PDA

View Full Version : New signing immanent ! He could be returning !

POGGYWELL
08-06-2021, 10:46 AM
Gathering pace that old boy Devante Cole set to return.
12 goals from 27 games with Motherwell last season.

POGGYWELL
08-06-2021, 10:54 AM
Free

Motherwell remain in talks with Devante Cole over a new deal as the club provided an update on player contracts.

23 players will depart Fir Park when their contracts - including loan deals - end but Graham Alexander hopes that Cole will sign a new deal to keep him at the club next season.

The 26 year-old striker finished the season as Motherwell's top goal scorer with 12 goals in all competitions as he thrived since January under the tutelage of Alexander.

POGGYWELL
08-06-2021, 11:09 AM

POGGYWELL
08-06-2021, 11:13 AM
Barnsley Head Coach, Valérien Ismaël, was pleased to bolster his squad so early in the transfer window, adding: “I am delighted that we have signed Devante. He is a player with lots of ability and has shown that he can score goals. I am confident that he complements our existing philosophy and style of play.

“It is important that we continue to progress as a club and getting this deal done so quickly is a clear indication that we intend to be competitive next season. I look forward to integrating Devante into our squad when we return for pre-season later this month.”

Barnsley Chop
08-06-2021, 01:31 PM
Cheers Poggy - let's hope the lad has matured as a person and a player over the last few years and makes the most of this very good opportunity he has been given.

pass_and_move
08-06-2021, 01:49 PM
Cheers Poggy - let's hope the lad has matured as a person and a player over the last few years and makes the most of this very good opportunity he has been given.

Agree mate, the lad was a bit work shy to say the least when he was last here but to be fair, we had a very poor team at the time struggling darn at the lower end of league one and he was a bairn fresh art o a Premiership Academy team.

I believe Coles ability isn't in question and with a better standard of coaching as well as a better guidance here, he could fit in nicely. Like tha sez, he's hopefully matured and could be a decent signing.

When tha thinks abart Ivan Toney when he were on loan here a few years ago, nubdy then would've thought at the time that he wo capable of scoring 30 odd championship goals in a season. This is a big opportunity for Cole and I hope he takes it. Good luck to the lad.

red syy
08-06-2021, 01:49 PM
Cheap and cheerful signing. Hope he's better than last time......

red syy
08-06-2021, 01:51 PM
Saying that ivan toney turned it around????

Romared
08-06-2021, 03:01 PM
How tall is he !! He had a bit of an attitude problem last time here "bad egg" , let's hope he now realises this is a great opportunity for him, he's hopefully matured now , he was only a lad 6 year's ago , he had big wages, and everything that too many young players at Big Clubs get ,
Good Luck to him, and welcome back Devante ,

Barnsley Chop
08-06-2021, 03:06 PM
How tall is he !! He had a bit of an attitude problem last time here "bad egg" , let's hope he now realises this is a great opportunity for him, he's hopefully matured now , he was only a lad 6 year's ago , he had big wages, and everything that too many young players at Big Clubs get ,

That makes us 6 years older too Roma ....:?

POGGYWELL
08-06-2021, 03:48 PM

Height 6 ft 1 in (1.85m)

animallittle3
08-06-2021, 05:07 PM
Certainly raised my eyebrows but given the recruitment last season they've obviously spotted something in Devante that compliments our style here .

Welcome back lad and hope you do the biz .

EthelRed
08-06-2021, 06:11 PM
Left field this one, even by our standards.

26 years of age not our usual target age, has a goal roughly every 4 games career history which is not inspiring and mostly drifted around lower leagues and scots premier without really finding a home.

Not inspiring but the very best of luck to him.

pass_and_move
08-06-2021, 06:25 PM
Left field this one, even by our standards.

26 years of age not our usual target age, has a goal roughly every 4 games career history which is not inspiring and mostly drifted around lower leagues and scots premier without really finding a home.

Not inspiring but the very best of luck to him.

Similar situation to Carlton Morris Eths

EthelRed
08-06-2021, 07:25 PM
Similar situation to Carlton Morris Eths

Thats true Pass but I thought someone with more pedigree was needed rather than a freebie without Championship experience.

Ill wait and see this window has a long way to go. Im sure there will be ins and outs to come.

As I said good luck to him.

BarnsleyDaft
08-06-2021, 07:37 PM
Daryl who?. Im expecting 20+ from this lad under Big Val... may even put ten bob on that for this season

EastStandRed
08-06-2021, 10:52 PM
Let’s hope he doesn’t drive off up Grove Street if he gets substituted again or his Dad comes knocking on the coaches door if he’s not getting picked

Weird signing

POGGYWELL
08-06-2021, 11:23 PM
Good luck knocking on Val’s door !
If he’s still here.

Redrascal
09-06-2021, 05:07 PM
It was either on this board or bbs that said andy cole, his dad was seen at oakwell.

POGGYWELL
09-06-2021, 06:15 PM
19205Scored a few goals last season on £1,400 a week at Motherwell. I would think that answers a few questions.

BarnsleyDaft
09-06-2021, 07:32 PM
Sorry but the rose tinted glasses are firmly on with this one.
You never know this could be the year he steps out of his dads almighty shadow and were all hoping we can keep him come January.

Acido
09-06-2021, 08:22 PM
Its a weird one is this. Does he and our owners know summat we don't ?. :p

BarnsleyDaft
09-06-2021, 08:31 PM
We all thought this with Vaz Te. Still remember that goal from touchline.
Am i dreaming yes.. is it possible also yes." Fresh start kid, Nar show us what thaz got".