gents remember to use the poll buttons - yes or no above to cast your vote

ARAbCHNID
27-05-2021, 10:52 AM
Don't know how to vote properly (buttons?) but I'm 1. yes
I'm a trusting soul.

LSArab
27-05-2021, 11:00 AM
Absolutely not.

Pattern of losing experienced managers each year. Then we get apparent yes man with no experience

shedka
27-05-2021, 11:26 AM
Yes - if the alternative is Yogi

No - if we can get McInnes

shed_boy_21
27-05-2021, 11:32 AM
Yes - if the alternative is Yogi

No - if we can get McInnes

Whilst i'm not championing Hughes in any way, why would you prefer an ex junior footballer with absolutely zero experience in professional football over a guy who won the Scottish Cup and finished 3rd with ICT as well as keeping a piss poor Ross County side in the league??

This viewpoint genuinely baffles me. Hughes seems like the phuckin messiah at this point!

tHeArAb
27-05-2021, 11:33 AM
gents remember to use the poll buttons - yes or no above to cast your vote

I don't see no poll buttons?

EDIT: Poll buttons only available in desktop mode for anyone wondering.

LSArab
27-05-2021, 11:36 AM
Whilst i'm not championing Hughes in any way, why would you prefer an ex junior footballer with absolutely zero experience in professional football over a guy who won the Scottish Cup and finished 3rd with ICT as well as keeping a piss poor Ross County side in the league??

This viewpoint genuinely baffles me. Hughes seems like the phuckin messiah at this point!

Good point as to courts.

He has not even had any first team
Professional experience as far as I am aware , apart from the 2-0 loss at Livi

If he has potential then he needs to learn the ropes - he should be an assistant manager

shedka
27-05-2021, 11:37 AM

Yes, I'd rather we go with Courts over Hughes

Hughes would never in a million years work out at Utd, has always concerned me when linked with him

shed_boy_21
27-05-2021, 11:45 AM
There's more chance of Hughes succeeding than Tae fae Kelty! As soon as Tam loses a few games the atmosphere will turn poisonous.

shedka
27-05-2021, 11:50 AM
That would be a fan issue, imagine waiting so long to get back to Tannadice to create a poison atmosphere for your team and a new manager, it wouldn't be his fault if he gets appointed (despite me wanting McInnes) then I'll back him and be desperate for this to work out

AraBrian
27-05-2021, 11:51 AM
Would feel safer with an experienced manager but plenty of them have let us down in the past.If the guy courts gets the job and is allowed to do the job his way with help from a decent assistant then will still get my support not giving season back or stopping supporting utd.I f it is correct that courts is just going to be a yes man assisted by TA's son with TA telling him who to play and filling team with unready youngsters then don't think we will have a club to support for long.

JamesMcClean
27-05-2021, 12:11 PM
I'm a no. But mainly as the replacement is very close by but not actually in Tannadice. I'm talking a tactical genius with the ability to sketch out a quick tactical masterplan in his trusty notebook in the wink of an eye. Gentleman, I give you Pep McPoke.:D

offshore_arab83
27-05-2021, 12:41 PM
EDIT: Poll buttons only available in desktop mode for anyone wondering. aye sorry gents, I should have said that earlier - to vote on poll buttons you need to be on desk top version.

Whitfieldarab
27-05-2021, 12:42 PM
He'll fkn no........Alec Neale or Del McIness for me

Noddydog
27-05-2021, 12:42 PM
How would people feel if it was Steve Frail appointed as Manager with Tam Courts appointed as assistant/coach? It would put someone with (admittedly limited) management experience in charge, and allow Tam Courts to gain further experience in a managerial role. Bear in mind the board want to go down a more American style head coach route with a separate manager/sporting director (presumably TA?). Both SF & TC have reputedly good coaching credentials. It seems its the management side that concerns most, but sounds like the plan is to place emphasis on coaching matters.
I think a lot of the real mistrust is directed at TA. I have no evidence to know one way or the other what the real situation is, and whether the flack directed at him is knee jerk/ someone to blame or based on real evidence. Does anyone really or is it just whispers etc.

shed_boy_21
27-05-2021, 12:45 PM
How would people feel if it was Steve Frail appointed as Manager with Tam Courts appointed as assistant/coach? It would put someone with (admittedly limited) management experience in charge, and allow Tam Courts to gain further experience in a managerial role. Bear in mind the board want to go down a more American style head coach route with a separate manager/sporting director (presumably TA?). Both SF & TC have reputedly good coaching credentials. It seems its the management side that concerns most, but sounds like the plan is to place emphasis on coaching matters.
I think a lot of the real mistrust is directed at TA. I have no evidence to know one way or the other what the real situation is, and whether the flack directed at him is knee jerk/ someone to blame or based on real evidence. Does anyone really or is it just whispers etc.

NO, NO, NO, NO! We're the 6th biggest club in the country! It's time we acted like it.

Shedboy1971
27-05-2021, 12:47 PM
No

But judging by the press it seems to be him. Will support him if so

FTFun
27-05-2021, 12:59 PM
looks like asghar will have to find someone more popular... whit's Gary Glitter daein these days?

Shedboy1971
27-05-2021, 01:00 PM
We need a leader. Hitler and pol pot as assistant

offshore_arab83
27-05-2021, 01:06 PM
NO, NO, NO, NO! We're the 6th biggest club in the country! It's time we acted like it.

this ^^^^^

stokearab
27-05-2021, 01:12 PM
According to the Scottish Sun

"United's search continues"

"Tam Courts remains favourite for the managers seat at Tannadice but a new candidate emerged this morning. According to sources close to the club Tini Tikara will be be interviewed later today.
Tikara has been managing in the Asian League West and has taken his side from 19th in the Sixth Tier of the National Schools league to winning the title in just 2 years.
17 year old Tikara said "I'm honoured to be linked with Dundee United and I have told the club I will do anything Mr Tony says"

The Sun contacted the Club and were told
"At Dundee United we value youth and although Tini is only 17 he has a wealth of experience. He deserves consideration"

More to follow.

JUSTaway
27-05-2021, 01:13 PM
I’m a no Because i dont think It is right at this point in time, im not against promoting from Within per se however. There Are going to be some talented guys out there with low level football backgrounds. Let’s find a top/established manager Like an Alec Neil who can promote youth and build a squad meantime.

A lot of wild speculation out there just now so some transparency would help settle things Down.

offshore_arab83
27-05-2021, 01:19 PM
@scotinusa

Notice you voted yes to appoint Tam, are you Scott Ogren?

Noddydog
27-05-2021, 02:01 PM

My point is, the Ogrens bought into the club with a business plan of investing in the academy to develop young players. We bought into that at the time. So its only logical that they develop a business plan and strategy to achieve that. I’m not suggesting I wouldn’t have my own concerns about experience etc. but if they went ahead, I’d support it, and at least give it a proper chance to be successful. It seems some want to bring out the lynch mob, just on the appointment. We can’t have our cake and eat it. Otherwise, would you prefer them to sell up and hand it back to Stephen Thomson? No? Didn’t think so.

Arab59
27-05-2021, 02:12 PM
My point is, the Ogrens bought into the club with a business plan of investing in the academy to develop young players. We bought into that at the time. So its only logical that they develop a business plan and strategy to achieve that. I’m not suggesting I wouldn’t have my own concerns about experience etc. but if they went ahead, I’d support it, and at least give it a proper chance to be successful. It seems some want to bring out the lynch mob, just on the appointment. We can’t have our cake and eat it. Otherwise, would you prefer them to sell up and hand it back to Stephen Thomson? No? Didn’t think so.
A big NO experience is what we need

offshore_arab83
27-05-2021, 02:28 PM
sorry but i cannot support this appointment

No lynch mob, just proper concerned supporters

P.S

F uck Stephen Thompson

ScotinUSA
27-05-2021, 02:33 PM
@scotinusa

Notice you voted yes to appoint Tam, are you Scott Ogren?

No just wanted to see the reaction. I will support our manager whoever it is. The people who make these decisions live and die by them. If this is successful then well done to all, if not, as long as we dont take too long to correct the error and remove those responsible then so be it.

GUNBOAT
27-05-2021, 02:38 PM
No just wanted to see the reaction. I will support our manager whoever it is. The people who make these decisions live and die by them. If this is successful then well done to all, if not, as long as we dont take too long to correct the error and remove those responsible then so be it.

Scott,please,please,please go and tell your dad that Big Tony has lost the plot and the support are up in arms.

shed_boy_21
27-05-2021, 02:40 PM
Scott,please,please,please go and tell your dad that Big Tony has lost the plot and the support are up in arms.

This!

Noddydog
27-05-2021, 02:44 PM
A big NO experience is what we need

I’m not denying it and would be my preference too. But it’s not our say, and our only real choice is whether to go with it or walk away. I’m just not for walking away, and if it goes that way it will get my support in the hope it can be made to work. I guess my real fear is that it causes so much friction the whole thing comes crashing down anyway. My fear if that happens, is that constant sniping from supporters when the season starts will destroy confidence, especially if its younger players as is being suggested. Saying it will be aimed at TA won’t make any real difference as players only pick up on the general atmosphere not who its aimed at.

Noddydog
27-05-2021, 03:00 PM
sorry but i cannot support this appointment

No lynch mob, just proper concerned supporters

P.S

F uck Stephen Thompson

Ideally we could get an experienced manager, who can bring on young players and be willing to take on an “apprentice” for future promotion at some point, but that might not br so simple, as we surmised with MM, so any incoming manager would have to know that from the outset. That may exclude many of the “experienced” names being touted at the moment. Perhaps someone at the latter stages of their career and less likely to climbing any career ladder for themselves, though that might cause its own problems.

GUNBOAT
27-05-2021, 03:01 PM
I’m not denying it and would be my preference too. But it’s not our say, and our only real choice is whether to go with it or walk away. I’m just not for walking away, and if it goes that way it will get my support in the hope it can be made to work. I guess my real fear is that it causes so much friction the whole thing comes crashing down anyway. My fear if that happens, is that constant sniping from supporters when the season starts will destroy confidence, especially if its younger players as is being suggested. Saying it will be aimed at TA won’t make any real difference as players only pick up on the general atmosphere not who its aimed at.

If thousands of fans threaten to walk i can guarantee one thing,Tam will not be our next manager.If on the other hand we just accept what Big Tony has planned for us then he will be.
I honestly think its as simple as that.

GUNBOAT
27-05-2021, 03:06 PM
Ideally we could get an experienced manager, who can bring on young players and be willing to take on an “apprentice” for future promotion at some point, but that might not br so simple, as we surmised with MM, so any incoming manager would have to know that from the outset. That may exclude many of the “experienced” names being touted at the moment. Perhaps someone at the latter stages of their career and less likely to climbing any career ladder for themselves, though that might cause its own problems.

I have said for a good while now that most managers available would be unwilling to work under Big Tony as they will all be well aware of what's happened between him and Micky.
The only solution i can see honestly is the Big Man packing his bags and he can take Adam with him for all i care.

Arabdownsouth
27-05-2021, 03:17 PM
If thousands of fans threaten to walk i can guarantee one thing,Tam will not be our next manager.If on the other hand we just accept what Big Tony has planned for us then he will be.
I honestly think its as simple as that.

Do you really think thousands of fans will walk away from the club because they don't like the choice of manager? Pretty unlikely I'd say.

Shedboy1971
27-05-2021, 03:21 PM

And he has been burning the whistleblowing box

GUNBOAT
27-05-2021, 03:22 PM
Do you really think thousands of fans will walk away from the club because they don't like the choice of manager? Pretty unlikely I'd say.

That is not what i posted please read the post again mate thanks.

GUNBOAT
27-05-2021, 03:31 PM
What i will say is,if Tam is the next manager the majority of the support will regard him as a puppet.It would be slightly more palatable if a completely untried youth coach was coming in with a big reputation from an English Premier League team's academy.
For a club the size of Dundee United to be on the verge of appointing a guy who's best work was done at Kelty Hearts is bordering on madness.

petermackie
27-05-2021, 03:39 PM
I have said for a good while now that most managers available would be unwilling to work under Big Tony as they will all be well aware of what's happened between him and Micky.
The only solution i can see honestly is the Big Man packing his bags and he can take Adam with him for all i care.

What about Agent Mac...he can bring Billy with him...I didn't vote in your poll... didn't think I'd be allowed...but if you want to vote for me I'm a big yes for Tam😄🙈💰💰💰

Arabdownsouth
27-05-2021, 03:44 PM
That is not what i posted please read the post again mate thanks.

OK let me put it another way. You're suggesting the club would change their mind if thousands of fans threaten to walk ( I can only imagine you mean walk away from the club and not just down to the shops and back) I'm saying no one at the club would believe that would happen any more than I or most people would. Tam Courts doesn't have a cloud hanging over him in the same way that Malky did so they would not have to give in to fan pressure in the same way. If Mark, or more likely Tony decide he's the man then he'll be the man.

Tomb
27-05-2021, 03:45 PM
No, No, No, No, No.

AraBrian
27-05-2021, 03:50 PM

I agree with this most utd fans won't walk away from the club no matter who is appointed manager most will give the manager their support and hope he does well no matter who that manager is.From what I have read some utd supporters have been against TA since he was appointed and this is brilliant for them to stir it and try to get him out but doubt that will happen.Was posted yesterday that courts was a done deal but still has not happened know if courts does not get appointed now will be said it was just because few hundred supporters moaned on forums or twitter or what ever but maybe there was no decition made to appoint him in first place.May be some supporters who won't go back over this carry on but think most will stay loyal will just have to wait and see.

GUNBOAT
27-05-2021, 03:53 PM
OK let me put it another way. You're suggesting the club would change their mind if thousands of fans threaten to walk ( I can only imagine you mean walk away from the club and not just down to the shops and back) I'm saying no one at the club would believe that would happen any more than I or most people would. Tam Courts doesn't have a cloud hanging over him in the same way that Malky did so they would not have to give in to fan pressure in the same way. If Mark, or more likely Tony decide he's the man then he'll be the man.

If it was as simple as that he would have been appointed by now.Big Tony maybe calling all the shots but he will need to let the Ogren's know how many fans have asked for their season ticket money back and how many PATG are refusing to do so next season.

GUNBOAT
27-05-2021, 03:58 PM
What i will say is,if Tam is the next manager the majority of the support will regard him as a puppet.It would be slightly more palatable if a completely untried youth coach was coming in with a big reputation from an English Premier League team's academy.
For a club the size of Dundee United to be on the verge of appointing a guy who's best work was done at Kelty Hearts is bordering on madness.

Lets forget all the nonsense and tit for tat and just concentrate on the FACTS.

Dave63
27-05-2021, 04:00 PM
No. From Kelty Hearts to first team coach with whatever inbetween can't happen . The guy may be up for job but can we take chance with who's in Premier league next season

AraBrian
27-05-2021, 04:08 PM
If it was as simple as that he would have been appointed by now.Big Tony maybe calling all the shots but he will need to let the Ogren's know how many fans have asked for their season ticket money back and how many PATG are refusing to do so next season.

Not being funny here GB but how many fans do you think have asked for their money back from season tickets?Honestly interested I doubt it's many.Loads will shout about doing it but most supporters won't want to hurt the club.Will the club cancel tickets and give a full refund because supporters are not happy about a decision?If so do they only do this before season starts or can you get a refund any time in season?Again not being funny am Interested I thought when you bought you'r ticket that was that.

AraBrian
27-05-2021, 04:16 PM
Lets forget all the nonsense and tit for tat and just concentrate on the FACTS.

Really there is no facts yet there is a rumour that TA sacked MM because he wanted his son as first team coach and courts as a puppet manager but no one I know knows why MM was sacked or left just rumours courts has not been appointed yet neither has TA's son and no one knows if they will be and if courts is appointed no one knows if he will be allowed to do his own thing or if he will just be a puppet.So really the only facts we know is that MM has gone and utd are going to appoint a replacement.

JUSTaway
27-05-2021, 04:30 PM
Communication has been really poor from the club throughout this episode.

AraBrian
27-05-2021, 04:43 PM
Communication has been really poor from the club throughout this episode.

Yeah I agree with that they obviously must know that fans on forums twitter etc are going nuts threats of giving tickets back and not supporting utd next season.Think they could have put out a statement saying no decision has been reached on a new manager and it will be new mangers job to appoint his staff.May be reasons why they can't say why MM went to be fair if I left my work for some reason and my work went to papers with reason I left I might not be too happy and they might get in the sh.. but if they could shed some light on the parting maybe would have helped calm some down also.

GUNBOAT
27-05-2021, 04:45 PM
The amazing thing is the poll result hitherto tells us everything yet you could spend hours on here falling out with each other.Its music to the Big Man's ears.

AraBrian
27-05-2021, 04:52 PM
The amazing thing is the poll result hitherto tells us everything yet you could spend hours on here falling out with each other.Its music to the Big Man's ears.

Don't think anyone is falling out mate most are concerend with what they are hearing but different people handle it differently some are wanting money back for seasons some are never going back some are writting to the club to complain and others are waiting to find out what is really happening before they react but think most understand that people just act differently to rumours.

Yeats 62
27-05-2021, 05:17 PM
Something just isn't right. Not quite sure what it might be, but getting bad vibes. I think the club could/should release some kind of statement without ruining whatever is going on behind the scenes, just to settle the nerves and keep the fans slightly in the loop.

ClashCityRocker
27-05-2021, 05:17 PM
No thanks and Ashgar needs gone.

Chick A Saw
27-05-2021, 05:20 PM
Don't think anyone is falling out mate most are concerend with what they are hearing but different people handle it differently some are wanting money back for seasons some are never going back some are writting to the club to complain and others are waiting to find out what is really happening before they react but think most understand that people just act differently to rumours.

So, quite a few of the old and wise heads on here are hearing things that are of great concern, but you are saying we need to keep calm and carry on? What can you see happening from the events of this week?

ClashCityRocker
27-05-2021, 05:21 PM
"Communication has been really poor from the club throughout this episode".

Have I missed something - there has been no communication.

But I think we can guess that MM was pushed, perhaps offered a pay off and perhaps signed a non-disclousure deal ?

AraBrian
27-05-2021, 05:36 PM
So, quite a few of the old and wise heads on here are hearing things that are of great concern, but you are saying we need to keep calm and carry on? What can you see happening from the events of this week?

If you are just looking for an arguement then pi.. off but if you are genuinely asking me where I stand on this then I am worried by the rumours that I am hearing but they are not coming out yet as I am hearing them eg courts was a done deal yesterday but seems utd are still interviewing for post.What I can see happening from the aftermath of all this is loads of utd supporters turning against TA no matter what is happening behind the scenes if the rumours turn out to be false then some will forget their dislike of TA but others will still keep their dislike and pretend it was them that made him change his mind wheather his mind had ever been made up or not.I will still be supporting utd next season no matter who they appoint as manager but would prefer an experienced manager to be appointed.What can you see happening?

GUNBOAT
27-05-2021, 05:51 PM
If you are just looking for an arguement then pi.. off but if you are genuinely asking me where I stand on this then I am worried by the rumours that I am hearing but they are not coming out yet as I am hearing them eg courts was a done deal yesterday but seems utd are still interviewing for post.What I can see happening from the aftermath of all this is loads of utd supporters turning against TA no matter what is happening behind the scenes if the rumours turn out to be false then some will forget their dislike of TA but others will still keep their dislike and pretend it was them that made him change his mind wheather his mind had ever been made up or not.I will still be supporting utd next season no matter who they appoint as manager but would prefer an experienced manager to be appointed.What can you see happening?

What about the meeting on Tuesday?,it was not a rumour but a person at it said,"This is worse than the ST era."

edinarab
27-05-2021, 05:54 PM
yes

tHeArAb
27-05-2021, 06:07 PM

Post of the day!! 👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼

AraBrian
27-05-2021, 06:08 PM
What about the meeting on Tuesday?,it was not a rumour but a person at it said,"This is worse than the ST era."

Who was at this meeting?Was he serious that he would prefer the ST era back?Why does he think this is worse than the ST era?I really am on you'r side mate if all those rumour I am hearing are true we will find out soon I would think if the rumours were true and was a done deal yesterday can't understand why they are interviewing and not announcing the done deal?

tHeArAb
27-05-2021, 06:11 PM

I completely disagree. This fans revolt is bigger than the Malky Mackay one imo and if Courts is appointed, Asghar is a dead man walking when it comes to Utd. He'll never turn this around.

AraBrian
27-05-2021, 06:27 PM
I completely disagree. This fans revolt is bigger than the Malky Mackay one imo and if Courts is appointed, Asghar is a dead man walking when it comes to Utd. He'll never turn this around.

To be honest mate even if this rumour about courts turns out to be false doubt TA will ever be accepted by a lot of arabs now think we will have a season or two or longer of people moaning about him.If he does appoint courts and his son then fair enough but pretty crap if he appoints an experienced manager but think he is now tarred with that brush weather the rumours are true or not.

GUNBOAT
27-05-2021, 06:32 PM

ahlltanyirhide
27-05-2021, 06:39 PM
Defo, get him in and get the best young players on the park. We might not have them for very long but it could be phukkin fantastic watching them. Big Tam though needs to understand he cannae phukk about with the defence, we need four big hard dirty bastirds back there so the the other six can strut their stuff on the hallowed turf. Do this, and every good young player will want to be at Tannadice 🖤🧡🖤🧡

Chick A Saw
27-05-2021, 06:40 PM

You really think im wanting to get into an argument when it takes me 5-10 minutes to work out what you are trying get across? You really need to get over that paranoia as i have asked you genuine questions on several occasions and you always go the same way!

If you're hearing different rumours to what others have brought in here, then dont you think people should be made aware of them so we can make our own minds up? Essentially that is what us not in the know people do at times like this, and ive even listened to what the retired one has written! WE BOTH AGREE that either way, Tony will get a backlash of some sorts after this, but while i may be willing to give any new manager a chance, im not gonna throw my limited income at a poorly performing team that is based on an ideal of playing the youth to make money for 2 or 3 people! It wont end well for Tam, Tony, the Ogrens, or ultimately the thousands of fans left to fight to get the club rebuilt.

What can i see happening, i see us going back to the SELL, SELL, SELL time of ST until there are no other youths to sell, when we should be looking back to the times where players were introduces at the right times, and sales were done at the right time and the money put into the building of the stadium we have now.

Cmon United, prove me wrong!

cybershed
27-05-2021, 07:04 PM
Defo, get him in and get the best young players on the park. We might not have them for very long but it could be phukkin fantastic watching them. Big Tam though needs to understand he cannae phukk about with the defence, we need four big hard dirty bastirds back there so the the other six can strut their stuff on the hallowed turf. Do this, and every good young player will want to be at Tannadice ��������

And when we get relegated and the top league clubs cherry-pick the best of our youngsters because we will have to sell. How fantastic will that be watching a team of young 'potential' players get walloped week-in-week-out by a bunch of seasoned pro's?

The top league is a REALLY tough environment. And you need to bring in the youth players WHEN they are ready.

We have 11 academy coaches. Do we really need that many? That's pretty expensive surely?

TBH, I'm at a loss ATM. I want to be looking forward to a new season. But I find myself (before the end of May FFS!) kind of dreading this summer and the forthcoming season.

That is something believe you me. Because I absolutely love our club.

cybershed
27-05-2021, 07:12 PM
You really think im wanting to get into an argument when it takes me 5-10 minutes to work out what you are trying get across? You really need to get over that paranoia as i have asked you genuine questions on several occasions and you always go the same way!

If you're hearing different rumours to what others have brought in here, then dont you think people should be made aware of them so we can make our own minds up? Essentially that is what us not in the know people do at times like this, and ive even listened to what the retired one has written! WE BOTH AGREE that either way, Tony will get a backlash of some sorts after this, but while i may be willing to give any new manager a chance, im not gonna throw my limited income at a poorly performing team that is based on an ideal of playing the youth to make money for 2 or 3 people! It wont end well for Tam, Tony, the Ogrens, or ultimately the thousands of fans left to fight to get the club rebuilt.

What can i see happening, i see us going back to the SELL, SELL, SELL time of ST until there are no other youths to sell, when we should be looking back to the times where players were introduces at the right times, and sales were done at the right time and the money put into the building of the stadium we have now.

I agree that we seem to be heading in that direction. I'm really concerned about the club's 'vision'. I reckon it could be a recipe for relegation.

As we know from bitter recent experience. It is so hard to get out of that god-damned league!

offshore_arab83
27-05-2021, 07:21 PM

hundred times bigger than the malky revolt, this hasnt got a patch on that!

AraBrian
27-05-2021, 07:39 PM

The only rumours I hear are from here but I am not going to make my mind up on any rumours.The rest of you'r post I agree with, it is up to you and anyone else to choose what you spend you'r money on I have been spending a small portion of mine on utd for the last 50 odd years and won't be stopping no matter who is in charge.If and this is a big If utd are going to start filling the team with youths that are not ready for that level just to sell them will not work,If and again it's a big If TA is just going to appoint a yes man so he can run the playing side that won't work either.I don't think TA or the Ogrens will be around long if they are going down these routes.I don't know how good a business man Ogren is but don't think he is as stupid as some people seem to think he is.I know my spelling and grammer is crap and don' mind people having a wee joke about it but I am pig sick off you have digs at me about it If it is to hard for you to read or understand then don't read it and don't keep asing me to put up posts then try to ridicule me about them would you do that to my face.

GUNBOAT
27-05-2021, 07:48 PM
The only rumours I hear are from here but I am not going to make my mind up on any rumours.The rest of you'r post I agree with, it is up to you and anyone else to choose what you spend you'r money on I have been spending a small portion of mine on utd for the last 50 odd years and won't be stopping no matter who is in charge.If and this is a big If utd are going to start filling the team with youths that are not ready for that level just to sell them will not work,If and again it's a big If TA is just going to appoint a yes man so he can run the playing side that won't work either.I don't think TA or the Ogrens will be around long if they are going down these routes.I don't know how good a business man Ogren is but don't think he is as stupid as some people seem to think he is.I know my spelling and grammer is crap and don' mind people having a wee joke about it but I am pig sick off you have digs at me about it If it is to hard for you to read or understand then don't read it and don't keep asing me to put up posts then try to ridicule me about them would you do that to my face.

Although i don't always agree with you mate i can assure you that your posts are easily understood.I did reply to your meeting post earlier Brian but i deleted later on the edit as i think i went too far with what i put up.
Not against you mate but there was maybe too much info i should not be posting,apologies though.

Arabdownsouth
27-05-2021, 07:54 PM
Asghar has been disliked by many long before this, what real difference will it make to him do you think? Cant really see him thinking "oh wait, if I appoint Court then the fans will hate me even more"

For the record, I'm not saying that I think Court is the man, but who actually knows? Perhaps he could turn out to be a legend?

How often does an apparent saviour turn out to be hopeless ****? Who's to say all this fans backlash might not turn out to be regretted by many across the social media spectrum?

Just like with Micky, if he gets the job he'll get my backing 👍

AraBrian
27-05-2021, 08:12 PM
Although i don't always agree with you mate i can assure you that your posts are easily understood.I did reply to your meeting post earlier Brian but i deleted later on the edit as i think i went too far with what i put up.
Not against you mate but there was maybe too much info i should not be posting,apologies though.

Cheers GB I have always been crap at spelling and grammer but do best I can some folk have had a freindly joke about it and usually really does not bother me but a certain person has had dig after dig about it and it is doing my nut all he needs to do is ignore my posts I am quite happy to ignore his.Y eah can understand that there are things you can't say about stuff that might get other people in crap so understand you can't say who is telling you information about the meeting or maybe can't say to much without giving away to others who is saying what.

Arabdownsouth
27-05-2021, 08:22 PM
Cheers GB I have always been crap at spelling and grammer but do best I can some folk have had a freindly joke about it and usually really does not bother me but a certain person has had dig after dig about it and it is doing my nut all he needs to do is ignore my posts I am quite happy to ignore his.Y eah can understand that there are things you can't say about stuff that might get other people in crap so understand you can't say who is telling you information about the meeting or maybe can't say to much without giving away to others who is saying what.
I remember getting yellow carded for exactly that, and made sure to issue my apologies and not to repeat it. So my obvious question is, why has the poster in question not been dealt with?

Chick A Saw
27-05-2021, 08:34 PM

Im sorry you see me as having digs, but you say yourself that the way you write is crap, then get upset and maybe dont consider there may be other reasons for my difficulties. I generally dont read what you write because I find it hard to read for whatever reason, and if i pick out something i want to engage with you about, it will be a genuine question.

AraBrian
27-05-2021, 08:35 PM
I remember getting yellow carded for exactly that, and made sure to issue my apologies and not to repeat it. So my obvious question is, why has the poster in question not been dealt with?

You had a go at my spelling or grammer once and apologised but I was not offended in the least mate but don't think it was that you got the ban for to be honest and don't want the other guy to get any ban just want to let him know I am getting sick of it.

AraBrian
27-05-2021, 08:37 PM
Im sorry you see me as having digs, but you say yourself that the way you write is crap, then get upset and maybe dont consider there may be other reasons for my difficulties. I generally dont read what you write because I find it hard to read for whatever reason, and if i pick out something i want to engage with you about, it will be a genuine question.

Do me a favour and just don't put you'rself through the ordeal of reading my posts and don't engage with me and we should both get on just fine.

GUNBOAT
27-05-2021, 08:47 PM
Do me a favour and just don't put you'rself through the ordeal of reading my posts and don't engage with me and we should both get on just fine.

It was a zoom meeting mate but not sure how many were on it.

AraBrian
27-05-2021, 09:08 PM
It was a zoom meeting mate but not sure how many were on it.

Guessing it was just high up people in the club and if one of these thinks things are getting run worse now than they were under ST then think we really must have problems and probably a lot away to come out I tend not to get to excited about things till they are definitly true that is why I have took a lot of this with a pinch of salt but I don't think anyone on here is making up sh.. or trying to stir trouble but do think it would suit other utd supporters agendas to cause bad feelings with the fans and TA but things like the guy telling you things are worse at the club than they were under ST is definitly scary and does not bod well.Hopefully the foundation will get a meeting and let us know the truth about what is going on.

Arabdownsouth
27-05-2021, 09:29 PM
You had a go at my spelling or grammer once and apologised but I was not offended in the least mate but don't think it was that you got the ban for to be honest and don't want the other guy to get any ban just want to let him know I am getting sick of it.
No worries mate, yeah I got a yellow card for that one, my red card was for derailing threads or some suchlike offence. Unmerited in my opinion but we'll not bother going there 😂😉

Jim_Jam
27-05-2021, 10:22 PM
No - I don't want our manager in a Sporting Directors pocket and I don't want a manager with zero experience .

Jim_Jam
27-05-2021, 10:56 PM
I think Mellon accepted the notion of promoting the academy graduates but wanted to temper that with experience.

Look what happened in the last two games when he threw the young guys in.

I think it is clear that Micky Mellon wanted to bring in his own selected players (guessing) but and was told "no, use the young academy boys"

The rumours coming out of Hearts was that Neilson was unhappy with the Sporting Director/Manager relationship.

Can see the pattern, any decent manager like Neilson and Mellon leaving after a year because a non-footballing Sporting Director is controlling what they want to do. Tony Ashgar calling the shots.

Tony Ashgar is now putting in charge a yes man with no experience.

A big gamble totally different being a good coach and being a manager.

I am worried this means we won’t fix the squad and just hope young guys will be able to step up.

It is a big gamble and concern. Will it create an exciting team that sweeps all before it. The worry is that they reach their sell by date and disappear before their potential is reached at Tannadice.

I think the plan is to keep producing potentially talented players. Selling them and producing lots of money. Lots of money to be made for our owners.

tHeArAb
28-05-2021, 04:00 AM
Asghar has been disliked by many long before this, what real difference will it make to him do you think? Cant really see him thinking "oh wait, if I appoint Court then the fans will hate me even more"

For the record, I'm not saying that I think Court is the man, but who actually knows? Perhaps he could turn out to be a legend?

How often does an apparent saviour turn out to be hopeless ****? Who's to say all this fans backlash might not turn out to be regretted by many across the social media spectrum?

Just like with Micky, if he gets the job he'll get my backing 👍

The difference is that its a revolt which is potentially harming to the club and I'd imagine, his position if the owner was to actually wake up & smell the coffee. It's not just a dislike because he's a Hun, ex polis, whatever. I doubt he's had hundreds of email/letters of disgust because of his previous employment. This is far bigger than any Malky Mackay revolt and he made complete u-turn on that one. If has any sense he'll do the same here.

tHeArAb
28-05-2021, 04:09 AM

Your yellow was for far worse than saying Brians posts were 'hard to read'. You were quite derogatory and bang out of order if I remember correctly.

For the record, I haven't seen any 'dig after dig'. If anything Brian is far too overreactive towards Chick (and others at times) and has been for some time. If we feel action needs to be taken at any point with anyone, not just these two, we'll take it. We don't need posters in our face asking us why we aren't acting on certain things. We don't just sit here ignoring what goes on.

Arabdownsouth
28-05-2021, 04:35 AM
Your yellow was for far worse than saying Brians posts were 'hard to read'. You were quite derogatory and bang out of order if I remember correctly.

For the record, I haven't seen any 'dig after dig'. If anything Brian is far too overreactive towards Chick (and others at times) and has been for some time. If we feel action needs to be taken at any point with anyone, not just these two, we'll take it. We don't need posters in our face asking us why we aren't acting on certain things. We don't just sit here ignoring what goes on.

I think you just don't like me very tbh, but it's cool 👍 anyway to the matter in hand, it's neither yes nor no from me, based simply on me having no idea whether he could be a complete masterstroke or a complete dud. How many tried and tested former managers were actually successful for us in the past though?

GUNBOAT
28-05-2021, 04:55 AM
The difference is that its a revolt which is potentially harming to the club and I'd imagine, his position if the owner was to actually wake up & smell the coffee. It's not just a dislike because he's a Hun, ex polis, whatever. I doubt he's had hundreds of email/letters of disgust because of his previous employment. This is far bigger than any Malky Mackay revolt and he made complete u-turn on that one. If has any sense he'll do the same here.

I'm really no sure about this hatred for Big Tony,he very rarely got a mention on here and when he did it was normally fairly positive.I am sure there was a thread on him before and i do not recall it being dripping with hate.
At the time Neilson left it was him and The Bride that took the flak very few if any blamed The Big Man,a couple may have mentioned that the manager did not like working under the Sporting Director but that was about it.
Its only since the story broke about him wanting his son promoted to the first team dugout that concern rather than hate was raised on this board.
Almost the whole United support on social media have now went into meltdown but that's not because he was a policeman and is a hun,its because they are worried for the very existence of their football club and before that returning to Alloa and Arbroath.

GUNBOAT
28-05-2021, 05:18 AM
I think you just don't like me very tbh, but it's cool �� anyway to the matter in hand, it's neither yes nor no from me, based simply on me having no idea whether he could be a complete masterstroke or a complete dud. How many tried and tested former managers were actually successful for us in the past though?

How many clubs on appointing a new manager go for one of their own youth coaches who is not even qualified to set foot on the training pitch with the 1st team squad?.

JamesMcClean
28-05-2021, 05:58 AM
I think most supporters have no issue with the youth policy programme going ahead as it is planned. I totally agree with the policy of that if we can’t afford £3m players then let’s make our own. Money has been poured in to the set up to get us up to the SFA ‘elite’ level (or whatever it’s called) ; an investment that may not be completely obvious on the face of it in terms of profile. Only when the fruits of it’s labour start to surface will the benefits of this investment come to pass. So in defence of the owners, they have absolutely no question invested heavily in Dundee United. An investment that without which lord only knows where we’d currently be had the Snake still been incumbent.

As with any business, you make investments to get a return. I have no quibble with that. If the owners turn Dundee United into a profitable venture then we should all be happy with that. I seem to remember Fergus McCann getting absolute pelters from ‘The Greatest Supporters In The World’ for doing just that and yet being accused of not being ‘Celtic-minded’ (whatever the phuck that means) but now he gets the rose petal treatment as the idiots finally recognise that without him there would be now no Glasgow Celtic. So if that is the owner’s plans then I’m cool with that.

What I’m not cool with though is the current methods being employed to achieve these goals. Yes we have a strong group of youngsters coming through but in no way are they ready to carry the full weight of the first team. There has to be a transition as more experienced professionals help the new crop find their feet and develop and ‘protect’ them. Back in the day the likes of Wattie Smith, George Fleming, Archie Knox, Frankie Kopel etc did just that with Luggy, Narey etc. Once the ‘new lot’ then get established enough you can think of selling one or two so another couple can then come in to replace them and ensure a smooth transition. Do things too quickly and you end up chucking guys to the wolves (like Scott Fraser), they under develop and they make you phuck all money.

The building blocks are now there to progress moving forward but the concrete in the foundations are still setting and it is too early for this mental appointment. What we desperately need right now is an experienced hand to continue to stabilise things before the main ideas start then to begin to bear fruit which will hopefully really start to show in the next couple of years. Do this and maybe the Ogren’s plans will work out. To quote Yoda ‘Do it not and if Courts you bring then royally phucked we are’.

Don’t do this Tony. Please.

tHeArAb
28-05-2021, 05:59 AM
I think you just don't like me very tbh, but it's cool 👍 anyway to the matter in hand, it's neither yes nor no from me, based simply on me having no idea whether he could be a complete masterstroke or a complete dud. How many tried and tested former managers were actually successful for us in the past though?

I didn't give you the yellow (or red) card, in fact I had nothing to do with either, so I'm not sure what 'me not liking you' has to do with this. If the Mods' roles are questioned on here then I'm going to reply, be it you or anyone else.

A. J
28-05-2021, 06:03 AM
No full stop
I don't care if he's the next Pep or the next Pap

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/tam-courts-huge-dundee-united-24184647.amp&ved=2ahUKEwitifO02OvwAhWIHhQKHQpeAvIQFjANegQIEhAC&usg=AOvVaw0g5BAsj48uLJhQv_l3YrY6&ampcf=1

Shades of the the big man, ffs not even 6 months dead yet and the Courts come out with this
Not fit to lick the shyt off the statue

tHeArAb
28-05-2021, 06:10 AM
I'm really no sure about this hatred for Big Tony,he very rarely got a mention on here and when he did it was normally fairly positive.I am sure there was a thread on him before and i do not recall it being dripping with hate.
At the time Neilson left it was him and The Bride that took the flak very few if any blamed The Big Man,a couple may have mentioned that the manager did not like working under the Sporting Director but that was about it.
Its only since the story broke about him wanting his son promoted to the first team dugout that concern rather than hate was raised on this board.
Almost the whole United support on social media have now went into meltdown but that's not because he was a policeman and is a hun,its because they are worried for the very existence of their football club and before that returning to Alloa and Arbroath.

Nah, its more a few wido comments than anything else. Some people are naturally cagey about polis/ex polis. Add to that he's a Hun, it not exactly a great couple of attributes. 😂

AraBrian
28-05-2021, 06:36 AM

See you are having a go at me for being over reactive towards chick and others? Who are these others ?I don't kiss you and others arses so guessing that makes me the bad cu.. in you'r eyes.I react if people are abusive to me and only person apart from you'rself that I have any sort of problem with is chick because he keeps asking me to answer his posts over and over so we get into silly arguements that go round and round in circles then have him starting with his insults about not being able to understand my posts and I dont need his crap.I did tell one guy to shut his p..s after he had said it to me but would not call that over reacting.I have my opinions and they are usually the opposite of you'rs so guessing that is why you are having a go at me.

tHeArAb
28-05-2021, 07:04 AM
See you are having a go at me for being over reactive towards chick and others? Who are these others ?I don't kiss you and others arses so guessing that makes me the bad cu.. in you'r eyes.I react if people are abusive to me and only person apart from you'rself that I have any sort of problem with is chick because he keeps asking me to answer his posts over and over so we get into silly arguements that go round and round in circles then have him starting with his insults about not being able to understand my posts and I dont need his crap.I did tell one guy to shut his p..s after he had said it to me but would not call that over reacting.I have my opinions and they are usually the opposite of you'rs so guessing that is why you are having a go at me.

I'm not 'having a go at you'.

Arse kissing? I don't see any of that going on. I must've missed something.

You do get into silly arguments with Chick. You keep asking him not to reply and to not talk to you but you always reply to his posts. If you don't want to speak to each other, don't speak to each other. It works both ways.

Yes, you told one guy to shut his puss, you've told Chick to piss off and now I'm 'having a go at you because you don't kiss my arse'. 😂 No one else on here reacts like that.

JamesMcClean
28-05-2021, 07:09 AM
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/tam-courts-huge-dundee-united-24184647.amp&ved=2ahUKEwitifO02OvwAhWIHhQKHQpeAvIQFjANegQIEhAC&usg=AOvVaw0g5BAsj48uLJhQv_l3YrY6&cf=1

https://i.postimg.cc/x8F56Rdx/5-B57867-E-1612-44-CB-AF94-0-B46-D908-C505.jpg (https://postimages.org/)

AraBrian
28-05-2021, 07:39 AM
I'm not 'having a go at you'.

Arse kissing? I don't see any of that going on. I must've missed something.

You do get into silly arguments with Chick. You keep asking him not to reply and to not talk to you but you always reply to his posts. If you don't want to speak to each other, don't speak to each other. It works both ways.

Yes, you told one guy to shut his puss, you've told Chick to piss off and now I'm 'having a go at you because you don't kiss my arse'. �� No one else on here reacts like that.

The guy I told to shut his p..s was because he told me to shut mine so he does act like that.I don't seem to get along with you so thats fine also but still think you are having a go at me for no reason.I dont always reply to his posts I ignore his post I only reply to his posts when they are directed at me.He made his big leaving speach why he was not going to post on the vaccine thread again because I was being allowed to post on it with my hard to read drivel.Then he comes on this thread and starts trying to engage with me.In my opinion looking for his usual argument in his words because he genuinely wants to know my opinion on this subject.In his second post he starts on about it taking him 5 to 10 minutes to work out what my post is saying(IT WAS PRETTY STRAIGHT FORWARD AND THINK ANY IDIOT COULD UNDERSTAND IT WHEATHER THEY AGREE WITH IT THATS DIFFERENT)In his third post he says he does not generally read what I write because he finds it hard to read .So why does he keep trying to engage with me.I did not want you or anyone else getting involved in our problems we are both big boys and can sort out our problems or just keep away from each other.If you think I am acting out of order on you'r forum or bothering people ban me

BackRowArab
28-05-2021, 07:48 AM
What's this mornings current situation then?

Was just on SkyBet and noticed that Jim McInally is up there. Hadn't really thought about him, but has a pretty decent record at Peterhead. Maybe worth a shout?

AraBrian
28-05-2021, 08:03 AM

Was just on SkyBet and noticed that Jim McInally is up there. Hadn't really thought about him, but has a pretty decent record at Peterhead. Maybe worth a shout?

Think most people are going to be happy with anyone with a bit of managerial experience now.

GUNBOAT
28-05-2021, 08:04 AM
[QUOTE=BackRowArab;39789515]What's this mornings current situation then?

Well ADS started early and got the first kick in,

tHeArAb replied telling him he never gave him a yellow or a red but he made the big mistake of bringing up Brian in his post.

Brian got oot the wrang side O the bed and waded into tHeArAb.

tHeArAb refuted those allegations but did mention Chick and silly arguments.

Brian fired off a reply and defended his shut your puss post and said ban me if you want.

Just a normal morning on UtdMad really mate.

GUNBOAT
28-05-2021, 08:08 AM
Oh eh and Tam's wee brother thinks he's the next Jim McLean.

A J on the other hand doesna think Tam is fit to lick the shyte aff Jim's statue.

BackRowArab
28-05-2021, 08:10 AM
Oh eh and Tam's wee brother thinks he's the next Jim McLean.

He is always in the Tele, think his first name is Round The

GUNBOAT
28-05-2021, 08:18 AM
He is always in the Tele, think his first name is Round The

No its CONrad apparently.

He says that Tam ticks every box.

AraBrian
28-05-2021, 08:19 AM
[quote=backrowarab;39789515]what's this mornings current situation then?

Well ads started early and got the first kick in,

thearab replied telling him he never gave him a yellow or a red but he made the big mistake of bringing up brian in his post.

Brian got oot the wrang side o the bed and waded into thearab.

Thearab refuted those allegations but did mention chick and silly arguments.

Brian fired off a reply and defended his shut your puss post and said ban me if you want.

Just a normal morning on utdmad really mate.

hahaha!!!!

tHeArAb
28-05-2021, 08:20 AM
The guy I told to shut his p..s was because he told me to shut mine so he does act like that.I don't seem to get along with you so thats fine also but still think you are having a go at me for no reason.I dont always reply to his posts I ignore his post I only reply to his posts when they are directed at me.He made his big leaving speach why he was not going to post on the vaccine thread again because I was being allowed to post on it with my hard to read drivel.Then he comes on this thread and starts trying to engage with me.In my opinion looking for his usual argument in his words because he genuinely wants to know my opinion on this subject.In his second post he starts on about it taking him 5 to 10 minutes to work out what my post is saying(IT WAS PRETTY STRAIGHT FORWARD AND THINK ANY IDIOT COULD UNDERSTAND IT WHEATHER THEY AGREE WITH IT THATS DIFFERENT)In his third post he says he does not generally read what I write because he finds it hard to read .So why does he keep trying to engage with me.I did not want you or anyone else getting involved in our problems we are both big boys and can sort out our problems or just keep away from each other.If you think I am acting out of order on you'r forum or bothering people ban me

I wasn't aware we didn't get on but fair doo's. 😂

I'd suggest you & Chick put each other on ignore, that way you won't see each others posts. 👍🏼

tHeArAb
28-05-2021, 08:20 AM

thearab replied telling him he never gave him a yellow or a red but he made the big mistake of bringing up brian in his post.

😂😂😂😂😂😂

JUSTaway
28-05-2021, 08:44 AM
Nah, its more a few wido comments than anything else. Some people are naturally cagey about polis/ex polis. Add to that he's a Hun, it not exactly a great couple of attributes. 😂

This messageboard hasn't been too bad towards TA, but there is definitely an element of the United support that have had it in for him from day one for the following reasons - 1 he is deemed to be a fat hun, 2 the scientifically proven reason - 'I don't know there's just something about that man I just don't trust' 3 He doesn't have a 'football background'.

On the last point, personally I'm glad the club is trying to think outside the box with it's football appointments and youth system. god knows Scottish football has been a job for the boys for too long, from the usual managerial suspects to the cliched list of commentators inflicted upon us.

Although I don't think this is the right time for us to be gambling on an appointment like this due to our youngsters possibly not being ready and first team definitely not being good enough, I am slightly uncomfortable with us mocking the guy for his background and dismissing it out of hand - after all, the same argument many of us are using could be turned against most of us, i.e what do we know about what we are talking about? We haven't even been involved at his level.

The Utd board really needs to be communicating/explaining themselves better on this one however, it would hopefully put peoples minds at rest. The Orgrens have made it clear from day one that they want to make money out of this, but that the only way they will do it is by being successful.

AraBrian
28-05-2021, 09:00 AM
This messageboard hasn't been too bad towards TA, but there is definitely an element of the United support that have had it in for him from day one for the following reasons - 1 he is deemed to be a fat hun, 2 the scientifically proven reason - 'I don't know there's just something about that man I just don't trust' 3 He doesn't have a 'football background'.

On the last point, personally I'm glad the club is trying to think outside the box with it's football appointments and youth system. god knows Scottish football has been a job for the boys for too long, from the usual managerial suspects to the cliched list of commentators inflicted upon us.

Although I don't think this is the right time for us to be gambling on an appointment like this due to our youngsters possibly not being ready and first team definitely not being good enough, I am slightly uncomfortable with us mocking the guy for his background and dismissing it out of hand - after all, the same argument many of us are using could be turned against most of us, i.e what do we know about what we are talking about? We haven't even been involved at his level.

The Utd board really needs to be communicating/explaining themselves better on this one however, it would hopefully put peoples minds at rest. The Orgrens have made it clear from day one that they want to make money out of this, but that the only way they will do it is by being successful.

My take on the ogrens wanting to make money from the club.Was they wanted to build the club up to where we once were start making money from cup runs europe player sales more or better sponsorship etc getting his loans etc back then selling utd on for a profit once they are doing better.Others seem to think he just wants to sell all our decent players pocket all the money and become richer not sure which one is his business plan.

Skolcorner
28-05-2021, 09:10 AM
Hands on hearts guys. How much of the angst on here is down to the fact that we are worried that the Fun might do better than us in the coming season? I am.

BackRowArab
28-05-2021, 09:12 AM
Hands on hearts guys. How much of the angst on here is down to the fact that we are worried that the Fun might do better than us in the coming season? I am.

Not in the slightest

tHeArAb
28-05-2021, 09:13 AM

Behave.

Chick A Saw
28-05-2021, 09:18 AM

It all down to having had a manager who got us promoted then left at the first opportunity, then not even a year on we have another manager who has left at the first opportunity with similar rumours attached.

Dave63
28-05-2021, 09:44 AM
Not at worried about them . Go on the Fun forum they getting carried away with the players they have after wanting some them out team before they started winning run including fat boy charlie

BackRowArab
28-05-2021, 09:45 AM
Did McPake also not say the other day that he wasn't looking to strengthen and would be giving the current squad an opportunity?

GUNBOAT
28-05-2021, 09:52 AM

I am worried that we are heading for relegation full steam ahead then oblivion.This is my first post since Monday i have even thought about DFC and its only because you have brought them up.
We have got much bigger fish to fry at the moment,in my opinion the enemy is within not across the road although i would imagine there is a double celebration going on over there and every single one of them will be deelighted if Tam is appointed,FACT.

BudMill90
28-05-2021, 09:53 AM
That current Dundee squad might do OK. I'm fairly confident our current squad is ahead of them in terms of overall quality. Not by miles, but enough. At the end of the day its down to how we are set up. We definitely need 2 or 3 signings at the level of Edwards and Fuchs. If we get that and dont lose anyone then (for me) we are top 6 next season.

offshore_arab83
28-05-2021, 09:53 AM

well sir, we now have a Dundee United Employee, Ryan Fraser on Twitter publicly calling all united supporters 'clowns' for wanting McInnes rather than their Tam.

I hope to f uck he gets his jotters as its us 'clowns' paying the wages

petermackie
28-05-2021, 09:54 AM
I am worried that we are heading for relegation full steam ahead then oblivion.This is my first post since Monday i have even thought about DFC and its only because you have brought them up.
We have got much bigger fish to fry at the moment,in my opinion the enemy is within not across the road although i would imagine there is a double celebration going on over there and every single one of them will be deelighted if Tam is appointed,FACT.

Why would you think that💰😄💰

offshore_arab83
28-05-2021, 09:54 AM

RT

BackRowArab
28-05-2021, 09:56 AM
well sir, we now have a Dundee United Employee, Ryan Fraser on Twitter publicly calling all united supporters 'clowns' for wanting McInnes rather than their Tam.

The Newcastle winger? That's a heck of a signing! :D

offshore_arab83
28-05-2021, 09:56 AM

Never once crossed my mind mate, i've never thought about the mighty dee in any of this saga

tHeArAb
28-05-2021, 10:05 AM

I'll do the deed, shall I?

tHeArAb
28-05-2021, 10:06 AM

BackRowArab
28-05-2021, 10:10 AM
If people are genuinely getting offended by that, they need to step back and have a ****

GUNBOAT
28-05-2021, 10:25 AM
If people are genuinely getting offended by that, they need to step back and have a ****

Told by the club to get it down as he was getting slaughtered by the fans.His Twitter is now private apparently.

offshore_arab83
28-05-2021, 10:27 AM

i dont like an employee of the club calling us clowns no

offshore_arab83
28-05-2021, 10:28 AM
Courts to be unveiled today

f ucking disgrace Utd

BackRowArab
28-05-2021, 10:31 AM

f ucking disgrace Utd

Confirmed?

Jim_Jam
28-05-2021, 10:31 AM
To quote Yoda ‘Do it not and if Courts you bring then royally phucked we are’.

Don’t do this Tony. Please.

This ^^^^^^^

will remember this quote for future

offshore_arab83
28-05-2021, 10:32 AM
Confirmed?

'to be unveiled today'

so no, not confirmed, yet...

BackRowArab
28-05-2021, 10:33 AM
'to be unveiled today'

so no, not confirmed, yet...

Sun, or somewhere reputable?

offshore_arab83
28-05-2021, 10:35 AM
A good source, so see what happens. For once i hope to f uck he's wrong...

Also told Asghar will NOT be assistant

BackRowArab
28-05-2021, 10:37 AM
A good source, so see what happens. For once i hope to f uck he's wrong...

Also told Asghar will NOT be assistant

But will he be on the first team coaching staff?

deebuster
28-05-2021, 10:39 AM
Id heard from somebody I trust that it could be the return of Gordon Forrest as assistant.

ARAbCHNID
28-05-2021, 10:41 AM
Gordon Forrest is good, I really liked him, got something about him. Is he not at Hearts tho?£?

BackRowArab
28-05-2021, 10:42 AM
Gordon Forrest is good, I really liked him, got something about him. Is he not at Hearts tho?£?

He is going to do a season with us, then a season with Hearts, just go back and forth every year :D

offshore_arab83
28-05-2021, 10:44 AM
But will he be on the first team coaching staff?

dunno mate...

i think he wont to try 'appease' the support, but thats not the main issue for the support its the cheap and incredibly risky appointment

BackRowArab
28-05-2021, 10:46 AM
dunno mate...

i think he wont to try 'appease' the support, but thats not the main issue for the support its the cheap and incredibly risky appointment

Do we know if this is a Tony appointment or an Ogren appointment. Did MO give Tony full scope to hire who he wanted?

(I know you won't have all the answers, I'm just curious and putting the questions out there)

tHeArAb
28-05-2021, 10:50 AM
Id heard from somebody I trust that it could be the return of Gordon Forrest as assistant.
That was reported in The Sun a couple of days ago.

offshore_arab83
28-05-2021, 10:55 AM
Do we know if this is a Tony appointment or an Ogren appointment. Did MO give Tony full scope to hire who he wanted?

(I know you won't have all the answers, I'm just curious and putting the questions out there)

I heard that MO has approved the decision based on a vote the other night but its a TA appointment, there was some resistance from other voters but the majority won and its decided

BackRowArab
28-05-2021, 10:57 AM
Tony, Scott and Mark in agreement, Jimmy and Big Dave against?

GUNBOAT
28-05-2021, 11:03 AM
Tony, Scott and Mark in agreement, Jimmy and Big Dave against?

I have been told a director has fallen out with The Big Man and is threatening to quit.

BackRowArab
28-05-2021, 11:08 AM
I have been told a director has fallen out with The Big Man and is threatening to quit.

Could be a big day at Tannadice then when Courts gets appointed and a director resigns. Cat pigeon amongst.

deebuster
28-05-2021, 11:11 AM
That was reported in The Sun a couple of days ago. sorry mate don't read the Sun. :)

Peter Grant at the Pars means Yogi still available :)

GUNBOAT
28-05-2021, 11:21 AM
Could be a big day at Tannadice then when Courts gets appointed and a director resigns. Cat pigeon amongst.

This never happened today i just never put it up before.The director thinks Tony is wrecking the club.

Retired Arab
28-05-2021, 11:34 AM
This never happened today i just never put it up before.The director thinks Tony is wrecking the club.

Tam Courts doesn’t deserve the venom expressed on social media.

Problem is the Sporting Director. He has zero experience of running a professional football club making huge decisions. He also crucially has a disproportionate amount of power in the decision making process.

Time for the Ogren’s and other shareholders to scrutinise him.

GUNBOAT
28-05-2021, 11:41 AM
Tam Courts doesn’t deserve the venom expressed on social media.

Problem is the Sporting Director. He has zero experience of running a professional football club making huge decisions. He also crucially has a disproportionate amount of power in the decision making process.

Time for the Ogren’s and other shareholders to scrutinise him.

I agree with what you are saying about Tam no doubt about it.He should not be our manager but he is not appointing himself.

offshore_arab83
28-05-2021, 11:44 AM
Tam Courts doesn’t deserve the venom expressed on social media..
M, I’m yet to see anything bad about Tam on any platform yet

He’s not the issue as a person, it’s the position that’s the issue

Don’t have anything bad to say about him except IMO he’s not the answer for us due to severe lack of experience

GUNBOAT
28-05-2021, 11:47 AM

f ucking disgrace Utd

Now this is rumours only not FACT but Tony is lining up some sweeteners apparently to soften the blow.I have heard a player extending his contract and two cup winners coming onto the coaching staff.

offshore_arab83
28-05-2021, 12:02 PM
Now this is rumours only not FACT but Tony is lining up some sweeteners apparently to soften the blow.I have heard a player extending his contract and two cup winners coming onto the coaching staff.

so far i've heard Lee Wallace, WTF, and of course Daly and Dillon

no heard anything about any contract extensions, is that Shanks?

JUSTaway
28-05-2021, 12:03 PM

Sweetener unless its Connolly extending his contract again. Appointing ex Utd guys might help Courts carry a bit more authority, bridge a gap, might not be a bad move, provided they can bring something to the party, although generally I don't really give a cr*p about employing ex Utd guys, I just want the best qualified. If they are going to appoint Courts, they really need to get the recruitment into the club this summer that we never got last summer, we are crying out for quality additions.

GUNBOAT
28-05-2021, 12:06 PM
so far i've heard Lee Wallace, WTF, and of course Daly and Dillon

no heard anything about any contract extensions, is that Shanks?

The last 3 names is what i heard mate but i'm more dubious about all that compared to some other stuff put up.I can confirm that i have been told the same as you NOW regarding Tam's promotion.

offshore_arab83
28-05-2021, 12:10 PM
what i dont understand is, if Tams brother and mates are on social media arguing wi support surely Tam should be looking at this and going 'no f ucking way am i taking this position'

Daly likewise should also be looking online and going 'nah, no thanks'

This is utter f cuking chaos here, to shoehorn in the cheap option which is also being labeled a yes man, Tams on a hiding to nothing from the get go.

I love big Jon, i really do, great guy and a club legend and i hope he tells them to f uck off and not get involved in what is the worst managerial back lash in the clubs history

JUSTaway
28-05-2021, 12:15 PM
The last 3 names is what i heard mate but i'm more dubious about all that compared to some other stuff put up.I can confirm that i have been told the same as you NOW regarding Tam's promotion.

I've heard it's Sean Dillon and Ally Heather.

What has Lee Wallace got to do with anything? Daly seems to carry a bit of authority, but never struck me as most inspiring listening to him. Dillo seems a nice guy, and would be able to work on the young academy defenders and teach them to kick clearances off their own faces. John Rankin might be someone worth considering.

offshore_arab83
28-05-2021, 12:16 PM
f uck all these names, get McInnes in ffs

I want to see us competing for tap 6 and euro trips no relegation and play offs wi f ucking arbroath

BackRowArab
28-05-2021, 12:27 PM
Lee Wallace just signed a new contract with QPR two weeks ago. Are we having to pay a transfer fee along with big wages for a 34 year old?

I thought TA was wanting the team filled with youngsters?

stokearab
28-05-2021, 12:50 PM
f uck all these names, get McInnes in ffs

I want to see us competing for tap 6 and euro trips no relegation and play offs wi f ucking arbroath

This. Exactly this.
Keep that comedian Dillon well away. He sums up everything soft about our club.

Get a proper manager, weve got 27 coaches and f ucking kids mentors, wtf is going wrong here

stokearab
28-05-2021, 01:06 PM
If the names of Daly Dillon etc are definitely getting discussed in the boardroom then it's evident that they're getting mentioned on the basis of "how do we sweeten the fans to Tam by adding assistants that ARE popular with the support"

We just extended contracts of players (who imo should have been let go) because they're going to have a "mentoring role"

Daly is unproven, Dillon is a comedian all round nice bloke who is desperate to be involved but isn't a winner in my book.

I want winners in charge, not nice people because they'll fit in.

We don't need mentors and 3 assistants to the Head Coach. We're not fcking Bayern f ucking Munich. We're Dundee United and all we need is a good experienced coach who agrees to accept the club youth policy and play as many of these youths when they're ready and not a day before.

ARAbCHNID
28-05-2021, 01:24 PM
I wish Mellon had stayed.
I've never read so much pish.

BackRowArab
28-05-2021, 02:29 PM

f ucking disgrace Utd

Any updates on this?

offshore_arab83
28-05-2021, 02:45 PM
Any updates on this?

nowt mate, everything crossed that its pish

BackRowArab
28-05-2021, 02:46 PM
Could be worse, we could be Celtic. Eddie Howe has just told them to piss off after 3 months of waiting on him

stokearab
28-05-2021, 02:53 PM

Well I for one am offended by it and I've emailed the club to ask for his dismissal. Call me a snowflake dear.

An employee of the club mocking fans who have done so much to support the club during these difficult times is unacceptable and should have consequences.

tHeArAb
28-05-2021, 02:59 PM
Well I for one am offended by it and I've emailed the club to ask for his dismissal. Call me a snowflake dear.

An employee of the club mocking fans who have done so much to support the club during these difficult times is unacceptable and should have consequences.

Absolutely!!! Wee pr!ck.

tHeArAb
28-05-2021, 02:59 PM
Could be worse, we could be Celtic. Eddie Howe has just told them to piss off after 3 months of waiting on him

That's f*cking hilarious! 😂😂

stokearab
28-05-2021, 03:08 PM

Brilliant. Now we know why Yogi left County in such a hurry!

stokearab
28-05-2021, 03:15 PM

Finally worked out that the cost of the security bill for his house and family was about half his salary.

BackRowArab
28-05-2021, 03:32 PM
Right guys, behave yourselves, I'm away for the weekend.

When I come back I expect Zidane to be our next manager!

ScotinUSA
28-05-2021, 03:33 PM
Funny how the Tranmere Fans poll shows they want him back...

Would you welcome him back as Rovers manager?
Yes
No
You must be logged in to vote.

67 Votes

Poll results
Response Votes Breakdown Percentage
Yes 44

65.67 %

No 23

34.33 %

tHeArAb
28-05-2021, 03:36 PM
Funny how the Tranmere Fans poll shows they want him back...

Would you welcome him back as Rovers manager?
Yes
No
You must be logged in to vote.

67 Votes

Poll results
Response Votes Breakdown Percentage
Yes 44

65.67 %

No 23

34.33 %

100% of our fans would take him back right now!!!

ScotinUSA
28-05-2021, 03:39 PM

Probably right, could be another case of the devil you know and you get what you wish for. Although did anyone really wish for what seems to lie ahead.

offshore_arab83
28-05-2021, 04:16 PM

nae danger ha ha ha

offshore_arab83
28-05-2021, 04:17 PM

ha ha true ha ha

GUNBOAT
28-05-2021, 04:24 PM

With open arms mate.I would make him manager/sporting director and throw in Adam's job as well,he can have the whole FN lot of them.

ScotinUSA
28-05-2021, 04:41 PM
No one has mentioned Frail and any role he may play.

tHeArAb
28-05-2021, 04:44 PM
No one has mentioned Frail and any role he may play.

I guess none of us know if he's even any good! One thing, if it is Courts we need an experienced guy next to him in the dugout. In these kind of situations you'd be expecting an experienced DOF as well but we have Tony so that ain't gonna be happening.

Shedboy1971
28-05-2021, 04:48 PM

nil they are immaterial to our success or failure

Shedboy1971
28-05-2021, 04:50 PM

Ive been on a drunken haze in london for a week. Who said what? and where?

GUNBOAT
28-05-2021, 04:52 PM

Have you not read my update on the boards early morning rammy?.

Orjan11
28-05-2021, 05:03 PM
Tam Court is a definite "no" from me, and that's nothing personal towards him . Other than Kelty, he has no experience of managing a club the size of United; he has not gained experience/worked his way up through the leagues like Hartley or Grant (I am not advocating them to be our manager). No doubt Tam is ambitious, but you would hate to see him being fired after six months because we are in relegation trouble
Also, I can not understand Mark Ogren wanting to take such a risk on his investment? A rookie manager? The club are endeavouring to recover from the pandemic, so surely the new manager must be an experienced one, an

GUNBOAT
28-05-2021, 05:26 PM
Tam Court is a definite "no" from me, and that's nothing personal towards him . Other than Kelty, he has no experience of managing a club the size of United; he has not gained experience/worked his way up through the leagues like Hartley or Grant (I am not advocating them to be our manager). No doubt Tam is ambitious, but you would hate to see him being fired after six months because we are in relegation trouble
Also, I can not understand Mark Ogren wanting to take such a risk on his investment? A rookie manager? The club are endeavouring to recover from the pandemic, so surely the new manager must be an experienced one, an

Yes but lets face it mate he knows SFA about football and is thousands of miles away.The Big Man could be telling him Tam's the messiah for all we know.
It has been said by many now that no one at United can contact the Ogren's unless they go through Tony and i believe that to be true.

A. J
28-05-2021, 05:43 PM
Just been texted Cameron Toshack been interviewed
Anyone know who the F this is?

shedka
28-05-2021, 05:45 PM
If the names of Daly Dillon etc are definitely getting discussed in the boardroom then it's evident that they're getting mentioned on the basis of "how do we sweeten the fans to Tam by adding assistants that ARE popular with the support"

We just extended contracts of players (who imo should have been let go) because they're going to have a "mentoring role"

Daly is unproven, Dillon is a comedian all round nice bloke who is desperate to be involved but isn't a winner in my book.

I want winners in charge, not nice people because they'll fit in.

We don't need mentors and 3 assistants to the Head Coach. We're not fcking Bayern f ucking Munich. We're Dundee United and all we need is a good experienced coach who agrees to accept the club youth policy and play as many of these youths when they're ready and not a day before.

Daly and Dillon are winners and both great players for it over a long period of time and were part of the reason things remained consistent, by all accounts both were great with the younger and new guys that would join under Houston by which time they were main stays

Have no problem seeing either guy back as part of a backroom team

GUNBOAT
28-05-2021, 05:53 PM

He is the son of John Toshack the Welsh internationalist and is currently 22/1 in the betting.He was sacked by a Cypriot club in 2020. That is the only club he has managed.

tHeArAb
28-05-2021, 05:59 PM
Yes but lets face it mate he knows SFA about football and is thousands of miles away.The Big Man could be telling him Tam's the messiah for all we know.
It has been said by many now that no one at United can contact the Ogren's unless they go through Tony and i believe that to be true.

Bingo.

BudMill90
28-05-2021, 06:01 PM
He is the son of John Toshack the Welsh internationalist and is currently 22/1 in the betting.He was sacked by a Cypriot club in 2020. That is the only club he has managed.

Toshack seems to have a fair bit about him from what I've read

Yeats 62
28-05-2021, 06:08 PM

Hmmmm...
I though you were confined to barracks and tagged :D

stokearab
28-05-2021, 06:47 PM
Daly and Dillon are winners and both great players for it over a long period of time and were part of the reason things remained consistent, by all accounts both were great with the younger and new guys that would join under Houston by which time they were main stays

Have no problem seeing either guy back as part of a backroom team

You might change my mind if you can give me one reason why either of them should be.
Big Jon was part of a team that failed at Hearts. Dillon has no management or coaching experience. He hangs around the club being a jester and sucking up to Asghar hoping for a better gig. He's one of these guys that has the patter and talks himself into jobs they're not capable of. I've seen plenty of them.

Why would we need him as part of the backroom staff when we've already got senior player mentors, players who should be away imo but already kept on to mentor kids.

Being nice to ex players because they're popular ex players isn't the way to win things.

Arabdownsouth
28-05-2021, 06:55 PM

I've got a fiver on him at 22-1, if anyone remembers I won £200 on Micky Mellon's appointment so could be an omen 😋🤞

BudMill90
28-05-2021, 07:10 PM
The Board of Dundee United is committed to our long term development and continuous improvement across all areas of the Club in line with the aims and targets set out when we were appointed.

Everyone has played their part in our progress to this point; From the staff, players and coaches who helped us achieve promotion to the Premiership to those that helped us consolidate our place last season during an extraordinary season, and of course, our supporters who continue to back us.

As we move forward, everyone involved must align with the performance and development strategy to ensure the best performance across the Club.

We have begun the process of selecting a new Head Coach to continue the significant development achieved under the guidance of the Executive Board and critical personnel already within the Club. You can rest assured that any appointment will be made after a careful recruitment process involving several exciting candidates has been finalised and the Board agree with the appointment.

While we fully understand the desire and demands of our supporters, partners and the wider external media outlets to find out who will be the next person to lead our first team, we will take our time and complete the selection process to ensure the best for Dundee United Football Club.

Our Club has a clear vision, and despite the complications of the pandemic, we remain on course with our strategy for future success. We also remain excited about the future.

We thank all our supporters, partners and other key stakeholders for their continued support during this process and appreciate your patience.

offshore_arab83
28-05-2021, 08:01 PM
So basically translated to ‘you can all shut yer pusses we make the decisions no you chunts’

This is oor plan so get it up yiz

🤢

BudMill90
28-05-2021, 08:08 PM
You might change my mind if you can give me one reason why either of them should be.
Big Jon was part of a team that failed at Hearts. Dillon has no management or coaching experience. He hangs around the club being a jester and sucking up to Asghar hoping for a better gig. He's one of these guys that has the patter and talks himself into jobs they're not capable of. I've seen plenty of them.

Why would we need him as part of the backroom staff when we've already got senior player mentors, players who should be away imo but already kept on to mentor kids.

Being nice to ex players because they're popular ex players isn't the way to win things.

Just as an FYI Dillon has been assistant manager at Montrose since he left United in 2017.

stokearab
28-05-2021, 08:25 PM
Just as an FYI Dillon has been assistant manager at Montrose since he left United in 2017.

That qualifies aye at least under our new criteria.

Shedboy1971
28-05-2021, 08:27 PM
Hmmmm...
I though you were confined to barracks and tagged :D

Yes but in london lol

GUNBOAT
29-05-2021, 07:31 AM
So basically translated to ‘you can all shut yer pusses we make the decisions no you chunts’

This is oor plan so get it up yiz

��

The sentence of interest is the one below.

"As we move forward EVERYONE involved MUST align with the performance and development strategy to ensure the best performance across the club."

ARAbCHNID
29-05-2021, 07:42 AM

"As we move forward EVERYONE involved MUST align with the performance and development strategy to ensure the best performance across the club."

Apart from having about 17 cliches the sentence is about as interesting as a bag of tatties.

cybershed
29-05-2021, 07:56 AM

Season Ticket holders will be required to swear an oath of allegiance to big Tone next.

tijuanataxi
29-05-2021, 08:00 AM
Season Ticket holders will be required to swear an oath of allegiance to big Tone next.

Cracker. 😂

Mr_Brightside
29-05-2021, 08:11 AM
I’m ****ting a brick at Tams appointment but at the same time I’ve got to go believe that there must be something about him if they’re willing to give him a go.

Nobody associated with a football club wants to see that football club fail, we’ve tried experienced managers that haven’t worked and St Johnstone won a double with a rookie last season!

I’d rather get a decent name in, but if Tam gets the job then we all have to get behind him!...until he losses 10 in a row then we can call for his head 🤡

utd4me
29-05-2021, 08:20 AM
I have voted No like the majority so far. BUT, if he is appointed first team coach, I will back him. I am of the opinion that most UTD supporters will be the same. Even if like me they voted No.

A. J
29-05-2021, 08:25 AM
This strategy gives me the fear and seems to suggest the club wants to simply develop players and after a few performances, sell on and repeat.

Confidence brings development and performance.
Results bring confidence
You need a manager/coach who is flexible enough to know who and when to bring in players to the 1st team to allow development.
You need a manager/coach who is streetwise and mentally tough enough to grind out results when going gets tough.
You need a core to the team to build on.

Selling our core and having a yes man will not help development or performance, but more importantly get results.

Message to MO & TA, Be transparent for once and do the right things,
This club is about the fans and results on the pitch, treat us with respect and stop this taking us for granted crap

arab1970
29-05-2021, 09:16 AM
Courts and 2 of the staff have had to delete their twitter accounts due to the abuse they have been getting from so called United fans online.
Disgusting behaviour

Jim_Jam
29-05-2021, 09:21 AM

I hope this "alignment with the performance and development strategy to ensure the best performance" works because the last thing I want to be saying is "I predicted that it was going to fail".

Yes me and 90% of the United support, plus I suspect Micky Mellon.

GUNBOAT
29-05-2021, 09:37 AM
Courts and 2 of the staff have had to delete their twitter accounts due to the abuse they have been getting from so called United fans online.
Disgusting behaviour

Would one of the staff who's account is now private not deleted be the guy who called the fans clowns?.

https://boards.footymad.net/showthread.php?t=38276635&page=13

AraBrian
29-05-2021, 09:50 AM
Would one of the staff who's account is now private not deleted be the guy who called the fans clowns?.

To be fair GB calling those fans that are giving courts etc abuse on line because he has applied for a promotion think clowns is pretty tame.

GUNBOAT
29-05-2021, 10:01 AM
To be fair GB calling those fans that are giving courts etc abuse on line because he has applied for a promotion think clowns is pretty tame.

No this young laddie is calling the fans clowns because they would prefer an experienced manager instead of Tam.BTW not for one minute am i condoning any abuse directed at any staff member on Twitter etc the only villain of the piece in my opinion is The Big Man.

AraBrian
29-05-2021, 10:38 AM
No this young laddie is calling the fans clowns because they would prefer an experienced manager instead of Tam.BTW not for one minute am i condoning any abuse directed at any staff member on Twitter etc the only villain of the piece in my opinion is The Big Man.

AH he is calling me a clown because I dont agree with him I have been called a lot worse to be fair and probably says more about him than us but he has his opinion based on what he knows of courts I and others have ours based on what we know not saying he is wrong backing courts but childish calling us clowns but not really upset about it not taking it personal.

Shedboy1971
29-05-2021, 11:47 AM
Twitter is full of this - Tam certainly doesnt deserve it but best if he ignores anything put on social media. As for the silly wee boy - if employed in anyway contractually even if its free he should be made to apologise and surely Tony must be telling everyone involved to encourage their mates and brothers to stop getting involved. However concerned I am i cant get that worked up about a stupid comment by a we boy who hasnt grown pubes yet.

Although as Brian above states why would they expect a fan base to want experience rather than the risk of inexperience. Regardless both could fail or win but its a logical thought process. Its down to the club to convince fans here.

every team has this btw dunfermline taking peter grant on is a classic - they aint too happy.

the way mckinnon got punted from QP with no comms really happens all the time.

If i were Tam id block out this for a while otherwise he will be off anyway.

when appt of any kind is made a strong statement is needed and hopefully we can support this. As for Tony I really dont know what he does if its good or not he got it right with mellon but alas he would fit into the system (wether we like it or not) the club have stated. Also i read Neilson didnt like Tony - thats not true.

Going to be interesting to see how this develops.

tHeArAb
29-05-2021, 12:12 PM
AH he is calling me a clown because I dont agree with him I have been called a lot worse to be fair and probably says more about him than us but he has his opinion based on what he knows of courts I and others have ours based on what we know not saying he is wrong backing courts but childish calling us clowns but not really upset about it not taking it personal.

The issue is we have a club employee calling the fans clowns. That in itself is of seriously bad taste. Back his man Courts all he wants but calling the fans, that's the people that ultimately pay his wages, clowns, nah that's no right.

Shedboy1971
29-05-2021, 12:21 PM
The issue is we have a club employee calling the fans clowns. That in itself is of seriously bad taste. Back his man Courts all he wants but calling the fans, that's the people that ultimately pay his wages, clowns, nah that's no right.

You are right he needs to at least apologise or be disciplined. I will accept its prob how folk use twitter but dont **** in your own bed.

AraBrian
29-05-2021, 12:22 PM

Kind of see where you are coming from but really to thick skinned for that to upset me.As I have said have been called a lot worse and called people a lot worse if I was to get upset by someone who I don't know or who does not know me calling me a clown along with thousands of others I would have to take a look at myself in the mirror.By all accounts he is just a young lad who got carried away and was not speaking for the club.I am just not offended he has called me a clown.

JUSTaway
29-05-2021, 12:38 PM
Yes quiet word in the ear required, nothing more, as fans we can be a bit precious at time.

duke_the_arab
29-05-2021, 01:06 PM
Disgusting behaviour

Exactly pretty pathetic that. It doesn't matter who we get in , the support will be devided whoever becomes our next manager.

GUNBOAT
29-05-2021, 01:19 PM
Exactly pretty pathetic that. It doesn't matter who we get in , the support will be devided whoever becomes our next manager.

It does matter because it is so FN obvious that if Tam gets the job The Big Man runs everything at Tannadice including every signing and every team sheet.
Why go to the bother of appointing a puppet,The Big Man should just tell us he is the new head coach,he will still be supported by some on here so he should just get on with it.

AraBrian
29-05-2021, 01:36 PM
It does matter because it is so FN obvious that if Tam gets the job The Big Man runs everything at Tannadice including every signing and every team sheet.
Why go to the bother of appointing a puppet,The Big Man should just tell us he is the new head coach,he will still be supported by some on here so he should just get on with it.

Don't think he is allowed to mate even if he wanted to.Think he would need his badges?Don't think he would pick his self for manager really even if he was allowed.don't think it is in his or anyone at the clubs interest to see the club struggling think they will appoint who they think is best for the job they can get.They might try to experement with courts or go for someone with more experience hopefully but am sure they won't go for TA know you were being tungue in cheek there and having a go at those who will go along with whoever is appointed but really it is their job to pick a manager who they think can do the job and hopefully one that will be about for a while to give us a bit of stability only they know what they have to pick from.

GUNBOAT
29-05-2021, 01:43 PM
Don't think he is allowed to mate even if he wanted to.Think he would need his badges?Don't think he would pick his self for manager really even if he was allowed.don't think it is in his or anyone at the clubs interest to see the club struggling think they will appoint who they think is best for the job they can get.They might try to experement with courts or go for someone with more experience hopefully but am sure they won't go for TA know you were being tungue in cheek there and having a go at those who will go along with whoever is appointed but really it is their job to pick a manager who they think can do the job and hopefully one that will be about for a while to give us a bit of stability only they know what they have to pick from.

Yes i am being tongue in cheek but we all know that if Tam gets the job we are under the control of The Big Man both on and off the field.

AraBrian
29-05-2021, 02:19 PM
Yes i am being tongue in cheek but we all know that if Tam gets the job we are under the control of The Big Man both on and off the field.

Yeah mate kind of sharing the fear on that but hoping the guy courts is made of better stuff and can hold his own and that utd are going to give him a go if they appoint him as I said I really don't think TA or directors are out to sabotage utd.Maybe this is more in hope but I don't know the guy courts know nothing apart from he was a junior manager done well is with our youth teams and is doing well.I don't know if he is a stand up guy who will fight his corner or a wee bitch who will just roll over to whoever wants to pick the team.Know it is a worry he is the second but I am hoping if he gets appointed he is the first one.Any manager coming in is a gamble as we have seen by the amount that have came in since wee jum but if is courts is probably the biggest gamble might fail and he won't last will be replaced by another but if succeeds then brilliant.I think I am looking on the bright side because going away for a few pints and am in a good mood.:)

offshore_arab83
29-05-2021, 04:06 PM
Disgusting behaviour

can you please share the abuse online as i think you're talking complete pish

Tam has not been abused at all

The analyst called the support clowns and was given, quite rightly, sh1te back

The other one im not sure who you're referring to, is that the KPI guy?

offshore_arab83
29-05-2021, 04:06 PM

i'm yet to see any evidence of this

offshore_arab83
29-05-2021, 04:08 PM
Why go to the bother of appointing a puppet,The Big Man should just tell us he is the new head coach,he will still be supported by some on here so he should just get on with it. true

TerryTheTerror
29-05-2021, 04:28 PM
I guess it comes down to what you want to believe with regard to TA's interference with team selections. We'd all love to know if this even happens and if it did I don't think anyone on here would condone it or say it was sensible.

duke_the_arab
29-05-2021, 05:01 PM

He probably does run most things at Tannadice including signings , is that no his job? I would draw a line on him picking the team though. If he's involved with then we are truly up a creek withoot a paddle

GUNBOAT
29-05-2021, 06:36 PM
He probably does run most things at Tannadice including signings , is that no his job? I would draw a line on him picking the team though. If he's involved with then we are truly up a creek withoot a paddle

Yes he does have control of every department of the club including signing's,a Sporting Director's power is normally tempered by those above him ie the chairman but in the case of Dundee United with our chairman on another continent The Big Man is all powerful without putting a thin dime into the club.
With Micky Mellon and his chosen assistant in the dugout we had people with massive football knowledge and managerial experience at the club who could defend their corner.
IF Tam was appointed and say Aston Villa contacted Tony to say they wanted to watch a particular player on Saturday i do think that player would play even if the head coach had no intention of playing him.This would never happen under Micky,The Big Man would know not to even ask.
That is where my main worry lies along with Tam being completely out of his depth at Premiership level,his post match interview after the defeat to Livingston was awful it was like listening to Cathro during his Hearts debacle.

tHeArAb
29-05-2021, 06:49 PM

Agree with this. Not for a minute do i think he has, or has any intention of, interfering on match days. The signings he should stay the f*ck away from. I mean, sourcing players the manager and the recruitment team have identified as areas of the team that need strengthened fair enough, but actually signing and handing out contracts (Harkes, Connolly & potentially Mulgrew) - no!!

AraBrian
30-05-2021, 07:14 AM
i'm yet to see any evidence of this

To be fair OA I have seen no evidence of it either.Don't know anything much about twitter and just took the fella on here's word for it when he said courts and others had to shut down accounts because of abuse.I f it's not true thats good the guy courts does not deserve any abuse just for applying for a job.The young guy that called us clowns getting it back well he asked for it if you call thousands of people clowns you have to expect some to get upset and others to react so he reaps what he sews.Don't know who the other guy you mention is the KPI guy or what he has done that you think he is getting the abuse for?

AraBrian
30-05-2021, 07:17 AM
Agree with this. Not for a minute do i think he has, or has any intention of, interfering on match days. The signings he should stay the f*ck away from. I mean, sourcing players the manager and the recruitment team have identified as areas of the team that need strengthened fair enough, but actually signing and handing out contracts (Harkes, Connolly & potentially Mulgrew) - no!!

Yeah agree 100% with this if the manager has to make the teams and take the crap if they fail he should be picking the players we sign like it used to be.Don't understand why teams now have people signing players and managers having to make a team out of other peoples signings.

TerryTheTerror
30-05-2021, 09:12 AM
Yeah agree 100% with this if the manager has to make the teams and take the crap if they fail he should be picking the players we sign like it used to be.Don't understand why teams now have people signing players and managers having to make a team out of other peoples signings.

It's done because the due diligence (looking at stats, footage, dealing with agents, et cetera) these days is a monumental effort and what you want your manager doing is coaching and preparing the first team.

offshore_arab83
30-05-2021, 09:14 AM
To be fair OA I have seen no evidence of it either.Don't know anything much about twitter and just took the fella on here's word for it when he said courts and others had to shut down accounts because of abuse.I f it's not true thats good the guy courts does not deserve any abuse just for applying for a job.The young guy that called us clowns getting it back well he asked for it if you call thousands of people clowns you have to expect some to get upset and others to react so he reaps what he sews.Don't know who the other guy you mention is the KPI guy or what he has done that you think he is getting the abuse for?

theres been nothing, Tam deleted his twitter account as news was breaking

theres been nothing aimed at him, all aimed at the appointment which is not his fault.

there was another analyst who was replying to fans regarding KPI's again, he wasn't abused, people just ripped the pish a wee bit.

Hardly disgusting behaviour...

tHeArAb
30-05-2021, 09:15 AM
I'm led to believe the manager still does have 'the final say' in signings - McNulty, Hoti, Fuchs etc. I'd love to know just how much pressure he's been on to make these particular signings though. I can't for a minute think MM thought Hoti was a good signing and ready to walk into the first team when we were crying out for an actual 'Premiership ready' midfield playmaker. As you say Brian, a manager should live and die by their sword, not someone else's.

tHeArAb
30-05-2021, 09:18 AM
It's done because the due diligence (looking at stats, footage, dealing with agents, et cetera) these days is a monumental effort and what you want your manager doing is coaching and preparing the first team.

Yet ironically our best signing last year was one the manager had done the due diligence on - Edwards.

GUNBOAT
30-05-2021, 09:24 AM

Yes but in the perfect set up the manager goes to the sporting director with a list of the players he wants with a 1st,2nd and 3rd choice.What we don't need is someone with very little managerial knowledge ie The Big Man just signing players he thinks we can profit from in the future.
Still no reply from the club to any of the messages i have sent them,they are normally on the ball with their replies but i reckon Tony has ordered them to ignore messages from individual supporters.

TerryTheTerror
30-05-2021, 09:28 AM
Yet ironically our best signing last year was one the manager had done the due diligence on - Edwards.

We don't know that, it could have been done at Tranmere and he followed up on it at United.

tHeArAb
30-05-2021, 09:30 AM
Yes but in the perfect set up the manager goes to the sporting director with a list of the players he wants with a 1st,2nd and 3rd choice.What we don't need is someone with very little managerial knowledge ie The Big Man just signing players he thinks we can profit from in the future.
This is exactly how it should be happening within our model imo.

arab1970
30-05-2021, 09:32 AM

our best signing was Fuchs a TA signing

TerryTheTerror
30-05-2021, 09:32 AM
What we don't need is someone with very little managerial knowledge ie The Big Man just signing players he thinks we can profit from in the future.

That's bound to be a weighting in the decision but I doubt it's the decisive factor, we have signed players with no real sell on value. Remember we have an analyst working on stats for any player we may be signing that gives concrete evidence about their career and abilities.

TerryTheTerror
30-05-2021, 09:34 AM
This is exactly how it should be happening within our model imo.

Not really as you are then hamstrung by the knowledge of the manager and, as has just been said, a player like Fuchs would never be signed.

GUNBOAT
30-05-2021, 09:38 AM
Not really as you are then hamstrung by the knowledge of the manager and, as has just been said, a player like Fuchs would never be signed.

Who would you think is most qualified in the signing of a player we badly need?.

1,Micky Mellon.

2,Big Tony.

3,Tam.

tHeArAb
30-05-2021, 09:38 AM
We don't know that, it could have been done at Tranmere and he followed up on it at United.
Mellons interview at the time would suggest he's a player he'd known of for quite some time.

- The Liverpudian is also no stranger to Mellon as he has kept an eye on him since he came through the ranks at his former club, Blackburn Rovers. He will decide this week whether he will make his debut at Motherwell this weekend.

He confirmed: “I saw him right back in his Blackburn days. He is a centre back I have known for a long time. -

tHeArAb
30-05-2021, 09:43 AM
our best signing was Fuchs a TA signing

A matter of opinion obviously. I'd say Edwards' steadying of the leaking ship was the most important signing we made. Not to mention the goals he popped up with.

GUNBOAT
30-05-2021, 09:49 AM
When we were screaming out for a wide attacking player The Big Man gave Micky Premiership ready Hoti,FACT.

AraBrian
30-05-2021, 09:51 AM

Yeah can see why someone else would go through all that stuff and obviously scouts spotting players and reporting to manager but surely the manager should tell TA or whoever which players he wants him to go for?

GUNBOAT
30-05-2021, 09:52 AM
A matter of opinion obviously. I'd say Edwards' steadying of the leaking ship was the most important signing we made. Not to mention the goals he popped up with.

Edwards was our best signing by a mile,Fuchs was a good addition but he is inconsistent.

AraBrian
30-05-2021, 09:53 AM
theres been nothing, Tam deleted his twitter account as news was breaking

theres been nothing aimed at him, all aimed at the appointment which is not his fault.

there was another analyst who was replying to fans regarding KPI's again, he wasn't abused, people just ripped the pish a wee bit.

Hardly disgusting behaviour...

Yeah thats all fair play.:)

AraBrian
30-05-2021, 09:57 AM

wee jum managed don't think anyone else was signing players for him and telling him to play them same with fergie stien clough shankly etc.

GUNBOAT
30-05-2021, 09:59 AM
I'm amazed The Big Man has not got his staff setting up accounts on here,its a FACT that ST did that back in the day.

AraBrian
30-05-2021, 10:02 AM
I'm amazed The Big Man has not got his staff setting up accounts on here,its a FACT that ST did that back in the day.

Anyones welcome on here are they not?Or just people with certain opinions?Might be good to have some utd staff on here say what they have to say.

tHeArAb
30-05-2021, 10:10 AM
Anyones welcome on here are they not?Or just people with certain opinions?Might be good to have some utd staff on here say what they have to say.

They wouldn't want to mingle with 'clowns' that pay their wages, surely?

AraBrian
30-05-2021, 10:15 AM
They wouldn't want to mingle with 'clowns' that pay their wages, surely?

Really don't think all utd staff were behind the young laddies clowns comment.Think some of them probably utd at heart also and were also classed as clowns.

offshore_arab83
30-05-2021, 10:18 AM

they all still read here and the other forums mate

tHeArAb
30-05-2021, 10:19 AM
Really don't think all utd staff were behind the young laddies clowns comment.Think some of them probably utd at heart also and were also classed as clowns.

I know mate. Its was just a bit of sarcasm.