a waste of shirt" twitter and east etc. wasnt exacty abuse but typical united fans really.

Shedboy1971
22-04-2021, 10:32 AM
Last night was a strange one. Our youngsters definitely shone brightest. Smith and Meekison both looked miles ahead of most others on the pitch when it came to composure and technical ability on the ball which is extremely encouraging. Appere did his usual bustling performance up top and worked his socks off, if not for Killie's last gasp defending, he gets himself a goal. Totally fine with his performance last night. Hoti had his moments in midfield too, and I'd like to see him given more chances to show what he can do in the last few games. He is cup-tied for Sunday so 2 starts in the league before the season is out would do him good.

Biggest disappointments for me last were L Smith, Robson, Fuchs, Harkes, Bolton, Sporle and Deniz. I could go into more detail but we all watched the game, none of them stepped up to the plate in a game where they should have been able to take control and show what they were all about.

Connolly got some stick but he didn't do too much wrong last night. Won most headers that came in from corners etc and talked K Smith through the game. Go listen to Kerr's interview after the game and he singled out Connolly as someone who he is constantly talking with in training and learning from. Again, Connolly's influence on this squad wont always be ON the pitch, but we talk a lot about the young centre backs we have a the club and it seems clear that Connolly is a bit of a mentor for them. Fine by me.

In terms of 'playing the kids' it didnt help that they had mostly 2nd string around them. If you put Benji in goal and Butcher in front of the back 4 then things would have been different. Also if we had Shanks up top with McNulty around him its a different game. It's done now though and I'm not overly fussed by it. All eyes on Sunday now where we have to put it on one of our best performances of the season to get through to the semi.

Thats a very good post Bud. I thought Appere was good - i prefer him wide coming in but that would have left a 4-6-0 formation lol

TerryTheTerror
22-04-2021, 10:37 AM
Thats a very good post Bud. I thought Appere was good - i prefer him wide coming in but that would have left a 4-6-0 formation lol

I thought he was one of the better players last night too. Still, I shelled out £12.50 for that last night, should have checked the team first!

Shedboy1971
22-04-2021, 10:40 AM
I thought he was one of the better players last night too. Still, I shelled out £12.50 for that last night, should have checked the team first!

i eventually did too at 19:44 :) so i knew the line up but couldnt help myself. Sunday here we come!!

Shedboy1971
22-04-2021, 10:40 AM
what is Meekisons natural position. I liked what i saw last night.

BackRowArab
22-04-2021, 10:44 AM
what is Meekisons natural position. I liked what i saw last night.

A number 10/AMC/Behind the Striker/Attacking Midfielder/Maradona :D

Shedboy1971
22-04-2021, 10:48 AM
A number 10/AMC/Behind the Striker/Attacking Midfielder/Maradona :D

great touches and a no 10 just what we need for next season. also just recalling last night we only started with one youngster being blooded in. with meekison coming on on 57 mins. Appere is a first team player now. so the argument that folk are complaining about kids being used isnt logical its the amount of changes really and the lack of depth we apparently have in senior players

ahlltanyirhide
22-04-2021, 11:08 AM
What I’d like to have seen was someone taking that kunt Lafferty out after the early tackle on Smith? That was a brutal tackle and one of our lads should have gone right through him after that. We are far too ‘nice’ and that skinny hun pr*ck’s season should have been over. I phukkin hate seeing our lads receiving that kind of challenge and no one gets the them back, big deal if it resulted in red card as the league season is over anyway but Lafferty should be in plaster today. Should be, you phukk with us, we’ll phukk you up.

Rant over

ARAbCHNID
22-04-2021, 11:09 AM
Louie must have been ecstatic with his raiding partners, Bolton right & Sporle left. What a supply! Makes you hanker for McNulty/Clark/Shankland.

Shedboy1971
22-04-2021, 11:20 AM
what i’d like to have seen was someone taking that kunt lafferty out after the early tackle on smith? That was a brutal tackle and one of our lads should have gone right through him after that. We are far too ‘nice’ and that skinny hun pr*ck’s season should have been over. I phukkin hate seeing our lads receiving that kind of challenge and no one gets the them back, big deal if it resulted in red card as the league season is over anyway but lafferty should be in plaster today. Should be, you phukk with us, we’ll phukk you up.

Rant over

yes!!!

Dave63
22-04-2021, 11:31 AM
Louie must have been ecstatic with his raiding partners, Bolton right & Sporle left. What a supply! Makes you hanker for McNulty/Clark/Shankland.

Yeah and them 3 will be back in on Sunday we will get beat and all the talk will be MM playing the 3 of them which doesn't work

Shedboy1971
22-04-2021, 11:44 AM
Yeah and them 3 will be back in on Sunday we will get beat and all the talk will be MM playing the 3 of them which doesn't work

Just a thought there maybe play clark and shanks with appere left or shanks and appere? leave mcnulty in dundee or wherever he stays. Fvck id start with meekison too. bolton can go back to the super league wannabes

PT_Arab
22-04-2021, 02:14 PM
Here's what I couldn't get my head around:

Ok, so we're trying something a bit experimental and giving some players a start who wouldn't normally be in the team. We've got Edwards, Reynolds, Butcher, Clark, Shankland and McNulty on the bench - all of whom would normally be certain starters. We can make 5 subs so presumably they are there so that if things go badly wrong we can get them on and revert to a more recognised line up/formation and be more competitive in the game.

Well I don't know how much more badly wrong it can go than going 3-0 down in the space of 10 minutes before half time, yet not one of these guys got on. What's the point in having them there? Give them the night off altogether would surely have been better for them.

scot crabbit
22-04-2021, 02:41 PM
Absolutely right. A red down south every day of the week or at the cheeks lairs. Unfortunately Charlie Mulgrew should have seriously decapitated the phu-kin pyrric all those years ago after that ludicrous dive at Ibrox.

Teddy Bear
22-04-2021, 06:18 PM
Honestly shocked at that result. Doesn’t seem fair for Ross county to not have their relegation rivals given a tough game in my opinion. I’m not suggesting anything untoward but your manager has been a bit unfair in my opinion.

stokearab
22-04-2021, 06:35 PM
Honestly shocked at that result. Doesn’t seem fair for Ross county to not have their relegation rivals given a tough game in my opinion. I’m not suggesting anything untoward but your manager has been a bit unfair in my opinion.

Going to get absolute pelters here but I have to agree. Mellon was on club TV before the game saying how much the integrity of the league would be respected then he goes and selects a severely weakened team.
Nuts. "We are Dundee United".
Are we Mickey.
Not happy here. Controversial maybe but always call it as I see it.

BudMill90
22-04-2021, 06:40 PM
Load of sh1te

stokearab
22-04-2021, 06:46 PM
Load of sh1te

And another shambles of a performance.

An old shed boy
22-04-2021, 07:42 PM
Going to get absolute pelters here but I have to agree. Mellon was on club TV before the game saying how much the integrity of the league would be respected then he goes and selects a severely weakened team.
Nuts. "We are Dundee United".
Are we Mickey.
Not happy here. Controversial maybe but always call it as I see it.
Why would you get pelters for giving your opinion.
I heard some of his interview last night and by the amount of times he said outstanding you would have thought we’d won.
I would have preferred him to say he got it wrong and made too many changes in one go.
I don’t want him sacked after keeping us up but wouldn’t be bothered if he left.

ranaldarab
22-04-2021, 07:46 PM
Seem to remember them giving us 4 first time around so they didnae exactly take advantage of a 'weakened' United.

stokearab
22-04-2021, 07:56 PM
Why would you get pelters for giving your opinion.
I heard some of his interview last night and by the amount of times he said outstanding you would have thought we’d won.
I would have preferred him to say he got it wrong and made too many changes in one go.
I don’t want him sacked after keeping us up but wouldn’t be bothered if he left.

He definitely wrote Tommy Wright's team talk for him.

He's done really well under the circumstances and deserves credit for that. I'd like to see what he could achieve with the injection of new players over 2 to 3 transfer windows.

My only concern is after he steadied the ship we have only played decent flowing football in short flashes and I was hoping for more.
We never seem to look fluid or very joined up.
Maybe I just expect too much. But then how can we be getting outplayed by Partick and Forfar?

stokearab
22-04-2021, 08:04 PM
Seem to remember them giving us 4 first time around so they didnae exactly take advantage of a 'weakened' United.

Not quite sure what you're meaning there.
Are you saying a 3-0 humping is an upgrade on 4?

I agree with PT Arab. I think we only listed the first team players on the bench to avoid a fine.

GUNBOAT
22-04-2021, 09:42 PM
No one can pass judgement on last night until 4.20PM on Sunday.Aberdeen went full strength last night v Celtic(minus their captain and keeper Lewis who is injured)because they still had faint hopes of finishing 3rd.

Had we been in their position Mellon would have done the same,Aberdeen went 1-0 up v Celtic but from what i heard on the radio they were under severe pressure for the rest of a very high tempo game and conceded in the last minute.

If we go up there fresher than them and get on the front foot early and knock them out of the cup then we can look back in hindsight and say our manager got it right midweek.

On the other hand if all the players rested make an erse of it at Pittodrie then by all means cremate Micky at your leisure,FACT.

stokearab
22-04-2021, 10:32 PM
Not cremating him GB. I want him to stay.
But I think we'll get beat on Sunday. Hope I'm wrong.

GUNBOAT
22-04-2021, 10:56 PM
Not cremating him GB. I want him to stay.
But I think we'll get beat on Sunday. Hope I'm wrong.

Never thought for one minute you were frying him mate,i was just making a general point to everyone on the board.As for Sunday i'm more optimistic than you providing we have Benji between the sticks.

JamesMcClean
23-04-2021, 06:37 AM
While The Rangers remain in the tournament it’s unlikely that we (or anyone else for that matter) will win the Cup. However you’ve got to be in it to win it and then who knows? After all, no one would have seen St Mirren beating Sevco in the Betfred. If such a thing happened then suddenly you’ve got to think we’ve got a chance as we’re perfectly capable of beating any of the remaining teams left as witnessed by our league results against them all this season. We’ve drawn all our games against St Johnstone, drawn against Hibs and beaten the rest. I think we’ve got a good shout on Sunday - I’m not saying we’ll definitely win but nor will we definitely lose. It’s that tight and will require a solid defensive performance. But we will have the tried and trusted triumvirate of Siegrist, Edwards and Reynolds back in the centre who to be fair have given away bugger all over the last few weeks.

Shedboy1971
23-04-2021, 06:43 AM
Thought we would get hammered by Killie and my initial thought is we will get beat by Aberdeen. But there has been something about the cup this season for us - not out of 1st gear in quarters. Dont envisage or predict us winning it but i wouldnt be surprised with a 1-0 win - in fact delighted so head says aberdeen, heart and soul says 1-0 us :) Just as well i dont bet i suppose lol

BackRowArab
23-04-2021, 07:48 AM
Can people please make their mind up about wanting Pawlett and Butcher and McNulty and Clark, etc being dropped? Seemed it had been asked for for weeks and weeks and then when it happened people were angry that it happened

arab777
23-04-2021, 09:38 AM
Can people please make their mind up about wanting Pawlett and Butcher and McNulty and Clark, etc being dropped? Seemed it had been asked for for weeks and weeks and then when it happened people were angry that it happened

The problem is apart from Fuchs none of the players fighting for these positions are good enough. So whatever combination of these players are picked its not going solve anything. Its an area that badly needs strengthened for next season.

BackRowArab
23-04-2021, 09:48 AM
The problem is apart from Fuchs none of the players fighting for these positions are good enough. So whatever combination of these players are picked its not going solve anything. Its an area that badly needs strengthened for next season.

I don't think anyone will disagree with that, its just the double standards of begging for people to be dropped and then when they are out the team then there are big shouts of "why are they not playing?"

TerryTheTerror
23-04-2021, 09:56 AM
I don't think anyone will disagree with that, its just the double standards of begging for people to be dropped and then when they are out the team then there are big shouts of "why are they not playing?"

I know what you mean but, can you actually pinpoint any poster as actually having done that? Or is it just a feeling based on various opinions by different folk?

sultan_of_arabia
23-04-2021, 10:01 AM
For me the frustration about the Killie game is that it isn't a matter of dropping a few players. It was a conscientious decision that the game didn't matter and to in effect play a reserve team. Whether this is the right decision for Sunday we will never know and there are arguments both ways.

For me personally introduce one or 2 youngsters to show them they have really merited it and to give a kick up the backside to a couple of underperformers. That's what I would have liked to have seen for some time now but we should always try to win every game and respect that fans are still playing decent money to watch.

Overall I'm happy with Mellon and what we achieved this year though and I'm looking forward to next.

Shedboy1971
23-04-2021, 10:05 AM

I would like Clark playing in his right position when he plays, if that means dropping McNulty so beit. Id like a fit Pawlett for a dozen games or so. Still think appere is a good partner for Shanks - all these forwards and we rarely score. Thats why a creative mid and wide players would help.

Shedboy1971
23-04-2021, 10:07 AM
For me the frustration about the Killie game is that it isn't a matter of dropping a few players. It was a conscientious decision that the game didn't matter and to in effect play a reserve team. Whether this is the right decision for Sunday we will never know and there are arguments both ways.

For me personally introduce one or 2 youngsters to show them they have really merited it and to give a kick up the backside to a couple of underperformers. That's what I would have liked to have seen for some time now but we should always try to win every game and respect that fans are still playing decent money to watch.

Overall I'm happy with Mellon and what we achieved this year though and I'm looking forward to next.

In all he only started Smith as one of the youngsters as Appere has a bit of experience. A few showed again they arent anywhere near good enough.

BackRowArab
23-04-2021, 10:13 AM
I know what you mean but, can you actually pinpoint any poster as actually having done that? Or is it just a feeling based on various opinions by different folk?

I'll be honest its probably more the feeling based on the posts on the forum (I don't really pay attention to the poster's names), maybe it is a case that the people who have been calling for the dropping of these players have been happy and haven't made any comments regarding selection in the past few days

BackRowArab
23-04-2021, 10:14 AM

Like Smith and Hoti which is what happened on Wednesday

TerryTheTerror
23-04-2021, 11:59 AM
I'll be honest its probably more the feeling based on the posts on the forum (I don't really pay attention to the poster's names), maybe it is a case that the people who have been calling for the dropping of these players have been happy and haven't made any comments regarding selection in the past few days

Yeah, probably. I used to go on about this place as if it were a collective consciousness too though. XD

GUNBOAT
25-04-2021, 03:55 PM
No one can pass judgement on last night until 4.20PM on Sunday.Aberdeen went full strength last night v Celtic(minus their captain and keeper Lewis who is injured)because they still had faint hopes of finishing 3rd.

Had we been in their position Mellon would have done the same,Aberdeen went 1-0 up v Celtic but from what i heard on the radio they were under severe pressure for the rest of a very high tempo game and conceded in the last minute.

If we go up there fresher than them and get on the front foot early and knock them out of the cup then we can look back in hindsight and say our manager got it right midweek.

On the other hand if all the players rested make an erse of it at Pittodrie then by all means cremate Micky at your leisure,FACT.

One of my better posts.

ballumbie_arab
25-04-2021, 05:02 PM
One of my better posts.

👍🏻
Credit where credit is due, the team turned up today, and was really impressed with their attitude and intensity, and as I’ve said before, can accept results not going our way, as long as the team are giving their all. PTBAA

Shedboy1971
25-04-2021, 10:43 PM
Never doubted micky at all.............;D

Chips_OToole
25-04-2021, 10:47 PM
Put exact same team out against Ross County -only fair on Ross County

League is **** all now