PDA

View Full Version : The Big Match Live 1974.

mickd1961
24-05-2021, 08:58 PM
Just watching West Ham v Wolves from 74.

Now I’m reminded of why I fell I love with football, end to end football, like watching two boxers go toe to toe.

A chopped up muddy pitch yet played at fast pace and some superb skills on show with great dribbling and ball control.

A baying 31,000 crowd at the old West Ham ground and even the 9 year olds smoking.

Anyone telling you football is better and faster now is talking out of their a r s e end, this is real entertainment.

Not a dive or feigned injury in site either.

What a quality player Trevor Brooking was as well, talk about making it look easy.

These re runs are on BT Sport if anyone else is interested.

Barrera
24-05-2021, 09:19 PM
When I am looking for a bit of Albion football nostalgia I often end up watching the highlights of Leeds v Albion 1971. What a match .... Leeds at top of their game ... Albion had a decent side .... Bremner should have been sent off twice ... Merrick sent clattering into a chair on the edge of the pitch .... the epic walk by Revie complete with his car blanket ...... linesman being stoned .... biased Leeds commentary ......absolute classic ..... different era ....

Yarmbaggie
24-05-2021, 09:24 PM
Just watching West Ham v Wolves from 74.

Now I’m reminded of why I fell I love with football, end to end football, like watching two boxers go toe to toe.

A chopped up muddy pitch yet played at fast pace and some superb skills on show with great dribbling and ball control.

A baying 31,000 crowd at the old West Ham ground and even the 9 year olds smoking.

Anyone telling you football is better and faster now is talking out of their a r s e end, this is real entertainment.

Not a dive or feigned injury in site either.

What a quality player Trevor Brooking was as well, talk about making it look easy.

These re runs are on BT Sport if anyone else is interested.

I couldn’t agree more, in fact I know I watch more of the old 60s/70s/80s stuff than I do the present football. Half the time I can’t be bothered with the Premier League and even when I do I hardly ever watch the whole game. Football ruined through my rose tinted glasses.

baggielad
25-05-2021, 05:37 AM
There's also The Big Match Revisited on ITV 4 every Saturday morning around 10.30 if you like to hark back to these footballing times.